Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if I'm one of those. It doesn't negate her responsibility (in my eyes or in the law) It's as opposed to "premeditated' for the cleanup. Having a burner phone FOR this. Using the public library FOR maps, etc, etc. I believe that's what people mean, that she had to scramble in the aftermath...

ALSO, that's what she's charged with, Murder of a child under the age of 12. NOT premeditation. It's easier to prove he's under age 12, he was in her care, and she didnt' take him to the hospital than to prove premeditation. (in the legal sense) Especially without a . body.

I'm not talking about premeditation. I'm talking about the act of hurting someone.

It's never a "mistake" to hit someone. If anyone throws a punch, or even a child hitting their parent, there is intent to cause harm. I hit you and I hope it hurts.

Why hit someone? To hurt them. That's why you hit.

Why do you verbally abuse someone? Why scream? Why call them names? Why belittle them? To cause them emotional and psychological pain. That's why you verbally abuse someone.

My post has nothing to do with the charges. It was a comment on the fact that many posters were saying that TS hurt Gannon on the Sunday night UNINTENTIONALLY.

IMO she willfully went about hurting Gannon by whatever means she chose. It was not accident and it was not unintentional.

When the AA comes out we will be better able to discuss these points I'm sure, but for now this is where I sit.

MOO

I might be the only mom who thinks this way but I would not want her having anything wholesome, joyful, good, loving and pleasant to look at, and the prime example of this would be pictures of my son.
ETA: IMO an idea such as this would have to have his moms blessing.
upload_2020-3-20_11-2-32.png
“There’s a loneliness that only exists in one’s mind. The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.”
-F. Scott Fitzgerald​

“KARMA. No need for revenge. Just sit back and wait. Those who hurt you will eventually screw up themselves and if you’re lucky, God will let you watch.”
-Author unknown​

whatever ts did to abuse gannon it had to be sunday evening. ts hatched her plan that evening to hide the abuse, probably bruising and either internal or external blood-letting injuries. what we don’t know for sure is WHY ls ‘freaked out’. we don’t know whether or not it was typical for gannon to have done things that he shouldn’t. we don’t know if gannon did do something that was totally of his own doing or did he interfere with something that someone else was doing.

we do know ts wanted people to know that gannon was still alive ‘after the hike’ and i wonder why she would emphasize then but not also monday?

moo

There is also a chance LS had an accomplice. What if while she was at Petco, that other person took Gannon (while still alive) out of her car and take him with him/her, or drove away in the truck with Gannon? Maybe that is why she was looking out of the store nervously. If they took the truck, maybe she stayed locally going into the different stores until the truck returned without Gannon. Once Gannon is out of sight, she drives all over the place getting rid of and/or planting evidence.
This might make sense with what she has previously said: Gannon left with a friend, she didn’t kill him (cause he died later) and she doesn’t know where he is.
Just a theory.
MOO
I would imagine LE would have CCTV (hopefully) of something like this taking place that would include LS in store, truck being driven away and then brought back, while LS still inside store.
Plus the store would have video to confirm how long she was inside while something was happening outside. JMO

I don’t know how long it takes for a body to decompose to mostly bones....

RSBM

*WARNING*- Please do not continue reading if you may sensitive to scientific research regarding human decomposition. This post is for informational purposes only, and may be upsetting for some.

This is a very common question many WS members have. As a result, I have done extensive research regarding forensics and human decomposition. It's not pleasant to think about. :( Especially when a child is involved.

There are five stages of decomposition. You can read about them here:
Decomposition – The Forensics Library

Perhaps the most significant factor in the rate of decomposition is temperature and environment. [...] colder temperatures will slow the process down and, if cold enough, stop it altogether. You can read additional information here:

There are literally thousands of articles and photos (again; not pleasant) available if you care to do additional research using Google. Having said that; I believe one thing in favor of determining cause of death (COD), may be the colder temperatures in CO. This will help in the conviction of the person responsible. Granted there have been days with warmer temperatures. However; if Gannon was placed in area where snow has not melted (treeline/shade), or the temperature has remained cooler, it may have delayed the process. Gosh- I hate even thinking about this. :(

Please forgive me if my post has been upsetting for some to read. Because I have seen more than one question regarding this on the thread(s), I wanted to provide information to those who desire to know.

#Gannon'sArmy #BringGannonHome

MOO any focus on the day before by LS is strange.

If the reality was that the he didn't return at dark, (street lights going on?) as he was supposed to, even if he left mad, life would go from "He needs to learn to communicate if he is late."
To full blown panic.
Suddenly it would be all about what cars were around, driving yourself all the streets to and from friends or whatever store the kids go to, calling friends parents, and Mainly driving the streets and calling everyone. Then calling the police.

For an 11 year old I think panic would set in about 15 minutes after the time he was expected. Because no matter what unless, he was always late something is wrong.

Parents fear the child going and not coming back at a low level all the time. They know bad things happen and no matter if it is a happy or tragic outcome, it all starts the same, the child isn't where they are supposed to be.

From one who found remains after three months in the hot sun ~ I remember him with his smiling face with dimples. Beautiful brown hair matching his twinkling bright brown eyes as he helps me pull up my fishing pole. We’re still hopping up with joy together as we brag to our siblings... ❤️
Dear imstilla.grandma,
Peace be with you, dear.
I cannot wrap my brain around what you have endured.
Hugs and prayers for you.❤

RSBM

*WARNING*- Please do not continue reading if you may sensitive to scientific research regarding human decomposition. This post is for informational purposes only, and may be upsetting for some.

This is a very common question many WS members have. As a result, I have done extensive research regarding forensics and human decomposition. It's not pleasant to think about. :( Especially when a child is involved.

There are five stages of decomposition. You can read about them here:

Perhaps the most significant factor in the rate of decomposition is temperature and environment. [...] colder temperatures will slow the process down and, if cold enough, stop it altogether. You can read additional information here:

There are literally thousands of articles and photos (again; not pleasant) available if you care to do additional research using Google. Having said that; I believe one thing in favor of determining cause of death (COD), may be the colder temperatures in CO. This will help in the conviction of the person responsible. Granted there have been days with warmer temperatures. However; if Gannon was placed in area where snow has not melted (treeline/shade), or the temperature has remained cooler, it may have delayed the process. Gosh- I hate even thinking about this. :(

Please forgive me if my post has been upsetting for some to read. Because I have seen more than one question regarding this on the thread(s), I wanted to provide information to those who desire to know.

#Gannon'sArmy #BringGannonHome
@JDough Thank you for sharing this valuable information and for the consideration of your warning. Gannon, his parents and LE already realize this brutal reality, so can we. And there is also the possibility of scavenger activity. Carrion is a powerful attractant. Its winter and the food supply is scarce.

I'd like to believe that she cared enough to at least wrap him in a warm blanket, but its unlikely. TS's sense of self-preservation and disdain outweighs any sense of humanity.

Last edited:
MOO think it worth while to ask all CS property owners to walk their road frontage at the next thawing day.

i was just thinking about whether this had been asked before. we see LE asking people to check out buildings etc in other cases but i’m not sure if this call had been made here ? a lot of the properties searched seem to be vast and rural.

i’m hopeful that most people are aware of this case and have done their due diligence on their own property but i think it’s worth the request by LE as i believe that covid may hinder group search efforts.

It's a resounding YES from me--for the bolded by me. However, I believe it's because she firmly believes "No body, no crime." To believe T recognizes the horror of her repulsive crime, one would see (IMO) emotion. We haven't seen that, except her audaciously twisted attempts at righteous indignation--demanding global apologies (and ESPECIALLY from her husband). I believe her to be more vindictive than you or I could ever fathom.

As in each poster's postulates, I realize you may be correct.
Gannon is my HERO!

The final puzzle piece for me. I have read most of the posts since thread 21 or so.
I have kept an open mind. Every thing that follows, is MOO in entirety. I am no longer unbiased, as in experiments I have set up in the past.
My novel ( maybe, maybe not)
Rough draft. I’m not trying to convince anyone that MY plot is right.
Because it is not my plot, it is a compilation of everyone here. It has glitches, but it is scary how it does fit. MOO
Sumday nite, She has decided to use the runaway story, ruled out abduction and playing w/ friend disappearance. Both involve him possibly spotted on neighbors cameras. Running away needs to work then. She envisions him slipping out the back gate and heading toward Jimmy Jacob Creek The photos I viewed on Google Earth show that area as a nice place to walk a dog. GREEN It is conceivable the family took a walk or two. They could have explored either direction, but the one toward the church is the better choice. He was headed toward his church. She didn’t take him out that way, too visible. She knows that the creek will intersect Peaceful Road, and she remembers the trees and the open areas on that road. She has a plan.
Next morning, she gets the girls off for school. She tells the girls Gannon has diarrhea. Letecia has not used map searches as that could be traced. She knows her phone can be tracked., so she leaves it home.

Gannon is sluggish or drowsy. She uses truck because she knows leased car has GPS( Lets assume truck does not) she has done the search on Gannon’s phone, but she does not word as an 11yr olds. She’s clueless(ie puberty class) she heads toward Peaceful Valley Road.
MOO she knew the sand piles were there, in the back of her mind, but they weren’t exactly what she was hoping for.
BUT She didn’t realize how many houses there are on the road. The further down past Jimmy Creek, the less it fits w/ run away.

She drove down Peaceful somewhat slowly in ALS RED truck looking for the spot where she can leave him as if he ran away and got hurt or exposed to the elements. She sees several possibilities. The further she goes, the less likely, also because there are not as many trees. I did not find fountain ditch sign, but she probably saw it somewhere, even on an old Google map she HAD found, but the ditch isn’t a ditch and not enough trees.
There are also areas of barbed wire fencing and other fencing, she knows any injuries to herself will be suspicious. There are actually several places that would work.!!!!!not just sand piles. Fence boards and wires down.she is impatient, needs to get this done. She’s actually met a vehicle or two. By the time she gets back to Jimmy Creek she realizes how easy it would be to just tuck him back there behind the piles. You need to see this in Google earth street view, to understand this! It is best to maneuver it around for all angles!She is using the handy 2x4/ square hollow pipe for whatever, I prefer not to go there, but it could simply be to push the pile and stage an accident. Nevertheless, she sees a vehicle and she has to make sure there aren’t any of her DNA or Gannon’s on it...she doesn’t have time to do any thing but throw it in truck and get in and drive away. By this time the other vehicles driver could actually have seen her face, maybe not.

Now she goes about her wild goose path, and knows she can use certain shops as an alibi/ reason for dragging a sick boy out. Sale on dog coats? She wants distance between any evidence and Gannon.
Somewhere on that drive she checks her watch and has an oh >€%>€^ moment. She leaves it in the store where she buys dog supplies.
She drives around Noe Road and slings the post thinggie out, and possibly other evidence then SEES a VEHICLE APPROACH! By now she is a little paranoid.
But she still has to go back for her watch and she thinks that car is following her. She was looking outside for that car/driver. Aha!Maybe it was the owner of the property pulling out of their driveway, watching her sling her trash on their property.
On the way back, She may or may not have had time to drive by or check on Gannon, but she does need to be home for the girls. MOO I think somebody saw her and called in a tip. Noe Road
Then LE had a reason to check that area for cameras and truck being spotted.

She is there for the girls. Gannon is still sick? She is going over everything she did and realizes that her runaway accident was not as staged as she had planned. So she gets wishy washy on which story is going to work. (Reverts to her options?)She needs to make sure, and no way is she taking ALs truck, thus the rental. I think it did snow that night. Gannon may or may not have been alive that next morning. I tend to think not. I doubt she moved him either, but she may have just covered him completely. Still getting some evidence of his death on her and then the rental. Loccards principle. Only needed car for short time(?)back up stories?
There are holes in this, but I would like to consider it an almost finished novel. Read it and edit to fit your theories, overall this is a very SIMPLE puzzle.
A lot of her lies start w/ using the easy way/ dirt piles, that’s when it unravels. We have thought her stupid and lucky,
I think she’s actually smart(alittle) and terribly unlucky. I actually think I could take the px of 2x4/thinggie and emailed to sheriff , they would tape it to the evidence bag. MOO Not that I am EVER, EVER, EVER, no, NEVER going to DO that again..... and please do not laugh at me, because you should be able to SEE some of the puzzle pieces we all put in, some of them a little skewed, per LeticiaMOO

Last edited:
I might be the only mom who thinks this way but I would not want her having anything wholesome, joyful, good, loving and pleasant to look at, and the prime example of this would be pictures of my son.
ETA: IMO an idea such as this would have to have his moms blessing.
My first thought when I remembered she could receive mail. Within the rules or it will be culled and she won't receive it. There's rules on the size of paper, down to no liquid, powder, smears, or smudges.

Where's Gannon?

ETA: If she's on suicide watch or in Solitary, her mail MAY be being held.

MOO any focus on the day before by LS is strange.

If the reality was that the he didn't return at dark, (street lights going on?) as he was supposed to, even if he left mad, life would go from "He needs to learn to communicate if he is late."
To full blown panic.
Suddenly it would be all about what cars were around, driving yourself all the streets to and from friends or whatever store the kids go to, calling friends parents, and Mainly driving the streets and calling everyone. Then calling the police.

For an 11 year old I think panic would set in about 15 minutes after the time he was expected. Because no matter what unless, he was always late something is wrong.

Parents fear the child going and not coming back at a low level all the time. They know bad things happen and no matter if it is a happy or tragic outcome, it all starts the same, the child isn't where they are supposed to be.
@Boxer And you speak from the viewpoint of a warm-hearted, loving, decent and sane human being. Truly understanding a person like TS requires a void of those attributes MOO.

Even though TS was not Gannon's biological mother, he was her husband's son. She cared for and lived with him for several years. Yet she showed no sense of panic. If any of us were caring for someone else's child and they went missing, we'd be in a state of panic. Not TS, she just wants an apology for all of the terrible things said about her.

I totally agree. LS willfully and knowingly murdered Gannon.

They had dogs. This murderer would likely be familiar with dog parks and/or places near dog parks and/or places related to dogs.

3 kids, 3 dogs. 1 dog and 1 child are unaccounted for.

Coincidence? MOO: Data Mining says not.

@Feistyomi use R and follow the Enron scandal tutorials. They did a BagOfWords analysis to reveal the ruse. Might help you unravel TS verbal headspace with "adequate social distancing." Hehe.

Note for all: if you call your console output in as a tip, you MUST provide your code, data sources, algs used, and any treatment done to the data. Good data science, like RD's video, can be an impartial witness if LE can reproduce your results and the defense can cross examine the results. That's what you want to provide to LE...an impartial witness that can speak for itself, not "MOO." The easiest way to tell the difference between impartial witness and MOO is to ask yourself "do I need to be on the witnesses stand, or can my data analysis speak for itself, after the appropriate FBI (agent already on the witness list) agent pushes run/play?" Hope that helps. Happy Mining to all!

@imstilla.grandma try using R and the xgboost alg for the dataset you posted earlier. Please use the mushroom dataset tutorial to guide you.

Your's is a binary classification problem, for question you want answered, regarding similarly between pink entries and GS case.

Hopefully xgboost can help you see the patterns a little easier. IIRC, this alg can impute missing data better than a NN. The feature might have a pkg dependency, but I can't recall what other package you need for actually calling the alg though. Should be listed in the mushroom dataset tutorial, I think. Might be in MissMDA pkg, but I'm definitely guessing on that one...lol.

#useR!

i was just thinking about whether this had been asked before. we see LE asking people to check out buildings etc in other cases but i’m not sure if this call had been made here ? a lot of the properties searched seem to be vast and rural.

i’m hopeful that most people are aware of this case and have done their due diligence on their own property but i think it’s worth the request by LE as i believe that covid may hinder group search efforts.
I agree.
I thought about this last night also, wondering if each property owner have scoped out and walked and searched their land.
I hope LE will request this if they haven't already
I haven't seen anything in any media about them asking but then again, I don't live there.
Praying they have or will do so and praying that each property owner will take it upon themselves to search.
#Gannonismyhero

I agree.
I thought about this last night also, wondering if each property owner have scoped out and walked and searched their land.
I hope LE will request this if they haven't already
I haven't seen anything in any media about them asking but then again, I don't live there.
Praying they have or will do so and praying that each property owner will take it upon themselves to search.
#Gannonismyhero

Authorities say Gannon Stauch 'missing and endangered' after days gone - KRDO

SABBM:

"There are no words to express the family's appreciation and gratitude for the efforts of everyone involved in searching for Gannon," said Jacqueline Kirby with the Sheriff's Office in a statement.

The Sheriff's Office is reminding residents of the Lorson Ranch area -- where Gannon was last seen -- to check for areas on their property where a child might hide. Those include yards, window wells, outbuildings and culverts.

LE's definitely asked property owners to check their private properties, so they've covered their bases well as far as enlisting the help of the public on that front.

The language in this early statement is interesting as it asked people to check areas "where a child might hide."

Obviously, that was back before they wanted to tip TS off to the fact that what they really wanted people to check out was areas "where a child might be hidden."

It probably wouldn't hurt for LE to continue making periodic appeals to the public that they inspect their properties, especially as Spring has now sprung and people will likely begin spending more time outdoors.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members