Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless LE has some really solid proof that she plotted a murder and carried it out, I’m sure there will be at least one juror who will see this as an accident that she panicked from n covered up, as there is no history of abuse against either child, and go easy on her. Although, if she did hit him and he died from that, because of his age, I guess that would be enough for M1, especially if it took hours for him to die and she didn’t seek care. It’s a good thing they aren’t seeking the DP. The burden would be so much higher.

It’s really hard to discuss anything on board because you don’t know what is and what isn’t being censored and it seems to change daily. So that’s all I will say regarding this issue.
My fear as well. I don’t believe for a microsecond that this was an accident or one time abuse. Unfortunately one of the key pieces of evidence supporting ongoing abuse is now against the rules.

Gannon Stauch's stepmom to appear in court Wednesday afternoon

SABBM:

9Wants to Know has found criminal justice files dating back to 2001 that name Letecia Stauch as a suspect and defendant.

Two police reports from Lumberton, North Carolina indicate Stauch was arrested at least twice in 2001 for getting into a fight and then stealing a car.

Records also reveal she was under the supervision of the North Carolina Department of Corrections for a period of time.

How much do you want to bet she had a juvenile record, too?

Loser.

Last edited:
Deputies anticipate packed courtroom during Gannon Stauch’s stepmom’s first appearance
The story has garnered a lot of attention in the Colorado and Horry County communities.

Our news partner KKTV in Colorado Springs reports that the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office is expecting a big crowd for the court appearance.

People on social media voiced plans to arrive at the courthouse as early as 7:30 a.m. Wednesday and camp out for the court appearance at 6 p.m. Eastern time.

The sheriff’s office reminded the public that signs, outbursts and any kind of communication attempts with Letecia is forbidden during the hearing.

Ita.
Thanks for the link, @imstilla.grandma.

Yes, I've very sadly thought about why the large sized harnesses ?
When they had smaller dogs.

A theory is that she needed to restrain him; but also to lower him into a hiding place like a gully or crevice.
Please let them find him soon !!!!
Okay, so what else would she need to lower him into a deep space or even drop him? Maybe something they had in their garage already. A rope? A chain? A cable? The specs say the harness has a D ring in the front and another in the back. What else could be a pet or purchase on the same aisle? A dog tie-out? A rope leash?
upload_2020-3-11_15-10-34.jpegupload_2020-3-11_15-12-34.jpeg
https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

Maybe she did buy smaller coats just so she would only be seen in one area of the store. Maybe the harness (her intended product of choice) was an extra purchase not revealed. Harnesses would be next to the dog apparel. To an observer, it would look like similar items. Whatever she bought - she doesn’t want to talk about it. LE has the receipt. No doubt. Her running mouth gave her away. As my dear buddy says: “Words do not come from a vacuum.”

Yes, it doesn't matter whether it was an accident or if there is no history of abuse. Even if it was the first time she ever abused him physically, she could still be found guilty of Murder in the first degree. It only takes one incident and if the child died as a result, she will be held accountable for the murder.

Imo
I do believe they will have a ton of evidence for abuse. Especially verbal abuse once we see the witnesses and all the technical evidence....texts etc.

Well, I guess there's a Nancy Grace podcast that has it? The link is in the post you are replying to. I'm off to check it out myself.
If TS said that, and Nancy has it cause of Leigh Egan, then TS is hung.

She would still show she can't keep her lies straight. And LietKiynes said (she was down stairs working out and didn't know where he sent or what friend)

Last edited:
As I see it, TS has a very limited set of things she can argue at trial, regarding what happened to Gannon.

1) He died in the car (she will claim she was "on her way" to keep him help, but wandering around Petco without him is not a reasonable standard of care for a dying child.
2) He jumped out of the car for some reason (upset that she was getting rid of his hockey equipment?) and she has no clue what happened next (and she lied about it and never told LE or AS where this happened, so that searches could be performed) - so she's still guilty of Murder 1 under CO statute in those two scenarios.
3) She left a relatively healthy Gannon in the truck while she shopped and someone stole him (but she didn't bother to alert LE - so, arguably maybe still Murder One).
4) She dropped him at the side of a rural road in order to punish him or teach him a lesson (Murder One, obviously).

Unless she takes the stand, she won't be able to explain why she called the Nursing Hotline but then didn't take Gannon in to be seen. If his body is never found, all of these scenarios still point to her and Murder One (neglect/abuse of a child leading to child's death). If his body is found, it will either lack visible evidence of beatings (etc) or it will have evidence of injury. In either scenario, if she abandoned him somewhere, she's still responsible. If there is evidence he was overdosed on something, that should show up if the body has been preserved by the cold weather.

But note that the charges reflect the scenarios numbered 1-4 above. She put Gannon in the car. She came home without him. She lied to LE and AS. Gannon is nowhere to be seen and TS has offered absolutely no reasonable explanation as to what happened, instead changing stories and offering new theories (she saw a stranger, maybe there's a strange car, etc).

First, though, she has to explain why no cameras caught Gannon leaving the house...she herself said initially she had no clue exactly when he left (she's downstairs) and therefore her observations of a "stranger" contradict her own words.

Okay, so what else would she need to lower him into a deep space or even drop him? Maybe something they had in their garage already. A rope? A chain? A cable? The specs say the harness has a D ring in the front and another in the back. What else could be a pet or purchase on the same aisle? A dog tie-out? A rope leash?
View attachment 237875View attachment 237876
https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...&pageView:grid&minPrice:&maxPrice:&pageSize:&

Maybe she did buy smaller coats just so she would only be seen in one area of the store. Maybe the harness (her intended product of choice) was an extra purchase not revealed. Harnesses would be next to the dog apparel. To an observer, it would look like similar items. Whatever she bought - she doesn’t want to talk about it. LE has the receipt. No doubt. Her running mouth gave her away. As my dear buddy says: “Words do not come from a vacuum.”

Why would she try to carefully lower him into a hole or something when she could just toss him over the edge?

My fear as well. I don’t believe for a microsecond that this was an accident or one time abuse. Unfortunately one of the key pieces of evidence supporting ongoing abuse is now against the rules.

She talks a good talk, especially for some naive juror who will want so badly to believe that a “sweet young woman” could never do this with evil intent. I just really hope they have the goods. Without a body it will harder too.

Why would she try to carefully lower him into a hole or something when she could just toss him over the edge?

Well, I guess that with some crevices or ravines, you'd want to make sure the person didn't cling to brush (or the body didn't hit a rock feature, a small ledge, and just get stuck and remain visible).

I think it's really unlikely that TS had chosen one specific place to hide Gannon (but maybe, who knows?)

I really don't think her purchases in Petco are particularly relevant, but the fact that she was there is crucial.

GANNONis my hero!Thank you all for your invaluable info, and support...Catching up today, and we are ready for her first court appearance... We are still trying to understand LETECIA from our own frame of reference...I tried to instill empathy in my children: “put yourself in the other person’s place, would you want someone to treat you that way?” or use the golden rule. My children seemed to get that even at a young age. If I proposed similar tactics w/ my adult sister(MOOsociopath), “we are not going there” or similar response, which tells me others had tried also. I do not bring this up to rehash previous posts, by those who have vast more experience and professional experience, but I have gone back to my original theory and revised it ... I think LETECIA may have been plotting to get LH and Gannon out of her fantasy world, for quite some time...LH( once you are out of the game, you stay out)Gannon was going to take more effort, but I believe the process was already begun, could have been as simple as making him so miserable he wanted to go back to LH... nope, that would be LH victory...I do not believe we can state as fact here that AS and LETECIA were discussing divorce, but until the orientation failure became known, that was only possible major stressor to accelerate the process.The GoG px can go both ways, great stepmom or be careful! All my efforts to explain LETECIA’s behavior fail... back to my original worry: that a innocent pathological liar(ie my sister)could actually cause an investigation to go in the wrong direction and Gannon would suffer...SQUARE ONE...ok, Could a guilty pathological liar do the same? Absolutely! I believe Letecia and GANNON had violent confrontation Sunday OR NOT?! what if she started w/ the runaway theory and needed a reason for this. The plan was actually well formulated.(at least to the degree that she actually carries out any goal.. Her own words: that she has moved on?! She really seems to more bothered by this, they found the evidence but not GANNON, had Gannon been found first, she absolutely believes She has made it look like an accident, a no need to look further for evidence. After all she told truth about bloody foot incident at house? Her audacious lies have had relatively few consequences in the past, she has even begun new career, sarc she would be given attention as the grieving stepmom, a role she will fail badly...so go back to the more obvious places to search, she didn’t hide him well, she hid him to fit her runaway story...one last question, where are her contaminated clothes? Have they been found?

Gannon Stauch's stepmom to appear in court Wednesday afternoon

SABBM:

9Wants to Know has found criminal justice files dating back to 2001 that name Letecia Stauch as a suspect and defendant.

Two police reports from Lumberton, North Carolina indicate Stauch was arrested at least twice in 2001 for getting into a fight and then stealing a car.

Records also reveal she was under the supervision of the North Carolina Department of Corrections for a period of time.

How much do you want to bet she had a juvenile record, too?

Loser.
That second one must refer to when she managed to avoid a prison sentence and got probation instead.

Oh well. There is no getting around it now. She's not going to get out of this one.

Imo

She talks a good talk, especially for some naive juror who will want so badly to believe that a “sweet young woman” could never do this with evil intent. I just really hope they have the goods. Without a body it will harder too.
She has never come across as a “sweet young woman” to me...just something about her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member