Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that something was discovered today, something that will put the perpetrator of this behind bars for life. I had the feeling, due to the focused activity, that maybe something had.
I have kids, step-kids, grand-kids. I will never understand how anyone can hurt a child.
I'm the step of a child who was difficult and damaged at age 5. I went through HE double hockey sticks for years. When he was 11 he choked my 5yo daughter. But never once did I get violent with him. Yelled, grounded, took away privileges, put him in touch with bio-mom ( who had abandoned him), told my hubby he had to man up and deal with reality. But I love the (now adult) kid and can't imagine "disappearing" him. :(

Last edited:
"EPIDEMIOLOGY
The United States has the highest rate of child murder among developed nations. The most common perpetrator of child homicide is a parent.

...Ninety percent of filicide perpetrators are biological parents and 10% are stepparents. Stepparents are far more likely to kill children than biological parents. In the “child maltreatment” homicides, fatal child abuse in stepparents is up to 100 times higher (Daly and Wilson, 1994)...."
(BBM)

Am I missing something or isn't this more than a wee bit off? It says 90% of perps are biological parents and 10% are stepparents, and yet it also says Stepparents are Far more likely to kill children (by 100 times)...Seems like 90% is far greater than 10%.

Thank you! I noticed the same thing but wasn't up for the ensuing debate :)

"EPIDEMIOLOGY
The United States has the highest rate of child murder among developed nations. The most common perpetrator of child homicide is a parent.

...Ninety percent of filicide perpetrators are biological parents and 10% are stepparents. Stepparents are far more likely to kill children than biological parents. In the “child maltreatment” homicides, fatal child abuse in stepparents is up to 100 times higher (Daly and Wilson, 1994)...."
(BBM)

Am I missing something or isn't this more than a wee bit off? It says 90% of perps are biological parents and 10% are stepparents, and yet it also says Stepparents are Far more likely to kill children (by 100 times)...Seems like 90% is far greater than 10%.
I was thinking the same thing. Makes no sense to me.

838134AF-5C71-44C8-941C-B82A6D5F83DC.jpeg I’ve seen a lot of post circulating about “privacy barriers” being put up in the search for #GannonStauch. What you’re seeing is the gate to a property nearby. We have a ton of video of this gate, as it is right nearby the search area. There have not been any barriers put up

Ashley Franco on Twitter

There’s a metal gate in one of the pics posted earlier, and there’s what looks like a solid black barrier of some kind in another image, but I can’t tell how far apart they are... or if your image is the spot we’re talking about. All the pics are taken from different distance and angles.

MOO they were on the dirt road entrance between the two berms 100 ft. north of Sierra Pines Lane.
MOO there was a privacy screen up because the FBI evidence team was there working.
MOO two techs were in their full gray hazmat suits, and they were using a large handheld red orange light.
I hope they found something useful.

100 times more likely seems very high!
Could maybe be twice as likely, due to there being far more parents than stepparents in existence. For example, if 100 million parents existed, and 100 committed filicide = 1 in a million. Meanwhile if only 5 million stepparents existed and 10 committed filicide = 2 in a million (twice as likely). But 100X as likely?! I don’t see how those numbers mesh. I must be missing something. Math isn’t my strongest suit.
90 percent are bio parents n 10 percent are step that kill their kids.....but then it says step are far more likely. So it's not the math as much as the 90 percent and the far more likely that's confusing us because that's saying 2 different things.

View attachment 232399 I’ve seen a lot of post circulating about “privacy barriers” being put up in the search for #GannonStauch. What you’re seeing is the gate to a property nearby. We have a ton of video of this gate, as it is right nearby the search area. There have not been any barriers put up

Ashley Franco on Twitter
Finally! Not sure why she said she would ask LE. It’s clear from this pic.

ETA: different reporter, sorry. But appears to clear it up.

View attachment 232399 I’ve seen a lot of post circulating about “privacy barriers” being put up in the search for #GannonStauch. What you’re seeing is the gate to a property nearby. We have a ton of video of this gate, as it is right nearby the search area. There have not been any barriers put up

Ashley Franco on Twitter

Which just goes to show ya...nobody who doesn't know, knows.

I’ve seen a lot of post circulating about “privacy barriers” being put up in the search for #GannonStauch. What you’re seeing is the gate to a property nearby. We have a ton of video of this gate, as it is right nearby the search area. There have not been any barriers put up

Ashley Franco on Twitter
Well that’s I guess that’s good and bad news at the same time. Glad she cleared that up and got another angle of the fence.

This is because far more children live with/are cared for by parents than stepparents in the first place. So statistically, more children are killed by parents, but children are killed by stepparents at a much higher rate.

I wonder if that is true anymore...seems like every other family I know has a step...

Neighbors in Douglas County willing to help in the search for missing Gannon Stauch

Nick Gable lives next to the property where the El Paso County Sheriff's Office has set up a command post for all agencies involved in the search. He says they haven't been to his property yet, but he offered to help once he realized why they were in the area.

Gable says most people along the stretch of Perry Park Road know each other. He's not aware if Gannon's family has any connection to the area.

"It's a bizarre thing. It really just came out of the blue and all of a sudden there's hundreds of people here searching the road. I would say it came as a little bit of a shock to people around here," said Gable.

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is leading the investigation. They have not said what caused them to switch the focus of their search to Douglas County, more than 40 miles from Gannon's home where he was reportedly last seen.

Jackie Kirby, a spokesperson for the sheriff's office confirmed Saturday night they will continue their search in Douglas County on Sunday.

Last edited:
Neighbors in Douglas County willing to help in the search for missing Gannon Stauch

Nick Gable lives next to the property where the El Paso County Sheriff's Office has set up a command post for all agencies involved in the search. He says they haven't been to his property yet, but he offered to help once he realized why they were in the area.

Gable says most people along the stretch of Perry Park Road know each other. He's not aware if Gannon's family has any connection to the area.

"It's a bizarre thing. It really just came out of the blue and all of a sudden there's hundreds of people here searching the road. I would say it came as a little bit of a shock to people around here," said Gable.

The El Paso County Sheriff's Office is leading the investigation. They have not said what caused them to switch the focus of their search to Douglas County, more than 40 miles from Gannon's home where he was reportedly last seen.

Jackie Kirby, a spokesperson for the sheriff's office confirmed Saturday night they will continue their search in Douglas County on Sunday.
I so hope this search yields answers for Gannon's mom and dad. I can't imagine the anguish they are experiencing.

I feel like there could be revenge at play here.
So do I. We don't know for sure what the marriage and family dynamic was like prior to this but given TS's behavior, one can guess.

The very first interview was a glimpse. She was so full of hatred she just had to take the opportunity to vilify Gannon's mother. That's some toxic stuff right there...Imagine what it's like behind closed doors. JMO.

Last edited:
I wonder if that is true anymore...seems like every other family I know has a step...
Here are more statistics than you ever wanted to know about stepfamilies:
Stepfamily Statistics - Smart Stepfamilies

Short version is that in 2015, 16% of kids under 18 in the USA had at least one step-parent. I think that means actually living in the same household, but not sure.

I don’t know if this person is a member here, but this is the best collection I’ve seen of relevant photos, articles, etc..Looks like mostly from MSM. Feel free to flag and take down if it’s not shareable. I didn’t know what category it fit in. It’s not social media or sleuthing or gossip. A lot of great professional photos. I didn’t want to download photos from there to share here, since they aren’t mine. Gannon Stauch -CO- by amanda reckonwith

I don’t know if this person is a member here, but this is the best collection I’ve seen of relevant photos, articles, etc..Looks like mostly from MSM. Feel free to flag and take down if it’s not shareable. I didn’t know what category it fit in. It’s not social media or sleuthing or gossip. A lot of great professional photos. I didn’t want to download photos from there to share here, since they aren’t mine. Gannon Stauch -CO- by amanda reckonwith
You’re good, @AmandaReckonwith is a member here.

So do I. We don't know for sure what the marriage and family dynamic was like prior to this but given TS's behavior, one can guess.

The very first interview was a glimpse. She was so full of hatred she just had to take the opportunity to vilify Gannon's mother. That's some toxic stuff right there...Imagine what she's like behind closed doors. JMO.
Imo, the worst thing about that is she lied about the situation. She made bio mom the "bad guy" and herself the martyr. Reality is that dad and mom had a custody agreement, and mom did not abandon her son. That tells me what kind of caregiver (cough) she was to him. Imo, there is go excuse for her behavior. Poor Gannon and his loved ones.

Gannon- no matter what obstacles, or punishment has possibly happened, everyone wants you to be ok. To just go see your mom
&dad. You have a whole army of new friends.
Be found, come back & let LE & your family know peace.

MOO

bbm

The very first interview was a glimpse. She was so full of hatred she just had to take the opportunity to vilify Gannon's mother. That's some toxic stuff right there...Imagine what it's like behind closed doors. JMO.
IMO, if SM had nothing to do with GS' having gone missing she may have believed BM had something to do with it, which would explain her initial display of 'hatred'.

When SM later released her written statement it seems she no longer believed BM was involved (maybe because LE had other ideas) and, therefore, SM altered her approach entirely.

There are circumstantial elements that seem to point either to SM's possible guilt or to a someone else's possible guilt but, when consolidated in to one package of 'evidence' (for lack of a better word at this point) the elements lean more toward the former.

Coincidences occur every day, maybe that's what we see in this case but it has been difficult to separate coincidence from factual relevance. IOW, maybe GS' bleeding foot has absolutely nothing to do with his having gone missing; it is possible.

Again, this is MOO so, YMMV.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members