Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #52

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he did. Has a 10 day trip planned for their 30th anniversary and if he had to cancel it he might not make it to 31.

Imagine being Landon and hearing that. I mean I'm sure Gannon wanted to make it to 13 and beyond but he didn't,now the only thing he will have is justice. If I were Mrs Werner I think I would understand!

The case of Letecia Stauch hit yet another bump on Thursday when the court revealed that her mental health evaluation is still not complete.

Stauch is accused of having killed her 11-year-old stepson, Gannon, in 2020.

Judge Gregory Werner stated that the evaluation was not complete and he was told it would likely be ready by the end of July. As a result, a new hearing date was set for 1:30 p.m. July 28.

Werner noted that if the results of the mental health evaluation come back sooner, the date for the hearing could be pushed up.

[. ]

Initially, Stauch pleaded not guilty to the charges filed against her, but in February she was granted permission by judge Werner to change her plea to not guilty by reason of insanity.

The change in plea required the state to conduct a mental health evaluation on Stauch, which the court is still waiting to receive after several months.

In the interest of trying to make sure Stauch faces trial this year, judge Werner proposed setting a trial date in October — after receiving Stauch's mental health report.

"I would like to get this case done this year," Werner said.

If there are any protests by the prosecution or defense over the findings of the sanity report, Werner said it would be highly unlikely that a trial is able to happen in 2022. The prosecution added that regardless of the findings "one party will be disappointed," leaving the chances of further delays high.

[. ]

I'm wondering if LS's defense failed to timely coordinate this document exchange from NC--that they personally collected in person. We know LS's mental evaluations were physically completed but I understand that the delay involves the 300+pages the defense dropped on CMHIP. (Pages collected in NC).

So CMHIP says they will get through the pages and have the report complete by end of July. (Alright,..not holding my breath)...

I know I’ve said this before but…. I hate this woman with all of my being.

We all know she’s going down but her drama, theatrics and lies send me off the deep end.

Please end this and send this horrific beast to her forever life in a tiny cell all by herself for the rest of her life never to see the light of day again.

I despise her.

Chances are she did put in a request not to be there before 7 days. She did the last time. It’ll show up in the court documents soon.
I agree. I think they all knew that today was going to be a nothingburger hearing -- where the purpose was simply to announce another delay.

I think the first clue was the tweet early this morning that the DA was not doing a presser and not taking any questions. I guess we wait for the mental health report to come out at the end of July. o_O

Date Len Appearance Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
7/28/22
1:30 PM
1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Status Conference D212020CR1358 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

7/28/22
6:00 PM
1Hr STAUCH, LETECIA Review WAppearance of Parties D212020CR3170 El Paso County DIV 15-ROOM S403 (South Tower)

link: Colorado Judicial Branch - Court Docket Search

GAAH!!! I’m so stinking mad Three years to get to trial???

This is beyond anything I’ve seen. We’ve had other cases that were charged, tried and sentenced within a year. It’s disgusting to me that this ‘thing’ is allowed to play the justice like a fiddle, yet poor Gannon never got to see his 12th birthday.

I want her gone period. I want Gannon’s family and loved ones to be able to try and move forward with their lives. It’s just so wrong.

MOO

While it really ticks me off that she’s not dragged into court spitting, kicking and screaming, I’m saving my real anger for the possibility that this evaluation just may find this bad actress to be insane. Not that I’d believe it for a second.

I feel so bad for G's mother and little sister. I really want them to be able to move forward and heal some of these deep wounds. But this evil witch is going to drag this whole thing out as long as she possibly can. :mad:
Healing for the community as well. This is a military town and such a horrific event for all to ponder what was probably going on behind closed doors. Gannon was brave and peaceful. :(

While it really ticks me off that she’s not dragged into court spitting, kicking and screaming, I’m saving my real anger for the possibility that this evaluation just may find this bad actress to be insane. Not that I’d believe it for a second.
I was hoping for her to be compelled to be in the room. But, I have been thinking (which could be dangerous) about the idea that Gannon's family deserves a trial that is about him and not her. If she was pulled into court and had a fit or acted out, it allows her to continue to be seen as unstable but it also keeps people talking about her. IMO, everyone should be focused on what she did to Gannon and how that should be punished. I don't say her name and I can't get involved in the games she plays because he deserves better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!