Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #51

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Florida? By which I mean - why not somewhere between CO and FL? She had a plausible reason to go to FL (the airline job, I think). Why drop the suitcase mere miles from her hotel?
I’ve wondered why Florida too? Was it for the gators?? It’s totally disgusting what she did to that little boy and evil!! She didn’t feel that way about his sister? Idk what he saw in her to begin with I feel so bad for him and Landon

I’ve wondered why Florida too? Was it for the gators?? It’s totally disgusting what she did to that little boy and evil!! She didn’t feel that way about his sister? Idk what he saw in her to begin with I feel so bad for him and Landon

Maybe. But transporting a body is such a risk…there have to be many, many rural areas between CO and FL where she could have pulled over.

As an aside, alligators do not feed in winter. This is worth a read! Florida man's death was blamed on alligators at first, but his mom’s determination led to the truth

She claimed she hit record by accident but I think she was trying to back up her story that Gannon had spilled wax on the carpet, even though there is no mention of it in the video.

At one point she says something like, "Do you promise you didn't do it on purpose," and he says, "I promise." Then she says "Pinky promise?" And he answers "Pinky promise." All the while he is whimpering and crying as she tells him the landlord might kick them out. I thought she also mentioned something about the couch and how expensive it was to replace it but it's been so long I can't remember.

Another reason she played it online might have been to hurt Albert and Landen. She seemed to get some sort of satisfaction out of that.
Oh God
this just breaks my heart all over again, remembering all of this.
I am taking a break for the weekend.
I just can't with her BS and Tsplaing

I get tears in my eyes every time I see a photo of Gannon

I cannot imagine how Landen and Al are holding up and trying to live each day...day by day, minute by minute.

My heart breaks for them also.

I try to never say the "hate" word as it is such a strong word but I hate this woman, Tsplain, monster.

I hope she rots in hel!

Oh God
this just breaks my heart all over again, remembering all of this.
I am taking a break for the weekend.
I just can't with her BS and Tsplaing

I get tears in my eyes every time I see a photo of Gannon

I cannot imagine how Landen and Al are holding up and trying to live each day...day by day, minute by minute.

My heart breaks for them also.

I try to never say the "hate" word as it is such a strong word but I hate this woman, Tsplain, monster.

I hope she rots in hel!
BBM
She will!

I recall LS first alleged they had to leave (when questioned taking GS out sick) to pick up Rx at the pharmacy for GS. I wondered at that time if she had tried to poison GS. Of course, the Rx was another LS fabrication but I think it came out that she did contact their healthcare nurse-line.

After researching old posts, I can confirm that contrary to my quoted post, LS did not consult the healthcare nurse-line or take GS to the doctor.

In fact, LS never told LE that GS was ill!

LS only told AS, the babysitter, MSM, and maybe GS's school that he was home from school Monday because he was allegedly ill.

The AA provides that LS did report GS absent from school but does not state or confirm if she provided a reason for his absence.

LS did not tell her employer that GS was ill -- instead, LS reported that she would not be at work because her stepfather was struck by a car and killed!

After the babysitter confronted LS about GS not being at school, LS told her that GS was ill and had to go to the doctor on Monday morning. (He felt better in the afternoon when he left home to visit a friend and never returned).

Of interest, however, is that as early as 12:55 AM on Monday, LS was google searching Colorado Law and leaving children home alone; and if work was a legal reason to leave children home alone. Earlier in the hour, LS was searching whether a humidifier would help clear smoke. (See AA pg 22/32).

Seems to me that LS had an internal fire of hate and resentment that was being stoked all night where GS would not be attending school on Monday and he would not live to see Tuesday. :(

The discussion of a conference call was after WebEx was mentioned, I believe. I think Allen suggested it as an alternative once the judge expressed some reservations about the legality in Colorado of using WebEx for that purpose.

I do think something should be worked out for east coast relatives. At the same time, I can easy imagine a victim's family (not THIS victim's family in particular) publicizing something they thought was unjust. (Unjust at the time or viewed as unjust later in another context.) And the optics of having to cite them for contempt of court would not be good. But ignoring a deliberate breach would be bad too. So any judge would want to avoid the slightest possibility of that happening.
JMO

I didn't consider the defendant's family and I do think Judge Werner may have some concerns about "leaked proceedings," and pre-trial publicity. Anything LS might use for appeal purposes. Probably why he's taking his time to document why she's being bound over for trial. MOO

I didn't consider the defendant's family and I do think Judge Werner may have some concerns about "leaked proceedings," and pre-trial publicity. Anything LS might use for appeal purposes. Probably why he's taking his time to document why she's being bound over for trial. MOO

True. And he should be careful. I know some people won't like it but I would think any accommodation offered to the victim's family so they didn't have to travel to CO would have to be offered to the defendant's family.
JMO

Idk. It seemed like I seen something in that video nobody else seen...MOO, he couldn't walk on his own. My impression only, she was half-carrying him and forcing him to walk...
Hmm..I do not remember that, but it's been awhile

I remember him walking kind of hunched over like he was injured or just not wanting to go with her.

I really, really do not want to watch that again.
Ive been in tears all day

Yes, according to Letecia he dropped his switch. Or maybe it was his phone.

He stayed home from school that day so maybe it's true he wasn't feeling well and had stomach problems.

He should have been in bed, or on the couch sipping tea and watching a good movie. Instead he was brutally murdered.
Yes !!
He stayed home from school that day due to illness, is what she told AS

She called into work that day saying her stepdad was killed after being hit by a car.

And yet..there are cameras showing her taking Gannon to Petco, etc.

Also same day she texted HH to say, she left phone home, text Gannons !!!

lying b***##

Yes, I am angry and sad and it shows.

It is the sound of those who suffer at the hands of others and the sound of those hoping someone can come to their rescue but fearing that they are alone! Prayers that we each can be alert to the idea that we may be the rescue that saves a child, an abused woman, an animal, a person being bullied…keep our ears and eyes and heart open!
BBM
Amen !!!

I think that she would have moved on to his little sister.

Right - but why not just toss the suitcase on the way?

@Shamroc1, I'd been asking myself this question for months. And the best I could come up with was that LS hid the suitcase so far forward in the UHaul that she knew she could not possibly access the suitcase without alerting HH that she was up to something very bad. I wondered if she dropped HH off someplace in Florida to meet her friends.

^^This was before the prelim. And now I have no idea why they were willing to risk driving all the way to Florida just to drop the case under the bridge embankment. It's not like they landed the suitcase in the water!

Perhaps one day I'll be interested in listening to LS's FBI profiler talk about her but I'm not even close to ready. :(

There may not have been evidence of previous abuse towards Gannon but I fully 100% believe that LS emotionally terrorised that poor boy for a long time. She HATED Gannon’s mom, her google searches give a snippet of her feelings towards Landen. I think her rage was directed at Landen and Gannon was the closest thing that represented his mother IMO. I believe she tortured Gannon with words, with emotional abuse and threats. In the recording, Gannon sounds terrified and pained it really is heartbreaking, I think he was injured that night and the whole ‘pinky swear’ was sort of a ‘I won’t tell your dad if you don’t tell him I hurt you’ ‘it was an accident, you made me mad’ Wouldn’t be surprised to learn she gaslit him to make him think his mother didn’t want him too. There’s rarely any physical evidence of emotional abuse but I firmly believe that while AS was away, LS was the evil stepmother.

I wonder why the google searches weren’t mentioned yesterday? Because that does show there were some problems in the marriage, she was looking for a man that would ‘pay her to look after his kids’. She was planning to keep Gannon off school because of his ‘stomach ache’ but I think the stomach ache was caused by LS striking him that night, before she started recording the video. Maybe she realised he was injured and that AS would find out, she needed Gannon gone before her husband came back.

It’s so heartbreaking to learn what Gannon suffered through in the final moments of his life and I also think he was mentally tortured any time he was alone with his step monster. All MOO

@Shamroc1, I'd been asking myself this question for months. And the best I could come up with was that LS hid the suitcase so far forward in the UHaul that she knew she could not possibly access the suitcase without alerting HH that she was up to something very bad. I wondered if she dropped HH off someplace in Florida to meet her friends.

^^This was before the prelim. And now I have no idea why they were willing to risk driving all the way to Florida just to drop the case under the bridge embankment. It's not like they landed the suitcase in the water!

Perhaps one day I'll be interested in listening to LS's FBI profiler talk about her but I'm not even close to ready. :(
I am not sure that she would have been concerned about HH being alerted.

That’s the one. Shortly after the video came out and was approved for discussion here, I posted this in response to someone else giving a warning to someone not to watch it:

I have to echo this. I’ve been here almost 8 years and followed along with a ton of cases. The only time I’ve felt I needed to take a break was after watching that video. It was almost like an animalistic reaction...like my primal instincts from generations ago kicked in...like my body physically knew there was a child crying out in life-threatening pain, but I was too far away to save him.

Sorry to be so dramatic, but that’s really the only way to describe the reaction I had. And I hope to never have again.

If you haven’t seen it, please know that nothing good will come of it.
But the most bizarre element was LS posted it out.
She thought he was 'all good to go".(I know she said that specificully to him cutting his foot iin shed but thats just her mentality) Meaning things really weren't that bad then in HER EYES.

So coupled with the neighbours footage the next day, we know point blank Gannon was in horror all night and well into the next day.

Knowing the 3 different death inducing actions proven in his autopsy, I believe there was 3 seperate incidents.

The first, unintensional irrepairable damage.
Time to think
The second, anger...look what you made me do.
Time to think
The third...No way back.

Apologies if this upsets anyone but when these children go through these unimaginable situations for me, the least I can do...is see it.
They deserve their truth told. And the worse ..the bigger the need to.

moo:(

There may not have been evidence of previous abuse towards Gannon but I fully 100% believe that LS emotionally terrorised that poor boy for a long time. She HATED Gannon’s mom, her google searches give a snippet of her feelings towards Landen. I think her rage was directed at Landen and Gannon was the closest thing that represented his mother IMO. I believe she tortured Gannon with words, with emotional abuse and threats. In the recording, Gannon sounds terrified and pained it really is heartbreaking, I think he was injured that night and the whole ‘pinky swear’ was sort of a ‘I won’t tell your dad if you don’t tell him I hurt you’ ‘it was an accident, you made me mad’ Wouldn’t be surprised to learn she gaslit him to make him think his mother didn’t want him too. There’s rarely any physical evidence of emotional abuse but I firmly believe that while AS was away, LS was the evil stepmother.

I wonder why the google searches weren’t mentioned yesterday? Because that does show there were some problems in the marriage, she was looking for a man that would ‘pay her to look after his kids’. She was planning to keep Gannon off school because of his ‘stomach ache’ but I think the stomach ache was caused by LS striking him that night, before she started recording the video. Maybe she realised he was injured and that AS would find out, she needed Gannon gone before her husband came back.

It’s so heartbreaking to learn what Gannon suffered through in the final moments of his life and I also think he was mentally tortured any time he was alone with his step monster. All MOO

BBM

I think the Google searches are a double-edged sword, at least some of them are. While nothing can excuse the killing of a child, those searches do put the marriage in the spotlight in a way prosecutors might not want. The searches suggest LS felt used by AS to care for his children while he continued with his career.

It's not clear to me how or why AS got custody of the children. (Early in the case we were prohibited from discussing many topics here on WS and I'm not on FB.) From what I've gathered, initially it wasn't a voluntary arrangement but was court-ordered. It's quite possible LS didn't expect to be raising AS's kids when she married him. Again, I am certainly not excusing LS's apparent actions but focusing on the marriage could generate some sympathy for her. I wouldn't think it would be enough to change a juror's mind given what it looks like the State has. But why take the chance? Prior to their trials, I wouldn't have thought Casey Anthony or OJ would have been acquitted either.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member