Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only that, we often discuss things repeatedly here, it seems. We go round and round because we just don't have much to discuss in this case. Which I think is super smart and professional of LE, but I want to know EVERYTHING. I want to make sense of this gut wrenching mess.

Haha, true. I often check out of threads when nothing new is happening to avoid the groundhog day discussions- nothing wrong with these discussions, it's just not for me.

But things ARE happening with Gannon's case, on a daily basis.

There was so much we didn't know evidence wise in the Kelsey case. I hope we get a trial of whoever has guilt here, so we can see DA May back in action detailing the evidence trail that we only see glimpses of now.

Is there any indication that TS and AS are on good terms right now? Did relations change after AS viewed the cam footage? We know he was emotional but I'm wondering if he (like us) is continuously suspecting TS involvement. I may have missed some interviews where they might have been together.

No indication (that I have seen) of any type of communication or reconciliation. As a matter of fact, I found the interview with the former SA/spokesperson for the family to be very telling. She never mentions LS (or her relatives) once. Only that BM & BD are grieving terribly and have good, supportive families.

Anybody who thinks that the slow/odd way that Gannon appears to be moving toward the truck in the neighbor's video could be due to his ankles/feet being tied or restrained?

This is pure speculation, but maybe this could be connected in some way to TS's presplaining statement about a cut or slice on his foot. If she felt the need to restrain him, maybe it was because he was threatening to run away, and that was the seed of the runaway part of her story in the first place.

Also maybe if he was restrained with cord or zipties or something like that which were later discarded, it could be something they are sifting for in the snow.

I hate when threads go on this long and all of the wild speculation begins. Same with the comments on FB. People hatch some REALLY off the wall scenarios. Always come back to the fact that some of the simplest explanations are usually the most accurate. They're not out there sifting for nothing. They would not spend the bigger part of a week in one area if there weren't anything there. It seems clear to me there is one person to suspect in this and we just have to wait until they feel they have what they need to make an arrest.
On the positive side of things, we haven't yet reached the point of alien abduction theories. So, that's good.

I realize they do it all the time, but I can never wrap my head around the tossing evidence of their crime out the window thing. The last thing I would do is let something fly out of my car to land off the side of the road to be found.

In the Kenzie Lueck case, after leaving part of her remains in his backyard, he dumped some of her possessions in the alley and scattered more off the side of a road. Then her body was found in another location. There’s such a special disconnect in the behavior of these people who get that sloppy after they kill someone. Isn’t that when you need to have a plan beyond your car window or saunter to the alley or dumpster? The stupidity is astounding.

<modsnip: OP re AS and quoted post have been removed>

That man is devastated and terrified. Looking at the presser where Landen spoke so passionately and how at the end of that he clutched on to her so desperately - anyone who has gone through grief and fear combined should be able to recognize the authenticity of that. Poor man.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this as well. I went back and reviewed the video of the hike, and neither SM or her daughter had anything on their wrists (other than the daughter having a hair band). At the end of the hike, they were reviewing their hike data and how many calories they had burned, but were viewing this data on their phone app, (from what I can see in the video imo)
Sorry, what video are you referring to?

So, lets assume that SM did something that was caught on camera somewhere. Say it placed her at the scene but not necessarily committing the crime. What would the search efforts as of late have to do with that? Maybe it is the area where something may or may not have happened, and if there may or may not be video evidence, wouldn't that be enough to convict? If not, what else could be needed?

I think this would depend on what evidence is found at the scene.

They have found something or something's and are continuing until they have found everything possible. There's no other logical explanation for them being there for so long and with so much focus, and it's got to be critical, damning evidence.
I have a gut feeling we are on the verge of knowing a lot more. I am praying for Gannon. I also have an 11 year old boy. My heart is broken for his parents and sister.
I hate when threads go on this long and all of the wild speculation begins. Same with the comments on FB. People hatch some REALLY off the wall scenarios. Always come back to the fact that some of the simplest explanations are usually the most accurate. They're not out there sifting for nothing. They would not spend the bigger part of a week in one area if there weren't anything there. It seems clear to me there is one person to suspect in this and we just have to wait until they feel they have what they need to make an arrest.

No indication (that I have seen) of any type of communication or reconciliation. As a matter of fact, I found the interview with the former SA/spokesperson for the family to be very telling. She never mentions LS (or her relatives) once. Only that BM & BD are grieving terribly and have good, supportive families.

Thanks for the reply. I also thought the same after that interview but I wasn't sure if I was inferring too much.

I’m SURE what you’re seeing as being “off” with AS is that he can’t stop contemplating the fact that the person he brought into their house and shared a bed with has so callously taken and disappeared his baby and is showing absolutely no remorse. How can you live with yourself after that? How can you trust or even fall in love again? How will your remaining children see you, or trust or fall in love. He’s been put in one of the worst situations one could think of and the world has cameras all over him. Can’t even begin to imagine the guilt and nauseating pain he’s dealing with and will likely deal with for the rest of his days :(

There’s no way she burned him or used a wood chipper... not enough time and too much attention. at the same time however I still cannot comprehend what in the world they’re sifting for..
Imo sadly I believe she threatened him up an incline and pushed him into a ravine or off a cliff or something similar. This would make it so she wouldn’t have to carry his body, leave any evidence on him or that she murdered him (trauma would be from fall on rocks) or a need cover up/bury or hide his body. :( Moo

Anybody who thinks that the slow/odd way that Gannon appears to be moving toward the truck in the neighbor's video could be due to his ankles/feet being tied or restrained?

This is pure speculation, but maybe this could be connected in some way to TS's presplaining statement about a cut or slice on his foot. If she felt the need to restrain him, maybe it was because he was threatening to run away, and that was the seed of the runaway part of her story in the first place.

Also maybe if he was restrained with cord or zipties or something like that which were later discarded, it could be something they are sifting for in the snow.
There’s a lot of possibilities there, but I’m not a fan of the restrained theory.

She strikes me as the type of person who uses emotional control, as opposed to physical.

He’d listen, or there would be consequences.

It would be risky to restrain him and have him walk to a vehicle in broad daylight, and I think there are more plausible explanations for his slow walk.

I think the most likely scenario explanation is that he was injured. I say that because I think that’s what precipitated all is this.

I realize they do it all the time, but I can never wrap my head around the tossing evidence of their crime out the window thing. The last thing I would do is let something fly out of my car to land off the side of the road to be found.

In the Kenzie Lueck case, after leaving part of her remains in his backyard, he dumped some of her possessions in the alley and scattered more off the side of a road. Then her body was found in another location. There’s such a special disconnect in the behavior of these people who get that sloppy after they kill someone. Isn’t that when you need to have a plan beyond your car window or saunter to the alley or dumpster? The stupidity is astounding.
Luckily for everyone almost all criminals are not intelligent. It is why they decided their problems could be solved by a crime in the first place.

Pretty sure he would be in a lot of hot water if he wasn't where he was supposed to be,when he was supposed to be there. Especially in a case like this. MP's Could get involved, possible court Martial, discharge papers drawn up in short order. MOO

Again, I simply asked for confirmation. I implied nothing about his involvement. I do remain curious about him however, and am watching that on my own.

I really think we can rest assured that bm and bd whereabouts were long ago verified by LE -- as police investigation 101.

I also think it's military protocol for NG not to verify a soldier's location to media. I recall dad himself only told media he was "away" with NG but did not disclose his location-- most likely for the security of his unit.

Under the circumstances, I think dad must feel tremendous remorse for leaving GS alone with sm -- and by all appearances, she does not appear to be welcome at the family home.

Regarding dad's last contact with GS, I recall sm stating there's a timestamped selfie of herself and GS that she sent to dad on Sunday or Monday -- I don't remember if this involved actual phone contact or not but I'm certain LE has all this information.

Also, people here are INSANE about fire. Any smoke gets reported immediately as we have had some massive wildfires in recent years. LE often has to put out tweets telling people to stop calling about smoke/fire they see because so many people call it in. There's no way a fire in the area they are searching would have gone undetected/unreported.
Thank you sir sharing that information, it’s real for you guys. Thanks for keeping us real.

First drive by of the day. It’s 25 degrees and lightly snowing. There is probably 3” of fresh snow.

There are only 3 vehicles in the staging area other than the command unit and cell tower. No activity at the most recent search area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams