Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't fathom the reason LE hasn't turned this into a criminal case. Lack of evidence that a crime has been
committed. It's almost like Gannon was swallowed up. Is the step-mom that skilled at hiding evidence, from her interview she's not the smartest person. So what's missing that to ties the pieces together. My heart breaks thinking of what happened that day.
I don't believe a 11 year just vanishes without a trace!
Their actions seem pretty clear; this is a criminal investigation.

They have decided however, that it’s best not to publicly state what’s readily apparent.

She had the benefit of several hours, and may not have had her phone on, or in her possession. I’m sure that’s complicating things.

She’s merely been lucky thus far. Hopefully that luck runs out soon.

Does anyone in this thread know how long, on average, cases of missing persons continue to be investigated when no body or remains have been located with no suspect(s) named?

Long time! When the tips dry up, when they have exhausted all leads, they will scale back. But in kid case, well, they can go on for quite some time because the missing is a child.

MOO, MOO

I think if TS had really been kicked out of her house by LE then she would have included that in her interview.

She went out of her way to tell everyone how her rights were violated, LE wouldn't let her leave, wouldn't let her go to the bathroom, handcuffed her daughter and pulled a gun on her and would not allow her to talk to a lawyer despite several requests.

Yet she doesn't mention anything about them kicking her out of her own house? I can't imagine why she would leave that out.

Imo
I remember hearing TS say she had been kicked to the curb, but I think it was her husband that kicked her out.

I think if TS had really been kicked out of her house by LE then she would have included that in her interview.

She went out of her way to tell everyone how her rights were violated, LE wouldn't let her leave, wouldn't let her go to the bathroom, handcuffed her daughter and pulled a gun on her and would not allow her to talk to a lawyer despite several requests.

Yet she doesn't mention anything about them kicking her out of her own house? I can't imagine why she would leave that out.

Imo
Cuz it has more impact in her mind to say she is out and her husband is living there with his ex wife. Another opportunity to throw shade. Poor me and Oh don't you find it suspicious. Look over there, not here. IMO

We’ve gone over this. They needed and got warrants.

AS could give consent to search his real property and his own personal property but not personal effects or vehicles of the SM. And they undoubtedly did.

I have not once, not ever and likely never will see CSI roll up and start removing evidence with their booties and gloves on, without a warrant. It’s not happening, not even with consent.

They have more than enough from the little I've seen for there to be probable cause that a crime involving Gannon’s disappearance has been committed.

Thank you for your assistance in driving home my point. This is an international website, and I think some times the legal issues relative to an investigation, criminal investigation, and the reasons LE do the things they do in the United States often differs from other countries.

Since I see you are an attorney, would you like to elaborate on why you think LE has yet to determine this a criminal investigation? Is there some investigative benefit to NOT doing so?

Their actions seem pretty clear; this is a criminal investigation.

They have decided however, that it’s best not to publicly state what’s readily apparent.

She had the benefit of several hours, and may not have had her phone on, or in her possession. I’m sure that’s complicating things.

She’s merely been lucky thus far. Hopefully that luck runs out soon.

In my personal opinion, and while she is sitting on the curb, she is digging a huge hole for herself and LE is allowing her to do it. She's one of those people who's mouth will be her undoing. Kinda like Frazee, who was also laughably smart.
(note sarcasm)

MOO,MOO

In fact, also increasingly, "MSM" is becoming more sensationalist, certainly in terms of the major broadcast television networks (ABC, CBS and NBC, FOX began as such). Both ABC's 20/20 and NBC's Dateline TV magazine programs have been accused of practicing "checkbook journalism" (paying for its sources), considered unethical among professional journalists. But then, at one time, who would ever have thought we'd see the day when attorneys at law would be permitted to advertise on TV either? And the way the trends appears headed, we might assume physicians and surgeons will be the next professions to hawk their services on TV, perhaps offering cut-rate appendectomies and mastectomies with coupons. We would then know we have reached the dead end of professional ethical integrity.
^^SBM

Respectfully, I believe there's a general understanding by members that the term mainstream media (MSM), for the purpose of this forum, implies collectively, various large mass news media compared to unknown, tabloid news media sources -- where tabloid means tabloid journalism, and not the news industry formal definition which you generously shared with us.

Tabloid journalism is a style of journalism that emphasizes sensational crime stories, gossip columns about celebrities and sports stars, political views and opinions from one perspective and junk food news. Tabloid journalism - Wikipedia

As WS strives to be a facts-based forum, I believe it's generally understood that the requirement for MSM links (as defined by WS) is to substantiate the news posted here as verifiable.

Perhaps we are naive here and I'm not speaking for the Owner of this site but I think the forum members are operating on the old-fashion belief that large mass news media journalists still verify their reports before publishing.

Of course, I'm sure it can be technically argued that "The Sun" is indeed a large mass media entity but just as in life, there are exceptions to every rule.

When in doubt, any member can always present their specific, tabloid sourced article for an exception to the rules and they may in-fact receive approval for posting. It does happen.

Speaking of exceptions -- I recently learned that Radar On-Line (ROL) is now considered MSM (versus tabloid) and approved WS source to link. Again, it happens. :)

MOO

Last edited:
I don’t know whether they were there the night LE were supposedly alone in the house and got frightened by someone showing up. I also haven’t seen video of them driving away. And again, he family could’ve received an EPO from the cops and then they could’ve obtained a
temporary restraining order. I don’t know.
Some family members were at the home on 2/5 when D.A. Day May and the crime lab unit were there. I remember seeing a video with AS leaving.
Jason Gruenauer on Twitter

Police investigating after body discovered in northwest Colorado Springs

I don’t know if this is relevant to this case yet. A body was found this afternoon in Colorado Springs. Other articles have stated it’s a male body, but LE hasn’t officially commented yet.

what I find interesting is it is located on the route between GS home and the larkspur search area. In fact it is also located on the route between “store that shall not be named” (10 min away) and larkspur search area.

MOO

From the link:

Colorado Springs Police said the body of an unidentified male was located and he was was pronounced dead at the scene.

The Colorado Springs Police Department’s Violent Crimes Section is investigating the circumstances surrounding the death.

I think it's safe to assume this is not likely GS. MOO

Sort of OT - but I was thinking about Gannon's being born so early. My son was born at 26 weeks and weighed 1 1/2 pounds. He was always prone to chest colds and has always had other difficulties (tummy issues and reflux). He is 19 now but only a little over 100 pounds, he's always been little and had delays in growth. I'm not really going anywhere with this other than Gannon survived being a micro-preemie only to likely have something so horrible happen to him now and it rips my heart apart. Poor little guy! :(

I'm happy that LE is keeping this very quiet. They are not going to hand that woman one bit of anything until they have enough to nail her. I think they know her type. Of course I would luv to know more but if it means keeping her completely in the dark I'm good with that. I can only imagine her rants as of late. IMO

This case has continued to wind up, not down in the search for Gannon. I went through the press releases to see the pattern and the assets being utilized. It is truly amazing. I will say that on Feb. 18 the format changed and they created two columns-- one for search partners and one for investigation partners. Not only is the person power increasing but the search hours (8400) and investigation hours (7000) are remarkable. I think this is telling us (the public) a lot about where we are heading.

Sheriff’s Office Updates

Feb. 2: 8 search partners, 50 searchers
Feb 5: 15 search and investigation partners, no mention of number of searchers
Feb 6: 16 search and investigation partners, 100 volunteers, 4 mounted units, 3 canines near Lorson Ranch
Feb 7: 21 search and investigation partners (now includes Verizon)
Feb 8: 21 search and investigation partners
Feb 9: 21 search and investigation partners
Feb 12: Announce 500 person pool of volunteers, vetted to be used as needed
Feb 13: 80 trained individuals and specialized assets to include Search and Rescue, Mounted and K-9's,
Feb 15: over 100 trained individuals and specialized assets to include Search and Rescue, Mounted and K-9's
Feb 18: 21 search and investigation partners. First time to split the partners clearly. The absence of information provided to the public does not mean the investigation has slowed down. To date there have been 637 tips received, over 7,000 hours of investigative work done by the Sheriff’s Office and the FBI; over 8,400 staff hours put into the search efforts. This has included large scale searches in addition to small, specific searches.

SEARCH PARTNERS:
Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue
Army (multiple units - volunteers)
Colorado Parks and Wildlife
Colorado Springs Fire and Police Department
Douglas County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue
FBI (Evidence Response Team)
Fountain Police Department
El Paso County Public Works / Emergency Incident Support
Flight for Life (searching purposes only)
Fremont County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue
Jefferson County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC)
National Guard 100th Missile Defense Brigade (volunteers)
Pikes Peak Office of Emergency Management
Salvation Army, Verizon Wireless, and VOAD

INVESTIGATION PARTNERS:
4th Jud. Dist. Attorney's Office
Colorado Springs Police Department
FBI (Child Abduction Rapid Deployment)
National Center for Missing and Exploited
Children (NCMEC)

**Compiled from Sheriff's Office Update on Gannon Stauch Case by various listed dates

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member