Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drayton then provided CrimeOnline with security footage taken on Sunday, January 26.

“I was looking back and I saw them, and they were outside Sunday playing. It was before Monday,” Drayton said. “She backed up and said, ‘Gannon you get on this side, Laina you get on the other side,’ because I could hear what they were saying. My camera picks up sound and everything. I got them coming. I got him getting out of the car Sunday and running to the house. He was perfectly fine.”

“On Sunday he looked fine. He was running around playing with his sister. On Monday, he looked drugged, he looked sick. He could barely walk.”

Drayton added that there is a lot more footage that has not been shown publicly, that was handed over to authorities.

“Nobody offered me any money. I didn’t release the tapes. News media released it. They were told not to but they released it…I guess she didn’t realize that I had a camera, but the FBI came and recorded [the footage] I guess from Saturday until that whole week. So they know everything she done from that Saturday until that following Saturday.”
‘He could barely walk’: Gannon Stauch neighbor confirms security footage dates after stepmother’s murder arrest [EXCLUSIVE]

The Petco was "out of the way" only to an observer. I think T was taken aback by the question because for her purposes it was right on the way to where she intended to go....towards the general area of Palmer Lake to dispose of a body & evidence in the truck. I personally believe that G was drugged to the point he may have passed out in the back seat. It would be 'clean & easy' (in theory) to perhaps tie a plastic bag (like a throw-up type bag) around his
head and let him smother. Unfortunately for the murderer this might cause vomit & excrement to be something to clean up) explain later....
Hmmmm..just another theory..
Hope we get to learn a lot more Wed. afternoon.
And this may be the reason for the rental car and simply nothing more nefarious. If she let him suffocate after being drugged she couldn’t deal with the literal mess she caused. I hope she suffers eternal nightmares IMO

TS had her "American Dream" life as she called it. At first she & AS only had the kids part time (they could easily shuttle them back & forth between them and grandparents) when they were living in SC. Once TS & AS moved to Colorado, AS was away working a lot and there was no family in the area, so she was taking care the kids full time, and much of it by herself. My understanding is that LH still had them in the summer & some holidays. She should've known marrying a military man who had children. She signed up for it, but was SUPER biter and resentful as it wasn't the life she had planned. She saw LH as the reason that she was saddled with these kids even though her husband is their father! TS wanted AS, but not the kids. When you marry someone with kids, it's a package deal! This woman is so self-centered and whacko, that she would never have given that a thought!

I'm sure in between vacations and selfies (everything for show) she treated AS's kids like crap and was verbally abusive to them. Gannon got the brunt of it because she admits to being closer to little sister. He was close to LH & his grandparents, but not her. TS thought after all the sacrifices she made & all that she did for Gannon, how dare he not shower her with more attention & affection than he did LH!? With their marriage on the rocks, loosing her potential job, and taking care of these kids that she didn't see as her own or even want, she was a ticking time bomb. It took nothing to throw her over the edge, and Gannon was the easy target. According to her, he was the kid that would do what ever she asked right away! She abused & severely injured him in a fit of rage that weekend and there was no turning back in her mind! Poor sweet Gannon :(:(
BBM- Exactly-
my step kids are older but as step-mom- I got up extra early to take step sons girlfriend to work and grandbaby to daycare when their car was broken down, to help out as hubby was working 12 hour shifts and they needed help. I help out when I can and we take grandkiddos a lot, especially in the summer time for no school and we live on a lake...making memories and all.
On the flip side, my hubby, my girl's step dad helps my girls out all the time with lake stuff and camping stuff and my ex (my girls dad) will even come over to help out..one big happy family.
The way it should be.
LS took on step kids knowingly, she marred AS who left his wife for her. she signed on for this.
I am so angry right now at what she did to this sweet little guy who is same age as my grandkid. UGH

I have only listened to part of it as it’s time consuming to put all of my notes in order & explain in a way that most people would understand.

Without going into every little detail of each sound (however I can’t if anyone wants me to...as I did take copias amounts of notes) the short story is in the first 16 minutes that I listened to she showed contempt for LH, judgement towards LH’s parenting, anger towards LH for choosing her husband over her children, she sounds frustrated with the entire custody situation, she also IMHO sounded like she was angry, even resentful that LH & her parents were in the picture...which baffles me.

T also sounded like she had premeditated/calculated answers to the “threats” angle. Yeah she didn’t seem to be too calculated when answering very poignant questions. She also deflected, a lot, like when she was asked these direct questions. Minute 19:02 the caller says “ and now you hate her” referring to after Gannon has gone missing and the stuff that has come out of her very own mouth, as well as her obvious bitterness toward Landen/custody situation when she did the Cousin It interview. She respondes quietly saying “no that’s not the case” and then immediately started talking erratically,about all kinds of nonsense, not finishing her thoughts & jumping around from topic to topic. This particular statement/question seemed to through her for a loop. Which in my opinion is on because she took a call from a total stranger. How could she possibly not think that that total stranger would ask not ask her some of these type questions… like hello! That is all wayyyy beyond me. And very stupid of her quite frankly.

For someone who said that this wasn’t about her she said “I”a whole lot. Except for when it came to answering direct questions, then it was all about everyone else.
Also interestingly enough, at one point she says well she hints around that it is selfish for Landen to want the children to stay in South Carolina because she wants it her (LH’s) way. That’s just kind of humorous to me because everything seems to be all about what she (TS) has done for the children and how she feels and what she thinks, what she wants, her her her her her her... that’s not selfish at all. *eye-roll*.

Okay this ended up being a bit longer than I had originally planned and I did go into some detail but some of those things I just had to share because they were so blatantly obvious. Not just because of her tone but also in what she actually said over and over in different ways with many words.

I have to go to bed early tonight because I have a stress test in the morning… Yayyy, said by no pleasantly plump person ever.

But I hope to continue to listen from minute 28 forward sometime tomorrow afternoon and into the evening.

PS: I used mostly talk-to-text. And I’m 51 pages behind. Is there a secret to catching up that is unbeknownst to me? I could sure use some tips on how to ketchup. ;) Also! I’m a very long-winded Aspie who loves to wear highly fashionable & eccentric sunglasses to hide from others. #itdoesnthavetomakesense @Thespyma

Dear @UnapologeticallyAspie,

Great insights!

In my opinion, the best way to catch up is to read @oviedo's up-to-date summary:

Deceased/Not Found - CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #33

P.S. You will do great in your stress test tomorrow.:) Also it doesn't help when they call it a "stress test". :) They need to come up with a much better name for it - in my opinion! In my experience, it sounded worse than it actually was, when I went through it.

Last edited:
@LeBlack i definitely do not think that T was jealous of LH (I cannot reply to your comment from thread #33) And jealous of what?
I think, it was my impression from the things T said in the call & the say that she said them that she was angry with Landen’s parental decisions. That LH chose her criminal husband over her own children. I don’t think there was any reason for T to be jealous UNLESS she was jealous that LH had Al first. But even then, that’s quite ludicrous.
All of this is MOO. IMO. IMHO.

Drayton then provided CrimeOnline with security footage taken on Sunday, January 26.

“I was looking back and I saw them, and they were outside Sunday playing. It was before Monday,” Drayton said. “She backed up and said, ‘Gannon you get on this side, Laina you get on the other side,’ because I could hear what they were saying. My camera picks up sound and everything. I got them coming. I got him getting out of the car Sunday and running to the house. He was perfectly fine.”

“On Sunday he looked fine. He was running around playing with his sister. On Monday, he looked drugged, he looked sick. He could barely walk.”

Drayton added that there is a lot more footage that has not been shown publicly, that was handed over to authorities.

“Nobody offered me any money. I didn’t release the tapes. News media released it. They were told not to but they released it…I guess she didn’t realize that I had a camera, but the FBI came and recorded [the footage] I guess from Saturday until that whole week. So they know everything she done from that Saturday until that following Saturday.”
‘He could barely walk’: Gannon Stauch neighbor confirms security footage dates after stepmother’s murder arrest [EXCLUSIVE]

Wow. The camera DID capture audio. That explains why the Drayton previously said that LE said 'this is the break we needed.' And they have days worth of footage. I bet there's a lot more footage that helped LE fill in the puzzle pieces.

Yes I do.
Not unusual for kids to not tell on an abusive parent out of fear. And if he was away as much as TS complains he was away it all occurred while he was away. When she had the most power and control. Moo
I admit to feeling this too. Then throw in that manipulative "pinky promise" facade. Now she has a lot of power!!

Thanks for that. So 45 minutes there, 45 back. I think it was stated about 2 hours between her Petco visits. Only gives her 30 to maybe 60 minutes max if it was a little more than 2 hours between visits or she was hauling tail. Hmmm. Surely she isn't lying more. TS is the epitome of honesty. I gotta take a break and gather my thoughts. Be back later.

I thought visits were 10 something and 1 something, so more like 3 hours.

@LeBlack i definitely do not think that T was jealous of LH (I cannot reply to your comment from thread #33) And jealous of what?
I think, it was my impression from the things T said in the call & the say that she said them that she was angry with Landen’s parental decisions. That LH chose her criminal husband over her own children. I don’t think there was any reason for T to be jealous UNLESS she was jealous that LH had Al first. But even then, that’s quite ludicrous.
All of this is MOO. IMO. IMHO.
It wouldn't be the first or the last thing she said/done/felt that didn't make sense. JMO. She resents LH and it comes off as jealousy to me. JMO

I have only listened to part of it as it’s time consuming to put all of my notes in order & explain in a way that most people would understand.

Without going into every little detail of each sound (however I can’t if anyone wants me to...as I did take copias amounts of notes) the short story is in the first 16 minutes that I listened to she showed contempt for LH, judgement towards LH’s parenting, anger towards LH for choosing her husband over her children, she sounds frustrated with the entire custody situation, she also IMHO sounded like she was angry, even resentful that LH & her parents were in the picture...which baffles me.

T also sounded like she had premeditated/calculated answers to the “threats” angle. Yeah she didn’t seem to be too calculated when answering very poignant questions. She also deflected, a lot, like when she was asked these direct questions. Minute 19:02 the caller says “ and now you hate her” referring to after Gannon has gone missing and the stuff that has come out of her very own mouth, as well as her obvious bitterness toward Landen/custody situation when she did the Cousin It interview. She respondes quietly saying “no that’s not the case” and then immediately started talking erratically,about all kinds of nonsense, not finishing her thoughts & jumping around from topic to topic. This particular statement/question seemed to through her for a loop. Which in my opinion is on because she took a call from a total stranger. How could she possibly not think that that total stranger would ask not ask her some of these type questions… like hello! That is all wayyyy beyond me. And very stupid of her quite frankly.

For someone who said that this wasn’t about her she said “I”a whole lot. Except for when it came to answering direct questions, then it was all about everyone else.
Also interestingly enough, at one point she says well she hints around that it is selfish for Landen to want the children to stay in South Carolina because she wants it her (LH’s) way. That’s just kind of humorous to me because everything seems to be all about what she (TS) has done for the children and how she feels and what she thinks, what she wants, her her her her her her... that’s not selfish at all. *eye-roll*.

Okay this ended up being a bit longer than I had originally planned and I did go into some detail but some of those things I just had to share because they were so blatantly obvious. Not just because of her tone but also in what she actually said over and over in different ways with many words.

I have to go to bed early tonight because I have a stress test in the morning… Yayyy, said by no pleasantly plump person ever.

But I hope to continue to listen from minute 28 forward sometime tomorrow afternoon and into the evening.

PS: I used mostly talk-to-text. And I’m 51 pages behind. Is there a secret to catching up that is unbeknownst to me? I could sure use some tips on how to ketchup. ;) Also! I’m a very long-winded Aspie who loves to wear highly fashionable & eccentric sunglasses to hide from others. #itdoesnthavetomakesense @Thespyma
Thank you for doing all that work.
All the very best for your morning appointment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734