Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2x4 mentioned could have been wood from Al’s woodworking supplies in the garage. She was quick to offer an explanation as to why Gannon’s blood would be found in the garage. She could have harmed Gannon on Sunday, using a board to swing at him. She would want to get rid of evidence and possibly put that board, along with anything else that was “bloody”, in the duffel bag she is seen carrying to the truck Monday morning.

She claims to have a Monday selfie with Gannon and it appears that she then exited the truck and left the phone. It doesn’t seem panicked.
GANNON is my hero! JMO
It occurred to me, following this thread that defense will use her very stupidity as a defense,ie as in most of her attempts to cover up events were those of a panicked person, not a cool calculated “educated” person, not sure how to make this one work, but since stupid is the second best adjective, got to turn it around, impossible to work w/ the first...evil

NOLO states:

"Premeditation

Someone premeditates a crime by considering it before committing it. Premeditation requires that the defendant think out the act, no matter how quickly—it can be as simple deciding to pick up a hammer that is lying nearby and to use it as a weapon."

If that is the legal definition they go by, then that's why they arrested her for Murder 1 and not manslaughter or Murder 2.

She likely didn't premeditate the abuse on Sunday (if that's when it occurred), but after she injured him so badly, she planned and plotted his demise throughout the night and into the next day. She's so full of herself, she actually thought (IMO) that she could fool all the investigators and fudge the forensic evidence. It had to have taken her awhile to come up with a plan that included searches on GS' phone about how to keep his parents from finding him and then forgetting to take her own phone with her.

So, she's not stupid, but she's not brilliant either. She's just self-centered, a narcissist, and she has no empathy. Eventually, a professional will likely diagnose her, perhaps as a psychopath or a sociopath, both of which indicate someone who has no empathy.

Mental illness may certainly play a role in her behavior, but I don't think it should play a role in her defense.
Gannon is my hero! It shouldn’t, and all her actions to hide Gannon and evidence are those of someone who knew right from wrong...MOO

Really good points. I still think someone on a jury might buy she forgot phone bc she was so stressed out. And why would it be first degree if it was accident and she panicked? Defense can say she wasn’t educated enough to know that the injury was going to kill him. She can say she was enroute to hospital when it happened. You know there are always jurors who are naive and want to see the best in everyone.
I don't think the defense can say she wasn't educated enough to know an injury would kill him. She was a teacher. She was a mandated reporter and trained to recognize the signs of abuse or injuries. She would have known hospital staff would have suspected abuse so if anything they would think she avoided medical care intentionally to avoid getting caught.

It would still be first degree Murder if it was an accident and she did not go to a hospital because she panicked. It is based on what a 'reasonable' person would do, not what an educated or knowledgeable person would do. A caring parent would take their child to the hospital if they were seriously injured.

I'm not sure a jury would necessarily believe anything she says. They will hear about all the lies and stories she told. They will learn how she attempted to steer the narrative and point the finger in other directions. They will know that her actions and words hindered the investigation and made it harder for investigators to find Gannon. I don't think anyone on a jury will buy a single thing she says. Or at least not enough that it will prevent them from finding her guilty.

Imo

Not just anything, but ALL of it:

"She's made statements across the board to what appears to be as many people as possible," said Loew. "Now all of those statements are going to be able to be presented to a jury."

Loew says any inconsistencies in her stories could help prosecutors reveal she was up to something.

Defense attorney: Letecia Stauch is a lawyer's worst nightmare - KRDO

Checkin' in.

This is an excellent reminder that the "e" in email stands for EVIDENCE. That's an old saying I used to pass around to folks in my line of work.

Anyone LE suspects that may be in the know about facts related to this case, or any case for that matter, and who has posted information online, IMO is open to subpoena to testify....like mom, husband, friend, on any of the fb groups, etc. etc.

Not to be demeaning, but I sat back in my chair throughout this case and said to myself.....SELF, are these people that unaware?

Does this look like a flyer that's designed to find a missing boy or mislead LE and blame the boy for running away??? o_Oo_O
View attachment 237150

Flyer Oddities:
1. The creator of this flyer managed to find a picture that puts her (duckface) self more prominent than the boy it's designed to find! :mad:
2. She later recanted and said she might have been mixed up & maybe what was listed on this flyer wasn't really what he was wearing!
(We saw the video---->it's not what he was wearing)
3. Why put "sick" in parenthesis??
4. Why include the info about what was searched on his phone? Is that really pertinent to finding your missing step-child? Besides the flyer says he left his cell phone at home!
5. "Not know if he has money or bank cards on him." Do you know a lot of 11 year olds that carry bank cards :rolleyes: and if he took the time to do that cell search, why would he take bank cards (that could be traced) with him??

Oh, she's not a smart one!!!o_Oo_Oo_O

Thank you for reposting this. Somehow I totally missed it. I agree with your talking points.

Unbelievable that she created & circulated this. There’s so much odd & unnecessary detail (which we now know is common for her). IMO, she knows what she did to him and this is her attempt, again, of planting doubts, creating a false story, blaming a unruly child (she doesn’t say that but it’s implied). She still cannot even pretend to show concern for him by saying - “We all love Gannon very much and want him home” or “Gannon is missed and we are heartbroken”.

The money & bank card mention is absurd. He’s 11. Is he going grocery shopping & staying in a hotel while he’s decided to run away & live on his own?

Nevermind the rest of it (phone searches, being home “sick”, no showcase pic of the missing child, etc.).

IMO, I believe LE knew right away they had a live one with stepmom.

I remember watching something on TV where they said premeditation can be 5 minutes. premediation was considered any time there was time to rethink what they were doing before acting out and to decide to not commit the crime. JMO
Yes, it can actually just be a few seconds. It can be a decision made in an instant. Jmo

** Warning, the contents of this post may be disturbing.

Do we know for sure that TS carried some long bag to the truck that she did not return with!? Last night is that first I’ve heard mention of that. The video is way to dark to see anything imo and wouldn’t Rodney be talking about that if true? Gun bag??? Any guns missing?
@Angels27 The thought is horrifying, but justice for Gannon includes facing the brutal reality of what he endured.

Attached are images of a person on a mission and carrying a soft rifle case. Many avid hunters prefer soft cases and usually slide them behind the front seat in their truck. Search a large shopping site for 'soft rifle case', the average length is only 3.5 ft.

Also attached is an image of a mounted buck head indicating the home of a hunter. Maybe a relative, but given that AS was also military, he had guns. AS can attest to one missing, and LE can determine if it was recently fired. The PC gave no doubt that GS was dead.

A gun offers the perp distance to commit their crime. It minimizes blood splatter as well as the chance of acquiring defense wounds.

Surveillance video may show Gannon Stauch leaving with stepmom - KRDO

Attachments

• Gun Case 1.jpg
    Gun Case 1.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 294
  • Gun Case 2.jpg
    Gun Case 2.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 319
  • Gun Case 3.jpg
    Gun Case 3.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 314
  • Gun Case 4.jpg
    Gun Case 4.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 323
  • Gun Case 5.jpg
    Gun Case 5.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 323
  • Buck Head.jpg
    Buck Head.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 275
bbm
** Warning, the contents of this post may be disturbing.

@Angels27 The thought is horrifying, but justice for Gannon includes facing the brutal reality of what he endured.

Attached are images of a person on a mission and carrying a soft rifle case. Many avid hunters prefer soft cases and usually slide them behind the front seat in their truck. Search a large shopping site for 'soft rifle case', the average length is only 3.5 ft.

Also attached is an image of a mounted buck head indicating the home of a hunter. Maybe a relative, but given that AS was also military, he had guns. AS can attest to one missing, and LE can determine if it was recently fired. The PC gave no doubt that GS was dead.

A gun offers the perp distance to commit their crime. It minimizes blood splatter as well as the chance of acquiring defense wounds.

Surveillance video may show Gannon Stauch leaving with stepmom - KRDO

Focusing on what is shown in those images might make me change my mind: perhaps LS did use a rifle, but I still have a doubt. The item LS is carrying might not be 3 ft. Compare the length of what she's carrying to her height. I believe she stands at 5 ft 9 inches. A 3.5 ft long rifle case is longer than half her body length; the item seems not to meet that measurement.

https://www.amazon.com/Savior-Equip...&pf_rd_p=bc89681f-1057-56f0-b702-71b6e4f78824

bbm

I indicated a "bag or a suitcase". The bag could have been a military duffle bag, which will easily hold 100+ lbs. No need to use the strapping to carry it, just cradle the bag to lift and move. It is quite possible AS had one or more duffle bags in the house.

LS does not appear to be 'frail' in any sense of the word. In fact, she appears somewhat 'stocky'. I have no doubt LS could lift and place 90 lbs. Maybe not 'easily', but I believe she could do it.

Airline weight limits have no relevance in this case.

I was using the airline weight limit as a point of reference to what 50 lbs would feel like to move between cars.

I personally can lift >100 lbs and I’m not that strong... but when it’s dead weight, I struggle. Just bags of cat litter are hard for me to get out of a trunk, and they are less than 100.

Its easily visible in the video. She has it when she walks around the front of the truck to back it in at the beginning of the video. Its long bag - with some weight, could be a lot of things. Could be a rifle or some golf irons etc.
... and if I didn't know better, I would think the video captures a man heading out to hunt or target practice. I say a soft rifle case.

Tecia reported Stauch missing around 6:55 Monday, January 27 - telling officials he was last seen between 3:00 and 4:00 p.m before he left for a friend's house.

Few details have been released about the ongoing investigation into Stauch's disappearance, with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office only saying that deputies are continuing search efforts based on tips.

Wednesday, the sheriff's office said people were searching in the northern area of El Paso County and southern portion of Douglas County. That includes areas near Palmer Lake.
Douglas-County-gannon-search-scaled.jpg

"There’s everything out there when you’re talking about wildlife. There’s lots of places to hide. It’s rural, it’s rough. And you don’t see a lot of people." said Linnea Shamash, who lives across from one search area a couple miles north of Palmer Lake off highway 105. "You could be out there for hours and hours and not see one person," she said.
Stepmom gives statement to Denver media; search for Gannon Stauch goes north - KRDO
If only TS could be charged for changing the breathtakingly beautiful lands of Colorado into search sites and possible crime scenes.

Went back to look at the timeline again and there was a link to this article written on Tuesday, Jan 28th the day after Gannon was reported missing. In hindsight a couple things jumped out at me.

“That’s really our only concern, that he’s so young,” Mynatt said. “It’s cold outside, it’s going to start getting late here soon. We want to find him, get him home and put him in a safe environment. <snip>
Deputies are actively searching for the boy in between calls for service, and the case has been forwarded to major crimes detectives. Such a move is made when additional investigative tools, such as the ability to obtain deleted information off a phone, are needed, she said.
https://www.outtherecolorado.com/search-underway-for-missing-colorado-boy/

So major crimes detectives were "helping out" ;) as soon as Tuesday. I also thought the part of mentioning needing the help to obtain deleted information off of a phone (Gannon's & maybe TS's) was interesting.

I also found a pic of the Metro Crime Lab van parked in front of the house Wed 1/30:
View attachment 237144

Yeah, I'd say they were suspicious of TS from the start. JMO
Hopefully that suspicion means they have lots of evidence & GPS/tracking info on areas to search and find Gannon!

#GannonStrong #FindGannon
BBM
We want to find him, bring him home, and put him in a safe environment.

Wow it wasn’t just enough to say and bring him home. They had reason to believe as early as Tuesday that G wasn’t living in a safe environment. I think they are going to have evidence showing a history of child abuse. Ie school absences, doctor’s records, multiple different health care provider calls and visits. IMO

bbm
I was using the airline weight limit as a point of reference to what 50 lbs would feel like to move between cars.

I personally can lift >100 lbs and I’m not that strong... but when it’s dead weight, I struggle. Just bags of cat litter are hard for me to get out of a trunk, and they are less than 100.
Struggle, but not impossible. That's all it takes.

Unbelievable that she created & circulated this.

I wonder what time she started working on that "Missing" flyer? Surely LE has her computer/phone/devices etc in their possession and/or have accessed the documents saved to any cloud account she might have? I can just see her arriving back home at 2:30 and getting started right away on the flyer...

bbm

Focusing on what is shown in those images might make me change my mind: perhaps LS did use a rifle, but I still have a doubt. The item LS is carrying might not be 3 ft. Compare the length of what she's carrying to her height. I believe she stands at 5 ft 9 inches. A 3.5 ft long rifle case is longer than half her body length; the item seems not to meet that measurement.

https://www.amazon.com/Savior-Equip...&pf_rd_p=bc89681f-1057-56f0-b702-71b6e4f78824

She is 5'7" according to this link
Letecia Leann Stauch

While booking info may not be accurate (we saw she somehow lost 15 pounds by the time she got to CO per booking weights) she doesn't strike me as unusually tall in other pictures we've seen. And 5'9" is unusually tall for a woman. The average height of a woman raised in the US is 5'4"
How Tall Is the Average Woman (and What Does She Weigh)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay