Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure that applies to the entire state of Colorado. I believe IMO it was the judge in the Frazee case that made that ruling. The Aurora theater shooter trial in 2015 in Arapahoe county was live-streamed. Here’s what I found about the Frazee judge :
^^sbm

The standards for authorizing expanded media coverage (EMC) (i.e., cameras, video, audio, live stream, etc.) are provided in Chapter 38, Rule 3 of the Colorado SupremeCourt Rules, and it does apply to the entire state of Colorado.

Rule 3 provides that EMC is NOT allowed in criminal trial courtrooms EXCEPT for during Advisements and Arraignments.

And there's no guarantee that cameras will be allowed for every Advisement and Arraignment -- it only means that those are the only two types of hearings that a Judge will consider for EMC or streaming approval.

For example -- Judge Sells denied the motion to allow EMC at Frazee's Arraignment-- agreeing with the defense's motion that EMC would interfere with the rights of the parties to a fair trial, detract from the solemnity, decorum, and dignity of the Court, and would create adverse effects greater than those caused by traditional media coverage.

As for the Aurora Shooter -- it's often misstated that live streaming (EMC)was allowed. It was not. What the court approved by special order in the interest of the people was for one close circuit TV camera (under court control) installed in the courtroom, and that is what you watched broadcast on the networks -- a closely monitored circuit TV and not live stream coverage.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Media/Cameras in the Courtroom 2015 update.pdf

My son has an ongoing prescription for asthma inhalers. He hasn't had an acute attack for years but he still carries it with him daily. Perhaps it's something along those lines.

If that detail meant that my child would be bumped up in urgency status in a missing persons investigation, you can bet that I would use it. Whatever it took to increase the resources and chances of finding him.

Right. Obviously, it's not some absolutely essential med like insulin for a diabetic.

Are you talking about this midmoonlady? If so, I have not seen this mentioned either.

"LeTecia told the El Paso County Sheriff's Office that Gannon left home through a side door on January 27 to walk to a friend's house in Colorado Springs."

Yeah, the side door.

The known side door in the middle of the gate.

Maybe we don't/didn't know that she said it to the sheriff, but she said it to everyone by/in her second FB statement; didn't she? This isn't some new-to-us information they're laying down.

That stuff provides a great deal of context to what we have seen thus far.

A person comfortable with lying, and a viscous attack on Gannon’s mom.

It’s scary that she she was ever alone with him, as it’s clear this woman holds a grudge. It’s not a stretch to believe she would take out her hatred of LH on her little boy.

In retrospect anyways.
I'm not defending SM's situation as presented in that Sun article, but I must weigh both sides (as any proper armchair detective should do ;-) ).

The article indicates SM asked to be released from an employment contract because of a pending military move situation. Ask a military family who's experienced such a need, you'll find job-jumping is a necessary part of the deal.

It is possible, after SM asked to be released from contract and the employer refused that SM felt forced to try a different tactic (claim harassment) to facilitate a contract release. I'm not claiming I approve of the tactic but when one is provided no relief to address a legitimate and reasonable request then you fight the best fight you can muster. I'm not saying I definitively believe this is what happened but I do believe it is possible because I do not trust certain MSM to present complete nor even fully accurate reporting, especially in cases such as this. ETA: Nor do I trust employers who also perform as their own watchdog, a watchdog who 'investigates' and makes conclusions on their own behavior.

ETA: grammar

Last edited:
I only just realized why this case has hit me so hard. My son is only a year older, looks like he could be Gannon's twin brother and also loves playing videogames.

I want a good outcome for him, and his family, so desperately. But as the weeks go on, with the stuff we've learnt already, and no sign of him, it's hard to hold on to hope.

No matter what, though, I'm here for Gannon.

I'm not defending SM's situation as presented in that Sun article, but I must weigh both sides (as any proper armchair detective should do ;-) ).

The article indicates SM asked to be released from an employment contract because of a pending military move situation. Ask a military family who's experienced such a need, you'll find job-jumping is a necessary part of the deal.

It is possible, after SM asked to released from contract and the employer refused that SM felt forced to try a different tactic (claim harassment) to facilitate a contract release. I'm not claiming I approve of the tactic but when one is provided no relief to address a legitimate and reasonable request then you fight the best fight you can muster. I'm not saying I definitively believe this is what happened but I do believe it is possible because I do not trust certain MSM to present complete nor even fully accurate reporting, especially in cases such as this.

ITA. And a lapsed license is no big in most professions. And, in the real world, there probably is something to her side of the story. jmo

ADMIN REMINDERS:

Family social media is off limits, no matter how heartbreaking.

Politicizing is not allowed.

If some social media comment is contained in MSM, it is allowed for discussion here. Members may not however start posting other comments from that same social media page.

You want to talk food, take it to the What's Cooking thread in the basement. This thread is about a missing, possibly deceased child.

Last edited:

It is possible, after SM asked to released from contract and the employer refused that SM felt forced to try a different tactic (claim harassment) to facilitate a contract release. I'm not claiming I approve of the tactic but when one is provided no relief to address a legitimate and reasonable request then you fight the best fight you can muster. I'm not saying I definitively believe this is what happened but I do believe it is possible because I do not trust certain MSM to present complete nor even fully accurate reporting, especially in cases such as this.
Read the documents, they tell the story.

Yeah, the side door.

The known side door in the middle of the gate.

Maybe we don't/didn't know that she said it to the sheriff, but she said it to everyone by/in her second FB statement; didn't she? This isn't some new-to-us information they're laying down.
Yeppers. I am aware.

I know many are sick of talking about RD's video, but I just want to add something I've been thinking about. Many of us have been speculating about the long bag/item that TS was carrying and put in the truck. Guessing from a rifle, a bat, shovel, etc. I believe that AS saw the video, in better resolution that we have, and knew exactly what that item was. This is why he started crying and it sealed in his mind that TS was responsible for Gannon's disappearance.

If LE again comments they believe GS is alive, after so much time has passed since he went missing then I would hope LE will provide at least a minimal reasoning why they hold such a belief.

If it's because they don't believe a certain individual has it in them to have done the Worst to GS then I would question such reasoning. Since I do not believe LE would be that dismissive I must assume LE has evidence that leans toward or directly points to the likelihood that GS is alive.

Are you talking about this midmoonlady? If so, I have not seen this mentioned either.

"LeTecia told the El Paso County Sheriff's Office that Gannon left home through a side door on January 27 to walk to a friend's house in Colorado Springs."

Funny how she could know he left through the side door if she was working out in the basement with headphones in. And with Gannon having the only key, there'd be no way she would know he walked through that gate since he would have locked it behind him.

As the days wear on with no new info or statement from LE, I do grow frustrated, but then I remind myself that- with no body yet discovered, and one not likely to appear till Spring, if at all- they will need an airtight case possibly based at least in part on circumstantial evidence. So, the more they can collect and analyze the better, and the more they will be able to use to compel the POI (when finally named) to disclose the location of sweet Gannon.

If LE again comments they believe GS is alive, after so much time has passed since he went missing then I would hope LE will provide at least a minimal reasoning why they hold such a belief.

If it's because they don't believe a certain individual has it in them to have done the Worst to GS then I would question such reasoning. Since I do not believe LE would be that dismissive I must assume LE has evidence that leans toward or directly points to the likelihood that GS is alive.
This is completely standard. They will maintain he is alive until they have proof that he is not.

I’ve followed probably dozens of cases where they have used similar language, and most of them ended up with a body being found.

The public is more engaged when they are looking for a living person. It’s that simple.

Yes, but the problem is as a teacher it's irresponsible to sign a contract with two different schools in case one doesn't work out.
It's extremely difficult for a district to hire a new teacher at the start of the school year.
It's the students who suffer because they likely have to hire inexperienced subs until they find a qualified teacher, which could take months. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487