Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
| El Paso County Sheriff

Looking at LS booking sheet at EPC jail and she has two felony arrest warrants. They're not dated but I'm wondering why two:

20CR1358 Arrest Warrant Felony
20CR1382 Arrest Warrant Felony
I’ve always wondered about that, too. Now looking at the various documents it looks like they reference the 1382 as the EPCSO offense report ( see number 1).
and the 1385 as the case # assigned by the DA’s office ( see number 4). . Imo
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...trict/El_Paso/Stauch/P -04 People Request.pdf

JMO
I agree it is hard to believe she would risk it but we know she was not shy of taking risks like the Florida trip with a body.

There are a couple more options I have been thinking about, although they may not be any more likely than the main two options we have been discussing. Im listing all the options I can think of with the first two being the main ones we have been talking about.

Option 1 - After we see Gannon getting in the vehicle with her on Monday to go to Petco, she kills him while they are out and she leaves his body somewhere before coming home.

Option 2 - She returns with him still alive. She proceeds to kill him shortly after they get home. She hides the body somewhere either in vehicle or in house and calls LE.

Option 3 - She returns with him but she had already killed him while they were out, and that could be why we dont see him since his body would be laying down or hidden in the back near the wheel well area. She then just works on concealing him better with a suitcase and cleaning up the house.

Option 4 - This option is like #2 with a slight twist. She returns with him still alive, kills him shortly after they get home, and then forces HH to do an errand for her which involves dropping off a suitcase at a certain place. TS would then pick it up on way to airport to rent the Kia. This allows TS to call LE without worrying about them finding Gannon.
I like option3.
But AA states she killed him in basement that afternoon... after return..
It's possible he was unconscious, but not dead, she carried him into house, possibly in a large holdall, carried him to basement and finished the killing.

BUT, I really cannot understand RD missing her carry a large bag into home after trip or Gannon returning on foot. He would have checked, he spent hours and hours going through footage. He couldn't have missed it!
This is the big sticking point for me.

How can LE be so sure the blood in the basement bedroom was from the afternoon and not the night /morning before?
No gunshot residue or bullet holes were described.

Where did the shooting part occur?

It's totally confusing.

Warrant 1382 is the original charging doc for Murder in the First, Child Under the Age of 12 and the accompanying charges:

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/Stauch/Stauch FINAL redacted 040120.pdf

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm thinking that the 1358 Felony Warrant may be the additional Murder in the First w/ Deliberation and Intent charge, along w/ all the sentence enhancers, that DDA Allen filed after GS's body was found and autopsy completed.

I don't think those additional charging documents have been made public yet.

JMO.
Looks like 1385 was on the original 4 charges doc with witness list. Wonder why it lists them as 2 different warrants, though.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...so/20CR1358/001/Complaint and Information.pdf

I'm just wondering, if the body was in a suitcase how did the bloody sock get out? LS stated that AS told her particle board and a bloody sock was found which she said that they must have blown out from the back of their truck.
Could be a sock was stuck to the board for some reason, prior to the suitcase stuffing?

I like option3.
It's possible he was unconscious, but not dead, she carried him into house, possibly in a large holdall, carried him to basement and finished the killing.

BUT, I really cannot understand RD missing her carry a large bag into home after trip or Gannon returning on foot. He would have checked, he spent hours and hours going through footage. He couldn't have missed it!

How can LE be so sure the blood in the basement bedroom was from the afternoon and not the night /morning before?

It's totally confusing.
I'm going to stick with she killed him in the basement that afternoon and draw my theories off of that, because that's what the AA says and they have reason for saying that. jmo

There was obviously no reasonable suspicion of a crime when LE came to their fragrant, home on Monday -- they thought GS ran away.

Assuming the suitcase with GS inside was beneath the folded seats inside the VW, perhaps LS was counting on her astute, crime story knowledge that LE would need a signed search warrant to find the suitcase that was out of view.
I still think it odd. He’d been missing since 3:15 reportedly and LE was called in the evening and took hours to show up. An 11 year old kid running away in possible snow and they didn’t sense something was awry? I believe imo kids that age say things for drama but usually rerun more quickly.
Well he hadn’t really been “missing” since 3:15 - 4:00 . That’s the time frame LS told them he left the house. She called 911 at 6:55 and said “ he should have been home an hour ago (dark, when the streetlights come on). In my opinion, she only called at that time because AS was aware that his son was not home, even though he was out of town. I’m betting that LS played it very down key. We didn’t have any snow in January, it was unseasonably warm. That changed a few days later. But I get what you are saying. I’m very hesitant to criticize local LE, but I hope they learned something here for < God forbid> future cases.
This statement has always stuck with me :

Jacqueline Kirby with the EPSCO said it hasn't dealt with a similar situation since 2015 and that they are doing everything they can to bring Gannon home safe.
https://www.koaa.com/search-continues-for-missing-11-year-old-boy-in-el-paso-county

I
ve lived here since 1998 and not sure what she is referencing.
JMO
I know he wasn’t missing my point was the story from LE perspectives should have raised the hinky meter more quickly. 11 is young and 3:15 to 11pm would be a long time.

Last edited:
I'm going to stick with she killed him in the basement that afternoon and draw my theories off of that, because that's what the AA says and they have reason for saying that. jmo
It has to be , it simply has to be.
But wild too because sh had so very many wide open spaces in which to do it, unseen unheard and without leaving a trace...
Very crazy mind. So many heights, so many holes and she brought him home to do it. Why?

It has to be , it simply has to be.
But wild too because sh had so very many wide open spaces in which to do it, unseen unheard and without leaving a trace...
Very crazy mind. So many heights, so many holes and she brought him home to do it. Why?
Probably too anxious about being caught red handed with the body. Or someone noticing the red truck. Maybe she drugged him and pulled him out of the bed of the truck partially hidden by garage. Not sure if it was open when she got back at 2:15. But she did pull out bikes. She is very aggressive with the truck door when she gets back.

Warrant 1382 is the original charging doc for Murder in the First, Child Under the Age of 12 and the accompanying charges:

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/Stauch/Stauch FINAL redacted 040120.pdf

I'm not entirely sure, but I'm thinking that the 1358 Felony Warrant may be the additional Murder in the First w/ Deliberation and Intent charge, along w/ all the sentence enhancers, that DDA Allen filed after GS's body was found and autopsy completed.

I don't think the records r/t the additional charges the DA's office filed after Gannon's body was found have been made public yet.

*ETA: Now that I'm thinking about it, though, one would think that Warrant 1358 would logically be filed before 1382, right? So, is it possible that felony charges might have been made prior to the murder charges being filed?

I'm thoroughly confused now. Where's @gitana1 ?

JMO.
^^bbm

I agree about the numbering sequence. Maybe they first issued a warrant for Tampering with Physical Evidence-- hoping to keep LS close while the investigation continued, and didn't act on it.

I believe the other charges would require GS deceased and not sure they'd file those charges without a murder charge.

I know criminal complaints are often amended after an arrest but I'm not aware of whether a new arrest warrant accompanies the new complaint.

I've thoroughly confused myself now! MOO

ETA: Thanks @Cindizzi for solving the mystery in post above!

Probably too anxious about being caught red handed with the body. Or someone noticing the red truck. Maybe she drugged him and pulled him out of the bed of the truck partially hidden by garage. Not sure if it was open when she got back at 2:15. But she did pull out bikes. She is very aggressive with the truck door when she gets back.
She definitely had a change of driving styles and adeptness on the return journey.

I remember speculating that she had maybe taken some drug.. less competent and more irate.
The morning's manoeuvres were more focused.
As far as I remember the bikes move were a story she told to facilitate HH's car later that day? I could be wrong about that..
Timeline, she returned 2.15pm, small child due home from school 3.30pm.
police notified 6.55pm that he had last been seen at 4.15pm.
Police did not come until after 10pm and following a second call from someone else.

She had a lot of hours prior to calling LE, between call and their arrival and the whole night after their departure.

We have no account of any other movements she made that day or that night.

I like option3.

It's totally confusing.

When the AA was issued, the DA had the neighbor's video, the home security movement report, evidence from Gannon's bedroom, evidence from Perry, car tracking information showing two visits to Perry.

What the DA did NOT have was any indication Gannon's body had been moved, did not have Gannon's body (which I believe have them new information, namely use of a firearm).

The DA, to our knowledge, still has no data for TS's whereabouts between 11 and 1 on that dreadful Monday.

I believe that evidence at trial will show that Gannon had multiple injuries but died by gunshot. I believe evidence will be lacking, that a firearm was used in the house. (I suspect that a blood spatter expert will testify that the blood spatter and pooling patterns in Gannon's bedroom will be consistent with blunt force trauma, possibly specific to a certain kind of implement. I think that instrument will be a baseball bat....and I think that because TS already presplained why sporting equipment was missing. JMO, 10 to 1 Gannon had a baseball bat in his bedroom and its 3 never been located. )

The DA said that recovering Gannon's body changes everything.... they already conceded that they had no visible confirmation that Gannon returned to the house with TS that day. All they had was the scene of s violent, bloody assault and the supposition that it was fatal.

Smoking gun, I imagine their focus has shifted to those two hours when TS was deliberately and methodically off the grid. If the new charges are accurate, there remains another crime scene somewhere, the place where TS fired a gun.

We don't know if her car made any unexplained stops on Tuesday night, between retrieval from the airport and tracking to Perry. Possibly she retrieved his body from an unknown location. Or is it possible that TS discarded precious Gannon's battered body somewhere around noon on Monday in the Perry location and when she returned on Tuesday night, he was somehow still alive? And that's when she shot him. Hard to imagine he could've survived more than 24 hours injured and in the elements but we know he was a fighter.

The trial is going to be heart-peeling.

I can only hope that every single person TS has ever known turns on her. Eguardo, Quincy. Laura, HH, all of 'em.

And gosh, all those people who done her wrong, I hope she's keeping a list.

Better check her pants at the door.

JMO JMO JMO

I hope her call to LE gets played in court.

No panicked caretaker. I bet she tells LE he does it all the time, that she's about to go knock on doors. Dispatch entered it but felt no need for action because there was no urgency! Child was late for dinner by an hour and his primary caretaker hadn't even begun the obvious canvassing. Bet dispatch felt certain he'd be home within the hour, no harm, no foul. But they recorded the call as they ought.

That audio will be most revealing!

JMO

I hope her call to LE gets played in court.

No panicked caretaker. I bet she tells LE he does it all the time, that she's about to go knock on doors. Dispatch entered it but felt no need for action because there was no urgency! Child was late for dinner by an hour and his primary caretaker hadn't even begun the obvious canvassing. Bet dispatch felt certain he'd be home within the hour, no harm, no foul. But they recorded the call as they ought.

That audio will be most revealing!

JMO

I agree.
And it will for sure be played in court but I'm wondering how and whether the general public will ever access it?

I've been wondering if AS saw additional footage from the security camera from next door. It's possible LS was seen with a suitcase later in the day and thats why AS was said to respond the way he did. It's possible LE wouldn't want to mention a suitcase because:

1. There was no proof that GS was actually in it
2. LE possibly wouldn't want every person and their mom out looking for a suitcase, possibly disturbing evidence
3. Planned to release it eventually when it hadn't been found for a certain period of time (like audio of bridge guy wasn't released immediately)

and finally

4. If GS was in the suitcase and it was on camera, the public doesn't really need to see that and it's traumatic. JMO of course.

I'm just wondering, if the body was in a suitcase how did the bloody sock get out? LS stated that AS told her particle board and a bloody sock was found which she said that they must have blown out from the back of their truck.
I don't think it was a bloody sock, just a sock. But a good question nonetheless. How did it get out??

kkdj, I enjoy your theories very much. I always do. I'm leaning the other way though. For me, the AA stated animals carried off parts of him (or in similar words). That was there strongest legal assumption at the time.

Under the no body circumstances, it is a perfect hypothesis.

However, he wasn't carried away by animals....

At trial we just might find out what other hypothesis they change.....

It's most compelling to me that RD's audio captured TS's car door, the car locking and the garage door being raised.

I'm curious to know how quickly the garage door closed after that.

As for the shadow, the best explanation I've heard was upthread, that the light disturbance was caused by the movement of the garage door itself. It occurs virtually simultaneously to TS's exit. Pop the button, pop the door. The garage donor's and hers, respectively.

RD's audio may well confirm that sequence.

I'm convinced that TS's abrupt exit from the vehicle has everything to do with the task before her. Having done what I believe she'd just done, now she had an enormous cleaning challenge ahead of her, and only one skinny hour.

Bet she got A LOT done that hour.

Then she sent LaiS to ride her binge sheet school, bought herself more time.

Then she sent HH and LaiS to the Dollar General, for more time.

Then HH to the park (no, not to look for Gannon, he was probably still "sleeping", but to keep HH and LaiS occupied and out of the house). More time.

Then she called LE. JMO but I bet it sounded something like this: "I'm calling because my stepson is late for dinner. He's 11. Yes, very forgetful, does this all the time. You know how boys are. I'm heading out now to check with friends and neighbors. You bet, I'll call back if I have trouble. He's probably at Quincy's."

She's a salad spinner.

The story I REALLY want to hear is the one she told HH. How did she explain that Gannon went from asleep to lost, right under TS's nose? I hope HH is singing. Just imagine the Tsplained, Tbrained tale TS manufactured for her. I imagine she saved the rape stories for later --

If words are a headache, whatever the version, that story will be a migraine.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member