Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #47

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court orders Letecia Stauch to take mental competency test

From the article...

Prosecutors announced they have not ruled out the possibility of pursuing the death penalty in this case. A bill passed in the Colorado General Assembly calls for the repeals of the state’s death penalty for any crimes charged by prosecutors on or after July 1, 2020.

Senior Deputy District Attorney Michael Allen said that the level of decomposition on the body has been delaying Florida medical examiners, but he anticipates the process to move faster because of the dental record confirmation.

IMO...She is a disgusting pig, when found guilty she has definitely earned the death penalty. It is all a game to her and she will do anything to not be held responsible for her murderous rage against Gannon. Including another escape attempt, I believe she knew they would move her somewhere.

Justice for Gannon

Not sure if this was brought up.....

I have a hard time retaining posts when the thread starts moving at a faster pace.

The jawbone was not discovered separately but was sent this week to Colorado for the dental record verification/testing.

That was my understanding from Spencer's hearing notes.

I have a hard time retaining posts when the thread starts moving at a faster pace.

The jawbone was not discovered separately but was sent this week to Colorado for the dental record verification/testing.

Does this mean that the body is still in Florida and only jawbone with teeth in Colorado? Is this the normal procedure?

How secure is the state hospital she is being sent to? I worry she is going to try something else when she gets there. Will she still be shackled? Will she able to move around more freely than when in jail? I like to imagine her in a straight jacket sitting in a padded room but I don’t think that’s how it’s done anymore. Anyone with experience with this particular hospital or any in general please chime in. Thanks in advance.

Does this mean that the body is still in Florida and only jawbone with teeth in Colorado? Is this the normal procedure?

That is my understanding. I’m not from the US so not confident on whether it’s normal or not given the delays alluded to in Florida, but I agree with your interpretation of the first part.

It absolutely devastates me to think of Gannon in these ways. That poor little boy. And for his parents to have to sit through this ... no words

Yes, now that I've gone back and reread the coverage that is my understanding too. Still very strange that the FL ME couldn't give positive ID after all this time! They had enough confidence to notify Gannon's family and add charges to LS so they must have been almost 100% certain. Oh I hope the FL team doesn't botch this! Can CO request all the remains be sent to them for their own testing? Or fly a LE team from CO down there to assist with testing?

MOO JMO

Am I the only one that is concerned about the mental hospital's ability to keep Tee's under lock and key?

My guess is that's she's already hatching her next great plan to escape. She's tried twice...IMO she will try a third time.

I really really hope they have some serious security in place for her.

Reporter from CS Gazette said this earlier:

LeteciaStauch has no mask. Both deputies are wearing them. We've heard complaints for months now from defense counsel about lack of PPE for inmates. @EPCSheriff says masks are contraband because metal strips can be used as weapons. Also, there's a shortage.
https://twitter.com/lancebenzel/status/1268921190275584000?s=21

He has now made a correction:

CX: I'm now told by @EPCSheriff that masks are now being provided to inmates, and the office has plenty on hand. Inmate masks have no metal, obviating concerns it could be used as a weapon. No explanation why #LeteciaStauch wasn't wearing one.
https://twitter.com/lancebenzel/status/1268958522181632001?s=21

I am hoping someone else answers.

I don't really know what normal is. Nothing is normal in this case.

I would think the rest of his body is in Florida since autopsy is still pending. Gawd I hated typing that.

I assumed autopsy was outstanding due to toxicology. That usually takes a while.

I do recall all the news articles stated he was tentatively identified. It was confirmed today in the hearing the remains are Gannon's. Confirmed by dental records.

Senior Deputy District Attorney Michael Allen said that the level of decomposition on the body has been delaying Florida medical examiners, but he anticipates the process to move faster because of the dental record confirmation.

That is my understanding. I’m not from the US so not confident on whether it’s normal or not given the delays alluded to in Florida, but I agree with your interpretation of the first part.

It absolutely devastates me to think of Gannon in these ways. That poor little boy. And for his parents to have to sit through this ... no words

Thanks!
I can't imagine the pain AS must have felt hearing about the id issues. Jawbone and molars, heartbreaking.

I wonder why the Florida ME couldn't make a dna profile? Also, even though she needs to be competent to aid in her defense, if it is just her lack of cooperation, that will not prevent the case from going forward. IMO I too, would like to know what kind of security she will be under during the time she is being evaluated. This case is huge, in terms of discovery. I wonder if they will assign another attorney to assist, since one has resigned. Sure would like to know why. Maybe it was for own mental health, as I can see LS making everyone want to poke their eyes out. Akin to having to deal with the devil. IMO

Yes, now that I've gone back and reread the coverage that is my understanding too. Still very strange that the FL ME couldn't give positive ID after all this time! They had enough confidence to notify Gannon's family and add charges to LS so they must have been almost 100% certain. Oh I hope the FL team doesn't botch this! Can CO request all the remains be sent to them for their own testing? Or fly a LE team from CO down there to assist with testing?

MOO JMO
I had been working in my yard all morning in the TX heat. I was on my last leg when I stumbled in to log in and saw: JAWBONE

That knocked me off my final leg. It saddened and sickened me. I am relieved to hear that it was sent for testing.

I don't think there will be any problems with the autopsy in FLA. This statement makes me think so.

"Senior Deputy District Attorney Michael Allen said that the level of decomposition on the body has been delaying Florida medical examiners, but he anticipates the process to move faster because of the dental record confirmation."

I just wish I could see/hear DDA Michael Allen confident composure and soothing voice stating it. I wish he would do a presser.

About the hospital evaluation, will she be guarded/locked?is there a separate ward for criminals there?
I just have a feeling she wanted this evaluation so she can try to escape? MOO
I'm not familiar with the pueblo facility but the hospitals that I am familiar with have forensic units, with specific protocols accordingly. That said, I'm feeling that she will be looking for any glitch in their system. Yes, they better be on their toes with this one. Moo

Reporter from CS Gazette said this earlier:

LeteciaStauch has no mask. Both deputies are wearing them. We've heard complaints for months now from defense counsel about lack of PPE for inmates. @EPCSheriff says masks are contraband because metal strips can be used as weapons. Also, there's a shortage.
https://twitter.com/lancebenzel/status/1268921190275584000?s=21

He has now made a correction:

CX: I'm now told by @EPCSheriff that masks are now being provided to inmates, and the office has plenty on hand. Inmate masks have no metal, obviating concerns it could be used as a weapon. No explanation why #LeteciaStauch wasn't wearing one.
https://twitter.com/lancebenzel/status/1268958522181632001?s=21
You would think she would want to wear one to hide her face even more. Then she wouldn’t have to use her hair to hide behind.

I can’t help but think that either:

1. LS is doing everything in her power to demonstrate (or should I say, fake) insanity to aid her in her trial, including but not limited to her attack on LE en route back to CO, and this most recent planned escape. Surely she wouldn’t really believe that she could have passed all of the notes around under the radar, and surely she didn’t believe she could actually escape? Perhaps she wanted to be caught, so her defence could claim her behaviour points to insanity? Perhaps what we are seeing isn’t stupidity but a series of planned actions to make herself appear insane. Or...

2. She is mentally ill beyond the obvious narcissistic personality disorder and perhaps she is genuinely insane? I’ve wondered about schizophrenia and psychosis, and that psychotic delusions are a possible reason for her behaviour. Those suffering with psychotic delusions see and believe things which are not real - perhaps her delusions caused her to believe that Gannon was evil? Perhaps she believes LE are out to kill her, hence the planned escape? That said, generally those suffering from Schizophrenia and/or psychosis are not actually violent individuals, they just have a warped sense of reality.

Perhaps what we have been seeing isn’t stupidity and a lack of intelligence, but someone who has no self awareness due to a severe mental illness that goes beyond plain narcissism.

When I saw the pics of her face from the court appearance (I don’t recall the date), I’m unsure whether what I’m seeing is pure and undeniable anger and evil, or whether I’m seeing someone who is genuinely insane. All I know is that based on the look on her face, I would have NOT wanted to be alone in a room with her.

I have a feeling that her trial is going to be a Jodi Arias take 2.
My attempts to comprehend TS's behavior usually result in exhaustion. As long as TS demonstrates knowing the difference between right and wrong, I don't think an insanity defense will fly ... JMOO.

I am struggling to understand how an inmate classified as Segregation from all, and a full restraint escape risk, is able to make ongoing contact with other inmates, and especially when they are housed on other floors [pg 2, para 1 & 2].

Instead of plotting and scheming an escape, she should be working with her attorneys on her defense.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Media/Opinion_Docs/20CR3170.pdf

That’s how I understood it as well. They identified him without a dna profile? Hmm. That tells me something on him, with him, or on or in the suitcase told them it was Gannon. To quote Spencer’s notes “Interesting!!” Or it’s as simple as just matching up dental records but doesn’t sound like that’s the case if they’re sending molars to CBI.

I wonder if it was the Switch or if she left a luggage tag in there and didn’t know. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member