Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
I know, right ?
Agreed 100 %.
Ditto for your comment about the wine... bottle. :D

Can't wait to see what they already had to nail the despicable witch with a "B" ... now with this murdered boy's body being found they have more answers.
So charges will most likely be upgraded.
Good.

Makes one wonder who raised step monster and why she turned out the way she did ?
Maybe just a 'bad seed' from childhood--- but her relatives enabled her ?
Feeling gleeful that she's locked up and no more children will be murdered by this unspeakable garbage.
"Yay" a thousand times over !

It's just that the public will be safer if she dies in prison.
There's no redeeming and no forgiveness for perps who slaughter innocents.
And no "rehabilitation program" that will enable them to be released one day, and teaching/caring for children.
The very thought is horrifying.

If it weren't for this scary virus... we could get together and celebrate the capture of the monster.

Again thankful Gannon was found !
They know what she did to him. :mad:

At least consider gin and tonic in these virus ridden times.

(Just trying to be helpful).

And of course there's no rehab even for moderate Antisocial types (or severe Borderlines).

I do think there are genetic components to this kind of person, but yes, upbringing was crucial. For one thing, the only thing that Antisocials seem to understand is...being caught and punished. They don't like it. It needs to start right around the time that other kids are learning the complexities of right from wrong (most kids readily understand why they shouldn't physically hurt others, they know what pain is; some kids need a bit of help).

No. Follow the witness list and it create a route. I travel that route when I go to Dallas.

That you, Pink, for clearing that up. I don't know where I got the idea it was an FBI generated map. I hope everyone will see your comment and forget my comment. Whoever did put that together is really clever. WS worthy, for sure.

That you, Pink, for clearing that up. I don't know where I got the idea it was an FBI generated map. I hope everyone will see your comment and forget my comment. Whoever did put that together is really clever. WS worthy, for sure.
No pressure here, ask away as this case moves [/FORWARD]

Last edited:
Until I know for sure, I won't believe AS made any contact with TS without first consulting LE. No way. AS appears to be a regimented military man and would not defy LE's instructions nor do anything to compromise the case. At least that is my impression of AS. And based on my own experience in LE, they are structured para military.

Just more of TS obstructing justice.

Totally. Maybe I didn't state it correctly... I'm picturing them standing there facilitating/orchestrating the call between the two. Basically, giving t the rope to hang herself with.

I agree completely that I think AS has been a model of cooperation for LE. I personally don't have the kids of restraint not self control that I've seen Al and Landen exhibit through this nightmare.

@pepper 34, check out the witness list, it’s a Bonnie and Clyde Highway map, movement by LS self.

I thought he was saying he could rewind, fast-forward, watch it at fast speed, or slowed down, etc... not that he released a video that was altered. In fact, I thought he was comparing his ability to slow it down, compared to how the released video was more whole and we might not see things he saw.
RD said: “I watched the video. I could slow it down, speed it up. I know he didn`t come home with her. I knew something-- she done something with him or to him."
Neighbor with video evidence reacts to Gannon Stauch's stepmom's arrest

Why do you think it was altered? Or that he "released" it? It seems to me that the video is at standard speed. "Releasing" it at any other speed isn't exactly easy. Viewing software enables one to slow it down or speed it up (I slowed it way down on my editing software at work).

We saw what he saw and we can slow it up or speed it as we wish (get a good copy if you can). He did have higher resolution, obviously, but that doesn't change the substance of the recording. These recordings are used in law enforcement all the time, they are designed for that use.

If I was a washed-up piece of trash, and my husband was potentially leaving me, and I had no real income or morals, and looked like Lizzie Borden, I'd probably try out of desperation to make one of the kid's sick, so I could "rescue" them and drive my husband home to witness what an amazing woman I was.

Can't wait to see the tox report. I really think she tried first to be the savior. Remember the "I want to thank my husband" speech...she wanted to hold on to him and Gannon was a prop. When he wasn't "bad enough" Monday morning to forget the Sunday mayhem, she was force to "disappear" him for attention. Possible same great cuddle time, in her mind.

The only part edited out of the footage appears to be the time she was gone, after she leaves and before she comes back, It makes sense to delete these parts for media footage as they don't have time to show the entire clip, The important parts are all shown and LE no doubt has the original unedited footage.

Ah - an excellent hypothesis! Explains why she would have chosen those clothes as the ones he was wearing when she last saw him. Of course she would have to get rid of them if they had his blood on them and of course she'd have to explain where they were if she destroyed them.
If you search for "neighbor Roderrick Drayton: I viewed 100+ video clips" (9 min) you can see some info on his clothes that I can't get into here. JMO

I think there are several reasons for the confusion.

1. The video we've seen is blurry and has no sound so clearly something has been done to what we've seen.

2. RD has talked alot in interviews about speeding it up and slowing it down. I agree he meant at his home but.. see #3

3. We don't really know where the released video came from. RD denies releasing it himself:

"Nobody offered me any money. I didn’t release the tapes. News media released it. They were told not to but they released it."

‘He could barely walk’: Gannon Stauch neighbor confirms security footage dates after stepmother’s murder arrest [EXCLUSIVE UPDATE]

That explanation doesn't make sense to me. How did the news media get it? (RD has admitted he showed it to reporters. Was it recorded by reporters surreptitiously? If so, what speed was it when they recorded it?)

Some have suggested the release was all a set-up by LE to rattle TS. I don't buy that. LE said publicly releasing the video could damage the case. LE convinced one outlet not to run it. If it was a set-up I think it would have been done more smoothly without favoritism re: outlets. And without having RD talk about it, interpret what he saw, repeat what AS reportedly said....

Just fwiw I am in the camp that the release of what we saw was indeed orchestrated by LE. I think that the portion of video/videos that really cracked the case has not been released. I think there is something sinister and undeniable in a longer/different version than what we have seen this far.

I think LE knew that t had the propensity to try and defend herself and the pressure might make her slip, or just continue with the word vomit.

Just sharing why I think that way.

I wonder if she faced the officers when they arrived or just turned and gave them the back-of head-style interview.

Edit to remove most of my comment. I just felt like mocking LS because that's all I can do. The level of hate I'm feeling is very unsettling. I hate what she's done and I hate how many people are hurting because of it. I'm angry mostly for Gannon and his family... which is why I removed my hateful rant.

I am several pages behind as usual, but this! The level of rage and hate I have inside me is very unsettling and toxic feeling. I hate feeling like this, especially right now with all the other crisis’ going on. I would like to get rid of my rage and anger towards her, so I can move on in peace.

Anyone have any tips or outlets they can share? To de-stress I currently exercise, go for a walk, and wine. (guess which one is the most fun?!)

Somedays it just doesn’t seem enough to rid one’s self of the toxicity and evil in the world.

I’m starting to think this was planned out like some of you. If she hurt him in a fit of rage, even if she was scared of being found out and absurdly decided to kill him, I just don’t see how she could’ve stabbed him vs solely shooting him. To me, stabbing is much more personal and shows her hatred for precious Gannon. I doubt she initially stabbed him since his sisters were in the house.

When I read recent articles I think of Gannon’s parents in particular and think it must feel like they lost him all over again. For them to know that weapons were used on his precious little body...heart wrenching. I couldn’t hate LS more if I wanted to. Justice will never come close to matching his family’s pain. It’s something at least though. If I, a stranger, wake up in the middle of the night thinking of him I can’t even imagine the pain his parents are dealing with.

I think she is prone to crazy rages. A lot of you don't remember much about child rearing practices before extensive CPS and LE involvement and laws prohibiting physical harm to children, but for some of us (LS's mother's age and older), we're well aware that things were different.

In the story of my relative who I believe is similar to LS (my aunt Frieda), Frieda routinely threatened mutilation and mayhem to kids and everyone else. It was noted by relatives that Frieda was fine with infants, but after around age 6-7, she was increasingly abusive. She threatened to do lots of things (put nails through people's hands for example) but only did a fraction of those things. She also did things like starve kids (and others) and then offer them food that was poisoned or otherwise inedible (putting laxatives in food was funny to her - she always said she had a great sense of humor).

I think LS was like that. I think she threatened the kids with mayhem regularly (and I bet her threats were very "creative"). I think she acted on threats on Sunday night. She used something sharp on him. Something from the garage, a saw or planer or putty knife or similar. Maybe a box cutter. Something that came from the garage. She went too far. Not only that, but his injuries would have put her in jail. These kinds of people don't "spank," they gouge and slice and threaten more of the same. For whatever reason, she finally lost control (my theory: her marriage was on the rocks, threats or fear of abandonment send people like LS into a semi-psychotic or psychotic state, if you've never seen it, it's terrifying).

She didn't stab him a bunch of times and then shoot him because he wasn't dead. She cut him, he bled all over, she saw her own dilemma, she decided to get rid of him. She may have hit him with the 2x4 so that he'd stop crying Sunday night. She may have hit again with it, after leaving the house, because she took it to dispose of it and it was handy.

In one case of a similar woman, she made a space under the floor boards and stuck her not-favorite kid (her son) in there and the family would eat dinner above him, while he starved (not knowing he was there, asking where he was, told multiple lies about where he was) and she told him he'd never eat again if he made a peep. Yep. And that man went on to become an M.D. and a psychiatrist. He had scars from her abuse. He's now 64 years old. He did in fact run away from home...

I am several pages behind as usual, but this! The level of rage and hate I have inside me is very unsettling and toxic feeling. I hate feeling like this, especially right now with all the other crisis’ going on. I would like to get rid of my rage and anger towards her, so I can move on in peace.

Anyone have any tips or outlets they can share? To de-stress I currently exercise, go for a walk, and wine. (guess which one is the most fun?!)

Somedays it just doesn’t seem enough to rid one’s self of the toxicity and evil in the world.
Do something good for yourself, loved one, community. I find community based giving the most therapeutic. For me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member