Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE READ:

Members may discuss the DWAP youtube phone interview with TS but may not comment on either DWAP himself or the interviewer. Only discuss what TS said in that phone interview. TS mentioned Petco in this phone interview so members may now discuss and speculate re Petco as it relates to what she says in the phone call, but not what may be floating around in social media rumor-land.

Stick to MSM or WS approved sources (i.e. no social media or random youtube videos). If in doubt, check with a Mod or Admin before posting so we can avoid unreliable sources and misinformation.

Crime Online with WS member Leigh Egan is an approved source at WS; True Crime society is not.

No bickering, rudeness or personalizing, no name calling or ridiculing other members for their opinion.

Nicknames or derogatory name changes of any of the major case players is not allowed.

WS does not condone or allow advocating violence of any kind against anyone and such posts will be removed.

Soliciting or discussing private messaging is not allowed. If you want to converse with another member privately, just do it without mentioning it on the thread.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO SPECULATE WHETHER OR NOT LETECIA HAD HELP DRIVING TO FLORIDA DO NOT NAME THE PERSON. USE INITIALS ONLY. DO NOT ACCUSE THE PERSON OF A CRIME. IF ALL THIS IS TRUE AND LETECIA IS GUILTY IT IS LIKELY SHE HAD HELP BUT THEN AGAIN MAYBE NOT.

PLEASE DO NOT ACCUSE ANYONE OF A CRIME. USE INITIALS ONLY.

REMEMBER YOUR WORDS HAVE POWER! THEY WILL STAY HERE FOREVER. THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

Thanks,
Tricia

Agreed you can absolutely have that opinion, I’m just not sure we can discuss it here since HH has not been named a poi. Jmo

Normally WS does not allow discussion of minors. In this case however Tricia did say that members could speculate on whether someone helped or was somehow involved in having Gannon's body transported to Florida as long as they are referred to with INITIALS ONLY.

We are walking a fine line here. The fact that a judicial document has stated that HH is not cooperating is certainly relevant. You can speculate based on what is contained in the AA, but you may NOT insinuate that she is involved in the crime and you may not make direct accusations against her. (IOW, lots of "what ifs", "could it be that" "perhaps" etc, etc) . Just DO NOT accuse her of knowingly committing a crime.

For instance, maybe she did absolutely nothing wrong and is just not cooperating because she doesn't want to be responsible for her mother going to jail, or perhaps she is afraid upsetting her mother.

Morning all justice for Gannon. I’ve been thinking the still pictures that were shown before the video was released .the stills we saw were dark I wonder if that’s from Monday night early Tuesday morning of her putting suitcase in vehicle and leaving to put gannon somewhere and then get the rental. I wonder if the video since he said it picks up sound if he overheard her talking to or telling someone and asking for help. The amount that woman yaps makes me think she couldn’t keep her lying yap shut just my opinion

That's what I gathered, too.

I also gathered that the friendship became somewhat strained when LH discovered that AS was boinking LH.

Probably didn't help the marriage much, either.

JMO.

I’m guessing that it’s LS who was the scandalous, friendship-imperiling boinkee here. Though the original wording has distinct comedic potential.

Maybe she hit him in the head or abdomen with a big glass candle jar. We may never know what happened Sunday night for sure, unless there was an eyewitness like one of the other kids, since discovery of the body didn’t happen til much later.
bbm

Yep.
Someone may have 'talked' by now.... but I'm going with the AA that explained that someone was not cooperating.

So that leaves investigators having to piece this together from the evidence they were able to collect.
The fact that they had enough to charge LS w/murder in the first tells me they might have evidence we haven't seen yet.

Does anyone know is LS is allowed visitors?
I think because of Covid-19 only her defense team would be allowed in person right now.
I see that the divorce hearing is still on the docket for this Thursday April 30.

• Jail “in person” visitation programs shut down except for preapproved professional.
EPSO COVID-19 Information

I'm just wondering, if the body was in a suitcase how did the bloody sock get out? LS stated that AS told her particle board and a bloody sock was found which she said that they must have blown out from the back of their truck.

Does anyone know is LS is allowed visitors?
Good question !

I'd like to listen in esp. if the 'visitors' are anyone in the group who were helping her hustle away from CO even as Gannon was still "missing" !

It would be interesting if LS 'thanks' anyone, or has further instructions for them; as she's now incarcerated, like: Hey, throw this item away ; Oh -- and don't talk about who I spoke with, in FL.

And I'm wondering if her family/friends are supporting her ?

I'm just wondering, if the body was in a suitcase how did the bloody sock get out? LS stated that AS told her particle board and a bloody sock was found which she said that they must have blown out from the back of their truck.
The sock wasn’t mentioned in the AA, and according to what TS told Crime Online, the board was bloody, not the sock.

So either the sock doesn’t exist, or it couldn’t be matched to Gannon.

Stauch added that her husband told her that Gannon’s sock and a bloody 2×4 board were found in the woods near Douglas County.

Stauch explained that her family frequently loaded up boards they didn’t need from their garage into the pickup truck, leftovers from her husband’s woodworking hobby. She claimed that there had been several accidents in the garage, which could have easily accounted for a bloodied board.

When asked how the board would have ended up in the woods, Stauch said that things have flown out of the back of the truck before while she was driving. She said the same thing could have happened to the board or Gannon’s sock.

Gannon Stauch: Stepmom says bloody board was not her fault. She’s now facing child abuse, murder charges [EXCLUSIVE PART 3]

bbm

Yep.
Someone may have 'talked' by now.... but I'm going with the AA that explained that someone was not cooperating.

So that leaves investigators having to piece this together from the evidence they were able to collect.
The fact that they had enough to charge LS w/murder in the first tells me they might have evidence we haven't seen yet.

I'm betting on the fact that the someone in question inherited TS's instincts for self-preservation and sang like a canary once the DA made it abundantly clear to her that unless she cooperated with authorities, she was likely going to be facing criminal charges herself.

I'm confident that this particular someone will look after her own self-interests with a great deal more care than she demonstrated for GS's in the wake of his disappearance.

JMO.

Last edited:
I still think it odd. He’d been missing since 3:15 reportedly and LE was called in the evening and took hours to show up. An 11 year old kid running away in possible snow and they didn’t sense something was awry? I believe imo kids that age say things for drama but usually rerun more quickly.
I will always believe that LE were suspicious of TS as soon as they heard her ridiculous runaway story. I think they knew within hours that this was serious but there were steps that had to be followed to rule out the remote possibility that he had run away.

I think because of Covid-19 only her defense team would be allowed in person right now.
I see that the divorce hearing is still on the docket for this Thursday April 30.

• Jail “in person” visitation programs shut down except for preapproved professional.
EPSO COVID-19 Information

Since jailhouse visits are being curtailed with COVID-19, I wonder if LS is taking advantage of the other fine services available to her during her stay. (Can't help but think about the Scholastic Teachables and 'Which one doesn't belong?' quiz):

The El Paso County Jail provides a multitude of programs to incarcerated inmates in an ongoing effort to give them the opportunity to earn an education and resolve personal growth issues. Below are just a few of the programs that are offered to our General Population inmates.

• Alcoholics Anonymous
  • A.A. Step Study
  • Drug, Alcoholic and Addictive Behavior
  • Anger Management
  • Healthy Relationships
  • Time for Change
  • Music Therapy
  • Narcotics Anonymous
  • Seeking Safety
  • Shakespeare
  • Special Needs Programs
  • VA Assistance Program
  • Veteran and Military Confinement Ward
  • Rescue Mission
  • Yoga
  • Religious Programs: Protestant Church, Catholic Church, Mormon Church, Pentecostal Church, Jehovah's Witness Study, Discipleship Evangelism, Bible Study, Victory Walk, LDS Family Values Class and Catholic Inquiry Class. Some religious studies are offered in English, Spanish or Sign Language.
Inmate Programs

| El Paso County Sheriff

Looking at LS booking sheet at EPC jail and she has two felony arrest warrants. They're not dated but I'm wondering why two:

20CR1358 Arrest Warrant Felony
20CR1382 Arrest Warrant Felony

Warrant 1382 is the original charging doc for Murder in the First, Child Under the Age of 12 and the accompanying charges:

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/Stauch/Stauch FINAL redacted 040120.pdf

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm thinking that the 1358 Felony Warrant may be the additional Murder in the First w/ Deliberation and Intent charge, along w/ all the sentence enhancers, that DDA Allen filed after GS's body was found and autopsy completed.

I don't think the records r/t the additional charges the DA's office filed after Gannon's body was found have been made public yet.

*ETA: Now that I'm thinking about it, though, one would think that Warrant 1358 would logically be filed before 1382, right? So, is it possible that felony charges might have been made prior to the murder charges being filed?

I'm thoroughly confused now.

*EATA: I just read Cindizzi's post below mine...yep, that explains it!
Thanks, @Cindizzi !

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads