Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the “locals” who are posting about the familiar places where Gannon might be found, maps showing all the Petco locations, area shopping centers, terrain, etc. It helps you get a feel for the area.

Same thing is happening on the Jennifer Dulos thread. It’s unimaginable how much I have learned about Connecticut and their laws and the streets and highways around the crime scene.

And too, reading about the area takes my mind off what is sure to come and that is the finding of Gannon’s body.

I am not sure though that I understand the importance of talking about General Palmer. LOL. I say that only because I lived in Colorado Springs for two years as a child and have lots of fun memories of roaming the streets downtown on a Saturday with a school mate, going to the movies and JC Penny (for some reason) and I don’t recall ever seeing a statue of a man and his horse. Maybe it was erected long after I was gone.

Anyway, I have wonderful memories of CO and how peaceful it was. I have to say that after following the Kelsey Berreth case and this case, my perception has changed. It is sad.

Awww. I'm really sorry that your perception of this beautiful state has changed. I guess we see the good, kind, loving people here day in and day out. My heart is broken over Gannon, but I am also SO thankful that they had SO MANY members of our community willing to be vetted to volunteer search that they had to close the application. That says SO much about our beautiful city.

I am still praying. Still trying to hold onto the tiniest shred of hope, even though I know what is most likely coming. And still wishing I could hug on GS's mom and dad right now and tell them how much we all care about them.

And here you go. Here's that ridiculous in-the-middle-of-the-road statute General William Palmer Statue - Colorado Springs, CO - American Guide Series on Waymarking.com

I have a sinking feeling nothing is going to be found until the snow starts to melt and things start to thaw. I hope nothing gets moved by the perpetrator in the meantime.
The good thing about Colorado is that at low altitudes (foothills & plains) snow usually melts in a matter of days. It's not like the high country where something hidden in snow might not be located until late spring.

Maybe she parked on a turn off and they climbed the lower part of the gate and walked back there?
So hard for me to think he was alive and she, with or without help, took him back there on foot and killed him. Somehow, odd as it may sound, it seems more believable to me that she would open the car door and roll him off a cliff. This sure is getting me to think she didn't act alone. There was no snow cover on the ground the day he "ran away"?

Imagine if this is where Gannon is found. Imagine being responsible for his disappearance and you're watching the search online or on television. Imagine knowing that this evil thing you did is about to be public knowledge. I bet you feel anxious, fearful and I bet you feel the noose tightening. There will be justice for Gannon!

The good thing about Colorado is that at low altitudes (foothills & plains) snow usually melts in a matter of days. It's not like the high country where something hidden in snow might not be located until late spring.

We lived in Parker for several years, and traveled to and through the Springs, GOG, CR, etc...many times. It’s SO beautiful. And the snow does indeed melt fairly quickly, at least in town. All we can hope for is some serious sunshine, and lots of good luck to help in this search. I hope Gannon gets to come home to his family soon.

Imagine if this is where Gannon is found. Imagine being responsible for his disappearance and you're watching the search online or on television. Imagine knowing that this evil thing you did is about to be public knowledge. I bet you feel anxious, fearful and I bet you feel the noose tightening. There will be justice for Gannon!
I would throw in anger too. Why don't they believe "ME"

Yes, definitely. Higher elevations like RMNP, when someone gets lost up there, after searching a bit, they just have to wait for the thaw for any hope of recovery. It is incredibly sad. But snow melts pretty well out here. Well, except in my backyard. I have snow in my backyard for like 9 months out of the year. Other than that....

I just can't imagine any of this. My God if she did hurt him when she was upset about the carpet, I still can't imagine "finishing" him off because of it. He was alive and got into the truck. Most likely he didn't succumb to his injuries in those 4 hours and she disposed of his body. This would have to be a deliberate act of murder. I can't wrap my mind around that.
I can't let my mind go there. I just cannot.

Totally beautiful country. I am so sad that the reason I get to see it is because an awful thing happened there. This footage shows that they must have a great tip with very detailed information, especially when you see the last few seconds where the searcher is in the thick of the wooded area. I would just be easier and so much less painful (at this point) if the perpetrator just told LE where Gannon is. Let him come out of the cold and back to his family.
I just watched it also and you took the words right out of mouth--word for word of what I was going to post.
#findgannon

They were renting in Colorado Springs. Maybe she posed as a prospective buyer and the real estate office gave her the code to the gate to go inside?

JMO
Someone on the town news page just said that the gate is always open when they drive by. Another person said yeah, it's not closed until about 4:30 to 5 pm each night...………………..
The Palmer Lake Herald

On our five acres, the snow on the north side of the house takes a long time to melt and of course in the trees, it’s slow to melt. But out in the open, especially facing south and west, it melts quickly once the sun shines.

I’m not sure exactly where they’re searching, but the area near the parking lot/staging area is pretty open and faces west so it should melt quickly.

I can’t imagine anyone going to the hassle of dealing with a gate if they’re trying to dispose of a body in the middle of the day without being seen. And I can’t see a woman carrying a 90 lb child a long distance off the road. I’m a little perplexed.

ETA: MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members