Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a hunter and have participated in many tracking activities with other hunters in my area that lose a deer. A lot of times, a deer will immediately get easy access by ravens and opposuums, which don't do much damage. Larger animals come along later that can get at other parts, but there is still plenty of carcass left - it would definitely not be in lots of little pieces requiring a sifter no matter what the animal that comes along. Sorry to be so morbid, I really hope Gannon is not in that state (still holding a semblance of hope he's alive regardless), my point is just speculating animals may have done something to the point of needing sifters is not possible.

Agreed. On my land in Utah, a diseased or wounded mule deer would drop. Overnight, the coyotes/foxes would eat most. By morning, the skeleton and hide were largely intact, except for hind legs.

By evening, the clusters of ravens ate much.

By the second night, most of the meat was gone. But the basic skeletal structure of head, antlers, ribs, and pelvis were still left for weeks. Legs were only carried a bit and hooves left. No sifting required.

The way social media is now, IF officers had their weapons drawn and were threatening to shoot a woman, in the company of her teenaged kid, in a public place such as a Marshall's department store... do we honestly think no one would have taken a pic and posted about it before they were even out of the store?

The way TS described this, she did make it sound like it was a scene... which is exactly why I don't believe her. She was no threat to the officers, so there would have been no reason for them to use such a drastic show of force, like drawing a weapon or a threatening verbal warning. I remain convinced she is entirely full of crap.
Exactly, I was at Ohare airport in Chicago one time when a cab stopped abruptly in the drop off area and the driver and passenger were arguing and took it up outside the car, they hadn't even gotten to the point of a physical fight when at least twenty or so people were gathered and watching with thier cell phones held high recording.

Going back a ways. I don’t see any good reason why she took the trouble to move the truck at all before she left. It was parked right there on the street, why not just have Gannon walk out to the truck where it was? Because I think she was hiding something, like the three reasons stated above.
~
Gate... key... blood... I think she was trying to be clever and she ended up telling on herself. I think they’re sifting for blood in the snow. Is her truck paid off? If she still had payments left the dealership would have put a GPS tracker on it. Maybe that and cell phone info (if she didn’t hide it at Petco and pick it up on the way back and made no other trips), showed her stopping there for a suspicious amount of time. If it’s a gated community, how did she get in? Who does she know up there?

We'll probably never know for sure but she left the opposite way and carried a load out before GS got in. Just from a purely lazy aspect, knowing you have to go back for more and turn around eventually anyway, why not just go back the truck in while you're out there? All steps lead to her backing in as the path of least resistance to leaving the neighborhood with the fewest physical steps of exertion. IMO, the backing in thing is not anything major to look into.

I respectfully disagree. Growing up in a remote area in the mountain West, I’ve seen predators/scavengers reduce an animal carcass to almost nothing in a couple of days. Not uncommon for bones to be carried off. Carnivores/birds are often more dependent on scavenging in the winter in the absence of very large populations of elk and deer.

Agree. There are deer remains on my property that I recently monitored ( due to my goat herd's proximity) being greatly reduced and dismembered within 24 hours mainly by vultures during the day. During the night it was probably coyote, racoon, bobcat; a wide range of possibilities. Someday, I'll invest in a camera.

Regarding today's search, and some possibilities:
Maybe they are searching for a battery, a key, medication, contacts, sim cards (not sure if they are necessary anymore?) .. so many different items are possible.. so many.

Regarding today's search, and some possibilities:
Maybe they are searching for a battery, a key, medication, contacts, sim cards (not sure if they are necessary anymore?) .. so many different items are possible.. so many.
Whatever it is, it’s important. Very important.

It’s one thing to search an area and leave. It’s another thing entirely to remain there, essentially searching the same area over and over.

Digging, sifting, marking; its telling.

Lol, I saw that mower and thought "I can't be seeing a mower hanging on the wall". BUT, I didnt comment on it because its winter and likely up there for storage rather than a regular placement. I hang a lot of heavy stuff out of the way over winter, and despite the looks, its probably pretty secure.

Only 4-5 months of mowing around here. Less if you don't water much ;) , and it is expensive to water a lawn here! Also, I believe it was stated that this is a rented home. Some local landlords/property management companies actually provide an inexpensive lawn mower and a shovel with the property to help encourage appropriate maintenance.

I considered baseball bat actually.
That was my thought as well. While I do not believe that LS is of superior intellect, most people know that guns are usually registered and traceable through forensics... she'd have to be a complete moron to use a firearm belonging to AS or herself... but then again...
MOO

Hmm. Something seems to be happening today. On my drive to the search area, I saw three different search teams at three different areas on 105 between Fox Farm Road and the staging area.

When I got to the search site, they had traffic stopped just north of the second curve if you’re heading north, north of the entrance to Sierra pines. They’re only letting traffic through in one lane all the way through the S curves. A lot of folks were standing by the side of the road sifting dirt/snow near where that weird fabric fence is.

I’m not caught up so apologies if this has already been reported by one of the TV crews.

It feels like something might break today.

I’m in Palmer lake now, about to head back through the search area. I’ll update again when I get home if I notice anything else that might be useful.
Thank you so much, @Silverheels !

That was my thought as well. While I do not believe that LS is of superior intellect, most people know that guns are usually registered and traceable through forensics... she'd have to be a complete moron to use a firearm belonging to AS or herself... but then again...
MOO

I could be wrong, but i dont believe guns have to be registered in the state of Colorado

Hmm. Something seems to be happening today. On my drive to the search area, I saw three different search teams at three different areas on 105 between Fox Farm Road and the staging area.

When I got to the search site, they had traffic stopped just north of the second curve if you’re heading north, north of the entrance to Sierra pines. They’re only letting traffic through in one lane all the way through the S curves. A lot of folks were standing by the side of the road sifting dirt/snow near where that weird fabric fence is.

I’m not caught up so apologies if this has already been reported by one of the TV crews.

It feels like something might break today.

I’m in Palmer lake now, about to head back through the search area. I’ll update again when I get home if I notice anything else that might be useful.

There is an at&t cell tower not too far from fox farms & 105.
AT&T Cell Towers in the United States - Google My Maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member