Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So she REFUSED her first two hours in the law library! She COULD HAVE used them, if only for the change of scenery. To get familiar with the room and resources.
Snipped

My thoughts exactly. My city's libraries have been closed since March 2020 because of covid - I would JUMP at the chance to spend any time in a library right now even if couldn't access what I wanted, just for a change of scenery.

I would imagine a jail cell gets familiar very quickly, and it's a sign of a weak constitution not to want a change, let alone the opportunity to maybe learn something about the law and court room vocabulary, procedures, etc.

But, nope, she couldn't read the documents about HERSELF so she declined.

The question is: how long will it take her to change her mind and request a lawyer?

jmo

Snipped

My thoughts exactly. My city's libraries have been closed since March 2020 because of covid - I would JUMP at the chance to spend any time in a library right now even if couldn't access what I wanted, just for a change of scenery.

I would imagine a jail cell gets familiar very quickly, and it's a sign of a weak constitution not to want a change, let alone the opportunity to maybe learn something about the law and court room vocabulary, procedures, etc.

But, nope, she couldn't read the documents about HERSELF so she declined.

The question is: how long will it take her to change her mind and request a lawyer?

jmo
I don't believe she will request a lawyer.
This is her big gig, her final act of revenge upon all she feels have wronged her, she wouldn't miss it for anything!
She's far too arrogant to want to learn procedures, she is beyond all that, in her mind.

Oh lord! I’ve been busy with work recently and haven’t read any updates on this case in several months. LS representing herself is just proof that she’s a narcisist accustomed to being able to manipulate her way out of situations. I can’t imagine that this is going to end well for her.

New stuff on the court doc site.

Colorado Judicial Branch

1. LS's letter to Judge Werner ordered unsealed. Letter to Judge Bain will remain sealed as it relates to the conflict hearing.

2. Caitlin Kreck named as investigator for LS.
I hope that Caitlin Kreck has a thick skin and is prepared for the various demands and finger pointing coming her way, as nothing is ever good enough for this defendant. MOO.

I really gave LS the benefit of the doubt in the beginning. The stepmom is an easy target, after all. And then I thought I had a decent grasp on her personality and motivations even after the arrest affidavit. But then the escape and the letters to the judge, and now I just don’t know what to predict. I guess I just can’t quite fathom her, and I’m thinking that - at some point - she’ll have a moment and realize she’s in way over her head, and reluctantly ask for her legal team back.

I’m not getting into whether that request will be granted, just that I half-predict some kind of dramatic “this is unfair” meltdown where she asks for help.

Deep down, I guess, I desperately want her to have a moment of sanity - and in that moment, realize what she did. Not what AS & Landon did*, but what she DID.

I didn’t follow Jodi Arias, but now might be a good time for me to read those posts.

MOO.

*because I suspect her defense will be how AS & Landon treated her like an unpaid babysitter; I’m certainly not claiming any culpability on the parents’ part.

New stuff on the court doc site.

Colorado Judicial Branch

1. LS's letter to Judge Werner ordered unsealed. Letter to Judge Bain will remain sealed as it relates to the conflict hearing.

2. Caitlin Kreck named as investigator for LS.
Thank you for the link, @NCWatcher
I just had a quick scan through and re-read her letter to Judge Werner. A PILAR in her community in SC? Cousin Itt was never more apt!

Got it now.

After reading it, I'm thinking she must have written a report about the flag in school and some details really stuck with her.

jmo

I'd give volumes for a better definition of "threats in my peanut butter". Written note concealed inside an outer box that holds a miniature jarred portion? ... Did she open up a supposedly "new" jar to find a heap of telltale rat poison pellets sitting atop its unmarked creaminess? ... Did someone use it to write a message to her on top of her pillow or mattress? Just such a bizarre comment to see... or make...!

Its not lost on me that with the exception of advisory Counsel, everyone else assigned to her case who has to have anything directly to do with her is female. Seems clear to me the judge definitely has her number. I think he is just waiting for her to kick off so he can shut her nonsense down.

It's amazing she clearly thinks she can tunnel out of jail, but doesn't think she can release herself from handcuffs... though I suppose she's probably tried the latter in actuality, lol.

Also, if she truly "can't think of anything she can do" in the law library to help her case without case papers, I think this is going to be a loooooong process...

You can have all the pretensions you want towards being an academic; but if your brain doesn't immediately leap towards angles you can search and prep-work you can commence on hearing the word "library", I don't know what to tell you.
Well, she did manage to slip out of her handcuffs once, the first time she tried to make an escape. There's just no telling what she might do next.

Well, she did manage to slip out of her handcuffs once, the first time she tried to make an escape. There's just no telling what she might do next.
Perhaps it's just me but I get this feeling that LS has been preparing for this her entire life. I'm afraid she's going to use this trial to seek as much attention and notoriety as possible and take it with her to DOC. Similar to JA, she'll keep a contingent of groupies to sustain her ego -- and they'll hold on to every word about her being innocent --and that she was framed. I also think justice will move very slow for GS.

Did GS ever complain about LS? Did he voice not wanting to be left alone with her? Perhaps much withheld to protect others but I do wonder about this. MOO

I'm in the UK & I've mentioned before, we don't get to see any documents or evidence or even arrest details, mugshots - nothing! Until the start of trial at the very earliest ... Reading that peanut butter letter was freaking hilarious!

She is a fantasist! She is deluded! She's in denial! The judge must have got dizzy from all the head shaking whilst reading that work of fiction!

Did GS ever complain about LS? Did he voice not wanting to be left alone with her? Perhaps much withheld to protect others but I do wonder about this. MOO

His little sister would probably be one of the best sources of that kind of info, IMO. HH as well. And maybe neighbors who overheard things - whether live or by reviewing later security footage...

I do wonder what’s on Gannon’s devices. Messages to friends?

His little sister would probably be one of the best sources of that kind of info, IMO. HH as well. And maybe neighbors who overheard things - whether live or by reviewing later security footage...

I do wonder what’s on Gannon’s devices. Messages to friends?
Unfortunately -- I don't think the others can give a true account based on age, gender, and their own, personal relationship with LS. I'm afraid GS was the peacemaker -- did not want to borrow trouble and probably kept quiet. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille