Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even with scavengers, there would still be a lot to find. It’s been 3 weeks, not 3 years.

Plus it’s cold, and his body was likely covered in snow for a period of time.

And likely still be covered...and scattered over a large area. Actually could even be partially buried by a scavenger and then covered in snow; just speculation. JMO

Even with scavengers, there would still be a lot to find. It’s been 3 weeks, not 3 years.

Plus it’s cold, and his body was likely covered in snow for a period of time.

I respectfully disagree. Growing up in a remote area in the mountain West, I’ve seen predators/scavengers reduce an animal carcass to almost nothing in a couple of days. Not uncommon for bones to be carried off. Carnivores/birds are often more dependent on scavenging in the winter in the absence of very large populations of elk and deer.

I am a veteran metal detectorist. If my machine hit on something in the snow, or under the snow, I'd be able to retrieve it right then and there, without any sifting at all.

In fact, I could pretty much tell you if it was a quarter, dime, or nickle, a gold ring, or a piece of lead. Wouldn't matter if 2 feet of snow was on top.
Interesting.
MOO lookong for clothing owth no metal, and sadly remains of some type then.

OMG, please don’t shut us down, we’ll stop bickering.

Ha I have lurked here since at least the Laci case, AJ and many others, I was never motivated to register until some of today's exchanges. It is an understandingly frustrating time of the case but the patience and acceptance of the sometimes tangentially challenged and intellectually obtuse theories normally accepted or at least passed by, seems to be less apparent. Ha!

But I especially wanted to thank the local sleuthers providing such great insight and time. Wish Sam was around on this one too.

To seperate bits of hard material, hopefully with some evidence from the icy snow granules.

Its a screen in the bottom of a box, like a garden soil sifting screen.
The screen box is up on a frame holding it horizontally to dump a bucket of material on it, to let the searcher work the snow down and away through the mesh leaving harder items to review. You can see a couple of them in the drive by video, they are painted white, about 3 ft tall.
I didn’t see your edited comments before. Thank you. This sounds like a general sifter that happens to be being called a snow sifter at the moment but is likely used for all sorts of things throughout the year,

A switch doesn’t really record things and it doesn’t have a default camera, so honestly the only reason I could come up with for her chucking it would be to further the runaway narrative.
Yeah, I agree. We’ve seen that behavior before. I recall a case not too long ago, where a parent packed a backpack and put things like juice and pudding in it so they could claim “he packed a bag, and brought food and drink with him. He obviously ran away.”

The only issue here is that the only effort at building a false narrative appears to be that alleged Google search. But just because we haven’t heard about a missing Switch, doesn’t mean law enforcement hasn’t.

I very much hate to return to The Garage Discussion... but this caught my eye. Has anyone ever hung up their lawn mower with the mower blade facing OUT? In this picture (and in several others in the photo album, but less visible) 2/3/20 CSI in the Stauch garage , the Stauch's mower is hanging on the back wall of the garage by the back interior door with the blade facing out.
Possible that the CSI folks took it down and then put it back the wrong way?
OSHA would have a field day in that garage apparently. Safety last... :eek:

Ha I have lurked here since at least the Laci case, AJ and many others, I was never motivated to register until some of today's exchanges. It is an understandingly frustrating time of the case but the patience and acceptance of the sometimes tangentially challenged and intellectually obtuse theories normally accepted or at least passed by, seems to be less apparent. Ha!

But I especially wanted to thank the local sleuthers providing such great insight and time. Wish Sam was around on this one too.
@SuperSloth(Sp?) Welcome to WS! Nice to see you posting! :)

I did a Google search too, but I kept coming up with yellow flags for utility lines.

This reporter noted the yellow flags being put out, so I am leaning towards them being recently placed.

Yes, but I mean outside of a situation like this, when would a snow sifter be used? I tried to google it and found sifting shovels. I’m guessing this sifter is large? And it must be for sifting things other than snow? Because I’ve never once thought there might be a general day to day reason anyone would need to sift snow. I’m just trying to understand the contraption.

I think the snow sifters are the white tables in the photo attached. I don't know anything about them, but I would imagine they are also used when dirt or sand need to be sifted for evidence as well.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 97

Welcome to WS - I miss Sam too! He actually answered my tweets and FB messages - he was invested in Kelseys case and seeing it through to conviction and sentencing IMO. He was one of us...
JMO

I'm a hunter and have participated in many tracking activities with other hunters in my area that lose a deer. A lot of times, a deer will immediately get easy access by ravens and opposuums, which don't do much damage. Larger animals come along later that can get at other parts, but there is still plenty of carcass left - it would definitely not be in lots of little pieces requiring a sifter no matter what the animal that comes along. Sorry to be so morbid, I really hope Gannon is not in that state (still holding a semblance of hope he's alive regardless), my point is just speculating animals may have done something to the point of needing sifters is not possible.
Yeah, that’s the point I was trying to make. You’re not dealing with piranhas here.

The sifting would be for something else, like physical evidence.

I respectfully disagree. Growing up in a remote area in the mountain West, I’ve seen predators/scavengers reduce an animal carcass to almost nothing in a couple of days. Not uncommon for bones to be carried off. Carnivores/birds are often more dependent on scavenging in the winter in the absence of very large populations of elk and deer.
While hiking I have come across complete bone remains of deer and other animals without a shred of fur or meat left, that wasn't in that same place just a few months earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
f48567899