Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was still giving her the benefit of the doubt even after her interview... just because you’re a sociopath doesn’t make you guilty of murder...I was like no crap he wanted to run away, with her as his guardian :rolleyes:
I tried y’all, but that was fleeting.
Fascinating to think how different this case would be if she shut up from get-go!
Moo

@go997 (I can’t tag for some reason. Edit nevermind, I got it lol ) I hope it was ok I brought this over to this thread. I think it’s a great discussion point!

Much appreciated, thanks a lot. The post fell victim to being the last one before the thread was closed and a new one was created, so nobody could comment. So of course I was weighing up the benefits of re-posting against how self-absorbed that would make me look! It took quite a long time to write out, so I am in debt to you!

We built our home 20 years ago and I think cars were smaller then. At least ours were. I always back my full sized SUV into the garage because I can unload it easier. My DH has a full sized PU. He pulls in to the garage front first. If I pull straight in it's difficult to get out of the drivers side door.

Here are my thoughts.

If she had pulled the PU straight in to the drive way, it leaves little room to open the drivers door without pulling off the driveway with the SUV parked on the drivers side. By backing in she was able to fully open the drivers door.

This also leads me to believe that Gannon wouldn't have gotten out of the passenger side of the car. My belief is that he would have scooted over to the drivers side to get out if he were able to.

MOO

I’m always nervous (suspicious) when a key player in a case “pre-splains” (my ex-LE hubby used that term) things. It’s as if she has an answer even before the question is asked. For example, Gannon allegedly cutting his foot, Gannon allegedly searching whether a phone can reveal location if it’s off. It’s as if she’s anticipating certain evidence might be found and she’s trying to head it off at the pass. JMO
"Pre-splain" is such a great word and useful concept! I never quite had vocabulary for it but this behavior makes any reasonable person feel suspicious and manipulated. Well, if you're still friends with the ex, please do thank him for us! If not, at least he left you one good thing: PRE-SPLAIN! :D

For some reason EPCSO didn't ask for tips or list the tip number on today's update. Wishing it was because they aren't needed anymore. But that is most likely just my wishful thinking...

In all honesty, I believe today’s update may be short and sweet because not everyone is working today, since it’s Sunday, so maybe the person who normally writes these out wasn’t in? Either way they wanted to be sure an update was posted for consistency (and because people go insane if they don’t). I don’t want to read too much into the content or lack thereof. Alternatively, maybe they’re feeling just as disheartened and weary at the end of this weekend as we all are...JMO

This is NOT a stupid question at all. I was wondering if the truck had a GPS system like OnStar. If it is a newer one, it might. If it does have one, that might lend to some very important info about when and where the truck was.

2017. But OnStar is subscription so the expense...maybe no.

"Priced at $34.99 per month or $349.90 per year, the Guidance plan includes: OnStar Basic Plan"

For some reason EPCSO didn't ask for tips or list the tip number on today's update. Wishing it was because they aren't needed anymore. But that is most likely just my wishful thinking...
My wish, also. I think it’s the first time they have mentioned Arapahoe SAR so I looked them up.
Arapahoe Rescue Patrol. Inc
“The team also supports local fire departments and law enforcement agencies by providing scene security details, perimeter control, traffic management, operational help (controlling hose lines, changing air bottles, etc.), evidence searching, and other non-hazardous services.”

This is NOT a stupid question at all. I was wondering if the truck had a GPS system like OnStar. If it is a newer one, it might. If it does have one, that might lend to some very important info about when and where the truck was.
I wonder if it has a Good to Go Pass like here in Wa State. It's a sticker that sends a signal to tolling places,and allows vehicles to travel on toll roads,and in the HOV lane.
MOO

SM could have driven to many locations that Monday, stopping at each for a period of time (10-20 minutes each?) and maybe only one location might contain precious and/or relevant evidence.

The *advertiser censored* and Go report: I am not sure who originally reported the sighting. Given what little has been reported about it I can only assume LE drove SM to the store to view surveillance video to confirm whether or not it was GS. There was video of a child at the location so I wonder by whom and how that 'sighting' was reported?

Was it a friend or stranger who contacted SM or LE about the sighting? If so, how did they know GS was missing?

There are so many potential scenarios in this case. I highly doubt Gannon's body is at the place they are searching. I guess it's possible, but it's just so close to the road.

So the question in my mind becomes, what are they searching for there? Did something occur there that has left extremely valuable investigative evidence?

Is Gannon buried there, but they just have yet to find him?

And horror of horrors, the speculation that dastardly, evil, bodily mutilation occurred there, and the remains dispersed elsewhere?

But in broad daylight? Not a chance. But behind that fence that appears to be screened? How about overnight? Under cover of darkness? Possibly. But who got in that truck that morning then?

Was there a meetup of sorts at that location? Are others involved? Is evidence there that is leading investigators down paths yet unknown to us? Are drugs involved? Either dealing, or using? Could the crime have been committed in a blackout, and the perp truly does not recall?

If Gannon did run away, and/or was abducted, did the perp take him to the location currently being searched? It would stand to reason.

LE has been at that location for quite some time, with lots of people. Was LS there? Was Gannon there? Was a possible abductor there? Were there others there?

Truth for me, MOO, there is someone who was last seen with Gannon. Whether one thinks he left in that truck that day and never returned, or if he possibly returned, there is STILL a person who was last seen with Gannon. I think I know who that someone is.

Is there any evidence whatsoever that Gannon was picked up in that neighborhood? Not that I've seen.

Last person I know of that saw this young man is LS.

@go997 (I can’t tag for some reason. Edit nevermind, I got it lol ) I hope it was ok I brought this over to this thread. I think it’s a great discussion point!

“I wonder if it would be possible to create some kind of scoring system for rating the level of concern that a suspect should create, based on red flags they have given out with their behaviour since a person went missing? Much of this would be based on the actions that Peter Hyatt looks for (although not all, as statement analysis is obviously only one aspect of investigating).

For example..

1. Speaks of victim in past tense
2. Shows disinclination to refer to victim by name
3. Shows no concern about what the person is currently going through
4. Is eager to self-justify behaviour
5. Draws attention to own acts of kindness
6. Does not want to be interviewed on camera
7. Draws attention to victim's traits
8. Mentions water when interviewed
9. Is disinclined to join any search parties physically
10. Changes story as evidence is uncovered

Etc, etc.

I'm sure that a group of experienced sleuthers, those of you who have been doing this sort of thing for years, could come up with a much longer and probably more relevant list of red flags.

Does anybody think that a system such as this could be, in some way, beneficial? At the moment, people just bring up individual red flags to support their argument in a post ('I think X is guilty, because they keep talking about Y and not Z').

A well-devised system would offer a degree of protection to accused individuals who have actually given off very few red flags, but who are perhaps facing unfair scrutiny due to having a personality that a lot of people just don't like.

Have we yet reached a point where we can look at this sort of thing in a more data-driven/scientific way, or do people prefer to trust their gut more than a set of numbers”

Just to be sure, I suggest this idea is best posed to @Tricia and/or a moderator as I know that Peter Hyatt and/or his links are not approved for discussion on WS.

@go997
CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #12

I wonder if it has a Good to Go Pass like here in Wa State. It's a sticker that sends a signal to tolling places,and allows vehicles to travel on toll roads,and in the HOV lane.
MOO

Not many people I knew in Colorado have them, honestly. I think one person I knew had one in college so she could take E470 when driving home (she went to school in Fort Collins and her mom lived in Pueblo) but most people I knew didn't drive on toll roads enough to make it worth it, since you'll get billed by license plate anyway.

(that is to say i don't know how Springs specifically works, and obviously they're not unheard of, so anything's possible, jmo)

That’s also what I was wondering. I left a comment on their post to see if the tip line was still up and active, but I doubt I’ll get a reply.

For some reason EPCSO didn't ask for tips or list the tip number on today's update. Wishing it was because they aren't needed anymore. But that is most likely just my wishful thinking...[/QUOTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
P.I_Ms.Wilson