Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why sifting thru snow if his disappearance happened when there was little to no snow on the ground? Maybe someone in the area knows what the cover was like that weekend. Anyway, this is completely MOO, but what if someone was taken completely by suprise that they were considered to be a suspect after assuming anyone would just believe them without question? If that person was actually responsible and had not fully covered tracks in anticipating the heat, maybe they decided a good time to dump evidence not previously disposed of was a couple days later after snowfall, but on that trip they forgot to leave the phone at home, being focused much more on the dumping of evidence and bruised ego.
Because we had tons of snow immediately after (by Wednesday I think if I remember correctly) and since. I think 2 feet accumulation in that area.
Just speculating tho, that would mean evidence dropped day of would be under the snow, but evidence dropped says later would be in the midst of it..
More than likely. I remember thinking that we had been a while without snow so, if that memory is correct, then the ground would have been bare at the time of GS disappearance. Since then we've had snowfall upon snowfall and several days of bitter cold temps.

If an object was discarded on the side of the road, then it snowed and those roads were plowed, that item/items could easily be swept into a snowbank or scattered around. It’s extremely likely in this case that whatever they are finding right now has been shoved around or shifted with snowfall, plows, traffic, etc...

Ah, that would make sense if something was discarded before snow and plowed into the side of the road.

Same. I used to hike up there with my kids and grandkids, and even by myself. Never again. The stories that came out about the homeless people that camped out there that were violent, I had no idea. I guess I am naïve.
That’s a bummer, I’ve heard that from someone else today, it wigs them out.

Because we had tons of snow immediately after (by Wednesday I think if I remember correctly) and since. I think 2 feet accumulation in that area.

More than likely. I remember thinking that we had been a while without snow so, if that memory is correct, then the ground would have been bare at the time of GS disappearance. Since then we've had snowfall upon snowfall and several days of bitter cold temps.

Thanks, nice to get such quick replies from locals - keeps wondering hypotheses at bay!

I just saw that along with this--
Spencer Wilson‏Verified account @Spencer_WNews 1h1 hour ago
Media not allowed further up right now, but right behind this car crews are putting buckets of snow through a sifter as a part of the search for #GannonStauch. Looks like they are trying to find smaller pieces of evidence that could be clumped in the snow.pic.twitter.com/EEwZAWWuk3
EQ_7jg-UUAM1VZP.jpg
I wonder what a snow sifter looks like (I can’t really see here) and why one would exist. How often would anyone need to sift snow?

I think LE's working furiously in that area today in an effort to get out ahead of the weather front moving in…
I think this is about trying to beat the next snowfall more than anything else.

The flurry of LE activity is an effort to beat the flurry of powder that's forecast to be headed that way.

LE's battling both the clock, and Mother Nature, right now.

Unfortunately, both of those foes are intractable.

It's all hands on deck.

JMO.
Hopefully more than a hurry up before the snow front.
Late afternoon Friday searchers zeroed in on that access road ith a covered gated between two berma 90ft north of Sierra Pines Lane. Two FBI techs fully suited in their gray "hazmat" evidence retention suits were there and using a red spotlight light.
So hopefully it is yielding something.
MOO Red light seems to be for gunshot residue, teeth, bone and don't know what else.
Good luck search team.
Does it look like a lot of yellow flags marking the spot in this one particular area?
Why sifting thru snow if his disappearance happened when there was little to no snow on the ground? Maybe someone in the area knows what the cover was like that weekend. Anyway, this is completely MOO, but what if someone was taken completely by suprise that they were considered to be a suspect after assuming anyone would just believe them without question? If that person was actually responsible and had not fully covered tracks in anticipating the heat, maybe they decided a good time to dump evidence not previously disposed of was a couple days later after snowfall, but on that trip they forgot to leave the phone at home, being focused much more on the dumping of evidence and bruised ego.
There was snow on the ground 1/27/20, shallow left overs, deeper in shadows and the roadsides. If evidence was on or in that layer and then it snowed the evidence would then be down stuck in the ground layer of snow. MOO evidence maybe even frozen to chunks of snowy dirt or gravel.
Thorough and professional. Kudos to EPSO FBI and all.

Last edited:
How would Gannon be reduced to mere human tissue and bone fragments in such a short time?

Vultures, Coyote, Racoon, Bear, Lion: A partial list.

This happened recently with a missing person. The clothing and the contents of pockets were found several hundred feet from the scattered human remains.

Last edited:
Yes, and when he didn't return home from this supposed friends house. The first thing LS would have done is called him on his phone. There should be at least two or three calls and at the very least two or three texts saying where are you it's time for you to come home. If there's not does a huge red flags.

Besides once she called the first time and realized the phone was there. Doesn't it stand to reason you take that phone you look through it you find his friends and you call them all. If that wasn't done there's more red flags.
Really good point, I’d blow up the phone, haha

Yes, it looks that way to me and that's why I am wondering if a metal detector did indicate something in those areas. Something indicated something in those areas. IMO

I am a veteran metal detectorist. If my machine hit on something in the snow, or under the snow, I'd be able to retrieve it right then and there, without any sifting at all.

In fact, I could pretty much tell you if it was a quarter, dime, or nickle, a gold ring, or a piece of lead. Wouldn't matter if 2 feet of snow was on top.

I wonder what a snow sifter looks like (I can’t really see here) and why one would exist. How often would anyone need to sift snow?
To seperate bits of hard material, hopefully with some evidence from the icy snow granules.

Its a screen in the bottom of a box, like a garden soil sifting screen.
The screen box is up on a frame holding it horizontally to dump a bucket of material on it, to let the searcher work the snow down and away through the mesh leaving harder items to review. You can see a couple of them in the drive by video, they are painted white, about 3 ft tall.

Last edited:
I am a veteran metal detectorist. If my machine hit on something in the snow, or under the snow, I'd be able to retrieve it right then and there, without any sifting at all.

In fact, I could tell you if it was a quarter, dime, or nickle, a gold ring, or a piece of lead. Wouldn't matter if 2 feet of snow was on top.

Maybe they found the metal bits and are now looking for the non-metal bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487