Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
upload_2020-1-28_17-10-59.jpeg
The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is searching for 11-year-old boy who ran away from home.
He was wearing a blue jacket and jeans when he left his house.

He is 4'9" and weights 90 pounds.

Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 390-5555.
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

Gannon Stauch of Colorado Springs left home on foot around 3:15 p.m. to go play at a friend's house, his parents say, but never came home.

Gannon was wearing a blue hoodie, blue jeans and tennis shoes when he went missing. He has brown hair with brown eyes and weighs 90 pounds.
The EPC Sheriff's Office is asking you to call 719-390-5555 if you have seen Gannon or know of his whereabouts.‬
El Paso County Sheriff's Office asking for help finding missing 11-year-old boy

The last known sighting of Stauch was Monday afternoon between 3 and 4 p.m. in the Lorson Ranch neighborhood at his home. He lives along Mandan Drive east of Colorado Springs near Fontaine Boulevard and Marksheffel. He was reportedly going to visit his friend a few streets away.
upload_2020-1-28_17-22-40.jpeg
Gannon's father is a member of the National Guard, and the Guard is assisting with search efforts.

Due to his age and expected weather, the Major Crimes Unit is assisting in the search because they have more tools at their disposal.
MISSING: 11-year-old Colorado boy, missing for more than 24 hours

MEDIA MAPS & TIMELINE - *NO DISCUSSION THREAD*

LINK TO AMANDARECKONWITH'S CASE ARCHIVE

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 Thread #17 Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20 Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24 Thread #25 Thread #26 Thread #27 Thread #28 Thread #29 Thread #30 Thread #31 Thread #32 Thread #33 Thread #34 Thread #35 Thread #36Thread #37 Thread #38 Thread #39 Thread #40 Thread #41 Thread #42 Thread #43 Thread #44 Thread #45 Thread #46
Thread #47

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE READ:

Members may discuss the DWAP youtube phone interview with TS but may not comment on either DWAP himself or the interviewer. Only discuss what TS said in that phone interview. TS mentioned Petco in this phone interview so members may now discuss and speculate re Petco as it relates to what she says in the phone call, but not what may be floating around in social media rumor-land.

Stick to MSM or WS approved sources (i.e. no social media or random youtube videos). If in doubt, check with a Mod or Admin before posting so we can avoid unreliable sources and misinformation.

Crime Online with WS member Leigh Egan is an approved source at WS; True Crime society is not.

No bickering, rudeness or personalizing, no name calling or ridiculing other members for their opinion.

Nicknames or derogatory name changes of any of the major case players is not allowed.

WS does not condone or allow advocating violence of any kind against anyone and such posts will be removed.

Soliciting or discussing private messaging is not allowed. If you want to converse with another member privately, just do it without mentioning it on the thread.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO SPECULATE WHETHER OR NOT LETECIA HAD HELP DRIVING TO FLORIDA DO NOT NAME THE PERSON. USE INITIALS ONLY. DO NOT ACCUSE THE PERSON OF A CRIME. IF ALL THIS IS TRUE AND LETECIA IS GUILTY IT IS LIKELY SHE HAD HELP BUT THEN AGAIN MAYBE NOT.

PLEASE DO NOT ACCUSE ANYONE OF A CRIME. USE INITIALS ONLY.

REMEMBER YOUR WORDS HAVE POWER! THEY WILL STAY HERE FOREVER. THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

Thanks,
Tricia

Agreed you can absolutely have that opinion, I’m just not sure we can discuss it here since HH has not been named a poi. Jmo

Normally WS does not allow discussion of minors. In this case however Tricia did say that members could speculate on whether someone helped or was somehow involved in having Gannon's body transported to Florida as long as they are referred to with INITIALS ONLY.

We are walking a fine line here. The fact that a judicial document has stated that HH is not cooperating is certainly relevant. You can speculate based on what is contained in the AA, but you may NOT insinuate that she is involved in the crime and you may not make direct accusations against her. (IOW, lots of "what ifs", "could it be that" "perhaps" etc, etc) . Just DO NOT accuse her of knowingly committing a crime.

For instance, maybe she did absolutely nothing wrong and is just not cooperating because she doesn't want to be responsible for her mother going to jail, or perhaps she is afraid upsetting her mother.

From your link:

...If Stauch is ruled incompetent, she can be held for indefinite treatment — up to the rest of her life — under the first-degree murder charge...

I think she's guilty, and I want her punished, too...but whoa. This is terrifying.
Would she be held in a state psyche ward for treatment or sent back to jail? I kind of think the state psyche ward. Those places can be scary. jmo

kittythehare said:
September is quite a wait..
Is she clever enough to have created a fake escape scenario to feign incompetence?
She probably is.

I have in my notes:

Stauch's evaluation will be at Colorado Mental Health Institute at Pueblo. Likely to take 90 days at least. July 17th at 9am for next meeting after mental health evaluation.

The court site isn't updated yet - just has the divorce hearing on 6/18. I'll keep checking to see if this July 17th date is any good.

From the linked article here:
Gannon Stauch case: Judge orders competency hearing in boy's killing; long delay likely

>>>snip

...Prosecutors said in court that if state experts conclude Stauch is incompetent, they will exercise their right under Colorado law to request a second evaluation, resulting in further delays. Any dispute among experts as to Stauch’s mental fitness would be resolved by the judge at a hearing. If Werner finds her incompetent, the charges would remain in abeyance while state psychiatrists provide care meant to restore her mental fitness.

If Stauch is ruled incompetent, she can be held for indefinite treatment — up to the rest of her life — under the first-degree murder charge...

<<<snip

So it sounds like she can be held, medicated and held, until and if she becomes competent to assist in her own defense, at which time she will be tried for first degree murder.

She'd have to be crazy to want to fake that thing!

Gannon Stauch case: Judge orders competency hearing in boy's killing; long delay likely

>>>snip

...Prosecutors said in court that if state experts conclude Stauch is incompetent, they will exercise their right under Colorado law to request a second evaluation, resulting in further delays. Any dispute among experts as to Stauch’s mental fitness would be resolved by the judge at a hearing. If Werner finds her incompetent, the charges would remain in abeyance while state psychiatrists provide care meant to restore her mental fitness.

If Stauch is ruled incompetent, she can be held for indefinite treatment — up to the rest of her life — under the first-degree murder charge...

<<<snip

So it sounds like she can be held, medicated and held, until and if she becomes competent to assist in her own defense, at which time she will be tried for first degree murder.

well...

Regarding the letter addressed to HH that they found in the jail cell, I'm assuming she was going to mail this letter, right? So how can we think there is anything suspicious on HH's part when the letter was never mailed? And isn't all incoming and outgoing mail to and from inmates read by jail staff? Just random thoughts. Just because LS thinks there is still a close relationship between she and her daughter, doesn't mean it's true. JMO

Folks have it in for HH because at first she hadn't yet given any interviews with LE.
I can't seem to locate the AA so I'm paraphrasing on how it was worded there.
That was mentioned once, months ago, and we have seen nothing since.
Nothing to indicate if she has, or has not still given them her statement.
Nothing to indicate if she's still in contact with her mom, or not.
Nothing at all to indicate they're still close, or that they're not.

Essentially, no one here has any idea what's going on with HH.
My hope is, she found some great counsel, and is doing her best to live her life out from under the control of this nutcase that calls herself HH's mother.

jmo

Folks have it in for HH because at first she hadn't yet given any interviews with LE.

My hope is, she found some great counsel, and is doing her best to live her life out from under the control of this nutcase that calls herself HH's mother.

jmo
Great post imo.
I've felt sorry for HH. She's young, raised by a nut of a mother and an only child. Now this? Can you imagine? What a horrible position to be in!
It's interesting to me that LS's note to HH was still all about LS basically. I think the point of the letter was to remind her to stay focused on what their "plan" was. I think LS is afraid of HH talking. I wonder if HH hasn't been taking LS's calls or writing her. Idk.

>>>snip

<<<snip

MOO her crime and cover up were crazy and maybe she is progressing to fully psychotic.
If not, a criminal mental facilty is as bad or worse than prison as she will find out.

MOO her crime and cover up were crazy and maybe she is progressing to fully psychotic.
If not, a criminal mental facilty is as bad or worse than prison as she will find out.
Righteo Boxer.
I've visited a relative in a state mental facility that wasn't even for the criminal mentals. It was still scary! I kept going back for him because it gave him some sense of stability, but I was always extremely beside myself and in fear. But you know what? They helped him and other patients too. He's no longer there. And he was bad off when he got there!
She'll get out of there and stand trial. Trust me.

Question. If LS is deemed mentally incompetent, does she then become a ward of the state of a mental facility until she can stand trial?
I hate to say or suspect but they make money off of these people. Just saying. :rolleyes:

Question. If LS is deemed mentally incompetent, does she then become a ward of the state of a mental facility until she can stand trial?
I hate to say or suspect but they make money off of these people. Just saying. :rolleyes:

Yes, she would stay at the state hospital until deemed fit to stand trial. It's a state-run public hospital so I'm not sure who would be profiting off putting people there.

Yes, she would stay at the state hospital until deemed fit to stand trial. It's a state-run public hospital so I'm not sure who would be profiting off putting people there.

MOO cost rate depends if the facility is private or state. Probably she would go to a state institution, contracted private organizations and prisons will only take the easier to handle people (she is difficult due to publicity) because it's lucrative.
Both sytems are insanely expensive

Those are exactly the clues psychiatrists look for. Blank stare when asked about the crime. No evidence that the person was rational or even consciously aware at the time. No driving cross country in rental cars or giving interviews on television. No ability to lie about events, because they truly don't remember.

Juries can still be quite severe.
Questions:
Will a competency exam also include a full psychological exam? And in this case, will HIPAA prevent disclosure of those results?

My brief research on "The Dark Triad" didn't clearly reveal if that determination was possible in a full psychological exam.

According to the complaint, TS was competent enough to further instruct Bochard to "throw the note away in the toilet" [pg 3, para 3].

My hope is that the motivation behind the request for a competency exam is a part of assuring due process and possibly a tactic to allow the defense more time to prepare for the trial.

Justice for Gannon!

Last edited:
Questions:
Will a competency exam also include a full psychological exam? And in this case, will HIPAA prevent disclosure of those results?

My brief research on "The Dark Triad" didn't clearly reveal if that determination was possible in a full psychological exam.

According to the complaint, TS was competent enough to further instruct Bochard to "throw the note away in the toilet" [pg 3, para 3].

My hope is that the motivation behind the request for a competency exam is a part of assuring due process and possibly a tactic to allow the defense more time to prepare for the trial.

Justice for Gannon!

Agree. Each motion takes time. But also it increases defendents dread so MOO its a wash.
Doing this now keeps prosecution on secure ground by ticking off all the boxes to prevent a reversal on appeal.

She is crazy just not the kind of crazy the court recognizes as specifically incapable of understanding the harm they do.
Insanity defense loopholes got cleaned up decades ago in most states.

Well ya know she is having to use what few brain cells she has to figure things out on her own. She can't google from her jail cell.
I thought about TS's inability to perform Google searches, LOL!
  • How to escape from jail successfully?
  • Ways to manipulate other inmates?
  • Secret code for letters from jail.
  • Tactics to delay trial
  • How not to be an easy mark to fellow inmates
Without Google, TS will have to learn through Trial & Error.
  • There are NO secrets in jail (Bochard knew of TS's crimes),
  • Without power, TS's snitches won't fear stitches,
  • Being classified as an escape risk leaves a permanent mark,
  • Yes, there are others equally self-serving,
  • I guess everybody doesn't like me,
  • Jail friends will be even more difficult to find
  • There are other barriers beyond that window
ETA: clarity

Last edited:

jmo
Thank you and I agree. The AA said that HH was not being cooperative IIRC. We don’t know anything about the state of their current relationship. With the physical distance between them maybe HH is emotionally distancing as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noonoo91