Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I am of the opinion that someone (assumed GS) exited the red truck from the passenger side rear door (yes, I can not ignore the 'shadows') after the truck returned to home after the '4 hour shopping trip' I have difficulty in attempting to determine just how GS 'disappeared'.

Was GS encouraged to go with a friend (not necessarily GS' friend, but maybe GS was told by a certain someone the person was the someone's friend)?

How could it be detrimental to the case if LE released video that shows GS leaving the house with an unknown someone (sometime after returning from the 4-hour shopping trip)? I would have to assume LE would want to withhold such a video for fear of spooking the unknown someone in to getting rid of GS and this speculation would also have to assume LE believes GS is still alive. If LE believed otherwise such, I believe such a video would have been released.

AFAWK, there is no such video evidence. We've not read nor heard a description of an unknown someone from LE. We don't know for sure whether or not GS returned home from the shopping trip. We don't know where not how much blood was discovered in the house. We don't know if anything in the house was damaged by, say flame or fluid. We don't know what LE was expecting/hoping to find in volumes of sifted snow.

We don't know if any of GS' electronic items are missing?

"That's a negative, Ghost Rider."

No cameras in Colorado courtrooms.

As many of us learned to our chagrin during the recent trial of Patrick Frazee for the murder of Kelsey Berreth.

The judge in that case didn't even allow a sketch artist in the courtroom.

No recording devices, period.

Reporters couldn't even report on the case anywhere on courthouse grounds…they had to run across the street when the court was in recess.

JMO.

And remember how frustrated we were when Kelsey was only missing? We got nothin, no information on the investigation! And no matter what happened in that case, we were fed crumbs of information, nothing we could sink our teeth into. Then the court hearings were even worse! But by the trial's end, we sang Dan May praises for putting "that man" away forever....even when he sold his own soul to the devil to get him there.

Welp, we got him again, folks. And look what we have....no info, crumbs here and there and a woman with a big mouth diggin a hole. I think I'll trust Dan May a little more this time because he's like a dog with a good bone.

MOO,MOO
And GordianKnot, you tickle me to death....enough to send ya an InstantPot.

Last edited:
Question for the attorneys and legal types and law enforcement folks....

What is the protocol for speaking to a minor child if the only existing/available parent is (even if unofficially) under suspicion and therefore unlikely to allow an interview? Does an official designation of "suspect" change anything? What about official charges? I imagine that if a parent/guardian is taken into custody, any minor children are appointed representatives for court. I'm assuming lol. But I'm curious about this.

I feel terrible for all minor children involved in cases like this. I feel especially bad for minor children who end up with no parents around because of bad choices made by adults in their lives.

TIA

She was out on her *advertiser censored* even before that video was leaked. It does sound like he had doubts from the get-go.
It would be very interesting, IMO, to see the phone logs and text messages between TS and AS prior, during and after Gannon "disappeared". I think a huge blowup occurred concerning Gannon.

There are definitely things I have never heard of in this article. I wonder if it's true or speculation with all the current rumors.
It appears they've accessed the public state records filings in her teaching state. They are easy enough to google and publicly available. We just can't link to them here.

I can't fathom the reason LE hasn't turned this into a criminal case. Lack of evidence that a crime has been
committed. It's almost like Gannon was swallowed up. Is the step-mom that skilled at hiding evidence, from her interview she's not the smartest person. So what's missing that to ties the pieces together. My heart breaks thinking of what happened that day.
I don't believe a 11 year just vanishes without a trace!

I don’t understand why anyone thinks this isn’t a criminal case? It’s clearly a criminal case. Evidence collection. FBI. Crime scene investigators all over the home. Police interviewing multiple people. The district attorney visiting the house. What part of this at all appears to not be a criminal investigation?

I'm happy that LE is keeping this very quiet. They are not going to hand that woman one bit of anything until they have enough to nail her. I think they know her type. Of course I would luv to know more but if it means keeping her completely in the dark I'm good with that. I can only imagine her rants as of late. IMO
She is probably spitting nails at this point. Definitely LE is doing the right thing. They would have to hire extra staff to manage all the social media gossip. IMO

Cuz it has more impact in her mind to say she is out and her husband is living there with his ex wife. Another opportunity to throw shade. Poor me and Oh don't you find it suspicious. Look over there, not here. IMO
JMO here but I can imagine a scenario where when Gannon's mother arrived, TS told AS that either she goes or I go and he told her to hit the road.

It would be very interesting, IMO, to see the phone logs and text messages between TS and AS prior, during and after Gannon "disappeared". I think a huge blowup occurred concerning Gannon.

Frankly, I'd love to see the ENTIRE text and electronic messaging history b/t AS and TS, going back to when they first married.

I think that would likely be quite revealing.

This incident didn't just suddenly materialize out of nowhere.

She wasn't Mary Poppins, dishing out spoonfuls of sugar for years and then all of a sudden, "Poof!" GS is gone.

That ain't how it works.

JMO.

Last edited:
It's was earlier clarified that after his dad reported that GS was without his prescription medication, he was upgraded to endangered missing.

Had LE said it was a prescription medication? All I've read is that it was a specific medication and some others have said LE said it was prescribed, but is that what LE really said?

Seems like everybody that goes missing nowadays needs meds which sounds like a made-for-tv ploy.

So praying you're right Oviedo!
I normally don’t weigh in so forcefully when we are in early stages of a case but having been through the CO cases and most recently Kelseys no body case I believe there is nothing DA May won’t do to obtain justice for this little boy IMO
On another note - regarding LS being “put out” of the house - here’s a thought to consider - what if AS checked the Cell online account activity himself Monday upon learning his son was missing -saw something unusual and upon flying back Tuesday confronted LS and the result was - she’s out of the house? I routinely log in to my account to view text call and data history (mostly because we are always on the verge of running out) and when I see anything unusual I ask all of those cell users on my own account - I’m convinced something happened between them to put LS out of the house - he knew she was involved IMO early on
JMO

This case has continued to wind up, not down in the search for Gannon. I went through the press releases to see the pattern and the assets being utilized. It is truly amazing. I will say that on Feb. 18 the format changed and they created two columns-- one for search partners and one for investigation partners. Not only is the person power increasing but the search hours (8400) and investigation hours (7000) are remarkable. I think this is telling us (the public) a lot about where we are heading.

Sheriff’s Office Updates

Feb. 2: 8 search partners, 50 searchers
Feb 5: 15 search and investigation partners, no mention of number of searchers
Feb 6: 16 search and investigation partners, 100 volunteers, 4 mounted units, 3 canines near Lorson Ranch
Feb 7: 21 search and investigation partners (now includes Verizon)
Feb 8: 21 search and investigation partners
Feb 9: 21 search and investigation partners
Feb 12: Announce 500 person pool of volunteers, vetted to be used as needed
Feb 13: 80 trained individuals and specialized assets to include Search and Rescue, Mounted and K-9's,
Feb 15: over 100 trained individuals and specialized assets to include Search and Rescue, Mounted and K-9's
Feb 18: 21 search and investigation partners. First time to split the partners clearly. The absence of information provided to the public does not mean the investigation has slowed down. To date there have been 637 tips received, over 7,000 hours of investigative work done by the Sheriff’s Office and the FBI; over 8,400 staff hours put into the search efforts. This has included large scale searches in addition to small, specific searches.

SEARCH PARTNERS:
Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue
Army (multiple units - volunteers)
Colorado Parks and Wildlife
Colorado Springs Fire and Police Department
Douglas County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue
FBI (Evidence Response Team)
Fountain Police Department
El Paso County Public Works / Emergency Incident Support
Flight for Life (searching purposes only)
Fremont County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC)
National Guard 100th Missile Defense Brigade (volunteers)
Pikes Peak Office of Emergency Management
Salvation Army, Verizon Wireless, and VOAD

INVESTIGATION PARTNERS:
4th Jud. Dist. Attorney's Office
Colorado Springs Police Department
FBI (Child Abduction Rapid Deployment)
National Center for Missing and Exploited
Children (NCMEC)

**Compiled from Sheriff's Office Update on Gannon Stauch Case by various listed dates

Yeah. I don’t quite understand the wringing of hands that this is going cold. It took over two months for Lisa Synder to be charged with the murder of the two kids that were found hanging in her basement. Clearly this investigation is super hot right now.

I know there is a team that’s not getting much sleep at the moment.

I don’t understand why anyone thinks this isn’t a criminal case? It’s clearly a criminal case. Evidence collection. FBI. Crime scene investigators all over the home. Police interviewing multiple people. The district attorney visiting the house. What part of this at all appears to not be a criminal investigation?

I think it's because LE is still telling the public that this is not a criminal investigation.

Now, we know that's a patently false statement.

We also know LE needs to keep saying that right now. It's just lip service.

But I think that's why some posters are getting confused…they're listening to what LE is saying vs. watching LE's actions.

Their actions absolutely reflect that they're conducting a criminal investigation.

The fact that they won't verbally acknowledge that is just LE being smart.

No "rush to judgment" accusations can be leveled against them this way.

JMO.

Not a criminal investigation

Investigators say they are not at a point where they can call the investigation criminal.

When asked Feb. 10 at what point the Gannon case would change from a missing persons case to a criminal case, El Paso County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Jacqueline Kirby responded, "When the investigation leads us in that direction, and we're not there."

She said the same during an interview on Feb. 12.

That hasn't stopped speculation from running rampant, especially after multiple sightings of the Colorado Springs Police Department Metro Crime Lab at the Stauch family home.

In one such appearance at the home on Feb. 5, 4th Judicial District Attorney Dan May accompanied the crime lab.

The sight of the region's leading prosecutor at the missing boy's home prompted questions over the status of the case. The El Paso County Sheriff's Office maintained the case was still a missing-endangered case and not a criminal investigation.

"DA May being in Stauch home does not change the ongoing efforts in the search for Gannon," the sheriff's office wrote on Twitter. "There are no new updates to report at this time. Our priority remains bringing Gannon home safely to his parents and the investigation continues."

The sheriff's office previously said that the Metro Crime Lab is used in all kinds of investigation, both criminal and not.

"The crime lab is used to, again, get pieces. That’s a part of the investigation," said Sgt. Deborah Mynatt with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office. "That’s what they’re used for. So they’re out there and ensure they’re doing this with the proper measures. They’re using gloves and doing different things because they might come across something that might be part of the investigation. ... We get pieces of information that might not be criminal, that might just lead to where [Gannon] might be. Those kinds of things. So when we get pieces of evidence, it has to be maintained and protected and, again, that's why we might use crime lab. They're really good with that they're experts in the field, and that's why we do that, so it might not be criminal."

ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy has been missing for more than 3 weeks
Because LE is at least publicly denying that it is.

Yeah. I don’t quite understand the wringing of hands that this is going cold. It took over two months for Lisa Synder to be charged with the murder of the two kids that were found hanging in her basement. Clearly this investigation is super hot right now.

I know there is a team that’s not getting much sleep at the moment.

ITA

As much as every day feels like agony, and days without an active search feel like years, I know 100% work is still taking place behind the scenes to try to make sure nobody gets away with whatever happened to Gannon.

"That's a negative, Ghost Rider."

No cameras allowed in Colorado courtrooms.

As many of us learned to our chagrin during the recent trial of Patrick Frazee for the murder of Kelsey Berreth.

The judge in that case didn't even allow a sketch artist in the courtroom.

No recording devices, period.

Reporters couldn't even report on the case anywhere on courthouse grounds…they had to run across the street when the court was in recess.

JMO.
Not sure that applies to the entire state of Colorado. I believe IMO it was the judge in the Frazee case that made that ruling. The Aurora theater shooter trial in 2015 in Arapahoe county was live-streamed. Here’s what I found about the Frazee judge :

During the hearing, the judge outlawed either team of attorneys from holding press conferences during the trial and said that he would decide on the live courtroom reporting issue before the trial commenced.

Last Wednesday, District Court Judge Scott Sells decided to side with the defense on the issue when he released the decorum order for the murder trial and the jury selection process. “NO LIVE REPORTING OF ANY KIND is permitted from Division 11, the courthouse or surrounding courthouse property,” the judge said in the decorum order.

This amounted to a big blow for the regional and national media, with law enforcement authorities saying they will enforce this measure and confiscate devices in question.

“Trial of the Century” Begins This Week | Jury Selection Underway | The Mountain Jackpot News

I think it's because LE is still telling the public that this is not a criminal investigation.

Now, we know that's a patently false statement.

We also know LE needs to keep saying that right now. It's just lip service.

But I think that's why some posters are getting confused…they're listening to what LE is saying vs. watching LE's actions.

Their actions absolutely reflect that they're conducting a criminal investigation.

The fact that they won't verbally acknowledge that is just LE being smart.

No "rush to judgment" accusations can be leveled against them this way.

JMO.

Makes perfect sense.

It appears they've accessed the public state records filings in her teaching state. They are easy enough to google and publicly available. We just can't link to them here.
The records weren't what I was talking about. Their account of the evening Gannon went missing is different. Includes what I have only seen as speculation.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member