Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, Lorson Ranch, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *endangered* #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I'm the one who wrote my opinion was that he is permanently done with the new wife, I'll explain my thinking.

If a man kicks that wife out of the house believing she is responsible for his son's disappearance, leaving no room for discussion and lets the ex-wife move in, he must feel permanently done and surely, she does.

I don't know these folks and I'm just speculating after being an observer of human behavior for 70 years.

If these two get back together I'll eat the proverbial WS hat.....and, yes, I've nibbled one or two.
I second this. She was kicked out of the house so fast that she wasn’t able to take clothes with her.

He has not once, offered a word of support.

As for her, I think she arrogantly and naively believes there is a path forward for them after this.

Like there is a chance in hell of that happening, after what she undoubtedly did to his son.

Here’s to hoping that wedding rings are exchanged for handcuffs.

I’m not sure. I’m not a legal expert, but doing something like that seems to open the door to a lawyer questioning the investigation down the road.

I don’t think they would make that mistake. I definitely can’t say it wasn’t intentional though either.

I dunno Mass, when people go missing it is not uncommon to show videos of when they were last seen if such video is available.

I dunno Mass, when people go missing it is not uncommon to show videos of when they were last seen if such video is available.
Absolutely. But that’s typically released by law enforcement itself.

My issue here is that they apparently didn’t, and refused to comment on it. That’s what’s confusing me.

It’s not a tactic I’ve seen before (having someone leak it for them and then feigning frustration that it happened).

So I’m completely undecided on what exactly occurred. Not that I have any problem with turning up the heat.

After thinking about this some more, I think this is probably what happened.

Neighbor sees the video, and informs dad.

They notify law enforcement, who then obtain a copy of the video.

Reporters get wind of it, and receive a copy from the neighbor.

Their respective news organizations then contact the sheriff’s office, to ask their take on it.

Sheriff’s office says “wait, we need to figure this all out. Don’t air it until we give approval.”

They ultimately give their blessing, whether they truly want it out or not (because it’s going to leak out eventually).

After thinking about this some more, I think this is probably what happened.

Neighbor sees the video, and informs dad.

They notify law enforcement, who then obtain a copy of the video.

Reporters get wind of it, and receive a copy from the neighbor.

Their respective news organizations then contact the sheriff’s office, to ask their take on it.

Sheriff’s office says “wait, we need to figure this all out. Don’t air it until we give approval.”

They ultimately give their blessing, whether they truly want it out or not (because it’s going to leak out eventually).
I can see it unfolding like that.

It also worked in their favour by shining the light (even more) on someone they cannot yet name as a POI or suspect.

I can see it unfolding like that.

It also worked in their favour by shining the light (even more) on someone they cannot yet name as a POI or suspect.
Yeah, I really don’t see a downside to that video being out.

One possible benefit, is TS would have some explaining to do down at the police station.

When she talks, it can only hurt her.

You know what?
Ever since the beginning when I was fantasizing that Gannon, being a little boy, had escape routes from the garden and I was told that it was heavily fenced in and not possible, I realise I never actually saw a photograph of the back garden at all, like never?
Did anybody?
I have a feeling, based on nothing at all that it might be significant??
The drone films done very early on show how high the stockade fencing is around the entire back yard. It would be difficult for Gannon to even see over into adjacent yards and also, there does not appear to be any gates in the back span or the sides (into neighbor's yard). Only out the front through the gate.

IMO the reporter Tom Mustin gets a lot of things wrong. If he had a video of RD actually saying he saw the kids THAT morning, you can bet it would be a huge deal and all media would be reporting it. Of all the interviews I’ve seen with RD he only mentions seeing GS outside occasionally playing with his sisters as in this one:
Neighbor of missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch says surveillance video shows boy leave home with female relative
“ He occasionally saw Gannon playing with his sisters in the front yard.“

Also, JMO it was VERY uncool of Mustin to report RD’s place of employment. This is a very small town.
One more thing about Tom Mustin. After his “breaking news” about the video, he tweeted out that LE told him that the Dad was not a POI. He was called out on it, deleted his tweet, but his response is still up:
Tom Mustin on Twitter

I am just catching up so forgive me if someone else has said he same thing,but what Tom Mustin actually tweeted was that LE refused to confirm AS was not a POI,not that they said he wasn't one.

ETA That's the same for everything in this case so far,they don't confirm or deny most things!, and I don't believe AS is a suspect.

Good morning! Wow a whole thread behind and counting....I apologize as I will likely not ever see most of what I have missed but I have peaked in on any short potty break I can muster and seems there r some differing theories and concerns being brought to light. Hmmm
I, myself, have been stuck on the thoughts of one poster who appears to maybe be close to the investigation. Maybe not. But has me thinking on my long drives to and from work non the less. How could someone possibly have good intentions but cross the boundary of the law when a child is concerned. So far only thing I can come up with is that someone (a close or distant relative(s) or a close friend of any of the parents) was concerned about G for whatever reason. Maybe it was a call G made himself? A plea for help? And they went to get him. Good intentions indeed but crosses the line of the law. Makes me now wonder if there are behind the scenes searches going on now by the ever so quiet FBI somewhere outside Colorado?
Anyway, heading to work and G is always on my mind. Have a good Sunday everyone.

MOO - Regrding the RD video, I think LE didn't want it released straight off because they wanted time to question TS about her comings and goings that day and ofcourse why Gannon appears to not get out of the truck!! It was probably their biggest piece of damning evidence at that point in time. Hopefully they have much more evidence now. At the very least if she lied to them when questioned then they have that also as video evidence now!
The version of the RD video we have seen is such extremely poor quality, I imagine it has to have been taken on lets say a mobile phone camera by a journalist rather than RD actualy handing out a physical or digital copy.

MOO - Regrding the RD video, I think LE didn't want it released straight off because they wanted time to question TS about her comings and goings that day and ofcourse why Gannon appears to not get out of the truck!! It was probably their biggest piece of damning evidence at that point in time. Hopefully they have much more evidence now. At the very least if she lied to them when questioned then they have that also as video evidence now!
The version of the RD video we have seen is such extremely poor quality, I imagine it has to have been taken on lets say a mobile phone camera by a journalist rather than RD actualy handing out a physical or digital copy.
That’s a great point. I now think their stance on this was “it’s not that we don’t want that video released, it’s that we don’t want that video released right now.”

So timing was the source of any frustration, and not the release of the footage itself.

I must have seen a dozen tweets by reporters/networks commenting how LE requested the neighbors surveillance video not be shown and that they were honoring the request. It's never been clear to me if some reporter/network ignored the request and released the footage anyway or if they were given the go-ahead from LE. Seemed to me that suddenly there were various version of different quality that hit the MSM and social media with no clarification or comment by LE. Only recently has LE made a statement that they are not disputing what's seen on RD (neighbor) video so I assume that it applies to whatever version is out there.

MOO

giphy.gif

Good morning, all.
Here bright and early for Gannon!

From everything we've learned, I believe that, upon reviewing ALL available neighborhood footage, the only suspicious vehicle LE has identified is the truck TS is seen driving. And its presence coincides with the last known image of Gannon, underscoring the fact that he didn't leave on foot, didn't leave with a mystery person or in a mystery vehicle but left with THAT person in THAT vehicle.

The video, of which we've only seen a grainy clip, was enough IMO to give LE a new starting point, a person and vehicle of interest and a whole new path of digital forensics to follow. Which IMO is why the searchers left the neighborhood and began sifting for clues 40 miles away. Why? Because THAT vehicle left the neighborhood. And LE knows exactly which minute it did.

If the Patrick Frazee trial gives us an indication, guilt will be unmistakable and conviction will be inevitable.

JMO

Last edited:
Regarding the gate business, as far as I can tell there is NO back gate, nor any side gate exit. That's what I was trying to tell everyone when I posted up the pictures from Google Earth earlier. The only gate that I can see opens out on the front of the property facing Mandan Drive directly.

If you look around the neighborhood and even around the corner (Rubicon Drive) and down the street that runs parallel to Mandan (Galpin Drive), you'll see that all the houses appear to share side fences and back fences with each other. So there is a house directly behind the Stauchs' and to either side of them. But no alleyways, no other gates visible except the ones that open out onto the street.

So as far as I can tell, there is no exit from the backyard except through the house and through the gate which is right beside the front garage. There doesn't appear to be a side door to the garage, just the large front garage door and presumably a door that leads you inside the house. Pictures have been uploaded earlier in the thread. But you can look for yourself using Google Earth or Google maps Street view.

My point has always been: there is no way for Gannon to escape the property out the back or to the sides (unless he was climbing fences). Using the gate to escape unnoticed makes no sense at all in the narrative. It's right by the garage door and the front door. It opens out onto the street directly. Where all the surveillance cameras presumably are. Anyone coming to or off the property have to use Mandan Drive.

I hope I am explaining myself better.

The drone films done very early on show how high the stockade fencing is around the entire back yard. It would be difficult for Gannon to even see over into adjacent yards and also, there does not appear to be any gates in the back span or the sides (into neighbor's yard). Only out the front through the gate.

I think the "side gate" is the one you're referring to. I used to have one just like it and also called it the side gate. Maybe because it's off the side of the house?

I've never really understood the claim that he left through that gate. I know the stepmom made a point to talk about the gate, but did she actually claim that's how he left? It wouldn't really make sense that he would or that she would know that, but I just can't figure out where it came from to begin with.

Yeah, I'm not saying I'm psychic or something, but I've always understood and expected the "side" gate to actually be a "front" gate going out onto the street; and to expect the "side" terminology comes about as colloquial, because you are accessing it through a door at the side of the house.

If we are to believe the reporter from Denver 7 (who obtained and released the video), Gannon and his little sister were playing together in the front yard on the day of his disappearance. Was this early morning before school? I'm not sure- the time was not discussed. If Gannon was well enough to play in the front yard, what prevented him from going to school? Beginning at about 1:48 in link below.

Also mentioned was the response from AS after viewing the video. (I know we've had some discussion about that). Beginning at about 58 seconds: "I knew it. I knew she was lying."

Link for Denver 7 YouTube video:

IMO the reporter Tom Mustin gets a lot of things wrong. If he had a video of RD actually saying he saw the kids THAT morning, you can bet it would be a huge deal and all media would be reporting it. Of all the interviews I’ve seen with RD he only mentions seeing GS outside occasionally playing with his sisters as in this one:
Neighbor of missing 11-year-old Gannon Stauch says surveillance video shows boy leave home with female relative
“ He occasionally saw Gannon playing with his sisters in the front yard.“

Also, JMO it was VERY uncool of Mustin to report RD’s place of employment. This is a very small town.
One more thing about Tom Mustin. After his “breaking news” about the video, he tweeted out that LE told him that the Dad was not a POI. He was called out on it, deleted his tweet, but his response is still up:
Tom Mustin on Twitter

I thought it was established, likely in newspapers closer to his earlier account, that RD meant and said he'd seen Gannon playing with his sister early Sunday morning. I thought it was clear at the time because they were talking about Sunday footage/events in the same interview; and that RD just continued on talking about the events of Sunday.

Or am I imagining it???

Yes, BeckyF, it's disheartening not to have confidence in what you read and hear.

I remember when the NYT fired reporter, Rick Bragg for using an out-of-town stringer and not including him in the byline.

Now it seems stories are reported based on social media claptrap or borrowed and doctored speculation with no original interviews at all.

Yes, some outfits will literally quote random Twitter users, and the opinions of Twitter users in the aggregate, like everyone in the world is on Twitter. Drives me insane.

<modsnip: off topic>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an observation albeit probably an old one in comparison to other similar cases. In the Lacy Peterson case...her family was behind Scott and publicly stood by his side. Then, when the case went south regarding his involvement they publicly denounced their support. Neither of these things have happened in this case. No public show of support for the stepmom and no public denouncement of support....again, this case is quite strange regarding public information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd