Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff's Office: Gannon Stauch search put on pause, investigation continues - KRDO

LARKSPUR, Colo. (KRDO) -- The search for missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch was put on hold Tuesday.

Jackie Kirby of the El Paso County Sheriff's Office told KRDO the search effort was halted because of where they are in the investigation, not because of the weather conditions.
Snipped by me.
Wouldn't it be nice if they have the evidence they need to proceed to an arrest, even if they don't have a body? I know the goal is to bring Gannon home, and we all want that, but we also know that unfortunately, sometimes it is not possible. I truly hope they can locate Gannon for his family and to further the investigation, but I also hope they have enough evidence to charge someone even if they can't. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but I remain hopeful that there will be justice for Gannon.

Well, I’m not sure if the EPC Sheriff not disputing the neighbor’s version of events is actually a confirmation that what he’s saying is accurate. For one reason or another, they don’t want the public to know the timeline of events, so they’re being purposefully ambiguous in their response.

ETA: which lends to the (unlikely) possibility that he did indeed return with her in the 2:00 hour.

Agree. No way to know what the EPSO knows and they are going to keep it that way.

Last edited:
Snipped by me.
Wouldn't it be nice if they have the evidence they need to proceed to an arrest, even if they don't have a body? I know the goal is to bring Gannon home, and we all want that, but we also know that unfortunately, sometimes it is not possible. I truly hope they can locate Gannon for his family and to further the investigation, but I also hope they have enough evidence to charge someone even if they can't. Maybe that's wishful thinking, but I remain hopeful that there will be justice for Gannon.

Taking the DP off the table is frequently used to trade for more information like this from the perpetrator.

Last edited:
I am not referring to whether it was Gannon that entered the vehicle. I’m referring to the latter part, whether anyone exited the vehicle on the passenger side. And the shadow does make it seem like a door was opened POSSIBLY. You don’t have to agree with me. But for me, I cannot say beyond a shadow of a doubt (pun intended :) that no one exited the vehicle along with SM. Which, if true, makes the whole “what did she do with his body during the 4 hr window” thing moot. IMO. But like they say, time will tell.
Again, the footage came with an analysis of who entered and left the vehicle.
It was not a puzzle to be solved and the footage we saw was way too opaque to see anything clearly with any degree of certainty.
However, the original footage convinced those who knew the players that what they said was factual.
They did not discuss shadows because they probably had no shadows in the original version.
We don't have the full story, they do. Those were their conclusions.

At the suggestion of someone earlier, I watched Gray’s analysis of the shadow of the car video on the passenger side. And boy of boy, did that plant reasonable doubt in my mind. So as convenient as it would be for him to disappear while gone during this window, I really think we should brainstorm the possibility of him coming back with her as she states and THEN something happening. I still think she is responsible and I sure would love to know how she is so dang certain that he IS alive and he is GONNA come back.
I did not care for Gray's analysis. He jumped all over the place, he wasn't even clear on what was happening at these spots that he put his yellow some thumbtacks. There was no food for thought, he just left you hanging there.

Then jump from that into the truck situation, he did not prove to me one iota there was any kind of shadow.

I don't care how slow you make that film or put it into slides so we see it in slow motion. There was no shadow.

His dialogue in between everything he had to say drove me about crazy when it didn't even pertain to Gannon
MOO

Her account of what happened in that interrogation room just has to be an exaggeration, and at worst a lie. I highly doubt her “constitutional rights were violated.”.
I think this is why LE is being so tight lipped, JMO... they know the “type” of person they’re dealing with and how she’s quick to cry victim

I am not referring to whether it was Gannon that entered the vehicle. I’m referring to the latter part, whether anyone exited the vehicle on the passenger side. And the shadow does make it seem like a door was opened POSSIBLY. You don’t have to agree with me. But for me, I cannot say beyond a shadow of a doubt (pun intended :) that no one exited the vehicle along with SM. Which, if true, makes the whole “what did she do with his body during the 4 hr window” thing moot. IMO. But like they say, time will tell.
Agree. The single RD video is inconclusive about Gannon returning. Additional footage from other cameras will have to fill in that gap.

Sheriff's Office: Gannon Stauch search put on pause, investigation continues - KRDO

SABBM:

LARKSPUR, Colo. (KRDO) -- The search for missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch was put on hold Tuesday.

Jackie Kirby of the El Paso County Sheriff's Office told KRDO the search effort was halted because of where they are in the investigation, not because of the weather conditions.
<snip>
She said investigators do not think their search in the Larkspur area is over.
<snip>
Kirby said they've concluded their search there for now, but that doesn't mean they won't head back.

These comments could either be interpreted as a positive sign or as a negative sign.

If LE has already collected some solid evidence and is now in the process of organizing and analyzing the evidence they've gathered, that's all to the good.

If they've come up empty-handed and are in the process now of evaluating what their next steps should be, that's not so hot.

I'm not sure which way to read these comments right now.

This statement concerns me. More than a little.

JMO.
Wowzers!!!!!

I think this is why LE is being so tight lipped, JMO... they know the “type” of person they’re dealing with and how she’s quick to cry victim
Oh yeah, by now they have a clear picture of her. They’ve seen her up close, and have certainly talked with her family and friends.

She’s the type of person to hit someone, and say “you made me do it.” Then she’d cry, hoping for a hug.

My sociopathic sister (who reminds me tremendously of LS) commited a crime against me, and passed a lie detector test ‘with flying colors’ (her words). I was obviously there and present, and knew precisely what happened, and yet she passed. I believe either 1. She lacks all sense of conscience and morals so, a biological reaction doesn’t even register, or 2. She believed her own lies so much it didn’t even register as a lie, because she believed her own version of the truth. I believe LS could do the same. Do I think she did? No. But I believe it’s possible.

I give them zero credibility, other than the purpose they serve as an interrogation tool in cases like Chris Watts. He was so nervous after that test he coughed it all up.

PS I knew LS couldn’t keep completely quiet for long.

IMO JMO MOO

From all I've seen of her, you would think passing a lie detector test would trigger a mess of FB, Twitter, Instagram, Reddit posts from her and her family claiming victory. So it may be best to reserve judgement on this one till she says something along the lines of "took a lie detector test (cleared)" from MSM.

It's very likely that the school is not commenting on the investigation at all. That would be typical for a school district to ask school staff not to do so. School staff are bound by ethical and legal confidentiality. As a teacher (retired) I sure wouldn't talk to reporters about what had happened, at this point in the investigation.
I cannot find the article, it is probably in the media thread, but there was an announcement by the school that the teachers were instructed they were not to give any interviews they would speak to no media.

God, how stupid would you have to be to say you passed a lie detector test if you didn't? Not saying she did or didn't just that... man, it would take some world-class crazy to put forward a lie that easily disproved. Even if LE didn't refute it, they would still know her pants were on fire.

Crews were seen sifting through snow and sand the last couple days on the side of Highway 105 by the Sierra Pines neighborhood. Kirby said they've concluded their search there for now, but that doesn't mean they won't head back.

In the meantime, Kirby said the Sheriff's Office would appreciate if people didn't hangout around the places crews have looked for Gannon.

"Until we have concluded our search in that area, we would ask that they don't," said Kirby.

The BBM part jumped out at me. I'm probably hyper focusing, but she didn't say places crews have looked for evidence.

"Cheryl, no need to be concerned. I can assure you the sheriffs office only suspended the search for the day because they wanted to work on the investigation side. They said they will still continue to have active search scenes just not ever day."

This is what Ashely Franco said in response to a user telling her that they thought the lack of an active search was "very concerning".

Ashley Franco on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member