Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious: hypothetical situation....say a phone was destroyed. Hammered, lit on fire, drowned in ocean destroyed, LE will never put hands on it. LE wants it...they get a warrant, and info from provider. Will said provider have info more \less than is on the actual phone?

I hope that makes sense...like, will the provider be able to provide calls\texts\pings...pictures? Or is the actual, physical phone needed to provide *everything*?

I think that they say it until they have solid evidence to the contrary.
It must be much harder to make that determination with kids. When adults disappear lack of online activity, banking activity, not making regular contact, etc paints a clear picture.
I can think of a few cases local to me where LE said they were hopeful that the missing victims where alive and then when details finally made their way to the public it was pretty obvious that they would have known from the get go that they were searching for remains.
I definitely believe them when they say their goal is to bring him home safely.

Isn’t there still a small chance too that IF someone was holding him captive they might be watching and listening to these broadcasts. Unless there is definitive evidence of the contrary it wouldn’t be worth the risk of him hearing they had given up hope of finding him alive.

Side note: Do we know if TS was in a serious relationship prior to marrying AS?

Nope! They track skin cells that drop off your body. They vacuum them up with their nose, compare them to the scent that was imprinted on them and decide if this is the person they are looking for or not. You shed thousands of skin cells all the time.

Yes. I'm a human biologist, so I know about the skin cells (although my field of focus involves the brain, ha - hopefully no brain cells are shedding),

I know that there are dogs specifically trained for blood (as in the Madeleine McCann case) but have always wondered if that's what bloodhounds specialized in.

Thank you so much for answering - I was hoping to get that question in while you were still here. I'm off to look up those books you recommended. I'm writing a little piece on a subtopic of "Lost Person Behavior" and reading all I can.

Respectfully I'm sure they've talked to her. She may be protecting her mom though, who knows.
You're most likely correct.
Hopefully spoke to her without step mom present.

Not addressing this post to you, just bouncing off of it. IMO this minor child should be off limits for discussion. TS threw her under the bus, no need for us to her do further harm because of who her Mom is.
Question :As long as no names are used and only what's in msm ?
I missed this, how did step mom throw her under the bus ?
It might have been during LS' msm interview where she made the daughter ask "What do you want me to say ?"
Which I agree was thoughtless.
It appeared she was defending her daughter.
Although it wouldn't be surprising if step mom turns on her daughter as that's the way some people operate.
Sadly.

Not accusing anyone , so sorry if it came off that way.
However someone might shed some light on what actually happened.
A person who was there.

Last edited:
Thank you! I hope that other folks get interested in SAR and get experience putting boots on the ground solving these cases. Trackers are the rarest of the SAR skills, but if you read Tom Browns Field Guide to Tracking and Nature Observation, you will learn a ton. With some dirt time, any SAR team would give their right arm to have you. If you are a Tom Browns School graduate, well, that's a whole other world.
Thanks for your knowledge on this. You may already be aware media is reporting that one K9 on scene is Jessie the bloodhound.
Brandon Thompson on Twitter

ETA. This is an unrelated case below regarding K9 Jessie

Jeffco Bloodhound Finds Missing Child In Wyoming

Isn’t there still a small chance too that IF someone was holding him captive they might be watching and listening to these broadcasts. Unless there is definitive evidence of the contrary it wouldn’t be worth the risk of him hearing they had given up hope of finding him alive.

Side note: Do we know if TS was in a serious relationship prior to marrying AS?

I don't think her past romantic relationships have been made public but she does have a 17 year old daughter that AS is not the biological father of.

Tom has a number of these field guide books. They are the best out there. The books the Tracker and the Search are also worth reading to get his background. Attending the school in NJ is a life altering experience.
Thank you! Little did you know, you just became part of our village! At least 2 or 3 of our 7 will love this, I'll purchase soon!

I hope your migraine goes away soon. I get them several times a month, and when I do, I can’t even read.

As to your question: Ever since TS mentioned tools and woodworking in her written statement, I’ve had this nagging feeling.

She claims Gannon “kept going to the side of the house” after he cut his foot and that “(h)e told me he was checking to see if the gate was locked ....” This leads me to believe she expects Gannon’s blood to be found in the garage and on the side of the house. Some posters have stated that may be where they keep their garbage bins, which makes sense to me :(.

TS also writes, “[Gannon] sat on the edge of the car and we bandaged [up the cut on his foot].” So that’s another location where she expects LE to find Gannon’s blood, IMO, whatever she means by “the edge of the car.” My hunch is it is the rear bumper of a car, not a truck, but I’m really not sure.

So, my fear is she did something to him to make him easier to dispose of ... :(. It’s also possible that she dumped clothes, linens, etc. with his blood on them in other people’s garbage bins, or more likely, Dumpsters at construction sites, IMO.
I’m not sure if this has been discussed yet...(regretfully, I have had trouble keeping up here)

The bandaging of the “cut foot” makes me wonder...is it possible that LE not only found blood on the car (Gannon’s), but did they also find a bandage wrapper?

Thinking back to the bandage that many of us think we see under the shirt on Tee’s hand in her “interview” video.

ETA: or, alternately, it would also be interesting if trash was inventoried and no bandage wrapper was found.

Last edited:
That's what I felt this morning when I drove through. Just gut wrenching sick pit in my stomach.

As dreadful a discovery as it would be to find GS's body, it's going to be much, much worse to see LE go through all these exhaustive, extensive searches and come up empty-handed.

Those of us who followed the Kelsey Berreth case can attest to that fact.

The one consolation is that this DA will do everything possible to bring a case forward against the person responsible for GS's disappearance, with or without a body.

The potential difficulty for the DA right now lies in the fact that he may lack the evidence needed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that GS is no longer alive.

In the KB case, he had an eyewitness/co-conspirator to make the case against PF ironclad.
Once LE had KK's cooperation, LE was able to find the blood and other evidence needed to prove that KB had been the victim of a brutal homicide.

Finding GS deceased will be terribly tragic, both for his family and for LE.

Not finding him will be infinitely worse, both for his family and for LE.

Either way, it's going to be a tragic outcome.

JMO.

Last edited:
I'm curious: hypothetical situation....say a phone was destroyed. Hammered, lit on fire, drowned in ocean destroyed, LE will never put hands on it. LE wants it...they get a warrant, and info from provider. Will said provider have info more \less than is on the actual phone?

I hope that makes sense...like, will the provider be able to provide calls\texts\pings...pictures? Or is the actual, physical phone needed to provide *everything*?

Yes, absolutely. They would be able to provide text messages and call records, usually solid location history too, at a minimum. With the wide range of apps and other services people use nowadays that remotely store user's data, LE can often get much more information from the phone company or elsewhere. An example would be social media app conversations or photos saved to "The Cloud."

Someone mentioned a Sawzall. If you aren't a tool type person, it's really easy to give yourself a good gash with that type of tool. One that might require a bandage in the middle of your palm that you might not want anyone to see.

jmo

As dreadful a discovery as it would be to find GS's body, it's going to be much, much worse to see LE go through all these exhaustive, extensive searches and come up empty-handed.

Those of us who followed the Kelsey Berreth case can attest to that fact.

The one consolation is that this DA will do everything possible to bring a case forward against the person responsible for his disappearance, with or without a body.

The potential difficulty for the DA right now lies in the fact that he may lack the evidence needed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that GS is no longer alive.

In the KB case, he had an eyewitness/co-conspirator to make the case against PF ironclad.
Once LE had KK's cooperation, LE was able to find the blood and other evidence needed to prove that KB had been the victim of a brutal homicide.

Finding GS deceased will be terribly tragic, both for his family and for LE.

Not finding him will be infinitely worse, both for his family and for LE.

It's going to be a tragic outcome either way.

JMO.
Yeah. Fortunately, I’m absolutely convinced it’s only a matter of time until they find his body.

Patrick Frazee had a head start of many days, while SM gave herself mere hours.

There’s also no way these locations are being searched on a whim. They’ll find him.

In Kelsey’s case, if I am not mistaken, evidence of violence was found as well as, I believe a part of a tooth? And a quantity of blood? If so, those are the types of evidence usually required in bringing murder charges without the victim’s body. Look at Kyron’s case, ten years along without any charges as he has never been found.

As LE has been insistent, in their way, that they are seeking to find Gannon alive (despite the types of places they are searching) I do not think they found evidence of violence as in Kelsey’s case...all jmo.

Nicole Fierro

@FierroNicole

·
1h

A neighbor tipped me off to this earlier. Have been told dogs went into the home
Quote Tweet

Brandon Thompson
@BThompsonNews
· 2h
A group of @EPCSheriff staff just pulled up to the Stauch home. They got into cars then left. A neighbor told us he saw dogs go into the house

They took dogs into the house. I am guessing they are cadaver dogs...:(

bbm
If Gannon's blood is on the woodworking tools it's not b/c he was using them, imo.
LS's speech is so frustrating. In her statement she wrote:

Saturday Night, G was helping me unload in the garage and cut his foot because there are a lot of tools because Albert does woodworking.

He sat on the edge of the car and we bandaged it up. He was good to go. He always loves helping his dad in the garage build things like his LEGO tables and the flower pot they built for me as a gift. After this, I noticed G kept going to the side of the house.
Exclusive: Gannon Stauch’s stepmother releases statement about boy’s disappearance

What does that even mean? Gannon cut his foot because there are a lot of tools? That's like saying "I bumped my head because there are a lot of trees." IOW why wouldn't she simply say he cut his foot on a tool AS left lying on the floor - which also doesn't make any sense BTW - or whatever the hell she meant.

Oh, and I like the subtle blame here - Gannon cut his foot because AS apparently did something irresponsible like carelessly leaving his tools where Gannon could get hurt.

So here's what I hear... Saturday night LS was "unloading," Gannon cut himself and also bled on the car. (Could the "edge" of the car mean the trunk?)

No matter how hard I try to decipher her word salad I can't make heads or tails out of her lack of direct sentences. LS manages to make numerous implications while offering few straightforward facts.

And that makes me vewwwy suspicious. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy