Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good point. She may have been a good mother to HH. When BTK was caught, his wife and kids were devastated. The wife got a quick divorce, they all moved away, and (I'm told) none of them have ever visited him in prison.
Oh yeah I'm very familiar with that case as I lived in the city where the murders occurred. Family had no idea he was a serial killer.

What happened in court yesterday was the wheels of the justice system turning, and this is just the beginning of the beginning, and mostly academic.

(my MAC is down and I’m doing this on my phone which is entirely frustrating so posted too soon)

So...ETA:
I don’t care what anyone wore or who coughed or whispered or smiled. This DA’s office appears to have a wealth of evidence and I just want to see this thing move along to her predictable end.

Completely agree. My biggest concern is finding Gannon's body and bringing him home to be laid to rest. His parents need and deserve to be able to do that.

I’m behind here. Spring fever. Glorious day. Anyway, I think I remember reading earlier about using pigs as a method of disposal. There is a case here of a little boy whose body was never found. James Rex Clark was suspected of feeding Colton to the pigs. I’m not sure how/if that played into the convictions. It’s been such a very long time. Colton disappeared at the same time my little brother did and he lived in the next county over. Each time I placed a poster for my brother, I placed one for Colton. He holds a very special place in my heart. Along with Lucas Hernandez and Gannon Stauch.

Rebecca Faith Clark and her husband, James Rex Clark, were each sentenced to life in prison in 2017 after being convicted of first-degree murder and child abuse in the disappearance of Colton Clark from their home.

Colton Clark and his 9-year-old brother were the Clarks' nephews and were adopted after being removed from the custody of their biological parents.
Deceased/Not Found - OK - Colton Clark, 9, Seminole, 20 April 2006 *R. & R. Clark guilty**
Sending hugs. I’m sorry for your loss.

Public Defender=Government Salary. These are women, let’s not go down the road of shaming women and their dress. This is not a red carpet moment.
Here is the last thing I will say on this subject, then I’m going to scroll and roll as recommended by the mods:
This is not New York City. We are not flashy here. A Colorado funeral has more denim than black. A Colorado wedding has more flannel and cowboy boots than suits. In fact, based on every other place I’ve worked in Colorado, we’re lucky they were dressed in anything other than t-shirts, jeans, and Tevas. They have a courtroom dress code and rules for decorum; they obviously met that code or they’d have been dismissed by the judge.

While I still hope and pray that LS gives up Gannon's location, I have to be honest and say that I doubt that she ever will. In my own personal experience, the person who murdered a beloved family member never took responsibility and with every parole hearing continued to place himself as the victim even decades later. We were thankful that he remained in jail for at 25 years of his 25-life year sentence. I would be happier if he was still in jail today (or dead).

For now LE must focus on 1) finding Gannon through other means 2) locking down every piece of evidence they can to ensure she is convicted.

Posted 16 minutes ago:
“Lots of questions about #LeteciaStauch lime green jumpsuit she wore yesterday. Here's what the sheriff's office tells me:

They will not talk specifically about what classification Letecia falls under, but here is what it means in general terms--
This is called a Transition jumpsuit and is designed to provide quick identification so staff may provide an extra layer of observation over them. When an inmate who is in custody is cleared by mental health from suicide precautions, they are dressed into this jumpsuit for easy identification of the status. The use of the teal/lime green jumpsuit is a safety measure to ensure staff is aware that this inmate has a resent [sic] self-harming history and should be monitored and observed a little more closely. Inmates who are on transition, transitioning from a thick green or tan safety smock to a jumpsuit. When they are placed in teal/lime green jumpsuit they will typically get re-housed in a specific ward pending further review by mental health. However, we will also dress inmates who are on safety precautions, from their normal attire of a thick green or tan smock, into a teal/lime green jumpsuit for their court appearance in an effort to help protect their privacy of their current mental health status. Once they return from court they are then placed back into their original safety smock.” (BBM)
Ashley Franco
I’ve been wondering about this. Thanks for posting!

With cell phones they should be able to, at a minimum, see a list of time-stamped GPS coordinates. So yes, they should be able to see how long the phone stayed at any particular location and it will be in sequence. I assume the data from other devices, like vehicle GPS, would be very similar. They should be able to retrace everywhere any of these devices went, and that will only be easier for them if they have data from multiple devices to work with, which seems like a decent possibility in this case.

Budget Rental privacy agreement
  1. Some vehicles you rent from ABG may be equipped with devices which allow us to send commands to and receive certain information from the vehicle, including geolocation data from a global positioning system (GPS). These devices are TURNED ON ALL THE TIME, even when other services or other media in the vehicle is turned off. ABG and its partners may collect and process vehicle data about the vehicle itself, such as fuel level, odometer, speed, diagnostic and performance data, tire pressure, accident or damage data, and LOCATION and DIRECTION OF TRAVEL data...This information assists us in providing our services (such as responding to unlocking door requests, remote start and stop and our unattended vehicle pick-up and return), ......and as may be requested by LAW ENFORCEMENT agencies.

Last edited:
Can we go back to the search warrants issued in South Carolina for a moment.
It was mentioned yesterday that some warrants were issued in South Carolina.
All were done with Motions to seal except the ones in South Carolina, they do not have the same sealing process.
Can someone with knowledge please explain, are these warrants available?

From what I recall from yesterday's hearing, Judge Werner said that he was assigned the case because he was due up next on the homicide rotation. It appears he will continue to be the judge on the case.
I’m not sure how it works but his current term is up next January according to this:

Greg Werner is a judge for the Fourth Judicial District of Colorado. He was appointed in August of 2006 and was most recently retained by voters in 2014.[1] His current six-year term expires on January 11, 2021.[2]

Greg Werner - Ballotpedia

Bringing Gannon home is THE #1 most important thing. I agree with @MassGuy that they know where to look for him, but need the snow and ice to melt before they can access the area. Knowing that there wasn't a lot of snow the day he disappeared, and that there's been a lot of snow since then, this makes sense.

I'm not sure LS is up to going through a trial where all of her lies are exposed. The thought of being humiliated in that way may just be enough to get her to plead guilty. Of course the public will still find out all/most of the details, but she wouldn't have to face it in a courtroom. She does not like to face anything head on, as we well know by her first interview and her hiding from the camera yesterday.

Those of us raised by someone with a significant personality disorder tend to become very empathetic people. It stems from having to anticipate the parent's moods, reactions, needs, wants, etc. I'll even say I have found that I have to guard against some of the same behaviors taking root in myself, which with therapy and healing I've been able to do. (Thankfully! I can't imagine doing the things to my children that were done to me!) Speaking for myself here, this tendency towards being "trained" to feel the feelings of others, and how much LS reminds me of my own mother, I'm betting she'll plead guilty as a way of not having to face her true self laid out in all its ugliness.

The only thing that gives me pause is her hatred of Landen. She knows she has won in this "hurting contest" (which Landen wasn't even participating in). She may suffer through the humiliation of a trial just because in her mind she's victorious in taking Gannon away and knows Landen will always suffer the most. And that was the goal.

I’m behind here. Spring fever. Glorious day. Anyway, I think I remember reading earlier about using pigs as a method of disposal. There is a case here of a little boy whose body was never found. James Rex Clark was suspected of feeding Colton to the pigs. I’m not sure how/if that played into the convictions. It’s been such a very long time. Colton disappeared at the same time my little brother did and he lived in the next county over. Each time I placed a poster for my brother, I placed one for Colton. He holds a very special place in my heart. Along with Lucas Hernandez and Gannon Stauch.

Rebecca Faith Clark and her husband, James Rex Clark, were each sentenced to life in prison in 2017 after being convicted of first-degree murder and child abuse in the disappearance of Colton Clark from their home.

Colton Clark and his 9-year-old brother were the Clarks' nephews and were adopted after being removed from the custody of their biological parents.
Deceased/Not Found - OK - Colton Clark, 9, Seminole, 20 April 2006 *R. & R. Clark guilty**
Geez, what a heart-breaking tale. The resilience of the older sibling is kind of extraordinary ...

Oh yeah I'm very familiar with that case as I lived in the city where the murders occurred. Family had no idea he was a serial killer.

And, I'm just to the north about 60 miles. I remember when he resurfaced as a result of a book being written about him, and every time I heard a noise outside after dark I thought of him. Silly, I know, but that's what happens when you watch TV too much.

Can we go back to the search warrants issued in South Carolina for a moment.
It was mentioned yesterday that some warrants were issued in South Carolina.
All were done with Motions to seal except the ones in South Carolina, they do not have the same sealing process.
Can someone with knowledge please explain, are these warrants available?
So, stupid question because I’ve never seen an arrest warrant before, other than what the warrant is for, what kind of information could we expect to see?

ETA: I meant to say search warrants, but truthfully I’ve never seen either.

Last edited:
Oh I don’t see it happening here. At all. Sadistic perp had his own farm in the case I mentioned. Who knows what LS did. I tend to think he is somewhere close to a creek. Possibly in a drainage ditch or bridge area. Some place construction is going on. Example:
View attachment 238067

That’s what keeps popping into my mind as well-under bridges, in a ditch, or in the woods covered with fallen logs, rocks, branches, debris. Maybe not buried, but covered or hidden well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva