Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was wearing tracksuit legs in the video with a stripe down the side.. that is visible.
He was described as wearing jeans in the missing runaway report which is quite different.
IMO there's something not right about his being reported missing in jeans, when it is seen that he was wearing a tracksuit. Sure he could have changed, but how many 11 year old boys would change mid day? Seems like deliberately misleading, or subconsciously needing to unsee.

Considering the possibility that she made him walk to his final spot (which just makes me sick), they could’ve hiked up Spruce Mt. from the trailhead. It’s about a mile to the top where there are very rocky cliffs looking down over Spruce Mt. Ranch. We hike up there all the time and it’s a sheer rocky cliff that drops straight off around 500-600 feet. It’s terrifying to walk to the edge but it’s a beautiful view of Pikes Peak.

It would take 20-30 minutes to get to the top. Once on top, the trail goes all the way around the butte but given her time constraints, I would expect her to run back down. The whole thing would take less than an hour.

If she drove out of the parking lot and went north, it’s less than a mile to Noe Road, which she could take west to 105 with a few stops to get rid of stuff. Then south on 105 to Sierra Pines to dump more stuff, then home.

There are many problems with this theory. The first one that comes to mind is that LE isn’t searching near Spruce Mt.

MOO
Just to use this location you mentioned as an example... it makes me wonder if LS was an All Trails app user as I am. Here’s an example of a recent reviewer’s description of the trail.

*ETA a map of Eagle Pass Trail which is accessible via the Spruce Mountain Trail at Noe Rd.

Attachments

• F2F476AD-C1A8-44CC-8C2E-915942BB6FE1.jpeg
    F2F476AD-C1A8-44CC-8C2E-915942BB6FE1.jpeg
    124.2 KB · Views: 67
  • F622932D-4B89-498F-B61A-C262F604BE82.jpeg
    F622932D-4B89-498F-B61A-C262F604BE82.jpeg
    437.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 4796663B-D42F-43AE-BA67-6F13B90E1D28.jpeg
    4796663B-D42F-43AE-BA67-6F13B90E1D28.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Appreciate you locals in explaining locations, terrain and weather. I think I need to stop complaining about my Canadian winter. Typically Novemberish to Marchish. Snow can vary as well.
We often get snow into May and then it seems to usually start back up around Oct. But again, those are iffy and can vary. Colorado weather can surprise us. Don't bother planting anything until at least Mother's Day. And if you dodge the snow, the hail can still destroy your garden in the summer. May the odds be ever in your favor!

Hopefully, it’s not so commonplace and uninteresting kids don’t still make snowmen. Right, kids still love to play out in it don’t they?
It's quite commonplace and uninteresting. The first snow of the year is notable as pretty and a change of things. Fall and Spring snowfalls are more played in than the midwinter ones, just because it's too cold to spend time outside during a lot of the December and January weather. The well below zero temperatures and snow arrive together during those months. And the snow doesn't generally stay on the ground for long after a blizzardy coldsnap ends. A lot of the snow sublimates into the atmosphere without melting.

Hopefully, it’s not so commonplace and uninteresting kids don’t still make snowmen. Right, kids still love to play out in it don’t they?
Yes- the kids here still love to play in the snow. Build snowmen, sledding, etc. Not a lot of ice cream making out of our snow though. And yes, shoveling. Lots of shoveling lol.

Heck yes!!! And some adults. (cough)
I never get tired of going outside at night when it is snowing. It will never be anything less than magical. It lights up the whole sky. It is just LIGHT and beautiful outside. Between the snow and the mountains here, it is as close to Heaven as I can imagine.

Until somebody comes in and makes it seem otherwise. :(

I really enjoy hearing everyone’s theories and it helps to be reminded to keep an open mind. TS’s actions are just soooo very suspect and we just don’t have many pieces to this “very, very large puzzle”. I think that and LE being so tight lipped have led to a large number of us feeling that TS is responsible for Gannon’s disappearance and quite possibly rightfully so. The wait for answers is just heartbreaking.

I went back to re-watch the interview and as painful as it was I just wanted to get down some of those statements by TS in which she seems so confident that he is going to return and put them all down in one place.

“Why are you saying Gannon is dead?”
“He is not dead.”
“We are going to find Gannon.”
“I’m just ready for Gannon to come home..Most importantly for him to see his family, but second, I am going to be so ecstatic when I'm able to say to people that I hope they have a really sincere apology for all these theories that have (come) out online.”
“Wait until the end and see what happens ‘cause Gannon’s gonna come home.”
Message to Gannon: “When you get here you’ll be able to tell what truly happened and then I really hope I get a sincere apology...”

I really don’t know what to make of these overly confident statements. I waiver between she’s so sick to publicly say this when she’s hurt him and disappeared him or she really knows where he is and he will return. This woman confuses me.

Mark Redwine said the same things about his son Dylan. Wesley Hadsell said the same things about his daughter AJ. Both men are in prison, charged with murder now.

It's quite commonplace and uninteresting. The first snow of the year is notable as pretty and a change of things. Fall and Spring snowfalls are more played in than the midwinter ones, just because it's too cold to spend time outside during a lot of the December and January weather. The well below zero temperatures and snow arrive together during those months. And the snow doesn't generally stay on the ground for long after a blizzardy coldsnap ends. A lot of the snow sublimates into the atmosphere without melting.

I'm an adult and I still get my butt outside for Every. Single. Snowfall. Just to enjoy it. The quietness of it. The beauty of it. No matter the month, no matter the temps.

LOL It’s cut and dry. The puzzle piece represents solving a puzzling case by putting it together piece by piece. It’s blue because they are cops. It’s not a special Gannon symbol, a secret code to sleuths, or an ominous coded message to guilty parties. This ain’t a Scooby Doo episode, Gang! Rorry Raggy.
BBM:

Actually, I think you may be wrong about that.

I think it IS in fact a very pointed message intended for the guilty party.

"Ruh-Roh, Recia!"

JMO.

Just to use this location you mentioned as an example... it makes me wonder if LS was an All Trails app user as I am. Here’s an example of a recent reviewer’s description of the trail.

ETA a map of Eagle Pass Trail
Is that a commonly used app?

Also, I don't know if it was mentioned.
but the EPCS stated that the searches around 105 where they were searching were suspended.
BUT they didn't necessarily state that ALL searches were suspended.
They have been pretty tight-lipped about where the other searches are. There very well could be other searches going on that they aren't discussing.
IMO

Yes. I use it often and many that I know use it as well. I got myself turned around up in Cheyenne Canyon once. Scared the crud out of me. I didn't think I had much of a signal, but thankfully I guess there was enough to mark my trail on the app, so I could figure out where I was and circle back using my tracking.

We use it all the time! It especially helps when you’re hiking on a sketchy trail because it uses your phone GPS to track you against the trail. But it’s also very useful for finding trails in a specific area and learning all the details about them.

Let's repeat it for those in the back.

Hello everyone, long time listener, first time caller. I’m honored to officially become part of the Websleuths community.

I’ve been very hesitant to post by thoughts on Gannons case both out of the potentially sensitive nature of the investigation and the backlash that surely comes with anyone daring to suggest LS/TS/SM is anything less than a suspect in Gannons disappearance.

So let me begin by stating my disgust toward anyone assuming his death and assuming her guilt. This community is better than that. Other than the amount of time passed, there is literally nothing, NOTHING that suggests he is dead. This includes LE statements and actions. I will admit that I felt pessimistic about the direction/outcome of this case until I realized NONE of the FACTS tell us to feel that way. LE, despite what seems like common logic, isn’t even designating it a criminal investigation.

If anyone else felt like there were more questions than answers as the investigation moves forward, replace the assumption that LS harmed him with the assumption he’s alive. There are far fewer circumstances where this makes sense but an interesting thing begins to happen with this assumption...not only are there less questions, there’s hardly any questions at all and things begin to look crystal clear. JMHO.

IMO there are two scenarios we are dealing with and BOTH involve apologies to LS.

We’ve been given a lot of bones to ignore the steak.

Before I get toasted to oblivion from the pitchfork wielding mob against LS, do not forget we are not far removed from Shane Carey being all but convicted in the public eye and did a darn good job at making himself look that way, intended or not. LE is not dumb, they will misdirect intentionally to preserve the integrity of the investigation and they are most likely to do this when they think the victim is alive.

Whether you agree or not, I encourage everyone to at least pretend to have a little hope. 7,000+ investigative hours can’t be discounted just because we haven’t heard what we want to hear. IMO

That sort of thing tends to be for people and places for whom/which snow is a rare event. Mostly, we just shoveled snow.
We live east of Colorado Springs now and our kids relish making snowmen. But Caramel is right that the novelty wears off when you live in a place where it constantly piles up, like Palmer Lake. We used to live in Divide, and all we did was curse & shovel it. Hated snow.

Exactly. And while he was high on my list, I noted his tears always seemed real, although I thought that could be from remorse.

But this is a different case.

It depends on the circumstances. Chris Watts gave a half confession, before pleading guilty and getting the max he could get. But if someone confessed to less than first degree murder and there was no evidence of first degree murder, then they could definitely be charged with less.
I believe Watts avoided a death penalty, despite his despicable half-confession (which blamed the victim for the murder of her daughters). He likely still would have received death, but for his in-laws' preferences
...if I recall correctly.

HERE FOR GANNON. **sobs**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members