Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel as though she will be a hostile witness as well. The bond between a mother and a child--even if the mother is bat-snot crazy--is very strong.

JMOO, but I've always felt as though HH knew more that she was letting on.
I agree. I think HH is very aware now of what her mother is capable of but still doesn't want to be the one to testify against her. It makes my heart hurt. I just pray that HH won't turn out like her mother, in any way.

From Spencer Wilson live-tweeting from Court today:

https://twitter.com/spencer_wnews/status/1390048108994826242?s=21

Judge is taking a break after finishing the last case out. Judge just assured everyone that #LeteciaStauch is still coming, but they’re taking a timeout between them. Sounds like public defender is appearing over WebEx.

Al Stauch just took a seat in the courtroom too.

And #LeteciaStauch just walked in, checked under her chair in court, then sat down. Cuffs around both hands and feet as usual.

She’s talking with Mr. Tolini, her legal counsel from before.

Judge Werner hasn’t come back in yet, but you can bet things are about to get started.
Judge back, here we go.

“Ms. Stauch previously filed to be her own council, she is now asking for council.”

“Is that right?”

#LeteciaStauch VERY quiet. “Yes.”
Ms. Strobal and Labow (Spelling? Sorry) are now back for her defense. They were they’re from the start.

May 20th date now being considered to be pushed back because her new old lawyers need time to catch up.

Woof.

Yikes. Her attorneys are busy until July because of other cases.

So much for this speeding things up. Still @4thJudicialDA has said this would take a while but you have to wonder if he’s considered this kind of delay.

They’re picking days now at the end of July.
August 5-6 agreed upon as the NEW preliminary hearing dates.

Good lord. We were 15 days away from getting this started but now we are months away once again.

Now hashing out the details on how to get all the evidence back over to her former and current attorneys.

Judge just said #LeteciaStauch actually asked for new attorneys besides her former public defenders.

Getting passed over to Judge Bane in division 22 for decision.

So she’s being appointed her public defenders right now, but is still trying to ask for new ones.

Judge says “this can’t be because you just don’t like your lawyers, have to have a real reason.”

Conflict hearing will be closed to public so we will not be allowed in.

I.E. we won’t get to hear what her issue with the public defender is but we will learn if she gets new ones or not.

That’s that, they are going over to Judge Bane now to get that figured out.

We’re off to chat with @4thJudicialDA, I’ll be a second.

And for some clarification, they MAY make the decision to give her new public defenders this afternoon, but we might not learn what they decided until next week when we’re planning the next stages of the case in open court. So! Might be a mystery for a hot second.

I suspect HH is being listed largely to corroborate the clean-up (and perhaps details about Florida). She can’t be there just for abuse when Al & Laina would also be able to testify about how LS treated Gannon. JMO.

IANAL but I cannot fathom anyone with any responsibility preferring or placing testimony from Laina above testimony from HH. If I were a lawyer, I would move heaven and earth to avoid having to ask an elementary school student details of child abuse of a beloved now-deceased sibling, if there was any other way I could get across the same information. Just saying...

I'm a bit peeved that LS can just reverse her decision and get counsel again. But okay, here we go.

HH is going to testify to all the cleaning agents mom asked for, as others have posted. She will also, I suspect, give the "pick up" locations that she retrieved her mom from.

From Spencer Wilson live-tweeting from Court today:

https://twitter.com/spencer_wnews/status/1390048108994826242?s=21

Judge is taking a break after finishing the last case out. Judge just assured everyone that #LeteciaStauch is still coming, but they’re taking a timeout between them. Sounds like public defender is appearing over WebEx.

Al Stauch just took a seat in the courtroom too.

And #LeteciaStauch just walked in, checked under her chair in court, then sat down. Cuffs around both hands and feet as usual.

She’s talking with Mr. Tolini, her legal counsel from before.

Judge Werner hasn’t come back in yet, but you can bet things are about to get started.
Judge back, here we go.

“Ms. Stauch previously filed to be her own council, she is now asking for council.”

“Is that right?”

#LeteciaStauch VERY quiet. “Yes.”
Ms. Strobal and Labow (Spelling? Sorry) are now back for her defense. They were they’re from the start.

May 20th date now being considered to be pushed back because her new old lawyers need time to catch up.

Woof.

Yikes. Her attorneys are busy until July because of other cases.

So much for this speeding things up. Still @4thJudicialDA has said this would take a while but you have to wonder if he’s considered this kind of delay.

They’re picking days now at the end of July.
August 5-6 agreed upon as the NEW preliminary hearing dates.

Good lord. We were 15 days away from getting this started but now we are months away once again.

Now hashing out the details on how to get all the evidence back over to her former and current attorneys.

Judge just said #LeteciaStauch actually asked for new attorneys besides her former public defenders.

So she’s being appointed her public defenders right now, but is still trying to ask for new ones.

Judge says “this can’t be because you just don’t like your lawyers, have to have a real reason.”

I.E. we won’t get to hear what her issue with the public defender is but we will learn if she gets new ones or not.

That’s that, they are going over to Judge Bane now to get that figured out.

We’re off to chat with @4thJudicialDA, I’ll be a second.

And for some clarification, they MAY make the decision to give her new public defenders this afternoon, but we might not learn what they decided until next week when we’re planning the next stages of the case in open court. So! Might be a mystery for a hot second.
Oh God!
I'm cynical and old but can't help wondering whether this was her motivation all along?
I mean, she never even got out of bed for her library sessions, too early, she said.
Does she believe time will give her better odds?

Oh God!
I'm cynical and old but can't help wondering whether this was her motivation all along?
I mean, she never even got out of bed for her library sessions, too early, she said.
Does she believe time will give her better odds?

I'm old too and pretty cynical. Her motivation is to stall, stall, stall and hopefully be given the chance to escape, get someone to kill the rest of the family via inmate-for-hire, or display effectively to someone that matters that she's unfit for anywhere except a pych ward.

I keep seeing media reports that her library privileges were revoked, but then you read deeper to learn the truth that she never showed up and refused her sessions, even when the jail was agreeable to adjust the times to when SHE wanted to go. It's all going to be a build up to her rights being violated.

I'm old too and pretty cynical. Her motivation is to stall, stall, stall and hopefully be given the chance to escape, get someone to kill the rest of the family via inmate-for-hire, or display effectively to someone that matters that she's unfit for anywhere except a pych ward.

I keep seeing media reports that her library privileges were revoked, but then you read deeper to learn the truth that she never showed up and refused her sessions, even when the jail was agreeable to adjust the times to when SHE wanted to go. It's all going to be a build up to her rights being violated.

Long delays do tend to favor the defense as a general rule since the state carries the burden. Eyewitnesses recant, witnesses become "unsavory" (get arrested themselves or have some big public scandal), people die, memories fade, and so forth. But I don't think this case will depend on that sort of evidence. (I think they have physical evidence.) And even though it seems frustratingly slow, for a high profile case it's still not really that slow to go to trial. For example, the July 2012 movie theater shooting (Holmes) didn't go to trial until April 2015 even though Holmes was arrested within minutes of the crime.

One point about the library issue. I'm not sure anyone ever said her library time could be adjusted. I believe the affidavit said she was told (BBM) "medical staff could address her medical concerns to better fit with her assigned law library schedule." (IMO that likely would have meant changing her medication time or type.) But she refused a medical appt. Still pretty lame though.
Gannon Stauch trial: Letecia Stauch suspended from jail library | 9news.com

JMO

Spencer Wilson KKTV has added more info to his Twitter thread on today’s Court appearance:

https://twitter.com/spencer_wnews/status/1390081828040675349?s=21

Here’s @4thJudicialDA saying here #LeteciaStauch WILL get new public defenders after all. Judge found a conflict between the current public defenders, so they’re gone for good.

We’ll meet them next week.

Appointment of new counsel will be next week, May 10th at 3 pm.

Prelim is set for August 5-6th at 9 am, but that was pushed back BECAUSE of her current public defenders.

That means we could see this get back on track sooner, but also the new guys are starting from scratch.

Also @4thJudicialDA mentioned he is not surprised by anything in this case anymore, and he’s not surprised by these delays.

Last edited:

^^rsbm

OK, just as we discussed earlier -- LS needs a valid reason to reject to her former counsel from being reappointed to represent her.

I wonder what she meant when she wrote — “I was hospitalized in Canada (crossing the border)”. What is (crossing the border) all about?

She is so weird. I think she is bragging about her international travel. Sad. Weird.

I think LS alleged she received treatment in Canada because it's untrue and she'd use the international location as her reason for being unable to provide any evidence of her medical condition and/or treatment for the same.

Seriously, if you reside in the Carolina's and suffering from a mental breakdown or mental condition requiring hospitalization -- what reasonable person would travel to Canada for said treatment! MOO

Thank you @Cindizzi for posting the tweets!

It's frustrating that the hearing will be pushed back but I want them to give this woman whatever she wants, within reason, so that there's no grounds for appeal and she will be locked up forever.
Yes I agree, zero grounds for appeal!!
I still however don’t think she’s going to get along with any lawyer as they would inevitably let her know how inconceivable her stories are.

Since they’ll be brand new to the case, could it be pushed back even further? I’d think it would?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18