Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

1) What better option? We'd have to assume because GS entered on the rear driver side that he'd have to exit from the same door. We have no clue as to what was purchased during the day, where the items were placed, etc.

2) Re: younger sister's car seat/booster. Have you seen a photo or video evidence of a booster seat located on the rear passenger side seat? Please link it.

3) Upon returning from the 'shopping trip' we witnessed SM back the vehicle on to the driveway, drive it forward and back it up again, clearly attempting to position the vehicle to a purposeful position. It could be she was ensuring good distance between the vehicles. After all, a driver would have to enter the front driver side door if they were to use the vehicle. We also not the rear doors on the truck are not full-size doors, they are shortened doors and do not require as much clearance as a 'normal' (for lack of a better description) sized door.

4) Regarding 'timing' of shadows, the photographer in me is responding here: it is not possible for those shadows (there is more than one) to be caused by SM's exiting the vehicle from the driver's door. I take in to account sources and directions of light, juxtaposition of the two vehicles, spacing between, etc. The average person typically is not aware of those elements. Such observations and accounting is second-nature for photographers.

5) Re: "four hours", who said SM hasn't answered that? We can be certain LE interrogated SM and SM may have given a complete accounting of those four hours. If you know otherwise I'd hope you fill us in.

6) What is LE's version? Please fill us in.

Thanks!

"assume it was Gannon. (that exited the truck upon return) Then what is the next theory from there?"

I am having difficulty understanding what you are trying to show with your posts. Please feel free to elaborate your theory, I'm interested.

This is all pretty typical for a missing child case in which foul play or critical endangerment is suspected. The FBI Evidence Response Team's involvement is noteworthy. That doesn't happen on every case like this and suggests there's some challenging evidence.
Agree. Often we see a search scaled back at this point if there are not any concrete leads/evidence. We are not seeing this. Very encouraging. For me.

bbm

1) What better option? We'd have to assume because GS entered on the rear driver side that he'd have to exit from the same door. We have no clue as to what was purchased during the day, where the items were placed, etc.

2) Re: younger sister's car seat/booster. Have you seen a photo or video evidence of a booster seat located on the rear passenger side seat? Please link it.

3) Upon returning from the 'shopping trip' we witnessed SM back the vehicle on to the driveway, drive it forward and back it up again, clearly attempting to position the vehicle to a purposeful position. It could be she was ensuring good distance between the vehicles. After all, a driver would have to enter the front driver side door if they were to use the vehicle. We also not the rear doors on the truck are not full-size doors, they are shortened doors and do not require as much clearance as a 'normal' (for lack of a better description) sized door.

4) Regarding 'timing' of shadows, the photographer in me is responding here: it is not possible for those shadows (there is more than one) to be caused by SM's exiting the vehicle from the driver's door. I take in to account sources and directions of light, juxtaposition of the two vehicles, spacing between, etc. The average person typically is not aware of those elements. Such observations and accounting is second-nature for photographers.

5) Re: "four hours", who said SM hasn't answered that? We can be certain LE interrogated SM and SM may have given a complete accounting of those four hours. If you know otherwise I'd hope you fill us in.

Thanks!

Everything I wrote is my opinion, which was clear. I have an opinion and it may not match the opinion of others.

jmo = just my opinion

Would it be against the rules to have a list of topics that are not found in MSM and therefore cannot be discussed? I just keep wondering if we are continuously having these same warnings because the posts are being deleted and members don’t realize that it’s been addressed many, many times.

Thanks!

RSBM

"I caught Gannon getting into her vehicle at 10:13 Monday morning," Drayton said. He said the video shows the truck returning to the house at 2:19 p.m. but Gannon is nowhere to be seen. I just kept searching and I saw where she came back. And he didn’t get out of the vehicle. So she came back by herself about four hours later," Drayton said. Drayton says he showed the security footage for Gannon’s father on Sunday."He just broke down crying and said, 'she lied. She lied about the time. He didn’t go to a friend’s house,'" Drayton said."

A spokeswoman for the El Paso County Sheriff’s Department said investigators have a copy of the video and do not dispute Drayton’s description of what the footage purportedly shows. The video, they caution, is only one part of the investigation." Family of missing Colorado boy makes tearful plea after new surveillance video revealed

This has been posted so many times. LE does not dispute that the video they have, from the neighbor (not the one we've seen, the actual, full video, with audio) shows TS returning in the truck at 2:19pm alone. By herself. No Gannon. That's how it was described by the neighbor, that's what AS saw, that caused him to break down in tears and accuse TS of being a liar.

That's LE's version.
Take it or leave it.
I'm inclined to believe them.

ETA: additional thoughts and bolded what the neighbor said about TS returning home alone, and NOT seeing Gannon ever get out of the truck.

Last edited:
bbm
The video footage released was very very grainy. It was a recording of a recording on a television. The origanal recording, in possession of the police, is very high tech pixelation and can zoom in and has audio. They would be able to hear if 2 car doors open or close and people talking. The video footage (that people are attempting to see if he gets out via shadows) is the generic version of what the police have, and if they really believe that he got out the other side on that day they would say so. Instead they said he did not get out on the other side and that that was part of their evidence. And I'm more than sure they also have the video footage from other neighbors on the other side of the truck. And he doesn't have any other video footage of Gannon leaving his house since that Monday morning at 10:15 a.m.
LE hasn't said one way or the other.

If you are able to find the warrants or court evidence about phones from the Kelsey Berreth case you may be comforted about the kind of info they probably already have from the devices in this case. They’ll be able to see changes in patterns on Gannon’s phone that will be telling. They’ll know if the phone was taken away from him and content deleted. Or if his communication changed with his dad. They will know when all the family phones were together or apart. I think they probably already have a ton of valuable data.

That, and the timestamp of that google query will have a strong impact on LE's assembly of a timeline. I'm quite sure they're as smart as most of us here, and have way better access to information. This is going to be an interesting case when it is resolved.

I have been reluctant to post on here (although following) due to fear of opposition to the thoughts i have about the disappearance of GS.
(Also the trashing all over the internet of both the SM and BM is astounding. I find it repulsive.)

I am thankful we are not allowed to discuss social media posts here. I understand how angry many people are..i just don't understand the vileness.

My thoughts about SM. I believe her when she says she has looked after the children for the last 2 years. I don't believe her reason for this is totally accurate. jmo

I think there may have been an accident on the Sunday..and there-after possibly a cover-up.
I don't believe she wanted to purposely harm GS. jmo

TS..if you read this - I would say to you. If there was an accident..do the right thing. The truth will set you free..and there are those who will show you mercy if you tell the full truth.

SM's statement is deceptive..jmo. (post about this to follow)
Yes, I don't think there is any doubt that she took care of the children for the last two years. The problem is that she seems to be resentful about this as she also bashed Gannon's mother in the same breath.

Don't hesitate to post any theories you may have. Many posters think there may have been an accident and cover up. The truth is we just don't have all the facts so we don't know what happened.

If whatever happened was an accident, TS would be better off telling the truth rather than spending so much time and energy defending herself. She is just digging herself a deeper hole.

I have faith that LE will get to the bottom of it and we will soon learn the truth. I just wish that would mean Gannon is found safe but I can't imagine where he's been all this time.

Imo

Questions for folks with more experience following missing children cases - is this case typical of the amount of LE resources used? And do they usually share number of tips received, hours logged etc.? I’m curious if there’s anything different here.
Seems typical to me.

Local authorities - and sometimes volunteers - spend resources and time to find a missing child. They do often report how many hours, number of tips, number people working to find someone who needs to be found.

I don't find this response unusual.

(Always infuriating when someone knows where the missing person is but doesn't provide the info.)

jmopinion

"assume it was Gannon. (that exited the truck upon return) Then what is the next theory from there?"

I am having difficulty understanding what you are trying to show with your posts. Please feel free to elaborate your theory, I'm interested.

Those are not my words. You may have misdirected your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor