Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have thoughts on what the searchers are doing at the top of the hill? They are using an item that I can’t quite make out.

ETA: maybe they are setting up a sifter or it is just a different kind of sifter than what is being used down below. It looks like they’ve removed quite a bit of snow from that hill. Otherwise, it’s just melted a lot there.

Last edited:
KKTV Reporter Spencer Wilson response to viewer questions:

*******@********
Replying to @Spencer_WNews @EPCSheriff
kind of sucks if they don't find something quick because it's all about to be covered back up

11:50 AM - 17 Feb 2020

Spencer Wilson‏Verified account @Spencer_WNews
Replying to @*******@EPCSheriff
I was thinking about this too, but it’s snowed several days since Gannon disappeared, so this wouldn’t be the first round of snow they’ve dug through. Puts a new damper on their progress for sure though

12:03 PM - 17 Feb 2020 from Colorado, USA

**********@**********
Replying to @Spencer_WNews
Hi Spencer! Are the searchers placing those yellow flags, or where they there previously? Thank you!

12:43 PM - 17 Feb 2020

Spencer Wilson‏Verified account @Spencer_WNews
Replying to @*********** Hey Sallie, that’s not something sheriff’s officers can share with us, but I’ll let you know what one neighbors told me. There’s a few yellow ribbon style ties that are just from a property evaluation. She was not familiar with the flags, said they were new.

3:22 PM - 17 Feb 2020 from Colorado, USA

Last edited:
Yes, - I agree, something off (aside from the obvious!) with SM's behavior.

I've been poking along here following the rest of you - not much to add - though I've been wondering about motive

The statistics & demographics of this situation aren't typical. What's the motive?

Seems most believe that there was some abuse that needed to be covered up, which presumably could only be done so, by killing GS.

Certainly possible. But, I cannot help think there's something more going on here.

Here are a few stats that would predict a SM involvement:

Step parents are 40X more likely to murder a child than a bio parent. Some studies say 100X more likely.

The chances are higher if the stepparent has one or more bio children of their own.

http://people.uncw.edu/bruce/hon 210/pdfs/infanticide.pdf

In the Northern Hemisphere, more children are killed in the winter.

SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class research journals

Other variables include an absent parent (particularly a bio parent), and recent changes in family status or job status (the usual stressors).

People snap. And they may ponder their situation and how to get out of it (or how to get even) for quite some time, not realizing they're about to snap.

Is it possible that they have already found his body, and just haven't announced it yet? I don't know of this ever happening, or if they would even be "allowed" to do so. It just seems strange that they've been searching this area for so long.
It’s happened, but it’s exceedingly rare in this day and age.

It’s tough, if not next to impossible to keep something like that quiet. This case is very high profile, there are lots of people and agencies involved, and the media is stalking their every move.

My sense is that if they did find his body, we’d hear rumors very quickly. The media is (sometimes) surprisingly good at keeping a secret for a short period of time, but that sort of thing wouldn’t remain a secret for very long.

If it was a dump, why there? Why not dump in a waterway or lake?

Maybe the assumed item doesn't belong to GS... maybe to an undisclosed POI/suspect?

snipped by me for focus

Maybe whoever is responsible was worried they had been driving too long and too far, saw the driveway provided enough room to turn around, saw the culvert and tossed/dumped/hid whatever they needed to?

Pure speculation. I have been trying to figure out the ‘why’ regarding this location was well. So so curious to know what they are searching for, possibly finding there...

I believe whoever did this thought they were really smart. I am betting they avoided obvious dump locations like lakes or ponds because they knew they would be quickly searched. I expect when things begin to come to light, we will see some work was put into diversionary tactics and attempts to establish an alibi/decoy locations, etc...

IMO MOO JMO and such

edit for typos

Snow Sifters Used In Search For Missing 11-Year-Old Gannon Stauch

February 17, 2020 at 3:52 pm MST

DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4)– The search for 11-year-old Gannon Stauch has reached three weeks, and still no sign of him. The search for the missing boy continued in Douglas County on Monday.

11-YEAR-OLD-BOY-MISSING-SPENCER-trunc_frame_243-1.png

(credit: CBS)

Searchers returned to the same spot near Larkspur where they began searching last week when the search area was expanded from El Paso County to Douglas County. This is the sixth day in the same area.

Crews collected buckets of snow and put the snow through sifters on Monday. The El Paso County Sheriff’s Office has followed up on 500 tips.

[..]

If you see him, please call the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office right away at 719-390-5555 or 911.

If you have any information that can help in this case, call EPSO’s tipline at 719-520-6666 or email shrtips@elpasoco.com.

Her “hidden ace,” may be her sense of confidence that Gannon’s body won’t be found. As Patrick Frazee believed, “no body, no crime.”

Of course Dan May proved him wrong on that one, to the tune of life plus 156 years. Unlike that case though, I believe his office will have the benefit of a body.

She just didn’t have that kind of time, nor is she as smart as she thinks she is.

They’ll find him, and she’s going down.

Sad to say, she may have burned him.
PF was done in because of KK testimony. If it weren’t for her, they probably would not had a conviction.
If SM DID do something to GS, she probably didn’t tell anyone or have anyone else help.... if she did, that person should be very scared.

From earlier this morning Silverheels, the best eyes on the ground.

"The staging area was as full of cars as I've seen. I didn't see dogs or horses but they may very well be there.

By the time I headed back north, only two extra search teams were out. One was at a bridge on Noe Road just east of 105. There were a lot of searchers at this location, mostly on the south side of Noe Road. The other was on 105 at MM14, near Stone Canyon Outdoor Edventures, which is a cool place where 6th graders in the metro areas go for a week to learn outdoor skills. Gannon might have gone there next year. The searchers were on the east side of 105, searching at the bridge there as well as north and south of it a little ways."

Interesting: Two other search parties on 105 north past the 13802 Perry Park Rd. staging area. The Noe bridge if I have it right looks like mostly earth and a deep gully. I can't find MM14, but 105 around the from the Stone Canyon Edventures is tight with virtually no shoulder; just a few drives leading to homes or ranch style buildings.

Is it possible that they have already found his body, and just haven't announced it yet? I don't know of this ever happening, or if they would even be "allowed" to do so. It just seems strange that they've been searching this area for so long.

That would bring in the coroner, tents and other big equipment, so no, IMO not yet.

Sad to say, she may have burned him.
PF was done in because of KK testimony. If it weren’t for her, they probably would not had a conviction.
If SM DID do something to GS, she probably didn’t tell anyone or have anyone else help.... if she did, that person should be very scared.
I highly doubt it, going as far as to say that it’s impossible.

The reason I say that is because of one word: Time.

Gannon appears to have left with SM, and was not with her when she returned 4 hours later.

So there’s enough time to commit a murder and conceal a body, but not much more than that.

Burning takes too long, tends to draw attention, and wouldn’t serve a purpose.

She likely meant for him never to be found.

Not sure if anyone else local has posted but just drove through and they're leaving the staging area now. Not snowing here. I did actually spot a camera on the road at a business and only route out between would have been Noe Rd. Depending on weather I might get a chance to drive that tomorrow.

Spencer Wilson‏Verified account @Spencer_WNews [VIDEO]
So, cars are allowed past. Here’s a shot from my phone in a car holster driving by the operation. You can scrub through to see easier. @EPCSheriff confirmed they’ve been sifting snow since Wednesday, but couldn’t say how they choose which snow they to search. #GannonStauch https://twitter.com/spencer_wnews/status/1229477901759696899 …

11:26 AM - 17 Feb 2020 from Spruce Mountain Ranch
Added to media thread
IMO. Think they are close to something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads