Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived at the 4200 South block of Perry Park Rd, just moments away from the search area (same side of the road as the search area). I'll say, this is surreal to imagine this in my own front yard.

There are a few members asking about the location, and I'll share my best description of this unique landscape. The search is on the east side of the road, on the west side of the road is a mountain range. There is a rough mountain road entrance ,rampart range road, which has basically zero cell service, and is a popular 4x4 and hiking area. On the east side of the road, past the search area is a large geographical mesa (plateau), with very steep and heavily wooded terrain... the soil is easily erroded with heavy rains and snow melt. There are mountain lions in the area.

And there are several luxurious homes, which have gates and cameras. My home had a guard house and 24/7 security monitoring, and this was 12 years ago. I can almost certainly guarantee there is video footage that supported the search location.

Welcome, @MrsDawson. Your local perspective is greatly appreciated. It's not every day we have "a front porch view" of an area being searched. It is so reassuring to know there may be several surveillance systems in the area that may have recorded valuable information. We're glad to have you here with us and hope you will continue to join in the conversations.

Earlier there was talk of the family having an ATV. Could she have thrown the ATV in the back of the truck and taken him up into the more remote area?

Is there something they are searching for that would be evidence of her grabbing the ATV and loading it up for the ride?
I don’t think an ATV. I was thinking more of another evidence disposal site. I thought that’s why it was another search site. Nearby but not too far away .

Nothing excludes that possibility. The only thing that gives me pause is that I think they would have had this information quite a while ago.

So I would have expected a search at an earlier date.
What if she had a different cell phone with her? Maybe she left hers at home or somewhere and took a different one----a burner or her teen's, or ?

I looked at GS's official missing poster again and it's essentially limited to the clothes on his back. Nothing about a medical alert bracelet, orthodontia -- popular at age 11. I know there have been numerous rumors but was it confirmed in MSM that GS left the house without his cell phone (or no phone discovered at the house). I'm only recalling the story that he allegedly looked up “Can my parents find me if my phone is off?” which was SM's basis for reporting him as a runaway.

What if she had a different cell phone with her? Maybe she left hers at home or somewhere and took a different one----a burner or her teen's, or ?

It would be wonderful if she was that stupid. I wouldn’t put it past her, and I do hope that’s the case.

Even a burner can be tracked if law enforcement is able to ascertain the number.

I'm fairly new to this case because my (soon to be) mother-in-law lost her battle with cancer on January 30, and then I was busy trying to stay caught up with the Faye Swetlik case in my home state last week. So I was super surprised to find a local news article on the media thread today and subsequently learn that Gannon's bio mom and grandparents are from Loris, SC (which is in Horry County)! I live in Horry County! We even have a few mutual friends on FB.
Cue music: It's a Small World After All
I even remember getting a news notification about a vigil being held Loris for a missing child who lived in Colorado but never put the two cases together until now.

I also read a few things in the articles that really stood out to me. They seem important to me, but I haven't been discussed all that much (or that I've seen anyway). The biggest thing was the fact that the DA was at the Stauch home with detectives and the crime lab. EPSO attempted to downplay his visit and as if it didn't really mean anything... but I think that's BS. If the DA made routine visits to every home involved in an investigation, he'd never have time to do anything else. His presence is huge in my opinion.

I didn't know K9s could be trained to detect electronic devices until today either. That is truly amazing. The fact that several dogs were spotted at the home by neighbors and also seen at the search site leads me to believe they are likely the key to the dogged search (pun intended) in that specific area.

I know they stated they had other searches going on, but haven't really heard of where. I'm interested in those others....

The other locations were (1) just south of Fox Farm Road along 105; (2) just east of 105 on Noe Road at a ravine; and (3) on 105 near the turn to Stone Canyon Edventure Center . These were the sites I saw when I drove to the search area around 11 am and they weren’t there when I was back around 4 pm. There may have been other sites that weren’t on the route I drove.

I’m wondering what pointed them in that direction at this point in the search.

If LS was being honest and the police really did pull her and her daughter over at Marshall’s, I would think that implies they were tailing her? How else would they know where she was? If that’s the case, perhaps she and the daughter had made a trip up that way and the officer following them observed something being tossed out the passenger side window? Maybe that was why they so urgently wanted to confiscate the vehicle?

Just speculation, and probably a stretch, but I’ve got nothing else.

The other locations were (1) just south of Fox Farm Road along 105; (2) just east of 105 on Noe Road at a ravine; and (3) on 105 near the turn to Stone Canyon Edventure Center . These were the sites I saw when I drove to the search area around 11 am and they weren’t there when I was back around 4 pm. There may have been other sites that weren’t on the route I drove.

I’m wondering what pointed them in that direction at this point in the search.

And these locations are north of the infamous fabric gate location? And were most of the searches on the west side of the road? Just trying to get a feel for travel...I’m in CA lol and know nothing of the area!

If LS was being honest and the police really did pull her and her daughter over at Marshall’s, I would think that implies they were tailing her? How else would they know where she was? If that’s the case, perhaps she and the daughter had made a trip up that way and the officer following them observed something being tossed out the passenger side window? Maybe that was why they so urgently wanted to confiscate the vehicle?

I'd expect, given the subject of this case and noting the DA visited the Stauch home that LE had obtained warrant(s), one of which maybe to allow tracking of SM's cell phone.

I think the most likely scenario is that law enforcement was waiting on a warrant, and was keeping an eye on her until it was approved.

Once that happened, they were able to make their move.

I imagine she didn’t do herself any favors during her police interview, and information developed from that may have given them probable cause (for search warrants).

It’s one thing to lie to your family and friends, but another thing to tell a probable lie to the police.

Whoops.

G'morning all :) Here for Gannon and justice
Woke up to find more posts than ever to catch up with and still have not yet managed to read all of them so this may have already been answered, if so just ignore me as I'll come across it soon!
My question is this...There is alot of chatter and I too had thought about it, that is the fact they may be looking for some kind of evidence related to a burner phone. I can't think of a scenario where she would need one unless there was another potential person involved with Gannon's dissapearence which as nice as that would be as it could suggest he is still alive somewhere maybe, I'm not sure this feasable (please god let me be wrong) So back to my question...What do you think she would have had a burner phione for??? IF ofcourse that is what the sifting is all about (sim card, smashed up pieces etc) TIA

G'morning all :) Here for Gannon and justice
Woke up to find more posts than ever to catch up with and still have not yet managed to read all of them so this may have already been answered, if so just ignore me as I'll come across it soon!
My question is this...There is alot of chatter and I too had thought about it, that is the fact they may be looking for some kind of evidence related to a burner phone. I can't think of a scenario where she would need one unless there was another potential person involved with Gannon's dissapearence which as nice as that would be as it could suggest he is still alive somewhere maybe, I'm not sure this feasable (please god let me be wrong) So back to my question...What do you think she would have had a burner phione for??? IF ofcourse that is what the sifting is all about (sim card, smashed up pieces etc) TIA
I think all this burner phone talk is trying to account for either how law enforcement knew to look there, or to explain what it is they are looking for.

Personally, I don’t believe a burner phone factors in at all. I definitely don’t believe that’s what they’re looking for.

What's most recent whereabouts or public communication from SM? I haven't seen anything from the media about her in a week or so... maybe I missed something?
Nope, you missed nothing.

Her interview made things really bad for her, and the statement she released made things even worse than that.

Radio silence from her right now, atleast as far as the media is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487