Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Published in FLORIDA on March 17, 2020 (breaking news, before proofread)!

A body was found about noon Tuesday in the area of the Escambia River Bridge on Highway 90.

The body was found by Florida Department of Transportation workers about noon on the Santa Rosa County side.

The Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office is investigatin.

“More information will be released as it becomes available,” Sgt. Rich Aloy said. “This is he only information being released at this time.”

Body Found Along Road Near The Escambia River Bridge : NorthEscambia.com

Last edited:
On March 18, 2020, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office was contacted by the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office stating they responded to a call of a deceased juvenile male in Pace, Florida.

EPC Sheriff's Office
Yes, but that was not reported until the 20th. If it was made public that the body was that of a juvenile on the day it was found or on the 18th, I bet someone here would have noticed.

I doubt anyone, including LE, ever thought TS would have moved the body to Florida.

They probably have evidence that she was in the area during the three day period they are asking for witnesses who may have seen her, but don't know exactly when she went there to dump the body.

Published March 17, 2020 (breaking news, before proofread)!

A body was found about noon Tuesday in the area of the Escambia River Bridge on Highway 90.

The body was found by Florida Department of Transportation workers about noon on the Santa Rosa County side.

The Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office is investigatin.

“More information will be released as it becomes available,” Sgt. Rich Aloy said. “This is he only information being released at this time.”

Body Found Along Road Near The Escambia River Bridge : NorthEscambia.com

Here's another FLORIDA report published early March 17, 2020 -- these first reports make no mention of the sex or suitcase.

Santa Rosa investigates body found near Escambia River Bridge

MILTON—The Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office was contacted by the Florida Department of Transportation Tuesday afternoon in reference to a body found near Escambia River Bridge on the Santa Rosa County side.

A road crew was working in that area when the body was located, according to a press release from the Santa Rosa County Sheriff’s Office.

At this time, Sheriff’s Major Crimes and Crime Scene units are on scene working this case.

This is an active investigation.

More information will be released as it becomes available.

Last edited:
Fox21 breaking news tweet was on 3/20:

Lauren Scharf‏Verified account @LaurenScharfTV
BREAKING: On March 18, 2020, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office was contacted by the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office stating they responded to a call of a deceased juvenile male in Pace, Florida... @FOX21News #GannonStauch

ETkkuD2VAAU_tbi.jpg

11:06 AM - 20 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Tweet identifying the body as GS followed minutes later...

Lauren Scharf‏Verified account @LaurenScharfTV
.... An autopsy was performed and the deceased boy has been tentatively identified as #GannonStauch According to the @EPCSheriff

ETklO0DU0AA2RnI.jpg

11:08 AM - 20 Mar 2020 from Colorado Springs, CO

Both of my nephews are just as skinny as gannon was in those photos both at his age and also now as teenagers. My one nephew also eats huge amounts of food. Some kids are just skinny no matter what.

Yes, I know of course many kids are thin. But it can also indicate neglect, or depression or stress, particularly in naturally thin people, who unlike heavy people, can’t eat when they’re stressed.

Last edited:
Yes, I know of course many kids are thin. But it can also indicate neglect, or depression or stress, particularly in naturally thin people, who unlike heavy people, can’t eat when they’re stressed. My 29 year old sister weighs 95 lbs and cannot touch food when stressed out.
I think in this case Gannon was naturally small. His mother implied he had overcome many complications from being born premature.

I don't doubt that TS was abusive towards him, but I suspect it was emotional abuse rather than physical abuse or withholding food to the point of malnourishment.

It certainly did escalate to physical abuse at some point.

You know, I haven't mentioned this before but always thought it.
Gannon's eyes never looked excited when he was smiling. Sweet boy with a sad heart imo.
I have a grandson his age. His eye's always light up when he's smiling. It's a true happiness.
I don't see that in Gannon's eye's.
So, I think there has been a problem for a very long time.
jmo

I think in this case Gannon was naturally small. His mother implied he had overcome many complications from being born premature.

I don't doubt that TS was abusive towards him, but I suspect it was emotional abuse rather than physical abuse or withholding food to the point of malnourishment.

It certainly did escalate to physical abuse at some point.
Emotional abuse, no doubt. I don't think malnourishment tho. I do think there was sporadic physical abuse tho.
Now, this last one, that was a killer. And I think she planned it out, to show others what's she's done for the kids. I think that's why she took the kids on the hike on Sunday and took pics. To show them what she's done that nobody appreciated!
That was her beef imo. She resented taking care of "their" kids! Felt used and discarded except for that use of her.

Gannon's eyes never looked excited when he was smiling. Sweet boy with a sad heart imo.
I have a grandson his age. His eye's always light up when he's smiling. It's a true happiness.
jmo
I do see that excitement and his eyes light up in photos with his mom, LH. Dramatic difference. I think he looks full of fear in other photos -- especially with LS..

jmo

I agree, but I think he looked very happy in the pictures with his mom. IMO he missed him mom terribly and LS couldn't stand it and that's why she took her anger out on him.

Oh I didn't realize that. Thank7s! It makes sense now
Gannon...

If I recall , we/I sleuthers were closing in on findingGannon on Pleasant Valley Road...
almost to the moment, they announced the body discovery/ autopsy results...boy did I feel deflated, but since our goal was to find
Gannon, I got over it...
however, I am still convinced that Gannon may HAVE been there, I am just having trouble w/ the bloody crime scene, video timeline, tying in w/ my rough drafts... maybe next week, I will have another draft ready.
Currently, tho, I am trying to finish all my covid projects, as it looks like things are opening up a bit in SC...
Agree. I was looking at Goldfield Drive next to the Big Johnson Reservior for a place she may have put Gannon for the night before calling 911, then pick up the suitcase with Gannon in it on the way to airport in morning.

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing....LOL!

I think she stuffed her pants with tissue after they ask for her phone, because they'd already taken her car and she figured that she might have to walk back to where she was staying, so she was preparing in case she needed to use the side of the road. JMO :D

hahahahahaha

Sorry in advance if this has been covered in previous threads (I haven't been able to keep up with them all), but how did LS manage to bluff her way into teaching jobs given her past arrests?? Clearly her recent employment history was not all that stable, but she did work in Horry County Schools in S.C. for 5 years. Have there been any media interviews with people who knew her as a teacher?? I can't imagine that she was very effective in the classroom or well-liked. It makes me shudder to think that was responsible for a roomful of chidlren.
BBM
I’ve been asking the same question. Horrifying, isnt it?

Never saw that "juvenile male" report and would seriously doubt those details coming from a road side worker.

Within the first three days...there was discussion of a brown suitcase on SM. How many missing people are found in suitcases...that alone could have pretty well clinched it. And if LE had a clue as to the route being traveled....a done deal.
I remember reading an early report saying male child, as well. Maybe an educated guess based on clothing?

Gannon...

If I recall , we/I sleuthers were closing in on findingGannon on Pleasant Valley Road...
almost to the moment, they announced the body discovery/ autopsy results...boy did I feel deflated, but since our goal was to find
Gannon, I got over it...
however, I am still convinced that Gannon may HAVE been there, I am just having trouble w/ the bloody crime scene, video timeline, tying in w/ my rough drafts... maybe next week, I will have another draft ready.
Currently, tho, I am trying to finish all my covid projects, as it looks like things are opening up a bit in SC...
You did a lot of tedious studying of area maps. It was with the best intentions and I’m sure Gannon’s family would appreciate your efforts and those of everyone who spent hours in the early days looking for him.

RSBM

Seriously, PhoneJockey, no problem at all. Sorry, didn't mean to imply it was. When that info first came out on WS I looked and never found an article where a road worker commented. I did see some quotes attributed to the "supposed" finder on SM. ...I just really don't see a highway worker making that determination. (young juvenile male...etc.) after finding a body w/49 days of decomposition....how would someone even guess 'at "age"?

Well, I don't know about everyone, but even my students can do pretty well at guessing age after one or two weeks of training/thinking about it.

Gannon was clearly not a grown man. He was actually small for his age. Even in death, it would have been obvious that his head to body ratio was not adult, or that his limbs were still quite gracile.

Age is one of the easier things to guess. I'll bet there was still hair, another clue, and probably eyelashes and some skin...

Well, I don't know about everyone, but even my students can do pretty well at guessing age after one or two weeks of training/thinking about it.

Gannon was clearly not a grown man. He was actually small for his age. Even in death, it would have been obvious that his head to body ratio was not adult, or that his limbs were still quite gracile.

Age is one of the easier things to guess. I'll bet there was still hair, another clue, and probably eyelashes and some skin...

@10ofRods -- do you have any theory on how LS was able to transport GS's decaying body cross-country to Florida without others in her caravan detecting that they were transporting a corpse?

I would think you would not need to see anything to know something unusual as his body was only 5-7 days old during that time we think he was transported. Did she use something when she packed GS inside the suitcase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot