Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue with killing him Sunday night was the presence of the girls. And she probably thought the evidence of abuse could be explained away or cleaned up, but murder would be better at a different location without witnesses. Everything we’ve learned points to that really being him on Monday morning leaving after the girls went to work/school. The full videos likely show the sisters departing before 10am. Logically it also makes sense. Abuse beyond redemption or explanation on Sunday night/cold calculated murder Monday. Calling school, calling nurse, driving away far from home on dubious errands with a “sick” child.

All good points. She was seething that whole weekend. Took his kids on a hike and sent pics to AS and I bet he didn't respond, or not the way she wanted. Their marriage was crumbling. I can't wait to see the texts in evidence between TS and AS that weekend.

Whatever stupid **it happened, I do believe as most that she overreacted and may have harmed him in some way, but NOT critically. I believe the catalyst for her murdering him was the impending breakup of the marriage. She wasn't getting the attention she deserved and AS wasn't being swayed by the happy family pictures from that weekend. This was building.

I said the exact same a couple days ago, I think she went with overkill to look like some psycho killer did it, of course a sweet loving step mother would never do all those horrible things. Just ask Elisa Baker. For those of you who aren’t familiar with that case, look up Zahra Baker. That precious angel was beyond tortured/murdered by Elisa (her Evil Step Monster). In my opinion, that is one the worst cases of step parent abuse ever.
I think she went with overkill because she’s a psycho killer.

This is someone, in my view anyway, who was going to commit a murder at some point, whether or not she ever crossed paths with AS.
Agreed.
I thought about TS' remark about Gannon's dna or blood found in various places on that property...
What if he ran to the gate as she was hitting or cutting him ?
Trying to escape ?
And she knows his fingerprints, etc. would be on that gate latch ? :(
I do think a scenario of him trying to get away from her in or via the garage is plausible. At what point I don’t know. Depending on what and how much happened Sunday night, or hadn’t yet happened, it could have been Monday morning. Despite the question about whether or not he had a bleeding injury Sunday night, I don’t know how she could have managed what’s now being called a “stabbing”, with other people in the home, and a wounded victim in severe pain.

I believe the firearm was the murder weapon, so I don’t see her needing a sharp instrument once she left the house with him, planning to shoot him. I really wonder if some of her assault continued that morning after the other two minors left, in addition to injury to him the previous night. I would want to escape someone who’d already hurt me and was acting crazy and wanting me out the door and into my dad’s truck.

Her mission upon Sunday night’s event was to kill him. She had presumably gone way too far already. Any resistance from Gannon, or attempt to get away from her would have resulted in more violence. We really don’t know if what RD saw was a result of what happened just on Sunday night. I hope there is damning audio, whatever it may be, for LE to have more evidence of the greater story of that morning.

The "tapes" are not physical. They are uploaded to an external site and I'm sure that LE would be able to get a copy of an unaltered version. IMO

Edited to add: Newcloud is on the witness list and this might possibly where the video is uploaded to. So they will have their expert there to verify it's authenticity, time, date, etc. Info goes from the camera to the cloud, so RD would not be needed. IMO
And maybe that’s why they don’t need RD IMO - I stopped my ring camera video service but my understanding is that’s it was stored in the cloud ?jmo

During her phone interview at 45:35 LS say's

I refuse to go look at a ditch or a pond.

Not because I’m being insensitive, I just can’t take my heart to go do that.

And everybody’s like “search search search.” Where do I search?

I found that pretty errie

I think you're very close. I think they found the wood in their search and that one of the boards we can see in the garage (for oil containment, on the floor) was missing. I think whatever happened Sunday night happened partly in the garage and partly in the living room. Gannon then runs to the basement, injured.

I think AS started noticing missing things the instant he arrived home. LE would have already noticed hooks in the garage where things seemed to be missing, but AS had the task of going around the whole house, reconstructing things. Ghastly. AS was probably there to see luminol results as well. He was asked a lot of hard questions about his wife.

I think Dan May and crew stopped by because they couldn't believe what they were hearing. All kinds of crime evidence in the house, plus missing weapon(s), suitcase, duffle bag, and woodworking tools. Blood in a bunch of places, including footprint tracks. Items moved around/replaced. I wonder if AS was there that day.

If LS went on a rampage starting, say, in the garage, the DA wanted to see how that unfolded in the house. If they really did leave their security system on an "at home" setting, DDA gets to match that up with what they saw. It must be difficult thinking about where to start, with the juryDBM

Yes, all those agents and offices were on the list beforehand. It appears law enforcement knew her route, and may have suspected that she dumped him along the way.

My guess is her cell phone was tracked, and her purchase records left a trail. I imagine those agents were needed to pull video from anywhere she stopped (gas, good, etc).

I bet she used a burner on trip /escape to FL/ SC. LE probably still had her phone. No one would be that stupid to keep location services on, or even a known cell phone on when fleeing the state to dispose of a dead body.

The stabbing part is what completely changed my view on this. I was initially leaning towards her accidently hurting him out of some kind of overkill rage snapping in the moment type thing, then panicking and "getting rid of him" to save her own *advertiser censored*. But when i heard about stabbing that completely through me off, shooting somebody and killing them quickly possibly instantly is one thing, stabbing is something somebody is more likely to do when there is some kind of evil sick hate filled intent. stabbing somebody while they are alive is one of the most inhumane way's to go about it, not that any other way is good don't get me wrong but shooting somebody point blank to try and cause no pain and make it instant is one thing, stabbing them on the other hand screams physco.

Your post here led me to a thought.

What if a scuffle broke out, where Gannon was fighting for his life, and LS pulled a knife and stabbed him, but it didn't kill him. THEN she goes for the rifle/shotgun and kills him.

UGH.

I think she went with overkill because she’s a psycho killer.

This is someone, in my view anyway, who was going to commit a murder at some point, whether or not she ever crossed paths with AS.

I do think a scenario of him trying to get away from her in or via the garage is plausible. At what point I don’t know. Depending on what and how much happened Sunday night, or hadn’t yet happened, it could have been Monday morning. Despite the question about whether or not he had a bleeding injury Sunday night, I don’t know how she could have managed what’s now being called a “stabbing”, with other people in the home, and a wounded victim in severe pain.

I believe the firearm was the murder weapon, so I don’t see her needing a sharp instrument once she left the house with him, planning to shoot him. I really wonder if some of her assault continued that morning after the other two minors left, in addition to injury to him the previous night. I would want to escape someone who’d already hurt me and was acting crazy and wanting me out the door and into my dad’s truck.

Her mission upon Sunday night’s event was to kill him. She had presumably gone way too far already. Any resistance from Gannon, or attempt to get away from her would have resulted in more violence. We really don’t know if what RD saw was a result of what happened just on Sunday night. I hope there is damning audio, whatever it may be, for LE to have more evidence of the greater story of that morning.
bbm
Agreed, hope there is more audio.
There might be... TS loves to hear herself talk.
"T-splaining" even more.

I will not listen to any more than I have already . :(
But the investigators and jury most likely will.
I'm sorry for those who have to deal with more of this monster's chit.

The answer to your first question is yes. Sorry, I can't answer the next two.

My point is that the video that we all have seen is not normally admissible as evidence without testimony from it's editor / creator, and he is not listed as a potential testifier. LE has given no assurance publicly that the tape has any value other beyond incidental evidence. My own opinion is that the video is interesting as a point of discussion, but it is not all-important to LE's case against LS. IMO

Can you provide an MSM link or reference in support of your statement below, Dave F?
"RD told news people that he sped up and slowed down portions of the tape, trying to catch detail; and it is obvious to anyone that sees the tape that it is spliced, with lengthy gaps of time deleted."
I understand what you are now saying your point is, but this one sentence in your original post is misleading. JMO

I bet she used a burner on trip /escape to FL/ SC. LE probably still had her phone. No one would be that stupid to keep location services on, or even a known cell phone on when fleeing the state to dispose of a dead body.
I wouldn’t put anything past her.

If she did travel with others, then there will be no shortage of phones with which to gather data.

If she did have a burner, law enforcement could determine her number and gather that data (if she contacted anyone while using that phone).

So either way.

I’m starting to think this was planned out like some of you. If she hurt him in a fit of rage, even if she was scared of being found out and absurdly decided to kill him, I just don’t see how she could’ve stabbed him vs solely shooting him. To me, stabbing is much more personal and shows her hatred for precious Gannon. I doubt she initially stabbed him since his sisters were in the house.

When I read recent articles I think of Gannon’s parents in particular and think it must feel like they lost him all over again. For them to know that weapons were used on his precious little body...heart wrenching. I couldn’t hate LS more if I wanted to. Justice will never come close to matching his family’s pain. It’s something at least though. If I, a stranger, wake up in the middle of the night thinking of him I can’t even imagine the pain his parents are dealing with.

I thought he was saying he could rewind, fast-forward, watch it at fast speed, or slowed down, etc... not that he released a video that was altered. In fact, I thought he was comparing his ability to slow it down, compared to how the released video was more whole and we might not see things he saw.
RD said: “I watched the video. I could slow it down, speed it up. I know he didn`t come home with her. I knew something-- she done something with him or to him."
Neighbor with video evidence reacts to Gannon Stauch's stepmom's arrest

I think there are several reasons for the confusion.

1. The video we've seen is blurry and has no sound so clearly something has been done to what we've seen.

2. RD has talked alot in interviews about speeding it up and slowing it down. I agree he meant at his home but.. see #3

3. We don't really know where the released video came from. RD denies releasing it himself:

"Nobody offered me any money. I didn’t release the tapes. News media released it. They were told not to but they released it."

‘He could barely walk’: Gannon Stauch neighbor confirms security footage dates after stepmother’s murder arrest [EXCLUSIVE UPDATE]

That explanation doesn't make sense to me. How did the news media get it? (RD has admitted he showed it to reporters. Was it recorded by reporters surreptitiously? If so, what speed was it when they recorded it?)

Some have suggested the release was all a set-up by LE to rattle TS. I don't buy that. LE said publicly releasing the video could damage the case. LE convinced one outlet not to run it. If it was a set-up I think it would have been done more smoothly without favoritism re: outlets. And without having RD talk about it, interpret what he saw, repeat what AS reportedly said....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot