Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do 11 yr old boys play with LEGO ... (in the garage in the winter)?
I think she was saying her husband built a Lego table for Gannon as an example of the ways the tools were used, not that the Legos were in the garage. Though, I suppose they could be.

I think it was more to show how wholesome and happy the family is - Lego tables and flowerpots, and also a bit of shade to the dad for leaving the tools where Gannon could hurt himself on them. Not that I think the tools were left where Gannon could get hurt....that was just a shady remark, imo, to deflect responsibility from her for harming Gannon.

Usually when stories get complicated and are not clear (what's up with Legos and flowerpots?!), they are MEANT to be that way. Truth-tellers speak directly, imo.

Jmopinion

My little boy is about to turn 10, and reminds me so so much of Gannon, and he adores Legos. I dread the day he ever decides to put them away.

My heart is overwhelmed for Gannon’s mom today. Watching these searches tears me apart. I cannot even begin to imagine how she is feeling.

Let me tell you, it's so heartbreaking. My son grew up way too fast this year. He doesn't want toys in his rooms. His life is basketball, snapchat and girls. I refuse to donate or ever get rid of his toys. I want my babies to stay babies, literally want to cry typing this, lol! I am nuts

It is interesting they revealed they have been sifting since Wednesday, on Wed. they were going into the back area to east of of staging area at 13802 PP/105, that would place the truck or the humans in private property backing up to the Spruce Mtn. Open Space.
But starting searches yesterday on Noe and Fox Farm might suggest the events leading to the crime originated at the Spruce Mtn. open Space then the truck came around on a connector to 105, things escalated and events occurred at places along 105,

Places from yesterday:
Stone Canyon Bridge on 105 by Edventures
Fox Farm Rd. a connector from 105 to Spruce Mtn. Rd.
Noe Rd. a connector from 105 to Spruce Mtn. Rd.
Sierra Pines area gated property drive and along the W roadside N for 100ft.

She further included this sentence in her statement for a specific purpose.imo Why?
^^sbm
Do 11 yr old boys play with LEGO ... (in the garage in the winter)?
IMO, the LEGO tables put's Gannon in the garage doing things. This is more than someone walking to and from. He's active in the garage (of course his blood might be in there from a accident). The flower pot - that shows she was loved and thought of by Gannon.
I would love another released statement from her....

I recall sm stated that AS was a woodworker -- leaving tools around the garage and GS cut his foot while helping her unload things from her vehicle. Alleges she bandaged GS foot while he was seated on the edge of her vehicle. I believe the entire account was given to the public to explain any blood evidence located in the garage or vehicle and possibly the gate which GS was said the keeper of the sole gate key. MOO

I watched Gray's YouTube this morning of the sifters. According to Google maps it appears there may be a pull off area there near where they are sifting. Perhaps they have a witness who had observed matching vehicle parked there, and/or matching person/s walking alongside the road the day he went missing, or in days after? Or witness observed suspicious activity or disposing of items while matching vehicle parked there at pull off. Maybe a child with matching description of Gannon was outside of vehicle vomiting and someone passed by. Just random thoughts I had, sorry if already mentioned.
Welcome to WS

100% this. It was absolutely to let us, the public, know something that she felt we all needed to understand to contribute towards the way that we see her (or more likely the way that she sees herself), or sway the way that we see her.

ETA: I find that if you are secure in who you are as a person, with nothing to hide, you likely don't have the need to convince others of what a great, loving, etc. etc. person you are. Additionally, you are not going to be focused on what others think, but simply on the child that is missing.

This right here.

I’ve also been thinking about the multiple search locations and what that could mean. IMO, I don’t think his body is on the 105. I believe they think he is at one of those other sites and is trying to draw as much attention AWAY from them so the media isn’t camped out when they find his body (ugh, my heart). They don’t want the chance of that discovery being leaked before they’ve had time to contact family and identify. I do think there is evidence where they’ve been sifting snow, I just don’t think it’s him ...

I thought the very same thing. The media might be attracted to the largest of the searches, easiest to access, the one with the most action, and smaller searches in more rougher, secluded terrain might fly under their radar

Let me tell you, it's so heartbreaking. My son grew up way too fast this year. He doesn't want toys in his rooms. His life is basketball, snapchat and girls. I refuse to donate or ever get rid of his toys. I want my babies to stay babies, literally want to cry typing this, lol! I am nuts

A little OT but I saved my boys things, now when their boys stay with us, they have fun with their dads hot wheels, legos, micro machines, and brio trains. It's okay to save them!

My opinion?

No. For me, that's a bridge too far.

Here's why:

TS reported GS missing early that evening.

He said he was going to a friend's house some time between 3:15 and 4, and never came home, according to her.

She led LE to characterize him as a runaway.

That's the narrative she was pitching.

That tells me she never intended to be caught on camera leaving with him in that truck.

That, along with the fact that she didn't offer any info up about that truck ride until the video surfaced. And then she felt like she had to say something to explain away that video.

Crafting some elaborate ruse whereby she dresses up sister in GS's clothing doesn't make any sense given her story that he was last seen leaving to go to a friend's house.

If his little sister had been dressed up in GS's clothing, you'd better believe she would have told her Mom and Dad about it...so there's that, too.

I'm 100% convinced that was GS in that neighbor's video.

JMO.
Yes,all you said. Also, AS would have reacted quite different than he did.

My opinion?

No. For me, that's a bridge too far.

Here's why:

TS reported GS missing early that evening.

He said he was going to a friend's house some time between 3:15 and 4, and never came home, according to her.

She led LE to characterize him as a runaway.

That's the narrative she was pitching.

That tells me she never intended to be caught on camera leaving with him in that truck.

That, along with the fact that she didn't offer any info up about that truck ride until the video surfaced. And then she felt like she had to say something to explain away that video.

Crafting some elaborate ruse whereby she dresses up sister in GS's clothing doesn't make any sense given her story that he was last seen leaving to go to a friend's house.

If his little sister had been dressed up in GS's clothing, you'd better believe she would have told her Mom and Dad about it...so there's that, too.

I'm 100% convinced that was GS in that neighbor's video.

JMO.
Yes,all you said. Also, AS would have reacted quite different than he did.

Good Morning WS! Finally got a chance to catch up. So, here is my daily hope that today is the day Gannon is found and/or they arrest an evil monster.

I think I’ve narrowed down (in my mind at least) two ways they may have came by this area location.
My first thought was, she was wearing an Apple Watch (or something similar) or a FitBit during the dump. Later realized she had it on and destroyed it and lied about not having one. Maybe AS remembered she had one and suggested it, which they got a warrant for the data. If that’s the case it could account for the delay in searching that area, they were waiting on the information from said warrant, which ended up leading them there.

Second is what many have suggested; there are camera along that route which she is seen going by one but not the another further up the road.

I’ve also been thinking about the multiple search locations and what that could mean. IMO, I don’t think his body is on the 105. I believe they think he is at one of those other sites and is trying to draw as much attention AWAY from them so the media isn’t camped out when they find his body (ugh, my heart). They don’t want the chance of that discovery being leaked before they’ve had time to contact family and identify. I do think there is evidence where they’ve been sifting snow, I just don’t think it’s him.

Although I hope I’m wrong and he will walk back into his parents arms soon.

MOO
I have voiced the same thoughts about those "other searches" being something much bigger than they are giving credit for. I think the searches on 105 are probably evidence, but I think they are searching for GS elsewhere sadly.

Amber Jo Cooper
@AmberJoCooper

About to head up to the Palmer Lake/Larkspur area where they are searching for Gannon Stauch. The Sheriff’s Office confirmed they are searching today despite the snowy conditions. I will update you as soon as I get up there. #FindGannon #GannonStauch
Searching in snowy conditions? SOMETHING has to be there, or already has been found, and they are making sure they haven’t missed anything else. Hopeful anyway.

MOO

^^sbm

I recall sm stated that AS was a woodworker -- leaving tools around the garage and GS cut his foot while helping her unload things from her vehicle. Alleges she bandaged GS foot while he was seated on the edge of her vehicle. I believe the entire account was given to the public to explain any blood evidence located in the garage or vehicle and possibly the gate which GS was said the keeper of the sole gate key. MOO
This, exactly. Creating plausible deniability for blood evidence...again - something that I don't think you would do unless you had something to hide, or a reason to be concerned.

No one asked, she offered this story about the foot for no obvious reason. It does not tie into the next day etc. It's a random factoid that for the rest of us holds zero importance, but to her...it's important.

We need to ask ourselves why that would be.

Last edited:
If this putative cyclist saw the key, and didn't know the key was important, why would they in fact take the key? I don't take strange keys I find on the ground. I don't take anything I find on the ground, without some type of identifying details or a lost-and-found to take it to.

If the putative cyclist knew there was a search for a missing kid going on, why would they only take the key, and not be interested in taking along any of the other items on the ground, which were likely to belong to/with the key?

Also, what's this about June 27th?
Sorry about that. I have edited the date to be Jan. 27th (before snow would have covered anything up).

I guess my answer to your question is that it wouldn’t have to be a key that someone found and picked up, but in a scenario like this one, it would have to be something confirmed to connect to Gannon or POI, for a search like this to exist. As far as why the key wouldn’t be reported initially, G was considered a runaway for a few days. If I had found a random key (and step-mom had not made remark about key yet), I don’t think I would make a connection. As far as why someone picked it up? Maybe because he or she lives very close to there and wanted to ask neighbors if they were missing a key. Who knows?

This was more of a fun theory for me to run down, as I like the idea that someone’s mouth ended up leading to the biggest break in the case. Hypothetically speaking.

Truly, I think other info. led LE to this location first, then possibly they found something in that area, that made them want to search for more somethings.

Last edited:
I apologize in advance if this has been discussed, I am just tuning in and finding it hard to navigate through the threads. If anyone has a helpful hint on how to view a topic/case from thread #1 to current (i.e. an index)-please share, thx.

RE: Leaked driveway CCTV
  • Why start your truck, parked at the curb and back it into the driveway. Okay, perhaps she was she warming the vehicle up, but why not just pull in forward, instead of going thru the hassle of backing up. It only makes sense if you are loading or unloading something.
  • The strangest action however, is that TS appears to have "walked" Gannon to the rear door, opened it, and helped him in and shut the door-BUT WHY, he is 11 y/o boy. Was he so sick he needed assistance, if that was the case, then as a parent or step parent, why would you allow him to go out and play a few hours later. Was he injured and in need of physical assistance.
RE: Interview with BM and BD
  • The BM seemed very genuine, in her tears and concern, the BD kept rubbing his and pinching his eyes, but why...there were no tears. Maybe he is not a cryer, maybe he is in shock, but his interactions seemed stilted and emotionally detached-to me.
RE: TS News Interview
  • I have only one primary observation; why would you refer to someone, you believe is alive, in the past tense.
All of the above are JMO.

Dear @CeaElle,

I appreciate your insightful post!

Please don't ever apologize for any information that "may have been discussed". There are dozens of times we all do this and it really doesn't matter one bit.

The only thing that matters on this thread is that we are here for Gannon and it is so evident in your post that Gannon is in your heart as well.

Many times I'm sure that I've posted information "already discussed", having not noticed or forgotten I've read it.

Not only are there hundreds of pages to read but the thread moves so quickly!

Your compassion flows through your post and this is deeply appreciated. This is all that matters.

I too agree, that the other searches happening are more likely to be the ones that may be looking for Gannon.
Glad to know they are still out searching today, God bless them.
The selfish part of me wonders how much longer I can do this, be here speculating and hoping and praying, then I think of poor, sweet Gannon and his family and how much more so they feel this way than I.
I just can't think our hearts can break much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth