Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Something seems to be happening today. On my drive to the search area, I saw three different search teams at three different areas on 105 between Fox Farm Road and the staging area.

When I got to the search site, they had traffic stopped just north of the second curve if you’re heading north, north of the entrance to Sierra pines. They’re only letting traffic through in one lane all the way through the S curves. A lot of folks were standing by the side of the road sifting dirt/snow near where that weird fabric fence is.

I’m not caught up so apologies if this has already been reported by one of the TV crews.

It feels like something might break today.

I’m in Palmer lake now, about to head back through the search area. I’ll update again when I get home if I notice anything else that might be useful.

Thank you Siverheels!

This case is the first thing I look up when I wake up and the last thing before I go to bed. And throughout the day. On Twitter and Google and Reddit and here - about 20 saved links. Each day I wonder more and more if this will turn into a cold case and they'll find nothing, no evidence and no traces. Why *shouldn't* we worry about that - any evidence to the contrary?
After seeing the investigative work in previous CO cases, and the dearth of technology in the neighborhood, town, county, the truth is coming soon. My hope.

Hmm. Something seems to be happening today. On my drive to the search area, I saw three different search teams at three different areas on 105 between Fox Farm Road and the staging area.

When I got to the search site, they had traffic stopped just north of the second curve if you’re heading north, north of the entrance to Sierra pines. They’re only letting traffic through in one lane all the way through the S curves. A lot of folks were standing by the side of the road sifting dirt/snow near where that weird fabric fence is.

I’m not caught up so apologies if this has already been reported by one of the TV crews.

I’m in Palmer lake now, about to head back through the search area. I’ll update again when I get home if I notice anything else that might be useful.
Thank you, we appreciate it!

Sifting dirt.
A shell casing? A key? A tooth?
MOO Something or anything small.
Hoping they have found one of CS's.

ooh thank you - together with the news that this was a tip leaves me very hopeful. be safe

This could just be me but.... when I look at the photo of the garage, I don't see wood worker. I see a table saw and what appears to be pieces of wood on the floor near the door. I'm a navy brat and dad was an avid wood worker. He would die if he walked into his garage or work area and it looked as cluttered as this photo does. He had shelves and all his small wood tools were placed neatly in rows for accessibility. His larger ones were kept up high.

Imagine a vehicle in there. Can you see two people being able to maneuver in such a tight space?
This! Hubby has sooooo many tools for woodworking, and a shed they're stored in. We have a camera aimed at it, those are expensive "daddy toys"....

That's a valid point. I was referring to her being arrested for hindering an investigation. I think incarceration and isolation would do the trick.

IANAL but I believe that could open up a can of worms that might even jeopardize a conviction on more serious charges. If she were in custody she could argue some violation of her rights and that could matter at trial. A confession would not necessarily be a slam dunk anyways.

It may also be more helpful for investigators to just keep an eye on her during this time. Her actions and movements after he went missing are critical and likely continue to be of interest to investigators.

Sifting dirt.
A shell casing? A key? A tooth?
MOO Something or anything small.
Hoping they have found one of CS's.

Something small. How would they know it was there? What would key them in that an item small enough to sift for is in that spot. I'm wondering if Gannon had keys or something with a TILE on it and their getting a GPS hit, or if someone witnessed a small item tossed out a car window.

That gives me a bit of hope... Thanks again for your wonderful input here, makes a huge difference.

So I guess we're to assume this was called in and deemed to be credible?

Since the sheriff’s office received a tip, scores of people have searched 35 acres on private and public land in southern Douglas County beginning on Wednesday and continuing every day since then, she said.

Kirby declined to discuss the nature of the tip leading to the Douglas County search.

Gannon Stauch case: Search continues for missing 11-year-old boy in Douglas County
Yes, I doubt they would be spending so much time there if they didn't think it was a significant lead. Jmo

Sorry, I should have clarified my post. I meant as opposed to being a family member/potential POI/etc providing info.

This could just be me but.... when I look at the photo of the garage, I don't see wood worker. I see a table saw and what appears to be pieces of wood on the floor near the door. I'm a navy brat and dad was an avid wood worker. He would die if he walked into his garage or work area and it looked as cluttered as this photo does. He had shelves and all his small wood tools were placed neatly in rows for accessibility. His larger ones were kept up high.

Imagine a vehicle in there. Can you see two people being able to maneuver in such a tight space?

Agree. MOO see also a scroll saw arm, a good tool for kids.
Actually not hard to believe a kid ripped his foot in there.

Something small. How would they know it was there? What would key them in that an item small enough to sift for is in that spot. I'm wondering if Gannon had keys or something with a TILE on it and their getting a GPS hit, or if someone witnessed a small item tossed out a car window.
Have they been using metal detectors with those poles - I haven't gone back and looked at the pictures - I'm assuming a tip is a called in - sighting? but I suppose someone could have found something in this general area too? I'm feeling so anxious for him.
JMO

Since when does mainstream media news conduct an interview where they display only the back of the individual's head?
This is not a credible interview. How does anyone know that was actually the stepmother in that film?
As for the driveway film...
What's the status of the date stamp?

I've studied dozens of cases since my own loved one went missing many years ago.
I travelled to meet another heartbroken mom like myself.
Terrible things can happen; what I learned is how many thousands of parents like me suffer in silence.
This case stands out because it doesn't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member