Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read an interesting article... Filicide in the United States:
Filicide in the United States

"EPIDEMIOLOGY

The United States has the highest rate of child murder among developed nations. The most common perpetrator of child homicide is a parent.
...Ninety percent of filicide perpetrators are biological parents and 10% are stepparents. Stepparents are far more likely to kill children than biological parents. In the “child maltreatment” homicides, fatal child abuse in stepparents is up to 100 times higher (Daly and Wilson, 1994)....

Paramours rarely kill their own children; instead, they more often kill the sons of their predecessors (Kaplun and Reich, 1976)....

METHODS OF FILICIDE
The most common methods of infanticide are battering, smothering, strangling, and drowning (Lewis and Resnick, 1999). The method of killing is related to the age of the victim (Adinkrah, 2001). Homicide of infants and young children is typically committed with personal weapons (e.g., hands, feet) and rarely involves firearms, knives, and other dangerous weapons. Conversely, older children are killed with knives, firearms, and other lethal weapons. Fathers tend to use more violent methods such as striking, squeezing, or stabbing whereas mothers more often drowned, suffocated, or gassed their victims (Resnick, 1969; Marleau et al., 1999).....

“Child maltreatment” filicide
These homicides usually result from a fatal “battered child syndrome” (Kempe, et al., 1962). The violent outbursts often occur in the overzealous application of discipline. Persistent crying is a common precipitant (Kadushin and Martin, 1981). This is the only one of the five filicide categories, in which the death is not intended by the parent.

“Spouse revenge” filicide
This final category consists of parents who kill their offspring in a deliberate attempt to make their spouses suffer. The prototype is found in Euripides’ play, Medea. After killing their two sons, Medea told her unfaithful husband, Jason, “Thy sons are dead and gone. That will stab thy heart” (Oates and O’Neill, 1938). The most common precipitants for spouse revenge filicide are spousal infidelity and child custody disputes. "
I think this particular case is going to fall under the “child maltreatment” category. What makes it different here though, is that I don’t believe Gannon died during an act of abuse.

She didn’t hurt him so bad that he died. She hurt him so bad that she felt she had to kill him.

So Gannon was injured, she knew there would be huge repercussions, and she killed him to cover her own butt.

"EPIDEMIOLOGY
The United States has the highest rate of child murder among developed nations. The most common perpetrator of child homicide is a parent.

...Ninety percent of filicide perpetrators are biological parents and 10% are stepparents. Stepparents are far more likely to kill children than biological parents. In the “child maltreatment” homicides, fatal child abuse in stepparents is up to 100 times higher (Daly and Wilson, 1994)...."
(BBM)

Am I missing something or isn't this more than a wee bit off? It says 90% of perps are biological parents and 10% are stepparents, and yet it also says Stepparents are Far more likely to kill children (by 100 times)...Seems like 90% is far greater than 10%.

Jmo if they expect a major discovery in that area, there is no way it would in darkness and seemingly abandoned. A police presence would be obvious, imo...
Maybe they got what there was to find there earlier today. Not a body, but a smaller piece of evidence? Something hopefully useful to the investigation but not something they would immediately call a press conference about? All guesses, JMO.

And, one more perspective, aerial.

The search was concentrated in the area shown within the right side of the red box. I hope they also include the drainage ditch indicated by the yellow arrow...

Attachments

• S_Perry_Park_Road_above_Sierra_Pines_Road_03_b.png
    S_Perry_Park_Road_above_Sierra_Pines_Road_03_b.png
    923.8 KB · Views: 161
"EPIDEMIOLOGY

...Ninety percent of filicide perpetrators are biological parents and 10% are stepparents. Stepparents are far more likely to kill children than biological parents. In the “child maltreatment” homicides, fatal child abuse in stepparents is up to 100 times higher (Daly and Wilson, 1994)...."
(BBM)

Am I missing something or isn't this more than a wee bit off? It says 90% of perps are biological parents and 10% are stepparents, and yet it also says Stepparents are Far more likely to kill children (by 100 times)...Seems like 90% is far greater than 10%.

This is because far more children live with/are cared for by parents than stepparents in the first place. So statistically, more children are killed by parents, but children are killed by stepparents at a much higher rate.

I think this particular case is going to fall under the “child maltreatment” category. What makes it different here though, is that I don’t believe Gannon died during an act of abuse.

She didn’t hurt him so bad that he died. She hurt him so bad that she felt she had to kill him.

So Gannon was injured, she knew there would be huge repercussions, and she killed him to cover her own butt.

My thoughts precisely.

Which, if true, would mean this was premeditated murder.

Not a crime of passion.

Nothing "accidental" about this whatsoever.

Ultimately, this was an act not of heated impulse. but cold calculation,

JMO.

Last edited:
I felt this was a pre-excuse for why he wasn't seen on the neighbor's camera leaving the house.

And who gives a child, the only key to anything????

Random but recently read about S Knotek who tortured her own children often by making them “wallow” outside in cold at night. It created ruts. I wonder if TS is not just explaining possible blood but maybe questionable patterns in the gated, locked backyard. IMO

Last edited:
I saw a video showing that the screen is actually a gate across a road and not related to the search, but I have no clue how to link things here. So instead I will say IMO the ‘screen’ is unrelated to a search.
The "gate across a road" you saw was likely across the entrance road to the Sierra Pines plan, immediately south (~100-200 feet) from where the search was focused.

I hope that something was discovered today, something that will put the perpetrator of this behind bars for life. I had the feeling, due to the focused activity, that maybe something had.
I have kids, step-kids, grand-kids. I will never understand how anyone can hurt a child.

DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) -- Neighbors in southern Douglas County say they'll help law enforcement any way they can in their continued search for Gannon Stauch.

Nick Gable lives next to the property where the El Paso County Sheriff's Office has set up a command post for all agencies involved in the search. He says they haven't been to his property yet, but he offered to help once he realized why they were in the area.

"I did go over to extend anything I could possibly do, extended my four-wheeler if they could possibly use it to cover more ground or anything like that," said Gable.

Gable says most people along the stretch of Perry Park Road know each other. He's not aware if Gannon's family has any connection to the area.

Jackie Kirby, a spokesperson for the sheriff's office confirmed Saturday night they will continue their search in Douglas County on Sunday.

Neighbors in Douglas County willing to help in the search for missing Gannon Stauch

The "gate across a road" you saw was likely across the entrance road to the Sierra Pines plan, immediately south (~100-200 feet) from where the search was focused.
It actually looked up the road, and not south. There seems to be a rather undeveloped road just north of the "curve" where the gated "community" is. If this makes sense. I'll try to see if I can find an image.

DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) -- Neighbors in southern Douglas County say they'll help law enforcement any way they can in their continued search for Gannon Stauch.

Nick Gable lives next to the property where the El Paso County Sheriff's Office has set up a command post for all agencies involved in the search. He says they haven't been to his property yet, but he offered to help once he realized why they were in the area.

"I did go over to extend anything I could possibly do, extended my four-wheeler if they could possibly use it to cover more ground or anything like that," said Gable.

Gable says most people along the stretch of Perry Park Road know each other. He's not aware if Gannon's family has any connection to the area.

Jackie Kirby, a spokesperson for the sheriff's office confirmed Saturday night they will continue their search in Douglas County on Sunday.

Neighbors in Douglas County willing to help in the search for missing Gannon Stauch
Good people exist.

I know we all know that, but the reminders are nice.

jm0

"EPIDEMIOLOGY
100 times more likely seems very high!
Could maybe be twice as likely, due to there being far more parents than stepparents in existence. For example, if 100 million parents existed, and 100 committed filicide = 1 in a million. Meanwhile if only 5 million stepparents existed and 10 committed filicide = 2 in a million (twice as likely). But 100X as likely?! I don’t see how those numbers mesh. I must be missing something. Math isn’t my strongest suit.

I feel like there could be revenge at play here.

It actually looked up the road, and not south. There seems to be a rather undeveloped road just north of the "curve" where the gated "community" is. If this makes sense. I'll try to see if I can find an image.
I believe this is the gate. The arrows depict locations where searchers were observed...

Attachments

• S_Perry_Park_Road_above_Sierra_Pines_Road_04.png
    S_Perry_Park_Road_above_Sierra_Pines_Road_04.png
    525.9 KB · Views: 165
Where I think the "privacy screen" was
There’s a metal gate in one of the pics posted earlier, and there’s what looks like a solid black barrier of some kind in another image, but I can’t tell how far apart they are... or if your image is the spot we’re talking about. All the pics are taken from different distance and angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14