Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
kkdj, I enjoy your theories very much. I always do. I'm leaning the other way though. For me, the AA stated animals carried off parts of him (or in similar words). That was there strongest legal assumption at the time.

Under the no body circumstances, it is a perfect hypothesis.

However, he wasn't carried away by animals....

At trial we just might find out what other hypothesis they change.....
I think the amount of blood and blood splatter in his room is why I believe this will be proven that he was killed there.
We now know LS didn't take him somewhere animals carried off body parts of him, after the fact. But I believe he was killed in his room and stuffed in a suitcase.
How the heck she made it cross country to Florida with him amazes me tho! But she apparently did.

I'm just wondering, if the body was in a suitcase how did the bloody sock get out? LS stated that AS told her particle board and a bloody sock was found which she said that they must have blown out from the back of their truck.

I believe she probably messily bundled up all the clothing, sheets, pillow evidence, hurriedly stuffed them into a bag of some sort and stuffed it in back of her vehicle for disposal. An errant sock might have been unnoticed if bag was not secured, and been blown away during her hasty and convoluted drive to dispose of these items.

Probably too anxious about being caught red handed with the body. Or someone noticing the red truck. Maybe she drugged him and pulled him out of the bed of the truck partially hidden by garage. Not sure if it was open when she got back at 2:15. But she did pull out bikes. She is very aggressive with the truck door when she gets back.
Yes, this is the only thing that I hang onto as to her killing him back at home. "pulled him out of the bed of the truck partially hidden by garage."

But, I'm still on the fence....

I guess I could say I'm on the fence somewhat, but the AA said she killed him in the home, plenty of blood and blood splatter to support this, he wasn't carried off by animals, and was in fact found in a suitcase in a completely other state, where his body had to be transported to.
So, imo she killed him in the home, stuffed him in a suitcase at the home, and then transported him via
vehicle(s) to Florida. I think he was in the suitcase day one.
jmo

I think the amount of blood and blood splatter in his room is why I believe this will be proven that he was killed there.
We now know LS didn't take him somewhere animals carried off body parts of him, after the fact. But I believe he was killed in his room and stuffed in a suitcase.
How the heck she made it cross country to Florida with him amazes me tho! But she apparently did.
Only way she could have done it was by managing to create a perfect seal on that suitcase. Possibly bagged his body several times in pvc or some such leakproof material prior to placing it in suitcase, then carried it everywhere with her, into whatever hotel she moved into immediately, wherever she went, it would have been normal to carry a suitcase.

She might even have dyed it so it no longer resembled the missing brown suitcase.

It's crazy she pulled it off so well and managed to hide it right out in the open, never seemingly arousing suspicion at all.
Bizarre.

Was it ever confirmed that the suitcase belonged to either LS or AS? I wonder how LS planned to explain a missing suitcase to AS at some point. If not theirs, I wonder if there is video of LS or someone else bringing it into the house.

Was it ever confirmed that the suitcase belonged to either LS or AS? I wonder how LS planned to explain a missing suitcase to AS at some point. If not theirs, I wonder if there is video of LS or someone else bringing it into the house.
Good post ! ^^^

Re. the bolded : That strains credulity (b/c I'm overthinking this ;) ) because people are nosy by nature and wouldn't they assume LS had her own suitcases ?
So why did she need another one ?
But maybe she said she had too much stuff and wouldn't someone be nice enough to bring a large suitcase; as she said she was being kicked out (I think in the thread before last that was proven to be false and LS and HH left of their own accord)?
Ugh.

Last edited:
First I heard of it was an unsubstantiated rumor that LE had asked dumping sites to look out for one. LE did confirm in fist presser that they had checked dumping sites but never mentioned suitcase.
I never read that one was missing from the family home. I'm unsure whether it was a new suitcase or an old one.

I'm going to stick with she killed him in the basement that afternoon and draw my theories off of that, because that's what the AA says and they have reason for saying that. jmo
I know I should believe the AA and not refute forensic proof but I am one of the few in the #Icantseegannonreturnhome group.
I just cant see it. I know my eyes are bad and I even got new glasses since then and I still don't see it.
But I am not LE//Investigators
I am also on that proverbial fence that he did not return home but was killed in that 4 hour road trip. JMO
But then I read the AA again and I just really don't know.

I still think it odd. He’d been missing since 3:15 reportedly and LE was called in the evening and took hours to show up. An 11 year old kid running away in possible snow and they didn’t sense something was awry? I believe imo kids that age say things for drama but usually rerun more quickly.

I know he wasn’t missing my point was the story from LE perspectives should have raised the hinky meter more quickly. 11 is young and 3:15 to 11pm would be a long time.

I think LS played a big part in stifling the hinky. From the moment I read about the delay between the 911 call to when officers arrived at the Stauch residence, I was very disturbed. It made no sense then or now how a missing 11-year-old would not garner an immediate response from LE. Many here replied that this response was not unique to EPCSO or the region but based on their experience, considered 3 hours the norm.

After further inquiry, I learned that the EPC Communication Center Call Takers (911) assess each situation as it comes in. If it is a crime that is actively occurring and is a risk to persons or property, a deputy is dispatched immediately. If it is an incident that is not active and not posing an immediate threat, the call goes to the non-emergent department and a deputy will arrive later or reach the caller by phone to take a report. [LS was directed to non-emergent by 911]. AA#18

I believe like most here that if LE could not come to me ASAP then I would have wasted no time going to them to make it known that my child did not come home as expected, and that I couldn't even confirm if he ever reached his destination. Please help me!

We know that LS did none of that. I think LS told the call center she thought her step-son ran away and was calling to make a report, period. We already know that LS did not view GS as a child at risk or in danger when she called 911 (he was dead) so no desperation to report him missing. I am convinced LS call to 911 was equivalent to how neighbors described LS walking around visiting the gathering, concerned neighbors as if she was attending a backyard bbq.

MOO

Last edited:
I like option3.
But AA states she killed him in basement that afternoon... after return..
It's possible he was unconscious, but not dead, she carried him into house, possibly in a large holdall, carried him to basement and finished the killing.

BUT, I really cannot understand RD missing her carry a large bag into home after trip or Gannon returning on foot. He would have checked, he spent hours and hours going through footage. He couldn't have missed it!
This is the big sticking point for me.

How can LE be so sure the blood in the basement bedroom was from the afternoon and not the night /morning before?
No gunshot residue or bullet holes were described.

Where did the shooting part occur?

It's totally confusing.
IMO If that’s how it all went down, I’m sure she would have parked the Tiguan into the garage and put the suitcase inside of it while it was out of sight of any neighbors or cameras.

I've been wondering if AS saw additional footage from the security camera from next door. It's possible LS was seen with a suitcase later in the day and thats why AS was said to respond the way he did. It's possible LE wouldn't want to mention a suitcase because:

1. There was no proof that GS was actually in it
2. LE possibly wouldn't want every person and their mom out looking for a suitcase, possibly disturbing evidence
3. Planned to release it eventually when it hadn't been found for a certain period of time (like audio of bridge guy wasn't released immediately)

and finally

4. If GS was in the suitcase and it was on camera, the public doesn't really need to see that and it's traumatic. JMO of course.
I agree with you that I think AS saw additional footage, or even "Heard" the footage that has been shared.
I am not sure exactly what the "she lied to me" is about unless it was about the fact Gannon did not come back with her. That is honestly the only reason I can think of him saying that, but the AA kind of disputes that theory, IMO.

First I heard of it was an unsubstantiated rumor that LE had asked dumping sites to look out for one. LE did confirm in fist presser that they had checked dumping sites but never mentioned suitcase.
I never read that one was missing from the family home. I'm unsure whether it was a new suitcase or an old one.

I believe LS brought the suitcase into the investigation during her interview with investigators on Wednesday, Jan 27 -- she told them Eguardo requested a suitcase and cardboard box after assaulting her and that she provided him a brown suitcase (AA #87). LS little bits of truth.

I also read unconfirmed reports that from that moment, investigators immediately warned garbage collectors sent personnel to check the landfill for a possible (brown) suitcase. MOO

IMO If that’s how it all went down, I’m sure she would have parked the Tiguan into the garage and put the suitcase inside of it while it was out of sight of any neighbors or cameras.
She hadn't known about RD's CCTV tho'.
Which vehicles did LE check when they arrived after 10pm that night?
Where was his body when they came?
How thorough a search did they conduct?
She parked Al's truck in driveway when she returned home.
It showed her alighting....
I'm assuming two vehicles would not have fit in garage and if so, a transfer should have been visible in RD's cameras? At some stage.

But we didn't get to see much.
He is not on AA witness list.

I wonder if he will talk again?

I believe LS brought the suitcase into the investigation during her interview with investigators on Wednesday, Jan 27 -- she told them Eguardo requested a suitcase and cardboard box after assaulting her and that she provided him a brown suitcase (AA #87). LS little bits of truth.

I also read unconfirmed reports that from that moment, investigators immediately warned garbage collectors sent personnel to check the landfill for a possible (brown) suitcase. MOO
YES, that is exactly what happened. I had totally forgotten.
Thank you for your sharp memory yet again!

I agree with you that I think AS saw additional footage, or even "Heard" the footage that has been shared.
I am not sure exactly what the "she lied to me" is about unless it was about the fact Gannon did not come back with her. That is honestly the only reason I can think of him saying that, but the AA kind of disputes that theory, IMO.
The original article stated 'she lied to me, she lied about the time'
Then he called LE
and we thought we knew the rest...

Only way she could have done it was by managing to create a perfect seal on that suitcase. Possibly bagged his body several times in pvc or some such leakproof material prior to placing it in suitcase, then carried it everywhere with her, into whatever hotel she moved into immediately, wherever she went, it would have been normal to carry a suitcase.

She might even have dyed it so it no longer resembled the missing brown suitcase.

It's crazy she pulled it off so well and managed to hide it right out in the open, never seemingly arousing suspicion at all.
Bizarre.

Someone mentioned several threads back that Petco sells plastic bags that seal which are meant to put expired pets into before burying. I think that’s a very good theory. LS may have purchased a bag like that and used it inside of the suitcase.

I’m guessing that it’s LS who was the scandalous, friendship-imperiling boinkee here. Though the original wording has distinct comedic potential.
I was thinking it meant the one we NOW know as LS but was known as LH when she started boinking AS while he was married to LS1, now LH... ( I guess LH1 being the now LS but soon to be divorced...). I hope that made sense. My sleep schedule is all over the place.

Someone mentioned several threads back that Petco sells plastic bags that seal which are meant to put expired pets into before burying. I think that’s a very good theory. LS may have purchased a bag like that and used it inside of the suitcase.
He died January 27, sometime in afternoon.
I thought her caravan had moved to wherever via Florida very soon after the TV interview, the following Friday. I can't remember date on AA for her movement but it looks as though she carried his body for approximately a full week.. that's a very long time ..for a body..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader