Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and I forgot to mention in my last post about collapible shovels - the interview of SM that was filmed from behind... I'm still not sure if we are seeing part of her shirt or a bandaid/bandage on her left hand. I know I get blisters every single time I use a shovel.

I need to rewatch clips of her and see if I can tell if she is either right or left handed.

They can be personalized to a child . They can take photos.. and there can also be online accounts associated with them.
They have capabilities similar to a cell phone.
There may also be DNA ..saliva.. skin.. etc.

Just a quick note - that the switch does not have GPS nor cellular data capabilities built into the box.

I am flagging my own post as I feel like discussion of the switch has taken on its own life but I do not believe we have any facts except that it is known Gannon has one and we have no idea if it is currently accounted for or not?

On a different note - it could be helpful to make a list of things that are rumor versus MSM as new people join. I haven't followed SM much, but here are a few areas I know are discussed there but are NOT fact released in MSM anywhere (so far) and to my understanding, should not be directly discussed:

1- Discussion of where TS was on Monday in between the 10-2 timestamps of departure/arrival home, from the neighbor's camera, specifically any locations where she may or may not have run errands.
2- What items TS (and potentially GS) brought along - although we can discuss theories about phones or what she can be seen loading.
3- Video that was leaked purported to be from TS phone during the critical timeline.

I believe the only real possibility given the timeframe since the disappearance is an object, not remains. Only something like a wood chipper could lead to sifting for remains after only 20 days. (Please don’t run with this, literally nothing points to this. Nothing.)

Whatever they are looking for must be pivotal, or at least of high importance for the case, given the time spent in this location.

I sadly wish they weren’t sifting. I wish they were still using big tools and dogs, finding Gannon.

Agreed. On my land in Utah, a diseased or wounded mule deer would drop. Overnight, the coyotes/foxes would eat most. By morning, the skeleton and hide were largely intact, except for hind legs.

By evening, the clusters of ravens ate much.

By the second night, most of the meat was gone. But the basic skeletal structure of head, antlers, ribs, and pelvis were still left for weeks. Legs were only carried a bit and hooves left. No sifting required.

--The position of the yellow flags may follow the direction of the evidence. They move from the edge of the road in the ditch onto the property and around the large pine tree. You could draw the conclusion that someone was pushed out of a vehicle and crawled along that marked line. Or someone was dragged from the road to around the pine tree. I can't see how anything thrown from a moving vehicle would travel along the [relatively] straight line of the flags.
--Also, here in Ohio, we have tall poles with reflective tips stuck in the ground next to hydrants, etc., on the roadside to alert snowplows to go around the obstacle. I'd agree that the yellow flags are there to mark evidence as well as to remain visible when there's more snow accumulation.
~moo~

I just googled it, and you are correct. And I LIVE here.
Hanging my head in shame for the rest of the day... good to know, though :p

I just learned a few weeks ago some states dont require it, recently when my sister was killed. I always thought all states required it and I think all states should require it for certain circumstances like this

:(:(:(:(:(
Whatever it is, it’s important. Very important.

It’s one thing to search an area and leave. It’s another thing entirely to remain there, essentially searching the same area over and over.

Digging, sifting, marking; its telling.

And I don’t know where they got their tipfrom but they have been at this location for a long time. They know something don’t they?

Last edited by a moderator:
I respectfully disagree. Growing up in a remote area in the mountain West, I’ve seen predators/scavengers reduce an animal carcass to almost nothing in a couple of days. Not uncommon for bones to be carried off. Carnivores/birds are often more dependent on scavenging in the winter in the absence of very large populations of elk and deer.

Just to wile away the time, I'm reading that there's been a sharp drop in scavenging birds in the last two years (like 50% in many places). Not a lot of scavenging animals left near Colorado Springs, especially in areas that are fenced (like this one) and have humans regularly about.

Still possible of course. Not disputing that, just not as likely as it used to be. The man missing in a remote area of the San Bernardino mountains is still covered with snow, apparently. At least, he's not been found (there's usually eventual evidence of scavenging if the person is near a trail...or in a flat relatively unwooded space - as this area seems to be).

Oh and I forgot to mention in my last post about collapible shovels - the interview of SM that was filmed from behind... I'm still not sure if we are seeing part of her shirt or a bandaid/bandage on her left hand. I know I get blisters every single time I use a shovel.

I need to rewatch clips of her and see if I can tell if she is either right or left handed.
Yeah, we discussed this at the time. I was of the opinion that it could have been caused by a shovel too.

I don’t think we ever determined if she is left or right handed, but the blister should be on her dominant hand.

If she’s a lefty, that means a lot.

Whatever it is, it’s important. Very important.

It’s one thing to search an area and leave. It’s another thing entirely to remain there, essentially searching the same area over and over.

Digging, sifting, marking; its telling.

--It does seem to be a logical search: from large area sweeps to increasingly smaller areas, and from larger shovel-size investigations, to smaller items requiring the sieving frame. Comparable items would be the frame that gold miners use for hand-panning, or archaeologists for sifting soil.
--Also, just because they're using the sieves doesn't mean they didn't find larger items; I'd guess larger bits suggested smaller bits are going to be there as well.
Edited to moo

Hmmm. That area was obscured by SUVs and people and I didn’t notice this morning. It was still up on my late afternoon run yesterday and I’m pretty sure it was up when I was there after dark last night.

I’ll try to find out when I’m down there later today.

Thanks so much for these updates! It is a little beacon of light to know that people are working so hard for Gannon.
If you don't mind answering, would you say that this road has a lot of random litter along it? I am concerned that during a thorough search like we are witnessing, *everything* has to be collected and inventoried until they know it is not pertinent. I am just curious if this stretch of road tends to be an area with a lot of littering :(

I do agree with all the others, something has led LE here and I really, really hope they find what they need here to move forward and find Gannon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop