Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I'm stuck on isn't if this was an odd request or should vinegar raise suspicion, because who knows for any given family. But fast forward a day - GS is missing, people are asking "anything odd stand out on Monday?" She delivered those items to her mom, who had sent her straight away from the home when she arrived home from work. LS had to have used those supplies basically right away when HH delivered them. Then shuffling LS around town, picking her up while she ditches her car at places. That's what's odd about not cooperating with an interview. Taken separately none of it is weird. Taken with the fact that your step brother just went missing and your mom is cleaning his room with vinegar solutions and being flighty all around town should be noteworthy details to pass onto investigators. And this wasn't some random missing person like her mom's druggie boyfriend or some tinder date. It was a kid she knew well, lived with, shared a family with. And even as recently as mid-Feb she's still relaying on dubious info with the pregnancy stuff - well after fleeing from CO and all the news and stories on the Internet, according to the AA still not cooperating to fill in details after thinking it over a couple weeks.

She should have talked to LE, IMO. I was hoping she was separated from TS and was cooperating in some way, but the AA clears that up.
I 100% agree with this! I think knows or suspects. How could she not. I also feel strongly that HH probably learned a long time ago not to cross her mother. She has had a lifetime to see her behaviors. At some point in her life she's had to experience looking at LS from a victims perspective. If I'm right she fears going against LS. She most likely has seen many sides of this beast through the years. Many women and children cover for abusers even sometimes in a court of law. I'm not excusing her at all. I just wanted to throw some plausible reasons as to why she might not cooperate. There are other reasons too but we cant go there unless LE does

I think she was more worried about the smell than anything.

I’m still trying to figure out how one lights a carpet on fire, accidentally or otherwise.

Regardless, I don’t see it putting off thick smoke or anything that would cause lung damage via inhalation.

When we first heard the candle story, I pictured an accident, an energetic boy playing around and knocking over a candle. A) because that’s what would (and has) happened in my home, and B) as owners of rental property for many years, this must happen to others as well, as we’ve replaced a lot of carpeting due to candle wax spills.

But now, as I thought about your question, I realize that never did our carpet catch on fire, and there was never evidence of a fire at any rental property. When a candle is spilled, the flame is put out by the liquid wax.

Obviously something happened that damaged not only a carpet, but a sofa as well, as evidenced by her google searches. Something that also injured Gannon, if we are to believe a hint of truth is included in her story. I’m not sure I want to know what the real story is and what she did to him...because previously I thought he may have been burned accidentally. If he was burned, I no longer believe it was an accident.

I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that being asked to buy a jug of vinegar wouldn't raise alarm bells in the Stauch home.

The AA says there was an empty gallon jug of vinegar found. And AS said he thought it had been 1/2 full when he left on Sat. Unbeknownst to him of course more had been bought but apparently he thought buying vinegar by the gallon was not unusual. Some people do use it alot for normal cleaning, especially glass.
JMO
Yes we use it a lot for normal cleaning...but I usually only buy a gallon every 7-8 months, since we cut it with water and alcohol.

Having read the AA, I think Gannon DID return home and was killed in his bed on Monday.

Something happened on Sunday; but nothing that would leave blood in the truck (even with Gannon riding in it for hours). Maybe she punched him Sunday night — when she “just freaked out” — and he developed a visible black eye, or a head bump... something nobody could find out about.

She made sure he was hidden away from his sister in the am because he had visible (non-bloody) injuries.

Maybe she purposely left her phone at home, heavily drugged Gannon, then drove around waiting for him to die of overdose. Used that time to scope out a dump site.

But she misjudged the dosage... time was passing and he was still alive hours later as she looked anxiously out the window at Petco. With his injuries, he HAD to be out of sight before L got home, and she couldn’t do it anywhere that might have cameras or witnesses. If she was going to do it violently, she wanted privacy. At this point her “neat” plan had to be abandoned and things got messy. Kinda like when she changed to the rape story. Or moved the body 1400 miles away from its initial dump site. Her “plan B”s are not nearly as well thought out as her initial plans... chaotic, in fact.

So she brought him home, laid him in his bed still drugged (I hope), and bludgeoned or stabbed him there. JMO

RIP Gannon.
YES!!! Absolutely agree with all of this! Something was amiss by Monday morning!

bbm
Typical response of a sociopathic blamer. When caught in a lie, they respond by blaming the victim. The catch word is because (he, she, you, they). In this case, her lies were AS's fault.

This defense mechanism protects them realizing themselves to be a liar, at fault, or wrong. This mechanism is automatic and the reason they won't feel remorse.

Her incarceration is because of Gannon, LH or AS and LE (they are chasing her as opposed to investigating a disappearance) or all of the above. Blaming will protect her from realizing herself to be a cold-hearted killer, while solidifying her belief that she is a victim and feeding her anger.
Interesting o_O perspective on LS’s behavior. I believe you’re 100% correct!

As per the AA, She searched for fixing a suede couch. Did she get his blood on it? Did she end up cleaning it in a way that did not test positive for luminol? Was this where the whole incident/violence/video started?
Also as per the AA, a teal couch pillow showed signs of blood, was this pillow overlooked because she focused on cleaning the couch?
Moo

LE probably knew he was dead when she told them “the rapist asked for a suitcase.”
I agree. And there were “rumors” of a brown suitcase from the gate but we weren’t allowed to mention it here. Now it is mentioned in the AA. I think it’s a safe bet that Gannon’s remains were probably found in a suitcase. TS was constantly presplaining.

I truly think she texted her daughter to pick up items to purposely involve her in the crime. She could have called, but instead chose to text her request... and we know she was all about planting strategic texts.

I am withholding any judgement of HH for now, until this plays out. Her mother may have been threatening to frame her as involved, in order to keep her quiet about other things. Narcissistic sociopaths know no limits.

MOO

This got me thinking, it could also mean that maybe the first method she chose didn't work and because of this she lost it when they got home. Panicked or annoyed that it hadn't worked. It just seems odd to me that the neighbor reported him not looking well when getting into the truck, so lets say that she possibly drugged / poisoned him. She spent a lot of time out and riding around that day and also there was the petco visits which were strange especially with a "poorly" child in the truck. She had all that time in the day yet all the activity surrounding his murder seemed to happen in a short space of time after they got back and she knew the girls would be home soon.

I had not thought about the impact losing her Dad might have. That's a good point. So young to lose both of her parents, that may have been a real fear in her mind.

Another WS'er wrote a great post in the last thread. Generation Z are being raised by "Lawn-Mower" parents. They have no adversity, challenges, disappointments, responsibilities, failures, or problems. Their paths in life are cleared of all that nonsense stuff in advance.
“Lawnmower Parents”, that’s a new one. Googling it right now ;)

I know I'm way behind and this has probably already been discussed, but in the AA, it is stated that they believe GS exited the truck and that the murder happened after the video from RD. So 2 things: 1. RD lied about that being the break they needed and 2. What the h e double hockey sticks happened then?
I was also shocked that LE believed Gannon returned home with TS that afternoon and that the murder took place between 220-330 pm. BUT, after seeing some of the evidence I know why they came to that conclusion. And they obviously have a crime scene. I don’t think RD lied at all. He said in a later interview that LE came back and retrieved his surveillance video footage from Saturday 1/25 to the following Saturday 2/1 and they “know everything she done” in that timeframe. My guess...there was a lot of activity going on, especially with the different vehicles. (Sorry no link. I will look for specific interview)

First, it had to be quite a volume of blood. Think about how if you spilled 16 ounces of water on your mattress - it probably would barely make it to the springs or the floor if the mattress was on the floor. I don't know what kind of mattress they had, but I'd think it would take at least an hour to get through a typical mattress. Maybe longer.

I believe Gannon was killed by a gunshot to the head (from about the doorway or a little closer). Most of his blood ended up in that mattress and LE knew that early on. Somehow, LS managed to hide the blood spatter on the wall and in the mattress from LE's first inspection. She had already split the scene when MCS came back and discovered what had happened. I'm guessing the "saucer sized" pool stain was on the floor, under the carpet, under the mattress - and that each higher level of blood stain was bigger.

I also believe that LE has evidence that the only two people in the house were Gannon and Letecia Stauch.

Her google search results show an upset woman - but not a psychotic one. I want to say "desperately stupid and lonely." If I didn't know what happened after, that's what I'd say.

I think there's more to her search history that will come out at trial. This was just to get her arrested. Kudos to Officer Bethel, btw, for her understated and very convincing report.

I also believe LS had to use the particle board to drag Gannon's body (possibly with rigor setting in) to her car.

That blows the death timeline though and the video. If he's dead by 2:20 and rigor takes a couple hours then? I don't buy the video timeline myself although I can't explain whats wrong with the video. Is it an LE suggestion? Does LE really believe that timeline or are they just conceding that timeline because it makes an easier case and if they dont include the video they have to argue a harder point? It doesnt seem like they made any attempt to confirm it and they arent making any attempts via the witness list to substantiate it. I think he was killed probably right after that 8am photo so right after HH would have went to work and Laina off to school. I realize that a video looks convincing, but things can happen where the server date on videos is off based on personal router settings and how the footage is stored at xfinity. I can't explain it though. If i had an xfinity security system I'd know more about how data is recorded and saved. RD also said "LE has wayyy better video, you can see everything!" and thats not true since they are like well i guess thats gannon. I just think its a different day.

In the text messages Gannon or TS asks "can i play zelda at least?" and the answer is no. Why would he be allowed to take a switch on a car ride that he wasn't allowed to play? I mean plus the video doesnt show him getting into the house and LE doesn't really offer up an explanation. I'd think they could at least say the "ADT log shows the backdoor opening right after TS gets home so we think Gannon was let in the sliding glass door, then murdered". I mean they do say it was opened a bunch of times at 3 when Laina got home, but we can guess Gannon was deceased by then

Now that we know where the particle board was found, do we know if she had any previous ties to that area or had hiked around there or something?

Im trying to figure out if she had any connection to that area.

Maybe it was just a random place she found that looked wooded enough to her.

The AA did mention that LE has yet to find a connection to that area by LS.

That blows the death timeline though and the video. If he's dead by 2:20 and rigor takes a couple hours then? I don't buy the video timeline myself although I can't explain whats wrong with the video. Is it an LE suggestion? Does LE really believe that timeline or are they just conceding that timeline because it makes an easier case and if they dont include the video they have to argue a harder point? It doesnt seem like they made any attempt to confirm it and they arent making any attempts via the witness list to substantiate it. I think he was killed probably right after that 8am photo so right after HH would have went to work and Laina off to school. I realize that a video looks convincing, but things can happen where the server date on videos is off based on personal router settings and how the footage is stored at xfinity. I can't explain it though. If i had an xfinity security system I'd know more about how data is recorded and saved. RD also said "LE has wayyy better video, you can see everything!" and thats not true since they are like well i guess thats gannon. I just think its a different day.

In the text messages Gannon or TS asks "can i play zelda at least?" and the answer is no. Why would he be allowed to take a switch on a car ride that he wasn't allowed to play? I mean plus the video doesnt show him getting into the house and LE doesn't really offer up an explanation. I'd think they could at least say the "ADT log shows the backdoor opening right after TS gets home so we think Gannon was let in the sliding glass door, then murdered". I mean they do say it was opened a bunch of times at 3 when Laina got home, but we can guess Gannon was deceased by then
I think it TS opening the back door frantically dumping buckets of soapy water, etc. from cleaning a crime scene. That’s why she immediately sent LS out to ride her bike. The security system also showed 10 movements in the basement around that time and the average for any given day was 3.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member