Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That would support my theory (which no one here seems to agree with me on) that RD really did find that evidence on the video that he took to show that Gannon did not return...and that he found that on Monday night or Tuesday a.m. Remember we were led to believe that a week later RD looked at the videos all over again, this last time on a big screen TV, and it was only THEN that he noticed who got in or out. I never did believe that, I posted here a few times, it's obvious to me that he saw the red truck passing right in front of his house twice and would not have missed who got in and out the first time he looked at his video right when he went missing. Although I do think he missed the shadow and jumped to conclusions that she returned alone, unless he is privy to what other neighbors saw. ANYWAY I still don't think LS ever referred to the video or AS kicking her out for that reason, or for any other specific reason.
Since LS was abruptly asked to leave the house (according to her) on the same day the video became known to AS, I think it's a strong inference.

The fact that LS then goes in front of a camera to talk about how she's being wronged and needs an apology from AS further strengthens the inference.

The fact that AS did not let her back into the house further strengthens the inference.

And finally, the fact that LS keeps trying to defend her actions (by changing her story - which may be more obvious from AS's point of view, as they were in contact on the day of Gannon's disappearance) and LS tries to establish new facts (there was someone with Gannon when he left, not mentioned in the televised interview) further supports this same inference.

Why else would AS kick her out of the house on that particular day, why does she go to the press to talk about how it's not her fault and she should be apologized to?

I do as well. As I said before I would think if neighbour was smart enough to backtrack on the video he was smart enough to watch at great length following her return. I just cant see him stopping at the point where she arrives home and exits the truck, shows Dad and gives it to LE.
One thing I remember from early on was that the neighbor reportedly found that section of video in the wee hours of the morning a few days after Gannon’s status was changed from runaway to missing/endangered. Originally, LE asked neighbors to check their security footage starting at 3:00 pm on the 27th to see if anyone caught Gannon leaving so they could see which direction he left in and if he was picked up by anybody. Side note: I think this was cunning planning on SM’s part when she said he left between 3:15 and 4:45. This was an hour after she returned home and figured people would only go forward from 3:00 pm. It would also cover her with sister and step sister when they came home from work or school.
Back to the neighbor. He said he couldn’t sleep so he started reviewing the tape from earlier that weekend. That’s when he found the footage of Gannon leaving with SM earlier on Monday and apparently returning without him.

So in regards to the polygraph - the only thing that really interests me is if she actually took one. The results are wouldn't sway my mind either way, but if she's lying about actually taking one - that's something I'd be interested in.

MOO it means she now has a lawyer. And she should really.
I have heard a lot of defense attorneys want their client to take a polygraph.
There are two companies I saw.
Proof Positive looks most likely which has two locations, one in Denver and the other in Colorado Springs.

Last edited:
Yes I remember the same thing. However I don't believe it, now. Because 1) he would have seen the red truck go right in front of his house twice, the largest image of the red truck he would have had in the whole video. 2) If Gannon was said to be missing at 3:15, earliest, why would I believe that the neighbor would not look just an hour earlier, 2:15, which would at least have caught the red truck returning. Just one hour ahead of the supposed disappearance.
At the time I believed the story about his looking all over again on a big TV and suddenly discovering the red truck coming and going.
Who released the video anyway? If only RD and LE had it, and AS also saw it?

I believe RD has said that initially he focused only on the later time frame, as asked by LE (in a general request for help with the case). He then decided to look further. He then decided to put it on his HD TV and that's when he realized he had at least one timestamp (2:13) showing Gannon get into the truck and that he couldn't see Gannon come back.

How is it that you know which direction LS drove from, in returning to her house? I think it's fair to say there's a good chance that the red truck can be seen from that same video cam (at least on part of its journey) but there are ways out of the subdivision (LS's truck is initially parked so as to go away from the camera) that wouldn't involve driving directly in front of RD's house. Indeed, why would LS drive toward that house if she were heading north? Or heading to pick up kids at school? Or heading to the doctor's office? She wouldn't. The other route out of the subdivision doesn't go in those directions.

[Snipped by me.]
IMO, once Gannon was no longer being watched by a responsible adult, any number of horrible things could have happened to him. It seems certain that evidence was left by whoever harmed him; I'm not certain (yet) that person was TS, IMO.

I think we ALL had a strong reaction to that video initially. Accompanied by the narrative that "they both left, only she returned", that's all we saw, and likely all AS saw, so of course he was shocked & devastated. But as heartbreaking as his reaction was, it's not proof that the neighbor's interpretation of the video was 100% accurate. MOO.

So, if AS has reason to believe that Gannon came back, then left again at 3:15 (as stated in LS's original story) why is he refusing to let her back into the house? There must be no surveillance video showing Gannon walking to his unknown friend's house (or with the unknown person that LS now says accompanied him).

It'll be great when we can use all the various pictures posted on SM, as it's clear there are doorbell cams in that neighborhood.

Since LE is adamant that there's no stranger afoot and the community is safe, and they have more than 3 weeks full of physical and digital evidence to support that statement, I'm going to go with "AS still believes that Gannon did not come home that Monday."

I do know that if I were LH (Gannon's bio-mom), and I knew that my child had in fact gone out (either as a runaway or to a friend's house), nothing in the world could stop me from saying that to the media. Repeatedly. And going door to door to talk to every single person who could have been a friend of Gannon's.

Questions I have:

Where was TS from 2:15 until late evening?

Did she pick AS up from the airport that evening? In what car?

Did TS leave the house again between those events?

Who was home when the little sister got home from school?

I don't need more reasons to disbelieve TS, but Moms, besides dinner, what are two of the busiest times in a mom's day? Getting everybody out the door for school and getting them situated back home, after school. Snacks, homework, check in. Who chooses a workout during THAT span of time? Some might, most don't. And the time he allegedly went missing? That would be an EASY point to isolate. Buses are on time. One child arriving... if he left on foot and of his own accord (which I don't believe for one second), she'd know if it was before, right after or some time after the sister's arrival.

No matter, I'm curious whether she remained home from 2:15 onward.... we've assumed she did....

I wonder if the neighbor's camera captured her leaving again....

JMO

This has been my theory. LS left again perhaps after she reported GS missing and went “out searching with her aunt?” Maybe she left and disposed of evidence in Douglas county that evening or the days after. Until the 30th, I believe, he was still labeled a runaway. I doubt that LE had a tail on her up to that point. MOO.

Edit: fix grammar

Last edited:
That would support my theory (which no one here seems to agree with me on) that RD really did find that evidence on the video that he took to show that Gannon did not return...and that he found that on Monday night or Tuesday a.m. Remember we were led to believe that a week later RD looked at the videos all over again, this last time on a big screen TV, and it was only THEN that he noticed who got in or out. I never did believe that, I posted here a few times, it's obvious to me that he saw the red truck passing right in front of his house twice and would not have missed who got in and out the first time he looked at his video right when he went missing. Although I do think he missed the shadow and jumped to conclusions that she returned alone, unless he is privy to what other neighbors saw. ANYWAY I still don't think LS ever referred to the video or AS kicking her out for that reason, or for any other specific reason.

IMO LE seemed to place a lot of emphasis on that video since early on.

"This video may be a big part of the investigation," said Sgt. Deborah Mynatt with the sheriff's office. "... We hope it will not jeopardize the investigation, but the reason we asked [media[ not to [air the video] was because there is potential for that."

ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy has been missing for more than 3 weeks

Yes, in fact they have, but some choose not to believe it.

I really do feel sorry for that horse... :rolleyes:

IMO, it's not a matter of choosing not to believe; it's drawing a different conclusion based on what LE actually said. A reporter's statement that LE "did not dispute" is being interpreted by some as LE's confirmation that the neighbor was correct - TS arrived home alone. It's being interpreted by others to mean they don't dispute that the neighbor is describing that he only sees TS return home alone.

So for me, it's about the reporting and the video itself; nothing to do with disbelieving LE, thinking LE is being untruthful, or thinking I know more than LE. And seeing the same reporter's quote 10 times or 1,000 times doesn't change what was said and why I think it's misleading. MOO.

Yes I remember the same thing. However I don't believe it, now. Because 1) he would have seen the red truck go right in front of his house twice, the largest image of the red truck he would have had in the whole video. 2) If Gannon was said to be missing at 3:15, earliest, why would I believe that the neighbor would not look just an hour earlier, 2:15, which would at least have caught the red truck returning. (Note: the first videos we discussed were at night, showed comings and goings of cars at night, that is why I believed the story about searching a different time frame.)
At the time I believed the story about his looking all over again on a big TV and suddenly discovering the red truck coming and going. I remember all the posts, from me included, that discussed how much more he would see in high res on the TV. I just don't believe it anymore, partly because he gave interviews to the press and related what LE and AS had supposedly said.
Who released the video anyway? If only RD and LE had it, and AS also saw it?

MOO the second news station to come across the existence of the video published it.
The first news station's reporter to find it, called the sheriffs about it and was asked not to publish it, and they held it back.
That is the female reporter at the press conference who is a rightfully upset because she did hold the video back as requested only to get scooped by the second station.

Since LS was abruptly asked to leave the house (according to her) on the same day the video became known to AS, I think it's a strong inference.

The fact that LS then goes in front of a camera to talk about how she's being wronged and needs an apology from AS further strengthens the inference.

The fact that AS did not let her back into the house further strengthens the inference.

And finally, the fact that LS keeps trying to defend her actions (by changing her story - which may be more obvious from AS's point of view, as they were in contact on the day of Gannon's disappearance) and LS tries to establish new facts (there was someone with Gannon when he left, not mentioned in the televised interview) further supports this same inference.

Why else would AS kick her out of the house on that particular day, why does she go to the press to talk about how it's not her fault and she should be apologized to?
I mostly agree, but that those are valid inferences, just that she never really specified why she couldn't go back, at least in our 2 sources of her words. I am also guilty of saying "kicked her out", "asked to leave the house", etc, but I think that is what we all inferred from her ramblings, but not, IMO, what she actually said.

MOO the second news station to come across the existence of the video published it.
The first news station's reporter to find it, called the sheriffs about it and was asked not to publish it, and they held it back.
That is the female reporter at the press conference who is a rightfully upset because she did hold the video back as requested only to get scooped by the second station.
I remember that too. But how did any of them get the video in the first place, and why would anyone think it was OK to release what the owner of the video had to understand was evidence. Why haven't other neighbors released videos, assuming that there are other videos?

I'm just using this post to jump off on the underwear thing at Marshall's. So, AS kicked her out the house. Any normal person would call the non-emergency police line and ask for a police officer to meet her at the house, so that she could pack a bag for her and her daughter. IMO, JMO, MOO. I think she was about to book it out of town and the officers foiled her little plan, hence the over-reacting and accusations of being mistreated by LE. MOOOOO!

I remember that too. But how did any of them get the video in the first place, and why would anyone think it was OK to release what the owner of the video had to understand was evidence. Why haven't other neighbors released videos, assuming that there are other videos?

I don’t believe there are any personally, but hypothetically if there were, maybe a gag order?

RD himself provided the footage and did an on-camera interview. I don’t think “who leaked the video” is being disputed at all. JMO

I'm just using this post to jump off on the underwear thing at Marshall's. So, AS kicked her out the house. Any normal person would call the non-emergency police line and ask for a police officer to meet her at the house, so that she could pack a bag for her and her daughter. IMO, JMO, MOO. I think she was about to book it out of town and the officers foiled her little plan, hence the over-reacting and accusations of being mistreated by LE. MOOOOO!
Hmmm that’s an interesting theory. Never thought of that. MOO

I don’t believe there are any personally, but hypothetically if there were, maybe a gag order?

I believe other neighbors were quickly spoken to by LE and asked sternly not to release any information that may hinder the investigation. I also believe if any other videos exist, even if those videos are simply footage indicating there was no evidence Gannon ever left that house again, other neighbors understood the significance and spoke to each other and kept their mouths shut. As they should have. JMO

Questions I have:

Where was TS from 2:15 until late evening?

Did she pick AS up from the airport that evening? In what car?

Did TS leave the house again between those events?

Who was home when the little sister got home from school?

I don't need more reasons to disbelieve TS, but Moms, besides dinner, what are two of the busiest times in a mom's day? Getting everybody out the door for school and getting them situated back home, after school. Snacks, homework, check in. Who chooses a workout during THAT span of time? Some might, most don't. And the time he allegedly went missing? That would be an EASY point to isolate. Buses are on time. One child arriving... if he left on foot and of his own accord (which I don't believe for one second), she'd know if it was before, right after or some time after the sister's arrival.

No matter, I'm curious whether she remained home from 2:15 onward.... we've assumed she did....

I wonder if the neighbor's camera captured her leaving again....

JMO
Excellent questions! We’ve all scene the red truck video... but is there footage later in the evening? And from other neighbor’s cameras? I’m sure LE has seen quite a bit more.

I have also wondered what the sister witnessed. Was Gannon home when she returned home from school? Did she see him in the morning when she left? Was he hurt? Again, I’m sure LE has questioned her thoroughly. But so many questions!

praying he is found safe soon!

IIRC the second news station reporter knocked on all neighbors doors. Somehow from that interaction the reporter got it and a statement from RD as well, although reportedly not for money, MOO pulled heartstrings somehow.

The reporter was looked elated about getting the story when he went on TV news that evening to publish it, the implication was that the police were incompetent, and overlooked getting the footage immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum