Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There seems to be a lot of energy that we are close to finding him, but given BM has gone home/left area, I question how close LE is to finding him or major evidence. Why leave now? Sadly thinking LE has not indicated to BM or BD that they are indeed close...MOO

Welcome Melbeanb, with your first post.:):):)
When an area is searched, we do wonder 'what next', hoping to have an announcement.
We just wait....

:D I think we've hit a point where we have so little facts to go on, we've devolved into discussing crunchy snow sounds that IMO have nothing to do with Gannon. It was a mike, getting sounds for a story. Got it. Hoping for a break in the case soon.

ETA: not meant to be snarky or single anyone out, or imply anyone cares "less than" by discussing other things sorta related. Just kinda "sad clown laughing" at how much we want to be here, waiting and hoping for news.

Oh so true Jilly!
How many times do you remember TS saying "Good to go" ? I'm thinking more than twice, and for some reason I can't get those 3 words off my mind. I can't remember where I read someone saying we have Good To Go's here, but they didn't state where here was. I just googled Good to go Colorado.....Good To Go Portables | Winter Park Colorado Portable toilet service for Grand County. How close is this? A really sickening thought went through my mind, surely she wouldn't have placed him in one? JMO

I've lived everwhere in the country except the midwest and have heard "good to go" used as an extremely common phrase everywhere except the NE. It's used to mean nothing more than "all done" or similar. I've heard it used in every possible context from "is this letter ready to send" to "is my lunch packed and did you remember to put an extra cookie" -- the answer is "yep, it/you are good to go." Iow, totally meaningless shorthand slang, imo.

I've been feeling hopeful that they're in the right area. It may take warmer weather to find what they're looking for. Not sure we can speak about the various techniques they are using (we can see them in Twitter pictures but no MSM is reporting on small details of the search).

IME, even if this search end for a while, volunteers (non-SAR) will still be out there as soon as they are able/permitted (they can go on public land or ask the landowner for permission). If Gannon is on private property, I'd think that landowner would be open for further searches and would search for themselves.

I'm curious what the rest of you think about the possibility of him being found on private property. Was that just an accident or how would you explain it?
A lot of homes there have acreages. Hard to tell what belongs to whom. Some people do put signs up. But probably just whatever was quick, out of eyesight , or so someone thought. IMO

Somebody's going to be charged.....with something. That, I believe, is fact.

If Gannon is dead, then those charges may include murder, manslaughter, etc. etc.

If Gannon is alive, then those charges may include kidnapping, interfering with an investigation, etc. etc.

Of the known players in this case, somebody's going to be charged. (Here I get to guess who I think would most probably be the person to be charged)

The exception to the above is, if the known players are all innocent, and indeed, there is an unknown perp, or perps, involved.

Right there is how I've simplified things, for me, today :)

There was an article, very early on, where TS described the way the kids had to 'earn' their screen time or video game time. They had to run laps to earn time to play on their computers.

I can see the value in that. If it is done in a balanced way and in moderation, it would be great to teach kids to divide time between physical outdoor activities and video games.

But if a parent is controlling and vindictive, it could be a recipe for disaster. That kind of 'training' can turn into punishment and even abuse, and I have seen cases here where children died as a result of being forced to run as punishment.

All this, to say that TS may have been the type that went too far in terms of punishment that was meted out. So it might not have been a motive, but more of an end result.

BBM

I hadn't heard (or don't recall) that little nugget. ITA, that sort of thing opens a door to some draconian punishment. Haven't some of those tough love outdoor schools had kids die from this as well as some parents? I seem to vaguely remember a child being made to run next to a car?

It's one thing to say, "If you want screen time, you need at least x amount of active time." It's another to say, "You didn't empty the dishwasher so you're doing 50 laps today instead of 25."

moo

Last edited:
I have no theory either. I’ve followed this case from the beginning, TS does seem to be in love with herself, and seems to love drama, but if she did harm/kill the little guy, what was her motive???? At the end of the day, she just doesn’t seem like a murderer to me. This is a very strange, heartbreaking case.

Going by some of the cases I've followed and watched, many of the actors involved didn't seem guilty by reason of their appearance or lifestyle. I'm talking about the cases where they are just average people. No bad histories, healthy cared for kids, good work ethic, neighbors mingled with them, family stood by them. They were grieving and frantic wanting their children home safe and sound. And then boom. Come to find out they are the "who" that were responsible. Blindsided, you never would have thought them capable of such evil. Then there is the parent, like LS, that you just can't feel any empathy for due to the persona they they display. Their lack of concern and love for the missing is flaunted in your face. I would venture to say she resented Gannon and in my eyes it shows. And that's putting aside the details of the case. You know deep down something is very wrong and missing in her. On the surface she looks to be from one of those families that puts out a somewhat wholesome front, but it is a ruse. That she cares not for anyone or anything unless she can benefit from it is obvious to me. Do I think LS is capable of some despicable act? You bet.

I've been feeling hopeful that they're in the right area. It may take warmer weather to find what they're looking for. Not sure we can speak about the various techniques they are using (we can see them in Twitter pictures but no MSM is reporting on small details of the search).

IME, even if this search end for a while, volunteers (non-SAR) will still be out there as soon as they are able/permitted (they can go on public land or ask the landowner for permission). If Gannon is on private property, I'd think that landowner would be open for further searches and would search for themselves.

I'm curious what the rest of you think about the possibility of him being found on private property. Was that just an accident or how would you explain it?
I’ll bite. I think she may have a some kind of connection with someone who works in real estate and knows the area. Possibly for accessibility to a vacant home or shortcut to area surrounding the gated community. Purely speculative.

Okay - I gotcha. But surely you'd agree that she had to know it would be broadcast to the entire community, the nation, and now, parts of the rest of the world? If her view of "safety" is so limited (swiss cheese keeps coming up on this thread), how is she a functioning adult?

That was a rhetorical question. I'm sure LS's days are fraught with anxiety and even panic. Hard to make the right decisions in that state.

BTW, I love and look forward to your posts, Chuck. It's really important to have all options on the table and the fact that we can only use a tiny number of the facts that are out there here in WS will hopefully change soon.
;-) Thank you, 10ofRods... much appreciated.

IMO, she wanted it broadcast to the 'world'; I expect she wouldn't settle for less at that point in time. As you commented, "anxiety" and "panic". Under such duress, one does what one believes need be done to mitigate the threat. I also expect the entire situation has, let's say, 'enhanced' her character traits, perhaps distorting them to certain extremes. Under such scrutiny as from Websleuthers and the rest of The Gannon Story followers, a significant number of people might present with questionable characteristics, traits and defenses.

I wonder, those who feel Gannon was chronically abused...do you think his father was never there? That he simply left Gannon to his wife, never checking to find out how things really were? I am not sure I can buy into a father simply not noticing due to his wife’s alleged personality disorder how his own son is being treated, what his moods are, etc...there are many signs in a child of abuse and teachers often notice. Why wouldn’t his father? Just trying to make sense of this theory of regular abuse...

:D I think we've hit a point where we have so little facts to go on, we've devolved into discussing crunchy snow sounds that IMO have nothing to do with Gannon. It was a mike, getting sounds for a story. Got it. Hoping for a break in the case soon.

ETA: not meant to be snarky or single anyone out, or imply anyone cares "less than" by discussing other things sorta related. Just kinda "sad clown laughing" at how much we want to be here, waiting and hoping for news.
No we get it. It happens in every case once we the public come to a standstill.

I have no theory either. I’ve followed this case from the beginning, TS does seem to be in love with herself, and seems to love drama, but if she did harm/kill the little guy, what was her motive???? At the end of the day, she just doesn’t seem like a murderer to me. This is a very strange, heartbreaking case.
BBM:

I have both a theory and a motive.

I think she grievously injured/harmed GS in such a way that she knew she could find herself facing criminal charges.

I think she then decided she had to get rid of the evidence in order to stay out of jail.

I guess I don't need to tell you whose body bore the evidence of her abusive behavior.

Her motive was self-preservation.

In her mind, she's all that matters here.

JMO.

Last edited:
If indeed his mom left the state...which is unconfirmed, it is hard to believe that Gannon is on the verge of being found...yet I cannot quite believe in day after day of intense, careful searching for an object, i.e a phone etc...searches are always dangerous and they would have to weigh the possible piece of evidence against that. Not seeing what they could be hoping to find, except for Gannon. Jmo

Prayers for the family, and Gannon. Taking a break. Have a good day.
Oh I apologize! I hope my post didn’t come out as being snarky to you in any way. I only meant to expand on your thought more. I should have been more clear. I really do apologize if I came across rude. That was not my intention!

Welcome Melbeanb, with your first post.:):):)
When an area is searched, we do wonder 'what next', hoping to have an announcement.
We just wait....
What? What? Wait! I was scrolling the page and I saw my Favorite little white dog pass by. tmar, I am thrilled to see you. What a nice surprise. This is a sad case, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025