Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help believe that the escape situation is not as it appears. She not getting any attention so why not do something to get the attention she craves. It could have been done so it would drag the trail out further. Just another way to cause pain for Gannon family .She definitely a mess so with her I won't be surprised.

I can't help believe that the escape situation is not as it appears. She not getting any attention so why not do something to get the attention she craves. It could have been done so it would drag the trail out further. Just another way to cause pain for Gannon family .She definitely a mess so with her I won't be surprised.

This makes sense because only a complete moron could imagine they would be able to escape through a window at the county jail:rolleyes:

Fourth Judicial District to resume jury trials in El Paso County

Monday, June 15, 2020
DENVER – After seeking approval from Colorado Supreme Court Chief Justice Nathan B. Coats, Fourth Judicial District Chief Judge William Bain announced today that jury trials will resume on a limited basis in El Paso County the week of July 6, 2020.

“Trial by jury is the cornerstone of our judicial system, and there is no way to fairly and effectively effect justice without it,” Chief Judge Bain said. “With the thoughtful planning we have put in place in consultation with our local health experts, I am confident we can conduct these trials in a safe and efficient manner for everyone involved.”

Chief Judge Bain called upon the expertise of El Paso County Department of Health Deputy Director Dr. Leon Kelly (M.D.) to assist in the development of a plan to safely conduct jury trials in the El Paso County Courthouse. That plan, along with a request for a waiver from the Chief Justice’s order suspending jury calls until July 6, was then forwarded to Chief Justice Coats for consideration whereupon he gave his approval.

Colorado Judicial Branch - Media - Press Releases

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was the case. She can't stand not having attention. Every few weeks I think "Things have gotten quiet with Letecia... She should be making an attention grab any day now."

She never disappoints in that regard.

Thanks for splaining. That makes sense.

So child abuse documents are a possibility. What about a psych eval?

Not sure if you are asking would DHS have had anything to do with her current eval order, or if she had one performed in the past? I haven't read/seen the details about the DHS docs to know their context (if docs are from prior to the murder or since the murder I mean.)

Just called my dad to ask. He said DHS would not (at least in the state he served) have any role in ordering psych evals, that would be a judge who would do that. And not usually in a case of child abuse or neglect unless the case had mental illness at the core [the devil made me torture my kid type thing] but again only IF the perp went before a judge could a psych eval be issued; that the DHS didn't have the ability to issue evals.

He is peripherally knowledgeable about this case due to my interest and said he personally believes any DHS involvement would most likely involve cases of child abuse or neglect. ETA: or perhaps any calls made or requests for CPS to check on the kids. Like if someone thought they may be abused at school or something and called it in.

FWIW/YMMV.

Not sure if you are asking would DHS have had anything to do with her current eval order, or if she had one performed in the past? I haven't read/seen the details about the DHS docs to know their context (if docs are from prior to the murder or since the murder I mean.)

Just called my dad to ask. He said DHS would not (at least in the state he served) have any role in ordering psych evals, that would be a judge who would do that. And not usually in a case of child abuse or neglect unless the case had mental illness at the core [the devil made me torture my kid type thing] but again only IF the perp went before a judge could a psych eval be issued; that the DHS didn't have the ability to issue evals.

He is peripherally knowledgeable about this case due to my interest and said he personally believes any DHS involvement would most likely involve cases of child abuse or neglect. ETA: or perhaps any calls made or requests for CPS to check on the kids. Like if someone thought they may be abused at school or something and called it in.

FWIW/YMMV.
Interesting!
Paraphrasing from this document:
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/Stauch/P-5 People's Motion for In Camera Review of DHS Documents Redacted by Records.pdf

“ The State, through DDA Allen is asking the Court to do an in camera review of the DHS documents to determine if they should be released to the Defendant. The People believe the documents may contain information relevant to the issues in this case”.

Definition of in-camera:

In United States courts in-camera review describes a process or procedure where a judge privately looks at confidential, sensitive, or private information to determine what, if any, information may be used by a party or made public.

Interesting!
Paraphrasing from this document:
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/Stauch/P-5 People's Motion for In Camera Review of DHS Documents Redacted by Records.pdf

“ The State, through DDA Allen is asking the Court to do an in camera review of the DHS documents to determine if they should be released to the Defendant. The People believe the documents may contain information relevant to the issues in this case”.

Definition of in-camera:

In United States courts in-camera review describes a process or procedure where a judge privately looks at confidential, sensitive, or private information to determine what, if any, information may be used by a party or made public.

Would love a lawyer to chime in here, but in my limited understanding of court documents it sounds to me like there were some discovered past DHS documents that may show a pattern of abuse or something similar that the Prosecutor wants the judge to review to determine relevancy and if the Defendant can view them. Also seems like he wants them to stay sealed.

I wonder if they could even be documents that show something about custody or why Al may have had them? DHS docs from SC rather than CO? Perhaps some unflattering details about LH. May be something the team wants to keep OUT of LS defense teams hands?

Would love a lawyer to chime in here, but in my limited understanding of court documents it sounds to me like there were some discovered past DHS documents that may show a pattern of abuse or something similar that the Prosecutor wants the judge to review to determine relevancy and if the Defendant can view them. Also seems like he wants them to stay sealed.

I wonder if they could even be documents that show something about custody or why Al may have had them? DHS docs from SC rather than CO? Perhaps some unflattering details about LH. May be something the team wants to keep OUT of LS defense teams hands?

I am curious how many total pages there are from DHS. Only 6 were sealed.

It specifically mentions that they don't want the public to see these pages. Once bit, twice shy and they aren't taking any chances? Dunno.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/01st_Judicial_District/Order - P5 Proposed Order on People's Motion for In Camera Review of DHS Documents Redacted by Records.pdf

I am curious how many total pages there are from DHS. Only 6 were sealed.

It specifically mentions that they don't want the public to see these pages. Once bit, twice shy and they aren't taking any chances? Dunno.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/01st_Judicial_District/Order - P5 Proposed Order on People's Motion for In Camera Review of DHS Documents Redacted by Records.pdf

MOO a child is involved in someway, either HH or little sister.

I'm no attorney but I worry those documents may pertain to the reasons why AS had physical custody. Could this be an attempt by TS thru her attorneys to try to paint LH in the worst possible light? And a hint at how TS plans to go forward? She's not bad, someone else was bad because because because. I hope any such records remain out of the public eye. LH is not on trial. All by her ugly self, TS is.

JMO

As LS was a teacher / teacher's aide, is it possible that there were CPS actions related to children in the course of her employment? If so, the information would have to be redacted to protect the privacy of those children and their families.

I'm no attorney but I worry those documents may pertain to the reasons why AS had physical custody. Could this be an attempt by TS thru her attorneys to try to paint LH in the worst possible light? And a hint at how TS plans to go forward? She's not bad, someone else was bad because because because. I hope any such records remain out of the public eye. LH is not on trial. All by her ugly self, TS is.

JMO
Isn't Gavin's sister with LH now?
I hope and really do think these parents, AS and LH, will be able to coparent successfully.

JMO
This would fit her pattern and makes me nauseous. Moo

There will come a time when she is no longer able to garner any more attention or media coverage, no matter what type of shenanigans she tries. At that point, all it will earn her is a lifetime in solitary confinement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bands0408