Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm new here so please forgive me if I'm mentioning something that was already discussed..In the neighbor's surveillance video did anyone else notice that when G first opened the truck door to get in, an item fell out of the truck onto the ground (perhaps a water bottle, can't really tell), however, what is clear is that G did not bend over/down to pick it up..he just stood there until LS came back to the truck and picked it up.
I can't watch it on a big screen so don't know. I wish some tech guru on here could enhance that video.
MOO

Wondering if GS' coat is missing; shoes? Other items? LE has made no mention (AFAIK) of what is missing (if anything) and I'm not surprised. Is anything missing that doesn't necessarily belong to GS?

Did GS eat lunch? When and where? In the house or while out and about?

As for the "side gate". Even if GS left via that gate, I'd expect he'd show up on one or more neighborhood cameras since the gate leads to the front of the house, street-side.

Are any of AS' tools missing? Kitchen utensils? Trash bags?

That's right.
Instead, she should have been speaking about Gannon. Yearning for his safety not her defense.
Yeah. That interview was a game changer for a lot of people, atleast those on the fence.

It was an attack, as opposed to a desperate cry for help in finding Gannon. Absolutely stunning.

Wondering if GS' coat is missing; shoes? Other items? LE has made no mention (AFAIK) of what is missing (if anything) and I'm not surprised. Is anything missing that doesn't necessarily belong to GS?

Did GS eat lunch? When and where? In the house or while out and about?

As for the "side gate". Even if GS left via that gate, I'd expect he'd show up on one or more neighborhood cameras since the gate leads to the front of the house, street-side.

Are any of AS' tools missing? Kitchen utensils? Trash bags?
That’s all part of the investigation, which appears to be criminal.

We won’t know any of those details until we see the arrest affidavit, when and if that occurs.

You are right to a degree. In the first interview which should have been about GS, she spent 80% or so on herself. If she would have spent more time on Gannon then yes she probably would have told us about the alleged foot cut, alleged bandage and alleged checking on gate.
Based on what SM said in her second (written) statement, I doubt that. SM indicated LE had requested she not reveal anything (specifics regarding GS' ) and in that first video (back to camera), she did not. IMO, it was only after she was feeling the duress of the situation that she revealed sparse tidbits of info, somewhat disconnected and incomplete, but there it was for all to read.

All I know (and I say this just based on what is being discussed, I am in no way absolving SM for her behavior) is that if some of my worst parenting moments were blasted on SM I'm sure many people would say similar things about me. And I love my kids more than life itself. But as an imperfect human being I have said and done thing that I am deeply ashamed of in moments of stress or anger. I also have always made it a point of apologizing to my kids and making sure they know it was MY fault for not being able to control my own emotions and stress and that they are loved, and I was mad at the situation, not them. Having said all that, I am certain I would not act the way SM is acting if my child or step-child was missing under suspicious circumstances. In fact, I'd probably have to be heavily sedated to deal with such a thing. I don't know if I could survive something like this happening...:( And I certainly can't imagine harming a child to the point of killing him or just letting him die. Hurting children, the elderly or animals is just unforgivable IMO.

Thank you and the other posters for replying. But all of that is (if as you characterize) just run of the mill lying. NPD is usually noted by exaggeration regarding one's self, something I haven't seen. Also a belief that they are far superior to others, something that is also missing.

I agree with you 100% based on the little direct knowledge I have of personality disorders, I haven't heard the classic NPD. I get tired of people referring to others as "bipolar" when they indeed did something strange but never displayed mania in their life. It's the default mental illness now a days..

Hello, I'm new here so please forgive me if I'm mentioning something that was already discussed..In the neighbor's surveillance video did anyone else notice that when G first opened the truck door to get in, an item fell out of the truck onto the ground (perhaps a water bottle, can't really tell), however, what is clear is that G did not bend over/down to pick it up..he just stood there until LS came back to the truck and picked it up.

The quality is not the greatest but I saw the same. It appeared something dropped at his feet, he did not get it, she did. He also did not close the door, he just sat there, she closed the door.

I can't watch it on a big screen so don't know. I wish some tech guru on here could enhance that video.
MOO
The displayed area in question is from the upper right corner of the much larger image; there isn't much information (pixels) in that section because what was released is a video-recorded copy of the original video as played on an LCD display.

Such copies carry over less detail than is available in the original. Enhancing the copy (which I did with my equipment/software) provided little in the way of detail.

MOO
The displayed area in question is from the upper right corner of the much larger image; there isn't much information (pixels) in that section because what was released is a video-recorded copy of the original video as played on an LCD display.

Such copies carry over less detail than is available in the original. Enhancing the copy (which I did with my equipment/software) provided little in the way of detail.

Based on what SM said in her second (written) statement, I doubt that. SM indicated LE had requested she not reveal anything (specifics regarding GS' ) and in that first video (back to camera), she did not. IMO, it was only after she was feeling the duress of the situation that she revealed sparse tidbits of info, somewhat disconnected and incomplete, but there it was for all to read.
Then she made a fatal mistakes.
1. She did the opposite of what law enforcement told her to do, keep things to herself.
2. We have no idea what she told law enforcement in the beginning, that information is a part of this investigation.
3. LS is feeling the duress of her own situation. Which is very odd. Duress over the missing child should have been the strongest outcry of her emotions.
But it wasn't.

I wonder, those who feel Gannon was chronically abused...do you think his father was never there? That he simply left Gannon to his wife, never checking to find out how things really were? I am not sure I can buy into a father simply not noticing due to his wife’s alleged personality disorder how his own son is being treated, what his moods are, etc...there are many signs in a child of abuse and teachers often notice. Why wouldn’t his father? Just trying to make sense of this theory of regular abuse...
Anyone who feels this needs to stop.
There is ZERO evidence of this. Zero.

I don’t think she had any help, and if she did, I think they’d have his body by now.

She did have several hours to work with, and a vast expanse of terrain in which to hide him.

The snow hasn’t helped.
I agree. She likes to blame others, " he cut his foot because AS has so many tools in the garage" etc... seems like we would be hearing a different narrative from TS. MOO and of course what do I know , but I agree with you

"Safety" huh.
Yet, she covered her face and put her back towards the camera.
To me, that is not safety. That is defensive.

Edit for typos.
Her decision to speak to a single reporter (as opposed to speaking in the front of a media room full of many reporters and local citizens) is the 'safety' part. What she stated during that interview is the 'defensive' part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members