Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #36

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think she would have risked stealing anything from Walmart. I think maybe she was seen on camera at that Walmart and the witness will testify or verify the camera footage, time and date stamp, etc. JMO
Wasn’t the risk prevention guy from Petco? I didn’t see anything about Walmart on list, only Petco.

Maybe she needed to break into someone’s gun cabinet. Or maybe a car trunk, storage locker, apartment where she knows there is a gun or something.

There was a kids bow in the garage pics. And there was what really looked like a 10/22 soft case in the garage pics too, but I cant imagine someone storing a gun in the garage. Although a .22 would sound like a bb gun in rural America, MOO I dont think a gun was used here. It seems to be a death in haste and maybe expected but fully hoping wouldn't happen. If he was groggy Monday from abuse the day before, she may have felt obligated to drag him along.

Also MOO, maybe he said something to the wrong people regarding her past employment issues while she was going thru orientation at his school.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I see a coroner listed on the witness list. What would a coroner look at as far as evidence if there wasn't a body?

Just as an example, they could testify to something like an area of blood found within a home as "the volume of blood found indicates an injury that is not survivable". I can't recall the case specifically, but there has been convictions in a no-body case due to the example I gave.

Got it; the victim was Girly Chew Hossencofft

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but I see a coroner listed on the witness list. What would a coroner look at as far as evidence if there wasn't a body?
Good point.
There are no stupid questions. :)
Ask away.
Actually that's interesting as aren't there forensic departments in a coroner's line of work ?
Anyone want to answer that ?

I didn't see a coroner on the list.
It was lengthy and I'd read through it all but missed that.

When the charges against TS first came down, quite a few folks assumed the 1st degree murder charge was there because she planned to kill Gannon.

As it turns out, that wasn't the reason for that charge at all, it's because under the law in Colorado, if you're a person in a position of trust to a child under the age of 12, and you cause their death (in a number of ways as defined by the law) you're automatically going to be charged with 1st degree murder. As well you should.

Likewise, the tampering with a human body charge lists a number of different ways one might hide/damage a deceased person, with the intent of keeping justice at bay, but it doesn't mean all the things listed (or one or another) actually happened to that body. It just lists possible ways it could have taken place.

All of this is 100% paraphrased, from the links to the exact revised codes that have already been posted, but are easily missed, since this thread moves like lightning.
I hope that helps.
:)
Pink bolded : Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks.
I thought they had enough evidence proving murder either premeditated or spur of the moment.
Also I couldn't find defining laws re. murder in the first for minors in CO.
*Runs off to look it up*
Blue bolded : Thanks for emphasizing that (paraphrased) part of your post.
I already did the same. :p

I don't think she would have risked stealing anything from Walmart. I think maybe she was seen on camera at that Walmart and the witness will testify or verify the camera footage, time and date stamp, etc. JMO
I missed where Walmart was mentioned. When did she go there? Did u see it On the witness list?

If the
There was a kids bow in the garage pics. And there was what really looked like a 10/22 soft case in the garage pics too, but I cant imagine someone storing a gun in the garage. Although a .22 would sound like a bb gun in rural America, MOO I dont think a gun was used here. It seems to be a death in haste and maybe expected but fully hoping wouldn't happen. If he was groggy Monday from abuse the day before, she may have felt obligated to drag him along.

Also MOO, maybe he said something to the wrong people regarding her past employment issues while she was going thru orientation at his school.
If there wasn't a gun involved then why was there a “Shooting Incident Reconstruction” expert brought in. I thought about this a while ago. Clean easy not too messy. Might also explain what she doing at the back of the truck off camera for a few mins after she got Gannon seated. Maybe loading a weapon and who knows what else. That even might explain how they know for sure he’s dead. Maybe they found shell casings, missing gun, bullets, bullet hole, gunpowder residue, something. Maybe a witness to gunshot, etc.

Last edited:
She left her phone at home supposedly. Maybe she stole something (untraceable) to use in the crime, and bought something also that day as a ruse/diversion. Maybe whatever it was, she didn’t want on the receipt. I thought of this a while ago. Must have been something not too big in order to steal it.
I worked loss prevention at Walmart and they are always getting brought into court just because they run the cameras and they are the ones that provide LE with the picture and video they need of anything that goes on inside and outside the store!
yes if tissue was left somewhere ugh I hate this....

Good point.
There are no stupid questions. :)
Ask away.
Actually that's interesting as aren't there forensic departments in a coroner's line of work ?
Anyone want to answer that ?

I didn't see a coroner on the list.
It was lengthy and I'd read through it all but missed that.

It is on page 20. Coroner from Butler County which I believe is in Ohio.

Ah ok. Thanks grandma. I’ll go back and look. That must have been before I came on board and was a good 10 threads behind.
No, I’m glad you brought it up. Thanks. Cause Jimmy has not left my mind. As I was still believing that he did runaway back then. It was the only thing that made sense to me at the time. MSM, speculation, reasoning and SM influenced that specific target. I still think it’s an option for fresh eyes. I think he’s close. In the Fountain Creek area.

You are probably right. I don't have time to look right now. I still don't think she would have risked stealing anything from any retail establishment on the day she made him disappear.

Thanks for all you’re efforts @Trocroc9. So much appreciated. Where is this? Near the home? Is this close to the area @SalMAnder had mentioned before that she had driven to?
This shows the area of the search and Mandan Dr where Gannon lived. Easy trip up the road.
ETA Sorry @Trocroc9 beat me to it.

Attachments

• 48AAE509-3BE2-497D-93BC-81E4114E2461.jpeg
    48AAE509-3BE2-497D-93BC-81E4114E2461.jpeg
    175.1 KB · Views: 60
You are probably right. I don't have time to look right now. I still don't think she would have risked stealing anything from any retail establishment on the day she made him disappear.
Where are you getting Walmart from?
Mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members