Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is safe to say that they have found something by now, or the evidence is incredibly specific to that limited area.

Thanks for sharing - I just noticed there are even more of the little yellow flags in the background running along that fence. I believe you're right, looks like something important is in this area.

I don’t want to say this but we have a large presence of mountain lions, bobcats, coyotes, foxes, scavenger birds and they can reduce a deer carcass to bones in short order. I doubt this is the case because I think the animal activity might have been noticed (we always know when a deer has died on our property because of the birds).

I’m hoping they’re sifting for other types of evidence.

MOO

Yes. Perhaps scavenger activity was a tip.

If an object was discarded on the side of the road, then it snowed and those roads were plowed, that item/items could easily be swept into a snowbank or scattered around. It’s extremely likely in this case that whatever they are finding right now has been shoved around or shifted with snowfall, plows, traffic, etc...

Why sifting thru snow if his disappearance happened when there was little to no snow on the ground? Maybe someone in the area knows what the cover was like that weekend. Anyway, this is completely MOO, but what if someone was taken completely by suprise that they were considered to be a suspect after assuming anyone would just believe them without question? If that person was actually responsible and had not fully covered tracks in anticipating the heat, maybe they decided a good time to dump evidence not previously disposed of was a couple days later after snowfall, but on that trip they forgot to leave the phone at home, being focused much more on the dumping of evidence and bruised ego.

They have to sift the snow because it covers whatever is on the ground. So to sift what’s on the ground, they pick up the dirt along with the snow on top of it.

That's what I'm wondering - google shows me that there are actually evidence flags out there - not sure how commonly they are used.
I live in a downtown neighborhood that had quite a bit of gang violence when we first moved in. We used to see these flags to mark the locations of bullet casings or bullets all the time. So my extrapolation is that they're commonly used. I think the flags in the picture likely mark the locations of where they found items of interest that they are now examining/investigating/testing.

Hopefully more than that.
Late afternoon Friday searchers zeroed in on that access road ith a covered gated between two berma 90ft north of Sierra Pines Lane. Two FBI techs fully suited in their gray "hazmat" evidence retention suits were there and using a red spotlight light.
So hopefully it is yielding something.
MOO Red light seems to be for gunshot residue, teeth, bone and don't know what else.
Good luck search team.
Casings, the weapon, IMO and I must leave it at that per rules.

Hopefully more than that.
Late afternoon Friday searchers zeroed in on that access road ith a covered gated between two berma 90ft north of Sierra Pines Lane. Two FBI techs fully suited in their gray "hazmat" evidence retention suits were there and using a red spotlight light.
So hopefully it is yielding something.
MOO Red light seems to be for gunshot residue, teeth, bone and don't know what else.
Good luck search team.
Duplicate

Last edited:
Definitely. Several times. We’ve had quite a few 4+ inch snows since then.
Searchers had the road carefully plowed on IIRC Friday.
3 miles of road.
I think they have camera in two places on 105, first saw truck go past, but not the next one.
And then one week of good weather to shake the box.

I sure hope so. All that hard work, just to watch it get buried beneath the snow again...hoping they put up tents. Though that will get the rumor mills running like crazy as well. Prepare for a firestorm of craziness either way.
I hope so much this is something big to bring Gannon home.

Thanks, @perception≠reality !

As you say "All that hard work, just to watch it get buried beneath the snow again..."
I agree, I can't see them not covering that area to protect it.

Unless there is a blizzard or whiteout, I can see them using a tent/tarp/canopy to enable them to continue working. Depends, of course, if it is "light snow falling for hours" or a blizzard which wouldn't be safe for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member