Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm. Something seems to be happening today. On my drive to the search area, I saw three different search teams at three different areas on 105 between Fox Farm Road and the staging area.

When I got to the search site, they had traffic stopped just north of the second curve if you’re heading north, north of the entrance to Sierra pines. They’re only letting traffic through in one lane all the way through the S curves. A lot of folks were standing by the side of the road sifting dirt/snow near where that weird fabric fence is.

I’m not caught up so apologies if this has already been reported by one of the TV crews.

It feels like something might break today.

I’m in Palmer lake now, about to head back through the search area. I’ll update again when I get home if I notice anything else that might be useful.

Don't worry about the reporters and tv crews, you've been giving us quicker updates than any of them. Thank you.

So I guess we're to assume this was called in and deemed to be credible?

Gannon Stauch case: Search continues for missing 11-year-old boy in Douglas County

Sorry, I should have clarified my post. I meant as opposed to being a family member/potential POI/etc providing info.

JMO they got camera footage of the truck going into 105 but not passing the next camera wherever it is... Hence a box and they are going to turn over every corner in that box.
Then two days ago something at the access road next to Sierra Pines lane. FBI evidence team used a red spotlight on the road there or the gate itself.
Maybe Silverheels can tell us if that fabric or whatever it is on the gate has been taken down, I think it has been, by a photo I saw yestersay or today.

Something small. How would they know it was there? What would key them in that an item small enough to sift for is in that spot. I'm wondering if Gannon had keys or something with a TILE on it and their getting a GPS hit, or if someone witnessed a small item tossed out a car window.

This makes the most sense to me, I have thought from the beginning the search was for a device or piece of evidence...still pinging...whatever.
If it is connected to Gannon and this evidence along with the neighbors video, could be what they need for conviction. I am of the belief that the neighbors video is of much higher quality than anything we have seen.

That's a valid point. I was referring to her being arrested for hindering an investigation. I think incarceration and isolation would do the trick.

I respectfully disagree. Not everyone breaks down and confesses under pressure. Kyle Horman's stepmom never 'broke' and neither did Casey Anthony or Patrick Frazee, although keeping quiet didn't get help Frazee avoid justice - fortunately.

A couple thoughts on backing in a driveway. Sorry to bring up this old topic, but I am a little behind...

If we are parking outside in the winter, we make a habit of facing the windshield toward the sun so it can help melt snow or ice. I have not looked to see what direction the faces, but that could be one reason to back in the driveway.

If a driveway has an incline (many are graded this way for drainage away from the home) and you park up the incline, the weight of an open car door will cause it to close or fall against you. If you have small kids this could be a safety concern.

If you back up an incline, the doors will fall open and stay open. This makes it easier for loading and unloading and kids entering the vehicle without the door slamming closed on them.

Or it could just be for convenience. When you walk out to a vehicle parked facing the home you have to walk around to the car door. When you park facing away from the home, the car doors open away from the home. This little thing makes life easier when driveways are snowy or slippery.

I agree that the repositioning might be due to SM being flustered, but it might also be that she wanted to align the truck better for others to walk around it, etc. It was going to be there for a while. She may not have repositioned because the doors were easy to get to and they were leaving right away.

The interesting details for me would be how SM parked in the past. Did she often back into the driveway? Or park in the street but back in just before leaving? Did she park in the street the day before and the kids walked from the street to the home? Did she always reposition the vehicle a few times when parking? What was her typical behavior in the days and months before GS went missing?

Hoping today brings news. It looks like the precipitation won’t start until later tonight but the winds are gusty.

jmo
BBM- Our driveway is on an Incline- When we know we are supposed to be getting snow or ice storms, I back up the driveway so that when I leave in the morning, I wont be sliding down into the road.
It is also easier for me to back in driving up the incline when the driveway is snow covered.
I also will drive in backwards and park near the side door to unload groceries, etc or if I have kiddos and all of their bags, just for easier access.
But this is MY habit.
I am also curious as to what her parking habits were prior to Gannon going missing.

Since when does mainstream media news conduct an interview where they display only the back of the individual's head?
This is not a credible interview. How does anyone know that was actually the stepmother in that film?
As for the driveway film...
What's the status of the date stamp?

I've studied dozens of cases since my own loved one went missing many years ago.
I travelled to meet another heartbroken mom like myself.
Terrible things can happen; what I learned is how many thousands of parents like me suffer in silence.
This case stands out because it doesn't add up.
We discussed it all in the earlier threads which you are welcome to read.
We have no reason to believe it was an imposter.
ABC news interviewed RD and confirmed everything you ask.

A few more details....

The weather today is nice so far - high 30's and mostly sunny so that helps a lot.

The staging area was as full of cars as I've seen. I didn't see dogs or horses but they may very well be there.

By the time I headed back north, only two extra search teams were out. One was at a bridge on Noe Road just east of 105. There were a lot of searchers at this location, mostly on the south side of Noe Road. The other was on 105 at MM14, near Stone Canyon Outdoor Edventures, which is a cool place where 6th graders in the metro areas go for a week to learn outdoor skills. Gannon might have gone there next year. The searchers were on the east side of 105, searching at the bridge there as well as north and south of it a little ways.

I'll get busy catching up and make another drive down there this afternoon.

Agree. MOO see also a scroll saw arm, a good tool for kids.
Actually not hard to believe a kid ripped his foot in there.

I'm not sure. My dad had plenty of tools and we went barefoot a lot, but I can't think of many tools that would have cut me if I had stepped on them. A board with a nail, sure, but a handsaw or chisel lying on the floor? I'm skeptical.

It actually seems slightly odd to me that LS didn't mention what the boy stepped on. If I'd cut my foot, that's the first question my mom would have asked.

Spencer Wilson‏Verified account @Spencer_WNews
Media not allowed further up right now, but right behind this car crews are putting buckets of snow through a sifter as a part of the search for #GannonStauch. Looks like they are trying to find smaller pieces of evidence that could be clumped in the snow.

EQ_7jg-UUAM1VZP.jpg

10:49 AM - 17 Feb 2020 from Colorado, USA

Since when does mainstream media news conduct an interview where they display only the back of the individual's head?
This is not a credible interview. How does anyone know that was actually the stepmother in that film?
As for the driveway film...
What's the status of the date stamp?

I've studied dozens of cases since my own loved one went missing many years ago.
I travelled to meet another heartbroken mom like myself.
Terrible things can happen; what I learned is how many thousands of parents like me suffer in silence.
This case stands out because it doesn't add up.
Thank you for sharing your very personal story. I think you are a brave Mother/Woman. I am sure you’re bringing comfort to those who need it the most. I am sorry for your loss and the terrible situation to which you speak.

Hmm. Something seems to be happening today. On my drive to the search area, I saw three different search teams at three different areas on 105 between Fox Farm Road and the staging area.

When I got to the search site, they had traffic stopped just north of the second curve if you’re heading north, north of the entrance to Sierra pines. They’re only letting traffic through in one lane all the way through the S curves. A lot of folks were standing by the side of the road sifting dirt/snow near where that weird fabric fence is.

I’m not caught up so apologies if this has already been reported by one of the TV crews.

It feels like something might break today.

I’m in Palmer lake now, about to head back through the search area. I’ll update again when I get home if I notice anything else that might be useful.

A lot of folks were standing by the side of the road sifting dirt/snow near where that weird fabric fence is.

You mean the barrier we were told is a gate is made of fabric? Thanks for any help you can give for this odd question.

I'm concerned that GS hasn't been found yet.

This current search reminds me a lot of the Kelsey Berreth landfill search that went on for weeks and weeks.

We all know how that one ended.

If they don't find GS by the end of this week, then I think Dan May is going to start weighing whether or not LE has strong enough evidence in hand to bring charges sans a body.

Based on what we know, I'm dubious.

They need to find Gannon.

JMO.

This is exactly what I've been thinking since last night. No updates and wondering about today's search. I'm worried. Afraid he won't be found. I'm so hoping for something today, anything that gets closer to finding Gannon. Please let him be found.

Ashley Franco‏Verified account @AshleyKKTV
I’ve seen a lot of post circulating about “privacy barriers” being put up in the search for #GannonStauch. What you’re seeing is the gate to a property nearby. We have a ton of video of this gate, as it is right nearby the search area. There have not been any barriers put up.

EQ3_2NEUUAErp8i.jpg

9:50 PM - 15 Feb 2020

Locals: I thank you again for your updates.

@Trackergd : I'm glad you are here to give us your input. I remember your suggestions from the Kevin Rudnicki search.

Found Deceased - CO - Kevin Rudnicki, 20, hiker, Mount Herman, Pike National Forest, 3 Sep 2018
Kevin's case was a heartbreaking case for us in the area. Along with Tim Watkin's murder, it just set a tone over Mt Herman that I haven't been back. Too much sadness there for me. I just go on other trails.

A few more details....

The weather today is nice so far - high 30's and mostly sunny so that helps a lot.

The staging area was as full of cars as I've seen. I didn't see dogs or horses but they may very well be there.

By the time I headed back north, only two extra search teams were out. One was at a bridge on Noe Road just east of 105. There were a lot of searchers at this location, mostly on the south side of Noe Road. The other was on 105 at MM14, near Stone Canyon Outdoor Edventures, which is a cool place where 6th graders in the metro areas go for a week to learn outdoor skills. Gannon might have gone there next year. The searchers were on the east side of 105, searching at the bridge there as well as north and south of it a little ways.

I'll get busy catching up and make another drive down there this afternoon.

BBM

I was actually wondering about Stone Canyon Outdoor Edventures and did some research on it last week. I wonder if that's the connection to this area? Perhaps they had been scouting it recently?

Thank you for your live reporting - it's very valuable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member