Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man they really keep stressing that they hope to find him alive. I don't know that I've seen that for so long? Usually, eventually, they say they believe they're looking for a body. Or am I wrong?
I don’t think so. They don’t want anyone to be able to come back and say that LE had given them up for dead. It’s better to be able to say they worked a case as if they could recover a live child the entire time.

Example: I think LE and most of the world were 80%+ certain that Jayme Closs would not be found alive. And LE was as surprised and delighted as everyone else when she was found alive.

I just saw this online. I wish I was privy to what lead caused this search methodology and equipment. I have special ground probes and a metal detector that can pick up shoelace eyelets and dental amalgam for this type of search, and they are only used for one thing.
That's what I felt this morning when I drove through. Just gut wrenching sick pit in my stomach.

I have a question. I don’t know much about technology. If LS did not voluntarily give LE her phone to search, then are they able to look for google locations or pings by using an alternate source? She wasn’t cooperative with LE so I’m guessing she didn’t agree to give them her phone.
Agreed.
And remember she said in msm that LE 'threatened to shoot' both her and her daughter. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the late reply- just catching up:)

I noticed that the LE spokesperson indicated they "still hope to find Gannon alive" (around 50 seconds into video). I don't believe this statement has been used previously? If memory serves me correctly, each update has always indicated "we believe he is still alive", when questioned by reporters.

Am I wrong about this?

Sorry for the late reply- just catching up:)

I noticed that the LE spokesperson indicated they "still hope to find Gannon alive" (around 50 seconds into video). I don't believe this statement has been used previously? If memory serves me correctly, each update has always indicated "we believe he is still alive", when questioned by reporters.

Am I wrong about this?
Yup, and we’ll continue to hear that until they know for a fact he is dead.

If anyone is drawing hope from that statement, they shouldn’t. It’s standard.

Man they really keep stressing that they hope to find him alive. I don't know that I've seen that for so long? Usually, eventually, they say they believe they're looking for a body. Or am I wrong?

I think that they say it until they have solid evidence to the contrary.
It must be much harder to make that determination with kids. When adults disappear lack of online activity, banking activity, not making regular contact, etc paints a clear picture.
I can think of a few cases local to me where LE said they were hopeful that the missing victims where alive and then when details finally made their way to the public it was pretty obvious that they would have known from the get go that they were searching for remains.
I definitely believe them when they say their goal is to bring him home safely.

I saw that comment last night and actually thought that it sounded just like a comment we had here yesterday.

Very time consuming stuff, but oh so informative. Lots of interesting theories, most of them based on MSM (and of course, the Palmer Lake Herald is a good source on this case).

I was pondering things in LS's last statement, about the gate and I think that someone on those comments had a good theory (which is that LS may have responded to a question about a gate, when speaking to LE, and needed to place the gate in a certain part of the world...)

I have a question. I don’t know much about technology. If LS did not voluntarily give LE her phone to search, then are they able to look for google locations or pings by using an alternate source? She wasn’t cooperative with LE so I’m guessing she didn’t agree to give them her phone.
I believe that is why it took them a while to start to target a specific area. If she wasn't going to hand over her phone willingly then they had not choice but to go through the proper channels (warrants, cell phone company, etc.) Once they had her data they were then able to see where she had been or what she had search. JMO

Thank you! I hope that other folks get interested in SAR and get experience putting boots on the ground solving these cases. Trackers are the rarest of the SAR skills, but if you read Tom Browns Field Guide to Tracking and Nature Observation, you will learn a ton. With some dirt time, any SAR team would give their right arm to have you. If you are a Tom Browns School graduate, well, that's a whole other world.
We always try to be really observant and quiet on our hikes. I'm tagging this book on Amazon for a future purchase! Thanks!!

My GUESS is that the phone company finally came up with info for the search warrant. Obviously moooooo.....

Very time consuming stuff, but oh so informative. Lots of interesting theories, most of them based on MSM (and of course, the Palmer Lake Herald is a good source on this case).

I was pondering things in LS's last statement, about the gate and I think that someone on those comments had a good theory (which is that LS may have responded to a question about a gate, when speaking to LE, and needed to place the gate in a certain part of the world...)
Ohhhhh, that could make sense of all the nonsensical information about "that gate and the key". Maybe there were text messages from her phone about "a gate"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay