Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #24 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Abstar80 can you help with this?

Greeting from Australia here too .. mainly just reading along...

Just wondering if anyone may an actual list formulated of all of the search areas to date please? (the search areas that we know of anyway?)
TIA
IOM

I think it is all sorted!!
There was some confusion on what the poster was looking out for in the video.
Someone has posted a transcript above of the section which shows even more clearly the change in tense. She speaks of the dogs in present tense....We have two....But speaks of Gannon in the past tense immediately after speaking in the present tense about him.

@Hach are you all caught up now? Sorry I wasn't able to help with the link. I hope you are able to see what I am talking about now!

Re the rental car.. I was looking through Yelp etc reviews for CS airport Budget Cars. Even thought theres probably a natural bias to attract negative reviews I didnt get the vibe its the kind of place where lax data input is a rare occurrence.

We arent dealing with enriched uranium here .. huge scope for error .. example scemarios:

Cashier: "Hey Steve-o that Kia I dont have an odometer out on that its coming up blank"
Steve-o "Just put in 5 [hunded]".

or

Cashier overwrites previous odometer reading accidentally by hitting 5 plus whatever hotkeys goes to tab down.

or

The previous odometer was 2692. System has some prevalidation "Error: mileage is negative". Cashier says whatever it says 950 on my form and edits previous odometer to 5 to close the error message. After all its an unlimited hire rental and no one cares about the odometer on the invoice.[/QUOTE]

Good Morning Sleuths. I postponed watching Gannon's parents talking to media until today knowing it would be heart wrenching and it was...so unlike TS's video plea to the community. Just WOW, I'm physically upset from viewing the parent's video and I had none of that (physical reaction) watching TS. I'm astounded at the demeanor differences. My prayers today are for the offender to have the courage to bring the the truth to light.

We can no longer accept a world where this kind of thing can happen to Gannon or any other child or innocent living thing. The times they are a’changin.
:( I was just listening to John Denver’s Rocky Mountain High. Have no clue how to upload it here. But it’s now included in my morning routine till G is found.

ETA: A song and a prayer for u bud.

Last edited:
Re the rental car.. I was looking through Yelp etc reviews for CS airport Budget Cars. Even thought theres probably a natural bias to attract negative reviews I didnt get the vibe its the kind of place where lax data input is a rare occurrence.

We arent dealing with enriched uranium here .. huge scope for error .. example scemarios:

Cashier: "Hey Steve-o that Kia I dont have an odometer out on that its coming up blank"
Steve-o "Just put in 5 [hunded]".

or

Cashier overwrites previous odometer reading accidentally by hitting 5 plus whatever hotkeys goes to tab down.

or

The previous odometer was 2692. System has some prevalidation "Error: mileage is negative". Cashier says whatever it says 950 on my form and edits previous odometer to 5 to close the error message. After all its an unlimited hire rental and no one cares about the odometer on the invoice.

I am sure that’s true. At the same time, I fly quite a few times a year to cities where I rent cars. I most frequently use Budget or Dollar. And I cannot think of a single time where an attendant did not in some way check and record the actual mileage. Sometimes they even have me sit behind the wheel and verify the odometer after I check the damage before I sign too. Now I realize my experience is anecdotal and we shouldn’t assume because that has consistently been my experience that it is the experience all rental car customers would have across all companies in all locations. But it’s the same for the negative reviews like you said. Their anecdotal experiences also don’t dictate how people will be served on a different day by different service agents in different companies in different locations.

Maybe I am wrong, but I feel like the great majority of people here think the 5/955 could POSSIBLY be accurate. What we disagree on perhaps is the likelihood.

Based on my experience, I am willing to say there’s a 50/50 chance it’s accurate. What would all of you say? 40(accurate)/60 inaccurate? 30/70? 20/10? Just curious.

Last edited:
PS - I was in Colorado Springs in early fall, 2019 and was with a coworker who rented a car in their name. I honestly do not remember what company it was, but I don’t think it was Budget. I think it was Hertz. But if I remember right (and I don’t always because trips and airports blur together), both Budget and Hertz were somewhere on the airport grounds that we had to walk to. Cars were I believe stored in a big parking lot and, at least with the company we used, we had to wait a lengthy time because we HAD to wait for the attendant to finish verifying mileage and damage for all the people in front of us in line in the parking lot. Again, I know this isn’t super helpful because I don’t think we rented through Budget (and I am not willing to lie and said we did to prove a point!), but it is PART of why I cannot allow myself to just rule the mileage out as a mistake.

I am sure that’s true. At the same time, I fly quite a few times a year to cities where I rent cars. I most frequently use Budget or Dollar. And I cannot think of a single time where an attendant did not in some way check and record the actual mileage. Sometimes they even have me sit behind the wheel and verify the odometer after I check the damage before I sign too. Now I realize my experience is anecdotal and we shouldn’t assume because that has consistently been my experience that it is the experience all rental car customers would have across all companies in all locations. But it’s the same for the negative reviews like you said. Their anecdotal experiences also don’t dictate how people will be served on a different day by different service agents in different companies in different locations.

Maybe I am wrong, but I feel like the great majority of people here think the 5/955 could POSSIBLY be accurate. What we disagree on perhaps is the likelihood.

Based on my experience, I am willing to say there’s a 50/50 chance it’s accurate. What would all of you say? 40(accurate)/60 inaccurate? 30/70? 20/10? Just curious.
50/50 based on personal experience, I've seen it not taken too seriously. But seriously, I'm moving on from "mileage gate" as the car has trackers, so if the car was all over the city/town/state...it's known. And no offense meant to you @FlamingJane for bringing it up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member