Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean the documents as constructed by the very entity that refused the release from contract?
She had a hearing. Did she not lose?

The state board of education suspended her license, describing her claims as “unfounded.”

ETA: The ruling was not constructed by the district. It was a ruling based on the district’s complaint and TS’ response.

Last edited:
Yes, but the problem is as a teacher it's irresponsible to sign a contract with two different schools in case one doesn't work out.
It's extremely difficult for a district to hire a new teacher at the start of the school year.
It's the students who suffer because they likely have to hire inexperienced subs until they find a qualified teacher, which could take months. Imo
And, a military family hasn't much choice, as they are not in full control of their lives. I'd guess others have experienced such push back in requesting to be released from contractual employment and may have resorted to employing tactics to facilitate the needs of their family.

I'm not defending SM's situation as presented in that Sun article, but I must weigh both sides (as any proper armchair detective should do ;-) ).

The article indicates SM asked to be released from an employment contract because of a pending military move situation. Ask a military family who's experienced such a need, you'll find job-jumping is a necessary part of the deal.

It is possible, after SM asked to released from contract and the employer refused that SM felt forced to try a different tactic (claim harassment) to facilitate a contract release.

Snipped by me.

You need to go read the actual hearing documents yourself.

You will see that these are excuses after she officially got called out on her behavior. She contracted with more than one school in the district at the same time, which is a no no. Not turning up to work, not responding to emails or phone calls from the school asking why she wasn't there. Not submitting any kind of official communication as to the reasons for her absence. Not submitting a prior notification of the need to be released from the contract...

The list goes on in terms of her unacceptable actions. It wasn't just a matter of her needing to move out of state because of her husband's military career. She acted poorly and breached her contract.

Then she has the nerve to claim harassment, claiming she was targeted by the bio mum's relative.

It would appear that TS is no stranger to lying to absolve herself of any responsibility for her own actions/wrongdoing.

There is a stark difference between what the official hearing documents say and her version of events.

Now we have her claiming she's being legally represented by people that she's not, passing lie detector tests that she probably hasn't taken. JMO

Why the constant dishonesty? The ongoing grudge with the Bio mum? Are we seeing someone who really is disconnected from reality in terms of her perception of events?

It's actually pretty scary, but also fascinating, to witness.

If LE again comments they believe GS is alive, after so much time has passed since he went missing then I would hope LE will provide at least a minimal reasoning why they hold such a belief.
If it's because they don't believe a certain individual has it in them to have done the Worst to GS then I would question such reasoning. Since I do not believe LE would be that dismissive I must assume LE has evidence that leans toward or directly points to the likelihood that GS is alive.

This is completely standard. They will maintain he is alive until they have proof that he is not.
I’ve followed probably dozens of cases where they have used similar language, and most of them ended up with a body being found.
The public is more engaged when they are looking for a living person. It’s that simple.

^ Bingo.

Along with that, in other cases I've followed, investigators have stated that they hold this hope to their own hearts to truly strive toward the goal of finding someone alive and it motivates them to search and investigate in that manner to the best of their ability until they have solid ground otherwise.

The writing is on the wall in Gannon's case, but they still have a job to do to the best of their ability and this language will continue to be used until the facts present otherwise.

IMO.

I'm not defending SM's situation as presented in that Sun article, but I must weigh both sides (as any proper armchair detective should do ;-) ).

The article indicates SM asked to be released from an employment contract because of a pending military move situation. Ask a military family who's experienced such a need, you'll find job-jumping is a necessary part of the deal.

It is possible, after SM asked to be released from contract and the employer refused that SM felt forced to try a different tactic (claim harassment) to facilitate a contract release. I'm not claiming I approve of the tactic but when one is provided no relief to address a legitimate and reasonable request then you fight the best fight you can muster. I'm not saying I definitively believe this is what happened but I do believe it is possible because I do not trust certain MSM to present complete nor even fully accurate reporting, especially in cases such as this. ETA: Nor do I trust employers who also perform as their own watchdog, a watchdog who 'investigates' and makes conclusions on their own behavior.

ETA: grammar
Right, because they really want to be found liable in a potential lawsuit for mishandling an investigation into an allegation.

She also accepted another position at the same time as the one she so unprofessionally dipped out on. What does that tell you?

If I'm reading the article correctly, she went on to work two other positions after the suspension was lifted. In the same area, NOT out of state. So was the military move real or fiction. The actual document is available should anyone care to read it. Google her name and teacher, it pops right up.

It is possible, after SM asked to be released from contract and the employer refused that SM felt forced to try a different tactic (claim harassment) to facilitate a contract release. I'm not claiming I approve of the tactic but when one is provided no relief to address a legitimate and reasonable request then you fight the best fight you can muster. I'm not saying I definitively believe this is what happened but I do believe it is possible because I do not trust certain MSM to present complete nor even fully accurate reporting, especially in cases such as this. ETA: Nor do I trust employers who also perform as their own watchdog, a watchdog who 'investigates' and makes conclusions on their own behavior.

ETA: grammar

<modsnip>there's no basis for SM's story pursuant to the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act that would protect her right to be released for a military mandate. I know the SCRA applies to active duty, national guard, reservists, and also the coast guard. Yup -- we can add this untruth to the stack of others. MOO

ETA: I did not read the Sun article -- just responding to the context of your post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because we know so little. Because we are afraid for him. Because our thought is that whoever caused his disappearance didn't leave enough of a trail (that we know of) to lead to his whereabouts after 3 weeks. You as an attorney know not to get as concerned about these drawn out investigations. That isn't a criticism. I wish I had such patience.

I am concerned of course. I mean I think we all get worried that a case won’t resolve. But it’s super early on. We’ve all seen enough of these cases. They take time.

If LE again comments they believe GS is alive, after so much time has passed since he went missing then I would hope LE will provide at least a minimal reasoning why they hold such a belief.

If it's because they don't believe a certain individual has it in them to have done the Worst to GS then I would question such reasoning. Since I do not believe LE would be that dismissive I must assume LE has evidence that leans toward or directly points to the likelihood that GS is alive.
I think there is a cute saying about making ASSumptions, it evades me at the moment...

LE will never frame any statement or comment within the context of looking for a deceased person, until there is substantial evidence if such. Since this is an open active investigation and they have released next to no information or details on what evidence they are working with. What else would they say at this point?

She has yet to say, "I didn't kill or harm Gannon." as a straight uncomplicated sentence.

[SBM for relevance]

YES! Which reminds me...
I've read several books about lie detection (because I'm a weirdo) that were written by former FBI & CIA agents. I was thinking about all of the many different claims TS has made in her statements and decided to look back thru them today.

I thought I'd share a few of the notes I had highlighted and found particularly interesting.

Here are a few common tactics used by dishonest suspects >>>>

Parrot Statements
  • repeats question back to you to buy time to think about how she wants to reply
Protest Statements
  • responds to questioning by reminding you that nothing about her track record indicates she is someone capable of deceit
Distancing Statements
  • avoids using first names to distance himself from the truth
Non-contracted Denials
  • "I was not there!”
  • a person trying to hide his guilt may use formal grammar more than normal; often spoken slowly, possibly reflecting more forethought and less emotion than a genuine plea of innocence

STORY ANALYSIS
  • there's a big difference between the way we narrate events that have really happened to us and those we’ve invented
  • true stories drawn from real memories aren’t typically narrated in chronological order
  • the more dramatic the story, the less chronologic its structure
  • truthful stories—though they may not be told in chronological order—will still contain three distinct stages: a prologue, a main event section, and an epilogue
PROLOGUE
  • sets the scene
  • usually short on details
  • should be less than a third of the entire story
  • in a lie, the prologue might be quite detailed
  • often where the liar’s story contains a lot of truthful elements, such as time and place
MAIN EVENT
  • longest part of the story
  • in a false narrative, the main event is often glossed over
EPILOGUE
  • what occurred after the event
  • how it affected them
  • 90% of liars will omit the epilogue completely and conclude their story with the main event

• true stories are often jumbled and filled with irrelevant as well as sensory details
  • deceptive stories are often logical and streamlined but lack vivid sensory descriptions
  • one way that interrogators can weaken a suspect’s confidence is to ask questions that force him to jump around in his story
  • a person telling a true story shouldn’t have trouble when asked to go back and retell a piece of his story but liars often stumble around as they try to find an appropriate starting point
  • a story should contain the same level of detail beginning to end and a normally descriptive person should not suddenly hesitate to share
  • watch out for people who try to overwhelm you with unimportant facts
  • a deceptive person may respond to an allegation with a truthful statement that casts himself in a highly favorable light -- this is known as a “convince vs. convey” situation and is an attempt to convince the accuser of one’s uprightness, of being the type of person who would never do anything like what he’s been accused of doing, rather than to convey information that addresses the facts of the case

Red flags that may be an indicator of deceptive behavior:

Failure to Answer

Nonspecific Denials
  • "that's not something I would do"
Reluctant to Answer
  • "I'm not sure I'm the right person to talk to about that"
Repeating the Question

Non-answer Statements
  • "I'm glad you asked"
  • "I knew you were going to ask me about that"
  • "that's a good question"
Inconsistent Statements

Inappropriate Questions
  • answers a question with a non-related question
Overly Specific Answers

Inappropriate Level of Politeness
  • answers certain questions with "yes sir" but not others
  • interjects a compliment ("that's a nice tie, by the way")
Procedural Complaints
  • "Why are you wasting your time on me? You should be out there looking for the person who did this!"
  • "How long is this going to take?"
Failure to Understand a Simple Question

Referral Statements
  • "As I told your partner earlier..."
  • "I'll refer you to my earlier statement"
Selective Memory

Use of Qualifiers
  • "basically"
  • "probably"
  • "for the most part"
Convincing Statements
  • "I would never do that to someone I love!"
  • "I'm an honest person."
Verbal/Nonverbal Disconnect
  • says "no" but nods head yes
Displays Grooming Gestures
  • picking lint off of his clothes
  • twirling her hair
  • biting her fingernails
  • adjusting his tie
  • straightening her skirt

*These are just my own personal notes on the books Spy the Lie by Philip Houston, Michael Floyd, and Susan Carnicero and You Can't Lie to Me by Janine Driver

Right, because they really want to be found liable in a potential lawsuit for mishandling an investigation into an allegation.

She also accepted another position at the same time as the one she so unprofessionally dipped out on. What does that tell you?

If I'm reading the article correctly, she went on to work two other positions after the suspension was lifted. In the same area, NOT out of state. So was the military move real or fiction. The actual document is available should anyone care to read it. Google her name and teacher, it pops right up.

Bolded and underlined for emphasis.

Oooh, good catch, if true. I wouldn't be surprised if it was fiction, along with everything else she's claimed, it would seem. MOO.

Highly recommend reading the actual legal documents associated with what went down with TS and the schools, for those who haven’t. It’s crystal clear.

Spoiler alert: she hasn’t been honest about what happened. Seems to be a pattern for her....

Snipped by me.

You need to go read the actual hearing documents yourself.

You will see that these are excuses after she officially got called out on her behavior. She contracted with more than one school in the district at the same time, which is a no no. Not turning up to work, not responding to emails or phone calls from the school asking why she wasn't there. Not submitting any kind of official communication as to the reasons for her absence. Not submitting a prior notification of the need to be released from the contract...

The list goes on in terms of her unacceptable actions. It wasn't just a matter of her needing to move out of state because of her husband's military career. She acted poorly and breached her contract.

Then she has the nerve to claim harassment, claiming she was targeted by the bio mum's relative.

It would appear that TS is no stranger to lying to absolve herself of any responsibility for her own actions/wrongdoing.

There is a stark difference between what the official hearing documents say and her version of events.

Now we have her claiming she's being legally represented by people that she's not, passing lie detector tests that she probably hasn't taken. JMO

Why the constant dishonesty? The ongoing grudge with the Bio mum? Are we seeing someone who really is disconnected from reality in terms of her perception of events?

It's actually pretty scary, but also fascinating, to witness.
I read the document. It is revealed within the document that the BOE was provided the military order (proof of the move order), albeit it was late (received in pre-hearing communications) and not provided in the required time frame and method to facilitate proper review for the request.

Being lazy or disorganized or who knows what/why does not reveal one as capable of murderer or reveal a character that would hurt a child.

IMO, such fodder is being used to kick a person who was the last-to-see GS. Yes, we are not LE here and we have some leeway in kicking about a discussion regarding a possibility the person is involved but at this point we are not aware of any evidence that indicates involvement and I believe many are prematurely crossing a line.

Character flaws is all we have at this point. No evidence. Even the 'shopping trip' video is not definitive (yes, the 'shadows' again).

I read the document. It is revealed within the document that the BOE was provided the military order (proof of the move order), albeit it was late (received in pre-hearing communications) and not provided in the required time frame and method to facilitate proper review for the request.

Being lazy or disorganized or who knows what/why does not reveal one as capable of murderer or reveal a character that would hurt a child.

IMO, such fodder is being used to kick a person who was the last-to-see GS. Yes, we are not LE here and we have some leeway in kicking about a discussion regarding a possibility the person is involved but at this point we are not aware of any evidence that indicates involvement and I believe many are prematurely crossing a line.

Character flaws is all we have at this point. No evidence. Even the 'shopping trip' video is not definitive (yes, the 'shadows' again).

You left out bad grammar...we also definitely have bad grammar.

Bolded and underlined for emphasis.

Oooh, good catch, if true. I wouldn't be surprised if it was fiction, along with everything else she's claimed, it would seem. MOO.
Just like everything she's claiming now. She runs her mouth, but can't back it up with proof. TS uses a throw it at the wall and see what sticks tactic. It's ok, tick tock ...

And, a military family hasn't much choice, as they are not in full control of their lives. I'd guess others have experienced such push back in requesting to be released from contractual employment and may have resorted to employing tactics to facilitate the needs of their family.
I don't know. I've never known a teacher to sign a contract who hasn't been fully committed to that school. If she had let them know she might not be able to commit in the first place, they wouldn't have agreed to the contract. Then to turn around and blame the school is ridiculous. She didn't accept responsibility for her own actions which shows a pattern.

It's a huge inconvenience to staff, students and parents. It was dishonest and deceptive, which is what you wouldn't expect from a teacher who cares about children.

Imo

We've established a pattern of dishonesty. And resentment against the Bio mum. Don't you think that is very relevant for this case. TS is the last person who saw Gannon. He is the son of a woman she apparently hates. And yet she has shown deception in her statements about what happened to him during those crucial days before and after his disappearance.

What other theories are there that make sense for all of this deception on her part? Who else makes sense in terms of motive and opportunity? It seems very clear that law enforcement is not on the same page as TS's account of the situation. That is very telling.

I'd like to see someone explain TS's actions and inconsistencies (in context and examined as a whole), in a way which would clear her of any involvement in Gannon's disappearance. So far I haven't heard or seen anything that is convincing me otherwise. JMO.

The article from kktv.com
updated Wed 5:35am Feb 19
ENDANGERED: 11-year-old Colorado boy has been missing ...
www.kktv.com › content › news › Sheriffs-Office-searching-for-missi...

This article states:
Investigators say they are not at a point where they can call the investigation criminal.

Investigators say they are not at a point where they can call the investigation criminal.

When asked Feb. 10 at what point the Gannon case would change from a missing persons case to a criminal case, El Paso County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Jacqueline Kirby responded, "When the investigation leads us in that direction, and we're not there."

She said the same during an interview on Feb. 12.

That hasn't stopped speculation from running rampant, especially after multiple sightings of the Colorado Springs Police Department Metro Crime Lab at the Stauch family home.

In one such appearance at the home on Feb. 5, 4th Judicial District Attorney Dan May accompanied the crime lab.

The sight of the region's leading prosecutor at the missing boy's home prompted questions over the status of the case. The El Paso County Sheriff's Office maintained the case was still a missing-endangered case and not a criminal investigation.

"DA May being in Stauch home does not change the ongoing efforts in the search for Gannon," the sheriff's office wrote on Twitter. "There are no new updates to report at this time. Our priority remains bringing Gannon home safely to his parents and the investigation continues."

The sheriff's office previously said that the Metro Crime Lab is used in all kinds of investigation, both criminal and not.

"The crime lab is used to, again, get pieces. That’s a part of the investigation," said Sgt. Deborah Mynatt with the El Paso County Sheriff's Office. "That’s what they’re used for. So they’re out there and ensure they’re doing this with the proper measures. They’re using gloves and doing different things because they might come across something that might be part of the investigation. ... We get pieces of information that might not be criminal, that might just lead to where [Gannon] might be. Those kinds of things. So when we get pieces of evidence, it has to be maintained and protected and, again, that's why we might use crime lab. They're really good with that they're experts in the field, and that's why we do that, so it might not be criminal."

It's maddening that LE hasn't brought charges against the last person to see Gannon.

It is clear that they have been conducting a vigorous criminal investigation. Formal statements notwithstanding.

Again, LE doesn’t collect evidence in a case like this without search warrants. This isn’t a cop pulling a guy over and trying to find drugs in his car without a warrant. This is a huge deal. And you can’t get search warrants without probable cause that a crime was committed.

I feel confident in LE at this point. They’re doing their job. Seems like their doing it smart and efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor