Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge orders Letecia Stauch receive access to paper evidence amid jail's security concerns

Werner said Stauch can have access to as much paperwork that can fit in her designated 12-by18-by-24 property box, which each inmate has at the jail.

Werner asked Stauch if she still wanted to represent herself, citing a letter she sent him earlier this week claiming she was denied her right to an attorney.

Stauch told the judge she still wanted to represent herself.

“That’s why I am asking this question because you are dancing around this issue. That’s what I want to be clear about,” Werner said.

This fool, LS, is making a mockery of the court. Can anyone picture her questioning a witness? And the prosecutor will be objecting over and over. I hope she loses her cool on the first day. If not the first day, it will happen.
Remember — Jodi Arias (who may be the only person alive w/ a bigger ego than TS) once thought she was smart enough to represent herself. Even she bowed out after only one evidentiary hearing, and I don’t see TS fairing much better.

The main concern from the El Paso County Sheriff's Office at Friday's hearing was that Stauch may be getting more paper in her cell than originally agreed upon, and that could give her an opportunity to hide weapons or other contraband.

Chris Strider, an attorney with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office, told the judge that jail staff weren't given any opportunity to weigh in on these security concerns that come with additional paper being delivered to Stauch, especially considering that Stauch had a previous incident with coordinating an escape from jail.

Judge Gregory Werner even went to get a ream of paper during the hearing to give everyone a visual of how much she would have in her cell.

At another point in the hearing, it was revealed that Stauch still has yet to visit the jail's law library. She was given an opportunity to visit the library on Tuesday, but denied that opportunity because she said she didn't have anything to do there yet. Typically, when a defendant waives their access to the jail's law library, their access is stripped for 90 days. Jail staff is making an exception for Stauch in this case, she will continue to have access.

Stauch, dressed in an orange jumpsuit, also raised concerns that when she ultimately did visit the law library, she would be in full restraints and would not be able to use her hands. A representative from the Sheriff's Office said she would be partially restrained, but would be allowed to use her hands to go over the documents as no one else should be with her in the library. She will have four hours of access per week to go over all additional evidence that isn't included in the case core allowed in her cell. It's roughly 24,000 pages of additional evidence.

The hearing also revealed that Stauch wrote letters to the judge. Based on the judge's comments, it appears those letters highlighted Stauch's concerns that the jail was restricting her access to her legal counsel before she decided to represent herself. Referring to the letters, the judge confirmed that Stauch knew her previous legal team was not obligated to file a motion just because she requested it. Then, he asked Stauch if she still wanted to represent herself, she said she does.

The DA's Office raised concerns that they didn't have access to the letters Stauch was writing to the judge. The judge was surprised to learn the letters were sealed, and vowed to make those letters public record. He said it could take a day or two, but because she's representing herself, her correspondence with him will become publicly accessible.

Stauch's next court appearance is scheduled for March 29, 2021. It's listed as a Status Conference. Her previous Status Conference on March 5 provided the judge an opportunity to see how Stauch was doing with getting access to all of her evidence.
Court addresses 'security concerns' surrounding evidence in Stauch case - KRDO

Here's another article about the hearing.

https://www.koaa.com/news/gannon-st...a-stauch-evidence-in-jail-hashed-out-in-court

March 12, 2021
EL PASO COUNTY — On Friday, March 12, Letecia Stauch had a motions hearing after deciding to represent herself in her first-degree murder trial. She's the El Paso County woman accused of killing her 11-year-old stepson, Gannon Stauch, in January of 2020.
[.....]
Meanwhile, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office filed a motion for reconsideration after Judge Gregory Werner ordered the core of the case evidence be printed off and delivered to Letecia Stauch in jail. Stauch was present in the courtroom Friday, with her advisory counsel, Josh Tolini.
[.....]
Those with the Sheriff's Office said they were not given the opportunity to weigh in on the paper evidence being provided to Stauch in the El Paso County Jail. Commander Gillespie of the El Paso County Sheriff's Office was called to the witness stand to help explain the security at the jail.

Commander Gillespie said the classification of an inmate governs how much access they have to certain facilities. Stauch is currently segregated from all other inmates, meaning she is kept by herself and only authorized to come out at certain times for things like showers and phone calls. Whenever Stauch is out of her cell, all of the other inmates must be cleared from the hallways. Only staff can be present. Stauch had this classification before being booked at the jail.

Since Stauch has been there, Commander Gillespie said there have been reports of her possibly tampering with her cell window or talking to other inmates about an escape plan.

snipped for focus:
Stauch's next court appearance is scheduled for March 29, 2021. It's listed as a Status Conference. Her previous Status Conference on March 5 provided the judge an opportunity to see how Stauch was doing with getting access to all of her evidence.
Court addresses 'security concerns' surrounding evidence in Stauch case - KRDO

The 3/29 hearing is regarding her divorce not the murder case. I just looked on the court site - and her next hearing for murder is a preliminary on 5/20. I'll keep an eye out JUST in case this reporter is right - or he/she never looked at the case #s.

I found a couple of articles about today's hearing. The motions are about providing LS with case file papers and the problem person she is at jail. The judge ordered that she is to receive the papers and the sheriff's office is to work out their security concerns.

Judge orders Letecia Stauch receive access to paper evidence amid jail's security concerns | Colorado Springs News | gazette.com

https://www.koaa.com/news/gannon-st...a-stauch-evidence-in-jail-hashed-out-in-court

KOAA used an old booking photo of LS, but check out this beaut from KRDO/AP Pool:

5e697ed2ef9e6.image.jpg

Is that new today? She looks demented.

That pic is from one of her first court appearances. But you’re right, she looks demented.

[snipped]
Stauch says she actually denied the visit to the law library because she was told she would be kept in full restraints, meaning she would not be able to use her hands to do her work

Anyone else get the feeling there’s another escape attempt being planned? I hope the Law Library windows have bars!

[snipped]
Stauch says she actually denied the visit to the law library because she was told she would be kept in full restraints, meaning she would not be able to use her hands to do her work

Anyone else get the feeling there’s another escape attempt being planned? I hope the Law Library windows have bars!
They’d be wise to install a tamper-proof bolt in the floor to chain her to and limit her movements. She’s going to be a serious pain in the a$$ for everyone involved.

[snipped]

well in the article I post (#284) -
Since Stauch has been there, Commander Gillespie said there have been reports of her possibly tampering with her cell window or talking to other inmates about an escape plan.

So yes - I agree - planning another escape?

snipped for focus:

The 3/29 hearing is regarding her divorce not the murder case. I just looked on the court site - and her next hearing for murder is a preliminary on 5/20. I'll keep an eye out JUST in case this reporter is right - or he/she never looked at the case #s.
You are correct as usual! Searching the docket by just last name Stauch shows that AS is also scheduled for the 3/29 hearing and they are both scheduled for 4/30 to finalize divorce. The DR in the case number is for Domestic Relations. The CR in her other case is for Criminal of course.

Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

Attachments

• 72CC1770-6FAD-44D1-8B40-F35F825F1DA6.jpeg
    72CC1770-6FAD-44D1-8B40-F35F825F1DA6.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 4
snipped for focus:

I've got 3/29 @ 11am divorce. 1 hour. Underneath that I've written Status Conference.

They’d be wise to install a tamper-proof bolt in the floor to chain her to and limit her movements. She’s going to be a serious pain in the a$$ for everyone involved.

I tried searching for this info but it’s a little confusing. Is the law library she will have access to within the El Paso County Jail or is it off ‘campus’?

That pic is from one of her first court appearances. But you’re right, she looks demented.
Thanks! I guess I never saw it or don't remember it. The look in her eyes is feral, like a caged wild animal. Her behavior just gets worse and worse, too. I suppose she has nothing left to lose and will always seek to escape by any means.

[snipped]

She is definitely planning a Ted Bundy. LOL

It's amazing she clearly thinks she can tunnel out of jail, but doesn't think she can release herself from handcuffs... though I suppose she's probably tried the latter in actuality, lol.

Also, if she truly "can't think of anything she can do" in the law library to help her case without case papers, I think this is going to be a loooooong process...

You can have all the pretensions you want towards being an academic; but if your brain doesn't immediately leap towards angles you can search and prep-work you can commence on hearing the word "library", I don't know what to tell you.

It's amazing she clearly thinks she can tunnel out of jail, but doesn't think she can release herself from handcuffs... though I suppose she's probably tried the latter in actuality, lol.

Also, if she truly "can't think of anything she can do" in the law library to help her case without case papers, I think this is going to be a loooooong process...

You can have all the pretensions you want towards being an academic; but if your brain doesn't immediately leap towards angles you can search and prep-work you can commence on hearing the word "library", I don't know what to tell you.
LOL @squareandrabbet
I thought the exact same thing but you articulated it perfectly! Thank you! Exactly!

Remember — Jodi Arias (who may be the only person alive w/ a bigger ego than TS) once thought she was smart enough to represent herself. Even she bowed out after only one evidentiary hearing, and I don’t see TS fairing much better.
I would agree with that.

[snipped]

Oh yes.
Eguardo will ride up in his shining horse...

Have we EVER heard of someone CHARGED WITH MURDERING A CHILD who feels on par with THE JUDGE OVERSEEING THE CASE????? Is she writing to him daily? Endless rambling essays about her constitutional rights? Like he'll see her side and what? Let her go? Give her that dramatic apology she feels entitled to?

I think she's forgetting that she ERASED ALL OF GANNON'S CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS.

But writing to the judge???? Who does that???? Whine, whine, whine, my defense attorneys won't file absurd motions so I'm going to go over their heads. Judge, I want what I want and I want you to get it for me.

She seems to think she can control the whole courtroom!!

Trying to coerce a judge IN YOUR CASE outside the proper channels of law, how is that not CONTEMPT?!!

So she REFUSED her first two hours in the law library! She COULD HAVE used them, if only for the change of scenery. To get familiar with the room and resources. What excuse will she invent for skipping her next one as well? Concessions weren't going to be provided? No ergonomic comfort chair? She must really think she's some kind of celebrity.

How much more will she ask for?

Her utter lack of self awareness is staggering.

"Your Honor, my defense is inadequate."

"You are representing yourself."

"Well, exactly."

JMO

She wants what she wants HER WAY or no way! She got time in the law library and then declined the opportunity because she would be in full restraints. What???? Control. She MUST have full control at all times. Wow! Her need to control is detrimental to herself and she doesn’t see it. Lol

No doubt in my mind that she has a plan to try and escape again. Who does that?

She actually doesn’t realize that she’s nothing. Never was and never will be.

From a psychological/behavioural POV I would love to go back in her family history and see how she became what she is today.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member